Need help for HP printer

Hi,

I am looking at buying a HP Colour Lasterjet printer.. I have XP and a
few other HP products.

New HP 2600n or the 2550L printer

and also a used 4550 which was much more expensive but now about the
same price as the new ones.

I want to print good quality 2 sided CD covers with photos etc., but on
as cheaper paper as I can but still want it to look nice. The glossy
paper is very costly I am told.

I will be doing about 1000 2 sides a month max.

Also the cost of the toner concerns me.

I get the same warranty on all 3.

Does anyone have any advise, suggestions?

Thanks

Rock
0
1940 (62)
8/2/2005 5:54:40 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On the seventh day, Rock wrote...

> I am looking at buying a HP Colour Lasterjet printer.. I have XP and a
> few other HP products.
>
> New HP 2600n or the 2550L printer
>
> and also a used 4550 which was much more expensive but now about the
> same price as the new ones.
>
> I want to print good quality 2 sided CD covers with photos etc., but on
> as cheaper paper as I can but still want it to look nice. The glossy
> paper is very costly I am told.
>
> I will be doing about 1000 2 sides a month max.
>
> Also the cost of the toner concerns me.
>
> I get the same warranty on all 3.
>
> Does anyone have any advise, suggestions?

I wouldn't go with the used one. First, used color laser printers are often
sold just before their main maintenance cycle which... well, it's costly...
Second, the 4550 is a slow device. And I mean slow.

As a second note BTW: make perfectly sure a color laser printer is what you
want and do the math. Check prices for supplies, accessories and
maintenance kits and then think twice before buying one. Color laser
printers appear to be mainstream now but I bet, they still are not.

--
mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin

You carry the fate of us all little one. - Boromir
0
cduerr (198)

HELP need HP 510n BIOS
Hello, I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will not start as a result. I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've scoured the web looking for one with no luck. Thanks, TC Cut your losses. Replace the board, either with an identical one or a similar one... Ben Myers On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:55:09 -0500, TC <no@510n.bios> wrote: > >Hello, > >I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will >not start as a result. > >I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is >no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the >Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's >have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. > >Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. > >If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be >willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've >scoured the web looking for one with no luck. >...

my HP printer needs help/advice
My HP MF 3330 LaserJet worked resonably perfectly on my network when attached to the AirPort with an ethernet printer server for 2+ years. Now suddenly it stopped working. So I attached it via USB directly to the airport. It does not show up in Rendezvous. So I attached it directly to one of my Mac's USB and now it works that way. I set up my Mac to share the printer and it works too. SUMMARY. printer server via ethernet NO, USB into AirPort NO, but direct attachment to the Mac is OK. QUESTION. What could be the problem? The printer or some Mac hardware? Any ideas? Thanks, Paul ...

HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B.
Hello I need some help to reassembly an HP tape drive. After complete disassembling and ultrasonic cleaning of a HP-Tape-Drive for an HP 9915B two parts remaining unassembled. Two parts, small thin chromium-plated metal stripes, are droped down out of the Device during dismantling. I could not find out where these have to be mounted again. Here a few pictures of the parts. http://www.nadhh.hanse.de/CMuseum/HP/HPTapeHilfe.htm PS: The text on this pahge means nearly the same in German as this more or less English text. Regrad j. ...

Help needed with HP LaserJet 1018 printer
I'm struggling to get a new HP LaserJet 1018 printer to work with an Iyonix (RO 5.13). Two questions - a simple one, and a more complex one: 1. What is the most appropriate printer driver to use? I understand that there is little difference between the main HP printer definition files. I tried many different PDFs for HP (in !Printers 1.72, as well as LJ1100 which I found in another version of !Printers), but they all give the same (null) result, which leads to what I think is the main problem... 2. Assuming that some such PDF should work, what can be wrong with the connection ...

Need Help w/HP Printers ASAP!
Mac OS 9.2.2, Beige G3 desktop HP Deskwriter 680c -------------------- The printer has started some very loud 'clackety-clack' noises. It sounds as if the ink cartridge carriage is catching on something as it moves left and right but as I look and listen, it sounds more like something is not meshing - like gear teeth and not meshing right. Its really loud! Sounds like I'm hitting it with a small hammer. On a 10 page print job it made it through 7 pages then jammed. Got a paper jam message but there was no paper jam. It appears to have been this clackety-clack thing that...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Need help getting HP 6MP to work with HP JetDirect+ & router
I have a G4 running System 9 most of the time, though it can run OS X. I installed a JetDirect+ to hook up my HP 6MP laser printer via parallel cable to the JetDirect+. The ethernet port from the JetDirect+ goes into my SMC Barricade router which feeds my DSL modem output into the G4 as well. This should all be simple and correct. I can't get the HP 6MP to show up in the chooser. Nor does it show up when using HP LaserJet Utility 3.1.1. I ran a self-test on the JetDirect and the 6MP printed two pages of data that seems to indicate everything is running fine as far as the...

NEED HELP! Hp 48G+ Connection through Printer Port
Graphing Calculator HELP! Has anyone every made an HP 48G+ talk to a PC using The printer port? for some reason there is a device occupying my only Physical COM port and i can't turn it off in WinXP, so i purchases a Print/serial connector, so i can connect my HP cable through the device and into the LPT port. Is there a way i can emulate a COM port through an LPT port? or Is there a way i can modify an HP-PC "connect" app to use the LPT for communication? or Is there a way i can tell the "SerialKey" Devices in WinXP to talk through the LPT port? any comment i...

