Printer

When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a wireless
network I get these error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a.

What's up with that?

Roger

0
norad_ii (1)
1/9/2008 12:41:26 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

hp printer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050206050109020705010802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello i'm a newbie who just installed redhat 9 on my system yesterday. i'm trying to get my printer running. it's a hp psc 1210 all-in-one. USB connection. Under gnome print manager there is a printer, the queue is "printer" the type is locally-connected, dev/lp0 and dev/usb/lp0 are both listed. under printer manufacture and model hp psc 2210 are picked and the driver listed is HPIJS. when I print from any aplication the job does not show up in the queue. Thanks in advance for any help. --------------050206050109020705010802 Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="hp printer" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="hp printer" Path: edtnps82!newsfeed2.telusplanet.net!newsfeed.telus.net!edtnps84.POSTED!not-for-mail From: Ainsley Cipperley <acipperley@NOSPAMyahoo.com> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225 X-Accept-Language: en-us, en MIME-Version: 1.0 Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help Subject: hp printer Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Message-ID: <wha3b.64937$K44.48714@edtnps84> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:29:48 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.6.206.243 X-Trace: edtnps84 1062023388 207.6.206.243 (...

HP printer
Have good HP deskjet 1120c printer. Bought new computer with Win XP. No driver available for 1120c for Xp. Need to replace printer. I print on heavy photo paper and card stock. Up to 90# paper stock. Any recommendations? Bought a Canon i850. Instruction book says only up to 29# paper. Returning this to dealer. Can not find a phone number to call Hp for info on printers. Web sites do not mention paper weights. Canon want $9.99 on top of long distance call to get info. SCREW CANON. Any replies appreciated. warren weber wrote: > Have good HP deskjet 1120c printer. Bought new computer with Win XP. No > driver available for 1120c for Xp. Need to replace printer. I print on > heavy photo paper and card stock. Up to 90# paper stock. Any > recommendations? Bought a Canon i850. Instruction book says only up to 29# > paper. Returning this to dealer. Can not find a phone number to call Hp > for info on printers. Web sites do not mention paper weights. Canon want > $9.99 on top of long distance call to get info. SCREW CANON. Any replies > appreciated. > > > http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=dj1120&LC=printers&Tfile=bpd09005 ...

HP Printer
I have a question related to HP printers: I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Embedded Web Server on HP Printers? I don't know this is possible or done with firmware!? The reason I'm asking is the web interface we have for some of our 8150 printers is very basic [I'm guessing fairly old too]. Some of our newer printers [2300s] have really useful tracking stats for toner, paper stats, email alerts etc and we were wanting to get this info on all our printers... Would appreciate any help... Thanks, Mikel On the seventh day, Mikel wrote... > I...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

Win $6000 in HP Hardware, The HP Magic GiveAway contest
My website was selected in the 50's best blogs by HP and I am giving away a lot of HP products for just one person (spreading the HP magic): More info and the contest link http://erwin.ried.cl/?modo=visor&elemento=255 (sorry, is in spanish but you can use google translator) Official info about this Magic Giveaway: http://www.hp.com/go/winhpmagic2 "Avatar_e" <erwinried@gmail.com> wrote: > My website was selected in the 50's best blogs by HP and I am giving > away a lot of HP products for just one person (spreading the HP > magic): > > More info and...

hp printer
Hello i'm a newbie who just installed redhat 9 on my system yesterday. i'm trying to get my printer running. it's a hp psc 1210 all-in-one. USB connection. Under gnome print manager there is a printer, the queue is "printer" the type is locally-connected, dev/lp0 and dev/usb/lp0 are both listed. under printer manufacture and model hp psc 2210 are picked and the driver listed is HPIJS. when I print from any aplication the job does not show up in the queue. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

HP Printers
I have a question related to HP printers: I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Embedded Web Server on HP Printers? I don't know this is possible or done with firmware!? The reason I'm asking is the web interface we have for some of our 8150 printers is very basic [I'm guessing fairly old too]. Some of our newer printers [2300s] have really useful tracking stats for toner, paper stats, email alerts etc and we were wanting to get this info on all our printers... Would appreciate any help... Thanks, Mikel ...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

HP printers
hey everybody... anyone interested about HP printers security? Do you guys have any interesting paper about this subject ? I already got some, but so fucking public ones as Slobotron and so... thanks. Guilherme S. _Machado_ wrote: > hey everybody... anyone interested about HP printers security? > Do you guys have any interesting paper about this subject ? > > I already got some, but so fucking public ones as Slobotron and so... > > thanks. Would you please mind your language - this is a public newsgroup and obcenities are quite unnecessary! ...

HP printers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CBB574.3B938AF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Total shit. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CBB574.3B938AF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY dir=3Dltr> <DIV dir=3Dltr> <DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <DIV>Total shit.&nbsp; </DIV> ...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan HP 960C My mistake "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:YzEmf.6136$O05.5721@fe09.lga... >A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) >and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I >was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. >But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to >microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I >trie...

HP hardware
We have some great deals on HP hardware All parts are orignal HP parts unless otherwise specified QTY 1 Model # A6214A w/2 A6214-69001 Link Control Cards and 2 Power Supplies W 15 drives / 7 A6193A 8 A6191A $2300.00 QTY 1 A6189A w/2 A6189A Controllers and 2 Power Supplies. with 15 drives 8 A6193A 7 A6191A $2300.00 QTY 9 A6804-69001 73GB SCSI DISK $350.00 each QTY 5 A5286A 18GB HOTSWAP DISK $350.00 each QTY 16 A6740A 36GB SCSI DISK OFFER $165.00 each QTY 25 D9419A 36GB SCSI DISK OFFER $85.00 each QTY 2 A7285-69001 73GB SCSI DISK $350.00 each QTY 1 A9897A 73GB SCSI DISK...

HP Printers
My trusty Laserjet Series II printer has just about failed on me. The silver coating has become damaged on the fuser roller and the machine no longer fully ejects a printed sheet without a little manual help to pull it out before a paper jam is reported. It has served me well, being bought 10 years ago for �UK10 (yes �10) from my previous employer, complete with brand new toner cartridge. I shall be sad to lose the old girl, BUT . . . I'm looking at buying a new Laserjet 1300 Series. Has anyone any experience of this particular machine or similar ones. Malcolm Webb ...

Web resources about - Printer - comp.sys.hp.hardware

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Recycled printer toner to be used in new road surface in Canberra
Recycled printer toner powder will be trialled in a new asphalt mix designed to reduce the ACT's carbon footprint.

You can trick a smartphone fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with a printer
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

3D printer helps Chihuahua without front legs get around
Leo, a Chihuahua from California, may have been born without his front legs; but thanks to a prosthetic, that isn't slowing him down

Your 3D printer is telling people what it's making
The sounds of a 3D printer at work can be reverse engineered to reconstruct the original 3D model. It sounds cool, but there could be big implications ...