HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?

Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2??

Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB

Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol.

Any info appreciated

Cheers

comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess
that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput
of USB 2.0.  HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98,
which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote:

>Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2??
>
>Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB
>
>Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol.
>
>Any info appreciated
>
>Cheers

0
ben_myers_spam_me_no
1/20/2005 2:15:57 PM
Ta Ben. I finally got a tech online to chat with. And yup
he said its definitely 1.1 and USB2. So, it'll make use of USB2
if u have USB 2 ports and a USB2 cable.

> From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to
> guess
> that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher
> throughput
> of USB 2.0.  HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows
> 98,
> which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben
> Myers
>
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2??
>>
>>Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB
>>
>>Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol.
>>
>>Any info appreciated
>>
>>Cheers

USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?
Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/... It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check? I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's Web site. I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB s...

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
Dear all, Could I use a win32 function to get the USB port is suport USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? I want to write a program to access the USB devices and show them is in the USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. Could everyone help me to find the function call? Or where I can find any relative information? Thanks. ---Ted Hi, Well, removable ms-dos devices such as USBs can be accessed through the \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive#. Call the API QueryDosDevice(), and get a list of all existing MS-DOS device names. You can also use the function DefineDosDevice() to define the device name as well. That said, whe...

USB 1.1 Host with no hardware USB core
We're working on an embedded device that needs to talk to USB mass storage devices. We have several processor options, some with internal USB cores, and some that will require external cores. The OS will be something simple, and not of the order of an embedded Linux or Windows CE. Most of the processors have a rich set of I/O pins, so I was wondering, has anyone tried emulating a USB 1.1 host (or subset) using just the processor and software (and a jack, the appropriate pull-ups, etc.)? I'm looking into this on the side, mostly for my own curiosity. My guess is it can be...

how can you tell if you have usb 1.1 or usb 2
How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? "Laura" <handl@mts.net> wrote in message news:e0ddcf8.0407291201.1dc73116@posting.google.com... > > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a > usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector? Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Then right click on the USB hub(s) and click Properties. Another way is to plug in a known USB 2.0 device into the port. The system will pop a warning if the port is USB 1.1. dk "Laura" > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you ...

Conn4x & USB rev 2.2.2348
It's available at: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=351776&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=33568&prodTypeId=215348&swEnvOID=20 That's HP's "business support center" site. The "HP Customer Care" site doesn't have it yet; as far as I can tell, it usually takes a few more days for new files to show up there. It's not obvious to me what the changes from build 2345 are, but I've downloaded and installed build 2348, and it's seems to work ok. The USB driver installation is still a b...

Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1
I have two generic 4-port USB hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0 compliant. The older one is fine, works as advertised. Meanwhile the newer one sometimes shows up under the USB 2.0 root hub (i.e. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller"), or usually it shows up under the slower "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller" (USB 1.1). My motherboard (Asus M2NPV-VM) USB ports are all USB 2.0 compliant, and they individually auto-detect whether they need to switch down to USB 1.1 speeds. I'm using a Microsoft tool called UVCView under Windows XP to display the det...

USB 1 with USB 2 external USB devices?
I notice some hardware (scanners, printers...) are advertised as having USB 2. I have a flat-panel iMac with USB 1. Is it possible to plug in a USB 2 device to one of my USB ports? Would it work (though presumably not as fast as if plugged into a USB 2 port? Alternatively, can the USB 1 be swapped out for a new USB 2 thingy? At all? Easily??? If these are silly questions, my apologies. I'm a non-techie throwback to the old SCSI days, and USB/Firewire leave me bamboozled, but I don't want to buy gear that won't work with my machine (and I don't have the funds to replace t...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

Compatibilit� USB 2.0 et USB 1.1 avec W2K ?
Bonjour Je rencontre un PB avec l'une de mes cl�s USB qui est USB 2.0 et qui bug lorsque je la connacte sur un hub USB 1.1 : je la "vois" sur le PC mais je ne peux y transf�rer quoique ce soit, malgr� l'installation des drivers sp�cifiques. Ayant constat� qu'avec XP, chaque fois que l'on connecte un p�riph�rique USB 2.0 sur un port 1.1 XP signale qu'il peux y avoir des porbl�mes, je vous drais savoir si cela existe aussi avec W2K. Merci d'avance Sorry Pegasus Mail is NOT USB 1.x or 2.0 compliant. Dave ;-) <John.Viel@caramail.rem...