NEED HELP! Hp 48G+ Connection through Printer Port #2
Graphing Calculator HELP! Has anyone every made an HP 48G+ talk to a PC using The printer port? for some reason there is a device occupying my only Physical COM port and i can't turn it off in WinXP, so i purchases a Print/serial connector, so i can connect my HP cable through the device and into the LPT port. Is there a way i can emulate a COM port through an LPT port? or Is there a way i can modify an HP-PC "connect" app to use the LPT for communication? or Is there a way i can tell the "SerialKey" Devices in WinXP to talk through the LPT port? any comment i...

NEED HELP! Hp 48G+ Connection through Printer Port #3
Graphing Calculator HELP! Has anyone every made an HP 48G+ talk to a PC using The printer port? for some reason there is a device occupying my only Physical COM port and i can't turn it off in WinXP, so i purchases a Print/serial connector, so i can connect my HP cable through the device and into the LPT port. Is there a way i can emulate a COM port through an LPT port? or Is there a way i can modify an HP-PC "connect" app to use the LPT for communication? or Is there a way i can tell the "SerialKey" Devices in WinXP to talk through the LPT port? any comment is better then non. Thanks to everyone! for all comments/ posts!!! AWB www.cadmasteradam.blogspot.com adam.bouzane@ gee male dot com Hello Adam, There is alwas a way, BUT LPT port has 5V (TTL signals) -serial port has 12V signals although voltage is not mandatory (it's rather electrical current) so...you would have to write a nasty piece of driver (possible) and a little interface using some of MAX232 chip variations to adapt signals since this two ports are electrically incompatible and this is first time i hear about somone needing to emulate COM on LPT -you should have no hopes to find such driver and interface Alternative solutions for you may be: ========================= 1. buy a USB to serial adapter 2. If you use your COM port to connect to fax/modem, and if you have FAX service installed -your COM port may be apearing IN USE to Windows XP,it is in did used if y...

I need help with my HP PSC 950 printer re recycled cartridges
My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. Can someone help me? I am desperately in need of my printer. Thanks Hi, jp2003 <joprabhu2003@yahoo.com> wrote: #My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge #keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from #Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. HP's efforts to keep you from using recycled cartridges are working well. I guess it's an anti-environment thing. Take it back to Office Depot for a refund or replacement. Ken. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Next quarterly reports we'll see WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | windfall profits from energy companies ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ken Marsh wrote: > Hi, > > jp2003 <joprabhu2003@yahoo.com> wrote: > #My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge > #keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from > #Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason. > > HP's efforts to keep you from using recycled cartridges are working well. > I guess it's an anti-environment thing. > > Take it back to Office Depot for a refund or replacement. > > Ken....

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the page-at-a-time mechanism used to print. Does anyone know of other compatible Postscript/CAD/Canon/Epson/Techjet/HP/Other drivers that work with the Techjet 5336 PS that might work with the printer, under linux, win2k, or winxp. Does anyone know whether or not other manufacturers used a compatible print-engine? Can anyone tell me the difference between the Techjet 5336, 5436, 5636 print engines? Does anyone know where I can find line-at-a-time drivers that might work with the Techject 5336? Is there a way to con vine one of the previously mentioned page-at-a-time drivers to print to the Techjet 5336 one line-at-a-time? Does anyone know where I can find a relatively new compatible ROM for the Techjet 5336? The documentation says that the Techjet 5336 can accept upto 64 MB of memory. In my experience the documented memory limit may be exceeded, is t...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the page-at-a-time mechanism used to print. Does anyone know of other compatible Postscript/CAD/Canon/Epson/Techjet/HP/Other drivers that work with the Techjet 5336 PS that might work with the printer, under linux, win2k, or winxp. Does anyone know whether or not other manufacturers used a compatible print-engine? Can anyone tell me the difference between the Techjet 5336, 5436, 5636 print engines? Does anyone know where I can find line-at-a-time drivers that might work with the Techject 5336? Is there a way to con vine one of the previously mentioned page-at-a-time drivers to print to the Techjet 5336 one line-at-a-time? Does anyone know where I can find a relatively new compatible ROM for the Techjet 5336? The documentation says that the Techjet 5336 can accept upto 64 MB of memory. In my experience the documented memory limit may be exceeded, is that the case for the Techjet 5336...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

I need help with my HP PSC 950 printer re recycled cartridges #2
[...]

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter #2 1280701
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter #2 1280702
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

Need help installing HP 960cxi printer on Win XP pro, PIII Dell machine
Downloaded new drivers for this parallel port printer and installed it. However every single time I boot I get a message indicating new hardware was found--this printer. It then asks for me to put in a CD to find certain files. I point the prompts to where the dll's are and it goes on its merry way. Then upon reboot same thing happens indicating - detected new hardware for this same HP printer. I tried installing in safe mode and still no luck.. Ideas?? Thanks Patty ...

HP printer help
anyone familiar w/ the hp 2575? i'm thinking about buying it. only bad thing i see is that it has the two tanks, not the individual ones. "SeaKan" <mattandkaren@highstream.net> wrote in message news:11ppqnshh0mh7c4@corp.supernews.com... > anyone familiar w/ the hp 2575? i'm thinking about buying it. only bad > thing i see is that it has the two tanks, not the individual ones. I think it uses the same carts as the HP6840 that I have. Since these have the heads built in the print quality could be similar. The 6840 isn't sold as a photo prin...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

Web resources about - Need help for HP printer - comp.sys.hp.hardware

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Recycled printer toner to be used in new road surface in Canberra
Recycled printer toner powder will be trialled in a new asphalt mix designed to reduce the ACT's carbon footprint.

You can trick a smartphone fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with a printer
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

3D printer helps Chihuahua without front legs get around
Leo, a Chihuahua from California, may have been born without his front legs; but thanks to a prosthetic, that isn't slowing him down

Your 3D printer is telling people what it's making
The sounds of a 3D printer at work can be reverse engineered to reconstruct the original 3D model. It sounds cool, but there could be big implications ...