Learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates - short-lifed.

I'm learning my lessons.  Do Not Buy HP Printers.  They has expiration
dates.  The printers stop working once the date is up.

Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away
the printer for about six months.  If I had known it works like this, I
would never get this one in the beginning.

Hey HP, Very smart way of making money.  But I'm buying generic ink
cartridges instead of yours.
0
Estella (1)
9/24/2004 12:09:46 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:09:46 -0400, Estella <Estella@fixup.com> wrote:

>I'm learning my lessons.  Do Not Buy HP Printers.  They has expiration
>dates.  The printers stop working once the date is up.
>
>Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away
>the printer for about six months.  If I had known it works like this, I
>would never get this one in the beginning.
>
>Hey HP, Very smart way of making money.  But I'm buying generic ink
>cartridges instead of yours.

If you hate HP, why not go to Xerox as they would like to have your
business? Their machines are way better.
0
zermut (12)
9/24/2004 3:48:07 PM
On the seventh day, Estella wrote...

> I'm learning my lessons.  Do Not Buy HP Printers.  They has expiration
> dates.  The printers stop working once the date is up.
>
> Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away
> the printer for about six months.  If I had known it works like this, I
> would never get this one in the beginning.
>
> Hey HP, Very smart way of making money.  But I'm buying generic ink
> cartridges instead of yours.

I own a HP DeskJet 895CXi. I bought it in early 1998 and after having
printed thousands of pages, I still print on it casually. In the meantime
it remains offline for several months without a job. Print performance and
quality are still state-of-the-art with the second set of print cartridges
(affordable for 1,200 pages, I might add) and I don't regret the purchase
although it has cost me 400 bucks.

I think you always get what you pay for, meaning, you can as well get bad
products elsewhere. I have to point to Canon. Some printers do had a page
counter after which you had to have the printer serviced for nearly its
original price. Opposed to HP where higher-priced printers usually mean
higher performance and higher reliability, the Canon printer referred to
was its top-marketed product.

--
mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin

Luis

"Estella" <Estella@fixup.com> wrote in message
> I'm learning my lessons.  Do Not Buy HP Printers.  They has expiration
> dates.  The printers stop working once the date is up.
>
> Three color ink cartridges in my CP1700 are expired after I stock away
> the printer for about six months.  If I had known it works like this, I
> would never get this one in the beginning.
>
> Hey HP, Very smart way of making money.  But I'm buying generic ink
> cartridges instead of yours.

0
none1290 (4)

Web resources about - Learning my lessons. Do Not Buy HP Printers. They has expiration dates - short-lifed. - comp.sys.hp.hardware