Need Computer Help?

PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
all your computer problems. Check us out at
http://pcdude.proboards86.com

0
gary335 (8)
9/28/2006 5:38:02 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Just wanted to thank those that have visited and/or joined. If you
haven't yet visted, please do so! PC Dude offers help for users of all
experience levels. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com.

Gary335 wrote:
> PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
> all your computer problems. Check us out at
> http://pcdude.proboards86.com

0
gary335 (8)

HELP need HP 510n BIOS
Hello, I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will not start as a result. I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've scoured the web looking for one with no luck. Thanks, TC Cut your losses. Replace the board, either with an identical one or a similar one... Ben Myers On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:55:09 -0500, TC <no@510n.bios> wrote: > >Hello, > >I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will >not start as a result. > >I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is >no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the >Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's >have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. > >Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. > >If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be >willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've >scoured the web looking for one with no luck. >...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Need Help: How do you build a piece of hardware and make the computer talk to it?
I am starting on a project where I want to build my own input device but I dont' know where to begin. Perhaps this isn't even really the group to post this in but I can't seem to navigate this layout within google groups to find something better. Anyways I want to build my own device to control some hydraulic machinery but I want a computer layer in between the operator and the machinery, basically to filter the input (safe inputs only) and to return feedback from the machinery to the user on screen or in other forms. So there will have to be some software layer that sits betwee...

HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B.
Hello I need some help to reassembly an HP tape drive. After complete disassembling and ultrasonic cleaning of a HP-Tape-Drive for an HP 9915B two parts remaining unassembled. Two parts, small thin chromium-plated metal stripes, are droped down out of the Device during dismantling. I could not find out where these have to be mounted again. Here a few pictures of the parts. http://www.nadhh.hanse.de/CMuseum/HP/HPTapeHilfe.htm PS: The text on this pahge means nearly the same in German as this more or less English text. Regrad j. ...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): > State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). > plot 10 realisations of X(t) > plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t So what have you tried? If you have not tried anything, this is a suggestion that you were not paying attention in class. Make an effort. John "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)]...

Need hardware help
I have a B&W G3 and we are trying to get onto Broadband.However, when I plugged the router into the Ethernet slot on the back of the G3 and went to change the Network preferences I got the message "the cable for Built-in Ethernet is not plugged in". Setting up the router on my husband's Quicksilver, however, was no problem. We opened the G3, thinking all the bits and pieces we'd added to it might have dislodged a cable to the Ethernet plug, but there was absolutely nothing there. Everything that should have been plugged in was plugged in. I bought the machine second-hand ...

Need help getting HP 6MP to work with HP JetDirect+ & router
I have a G4 running System 9 most of the time, though it can run OS X. I installed a JetDirect+ to hook up my HP 6MP laser printer via parallel cable to the JetDirect+. The ethernet port from the JetDirect+ goes into my SMC Barricade router which feeds my DSL modem output into the G4 as well. This should all be simple and correct. I can't get the HP 6MP to show up in the chooser. Nor does it show up when using HP LaserJet Utility 3.1.1. I ran a self-test on the JetDirect and the 6MP printed two pages of data that seems to indicate everything is running fine as far as the...

computer help needed
Still under constructution, and needs people to post please visit www.computerhelp247.net help with everything computer related, video, audio xp, 2000, vista and more, do you know your stuff? moderators needed prove yourself, see if your up to it, help others to fix their computer problems. The new help forum for all, visit www.computerhelp247.net computer help 24/7 wrote: >Still under constructution, .. What, your spell-checker? >..and needs people to post please visit >www.computerspam247.net >help with everything computer related, video, audio xp, 2000, vista and >...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Need help with help
Running GIMP 2.6.7 on 32-bit Gentoo linux I know about RTFM, but clicking on "Help" is futile. Step 1) I get an error box that says... > help Messge > Could not open 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-help.xml' > for reading: Operation not supported > Perhaps you are missing GIO backends and need to install GVFS What is it talking about? Step 2) I open up that URL with Firefox 3.0.14 and I get a bunch of gibberish like,,, This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. <gimp-help> <help-item id="gimp-main" ref="index.html" title="GNU Image Manipulation Program" parent=""/> <help-item id="preface" ref="preface.html" title="Preface" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="gimp-team" ref="preface.html#gimp-team" title="1. GIMP User Manual Authors and Contributors" parent="preface"/> <help-item id="getting-started" ref="getting-started.html" title="I. Getting Started" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="introduction" ref="introduction.html" title="1. Introduction" parent="getting-started"/> <help-item id="introduction-gimp" ref="introduction.html#introduction-gimp" title="1. Welcome to GIMP"...

I need distributed computing help
Subject: Distributed Computing I recently stumbled upon Gateway, Inc.'s distributed computing site where Gateway was advertising rental access to their cluster of computers. Upon further research I found that they were charging $0.15 per hour of CPU time, per machine. I was wondering if anyone knows of similar services that exist for distributed computing? The rental model would fit my problem the best � are there services that rent computing time that are cheaper than Gateway, Inc.'s charges? please see http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/4590/2/ f...