HP Scanjet 2200c used scanner USB 1.1?
Is this scanner USB 1.1 and the slow speed due to that USB 1.1 bus? ============== My old legacy scanner UMAX 600s SCSI scanner bit the dust while back. I'd had more and more trouble with it and OSX & keeping it working with Vuescan & SCSI card in QuickSilver G4 933MHz. ============== I found a HP Scanjet 2200c in a garage sale for $5 and (thank goodness) Vuescan supported it. Got it working. SLLLLL OOOOOO WWW, but works. Searching around on internet & HP's site I gather this was a relatively cheap scanner designed for Windows. Is the slow speed primarily becaus...

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

problem related to backward compatibility of usb 2.0 -> usb 1.1?
Hi, I've recently bought an external harddrive (Q - tec). It's great stuff. The hdd combines lot's of storage space and small dimensions with adequate speed because it runs on usb 2.0. Just plug it in and do whatever you feel like doing. Needless to say, I've grown attached to it. Then bad things started to happen. One night, my PC got fragged (cooked MCU on motherboard). As a result, I was forced to use my dad's computer in order to finish my work for school. It didn't have any usb 2.0 slots, so I had to make due with usb 1.1. I plugged it in, started Wi...

How to detect if an USB Flash Stick/other device supports USB 2.0 (or only 1.1) ?
Is there a way or tool which allows me to detect if a (currently plugged in) USB Stick resp other device (e.g.scanner) supports the USB version 2.0 or only USB 1.1 ? Tom ...

USB 1.0 or 1.1??
Howdy! Googled this as much as I could, but no luck. I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like to know what kind of USB port it has. The "revision" I think it's called. You know 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. I'm sure it's not 2.0 but I'd like to know if it's 1.1 or 1.0. Does anybody know of a way to tell what revision a USB port is? Or if not, does anyone know what revision is on a Toshiba 4030CDT? Penno "penno" schrieb > I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like > to know what...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy....

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy....

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

How to tell USB 1 or USB 2?
How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Thanks, Anthony In article <f0a79190.0402251052.2265babc@posting.google.com>, anthony <ajc1961@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Run the System Profiler application. Click USB, then USB Bus. If it saya "Up to 12 Mb/sec," you have USB 1.1. If it's something higher than that, it's USB 2. (As I don't have USB 2, I'm not positive of the USB 2 speed figure, but I believe it's 480Mbps.) -- Garner R. Miller Manchester, CT =USA= ...

USB Secure 1.2.1
USB Secure helps you password protect USB drives, Thumb drives, Memory cards, External drives and Flash drives. It supports plug and play and runs automatically once a USB drive is plugged in, asking you the password for it. USB Secure is hassle free and it doesn't need a rocket scientist to master. USB flash drives are the most popular way to move data from one PC to another. They are small in size but can carry gigabytes of data. They are easy to use, convenient, affordable, but at the same time they pose a security risk and can be easily lost, stolen or misplaced. A secure US...

USB 1.1
Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host PC. Thanks, Martin Roth Motorola Israel Martin Roth wrote: > Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? > > I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host > PC. > > Thanks, > > Martin Roth > Motorola Israel In most cases, USB 2.0 devices will "downshift" to 1.1 speeds. You might find a device that was unable to do so, because it needed ...

Need USB bugfix: "HP ScanJet USB Connectivity Update (Windows 2000/XP) 1.0"
Where can I download the bugfix for USB ports labeled: "HP ScanJet USB Connectivity Update (Windows 2000/XP) 1.0" All the links I found with Google lead to a dead end. Please, could someone send me this small bugfix. Thx Thomas "Thomas Stein" <thosteREMOVETHIS@email.com> wrote in message news:c62t89$ob$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Where can I download the bugfix for USB ports labeled: > > "HP ScanJet USB Connectivity Update (Windows 2000/XP) 1.0" > > All the links I found with Google lead to a dead end. > > Please...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Web resources about - HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2? - comp.sys.hp.hardware