HP 49G / I need your help!!!
Hello guys!! I am the owner of an HP 49G. Unfortunately, I have broken the screen cover of my calculator (the part with the well-known rainbow effect!). HP isn't able to provide me this part!! I know that a lot of you removed this part, is there someone who could sold me this part ? Regards Brice PS: I absolutely don't want to do something with an old floppy like J. Horn did... ...

-Need help on a new computer...
-Hi there, I'm hoping some might be kind enough to help me out as I know nothing about computers anymore and would rather not do 20+ hours of research... What I do: Surf and play poker on-line: Not power intensive. What I would like to do: Play newer shoot'em up games: Very power intensive. While I like to play games I care far more about the game play and less about the graphics. I want to play on line against others so I need it to be smooth but I don't care about the graphics that have to do with ambience like reflections and how light and shadow is cast. I wo...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Need help after computer crash
My computer recently crashed, and I sent it to Best Buy Geek Squad for recovery. I did not ask them to recover my programs or data because I already have original disks for programs and backups for data. Ironically, I cannot find the paid disk for Eudora, but I do have a copy of the download for Eudora 7, and I have my registration number. I kept copies of all the *.toc and *.mbx files. I copied them into the same location where I found the same type of files after I installed Eudora 7. (going through the help|about file and clicking on the path at the bottom of the screen),...

Need Print help (Hardware)
This might be the wrong place to ask, but it was the closest I could find. I need to print a number on the back of literally thousands of 4" x 4" pieces of cardstock. What kind of printer do I need? I understand (I guess?) that without knowing all the details, it's hard to answer that question. The paper will not be coated, and the number just has to be legible (not a work of art). The number printed will not change very often. What I think I want is a mechanical printing press, preferably with a motorized feed mechanism. But, being an electrical engineer, I have no idea what to even start looking for. Can someone please point me in the right direction? There has to be an off-the-shelf way to do this, ...or is there? Thanks!! mpm wrote: > This might be the wrong place to ask, but it was the closest I could > find. > > I need to print a number on the back of literally thousands of 4" x > 4" pieces of cardstock. > What kind of printer do I need? > > I understand (I guess?) that without knowing all the details, it's > hard to answer that question. > The paper will not be coated, and the number just has to be legible > (not a work of art). > The number printed will not change very often. > > What I think I want is a mechanical printing press, preferably with a > motorized feed mechanism. > But, being an electrical engineer, I have no idea what to even start > looking for. > > Can som...

Need help for HP printer
Hi, I am looking at buying a HP Colour Lasterjet printer.. I have XP and a few other HP products. New HP 2600n or the 2550L printer and also a used 4550 which was much more expensive but now about the same price as the new ones. I want to print good quality 2 sided CD covers with photos etc., but on as cheaper paper as I can but still want it to look nice. The glossy paper is very costly I am told. I will be doing about 1000 2 sides a month max. Also the cost of the toner concerns me. I get the same warranty on all 3. Does anyone have any advise, suggestions? Thanks Rock On the seventh day, Rock wrote... > I am looking at buying a HP Colour Lasterjet printer.. I have XP and a > few other HP products. > > New HP 2600n or the 2550L printer > > and also a used 4550 which was much more expensive but now about the > same price as the new ones. > > I want to print good quality 2 sided CD covers with photos etc., but on > as cheaper paper as I can but still want it to look nice. The glossy > paper is very costly I am told. > > I will be doing about 1000 2 sides a month max. > > Also the cost of the toner concerns me. > > I get the same warranty on all 3. > > Does anyone have any advise, suggestions? I wouldn't go with the used one. First, used color laser printers are often sold just before their main maintenance cycle which... well, it's costly... Second, the 4550 is a slow device. And I mean slow. A...

computer crash, need help
Hi All, I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation, downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes. One minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before the computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2 weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1 for downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering...

Web resources about - Need Computer Help? - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Computer Show

Red State, Blue State. Colored by a @DwaveSys quantum computer:https://www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/25473684712/ ...
... I saw this four-colored map of U.S. counties in the latest board pack. D-Wave embedded this map-coloring problem into a prototype quantum computer ...

'Locky' ransomware scam hits tens of thousands of Australian computers
Sophisticated software steals personal information from social media so victims trust AustraliaPost scam email containing ransomware.

'Locky' ransomware scam hits tens of thousands of Australian computers
Sophisticated software steals personal information from social media so victims trust AustraliaPost scam email containing ransomware.

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

A top computer scientist told us the games that artificial intelligence can't win
... team is making history . Its AlphaGo program is up 2-0 on Lee Sedol , one of the top Go players alive. This is the first time a computer has ...

Human champ stunned as computer wins at "Go"
Human champ stunned as computer wins at "Go"

Google exec can't wait for a computer to love him
Technically Incorrect: Ray Kurzweil insists that in the near future computers will know what it is to think and be like us.