USB printers, do they show up when USB unplugged?

My HP 6100 series disappears when the USB cable is unplugged. It reinstalls itself when plugged back in.
Is this normal? I have a laptop running XP.

0
dboy (1)
4/19/2005 3:56:36 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Normal with XP... Ben Myers

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:56:36 GMT, <dboy@quest.com> wrote:

>My HP 6100 series disappears when the USB cable is unplugged. It reinstalls itself when plugged back in.
>Is this normal? I have a laptop running XP.

0
ben_myers_spam_me_no

USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?
Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/... It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check? I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's Web site. I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB s...

HP USB Printers
We use NC6000 notebooks and sometimes when we plug a usb printer or run off the network we see "two printers" become available. Once with the standard name and then another with the same name but (Copy 1) behind it. The "(Copy 1)" selection works but the other does not. Why is it creating this other "Copy 1" driver? <jessstewart@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128691042.587267.148660@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We use NC6000 notebooks and sometimes when we plug a usb printer or run > off the network we see "two printers" become available. Once with the > standard name and then another with the same name but (Copy 1) behind > it. The "(Copy 1)" selection works but the other does not. Why is it > creating this other "Copy 1" driver? > Because you have your PC set to automatically look for network File and network Printers.....if it find one, it will install it! -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging I dont understand. We pull the driver off the server and it installs the two versions. How do we get it to stop? In Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View Uncheck the first line "Automatically Search for Network Folders and Printers". -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging "Jess" <jessstewart@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128708724.824739.298230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I dont understand...

USB 2 printer and a USB 1 computer
Hi, I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause problems ? Ton -- Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery - Added a PDP 8 On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:31:36 +0200, "Ton den Hartog" <tonh@xs4all.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 >interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause >problems ? > Most USB 2 devices are backword campatable to USB 1.1 and maybe 1. I would try and if doesn't work you can purchase a USB 2 PCI card cheap $10-$20 Most computer stores do carry them. Note there are PCMCA USB 2 card also but they are not cheap at about $80. Gordon If the printer has the official USB logo on it it has to be backwards compatible "Ton den Hartog" <tonh@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:3f6b83ca$0$58706$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi, > > I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 > interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause > problems ? > > Ton > > > -- > Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net > GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery > - Added a PDP 8 > > [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a cop...

Ethernet over usb possible between usb host and usb client?
Hello! Is it possible to create a tcp/ip link over usb where one side is client and the other is host? I have usb-ethernet support in my kernel and can bring up the host usb device with ifconfig but not the client. -- Regards, Justin Todd Software Designer Argon Security Technologies Inc. ...

what is going on with my usb and my HP printer?
Hi, I am on ubuntu dapper. I have bought HP Photosmart C4180 printer. I want to install drivers. In my system was 0.9.7 version of hplip package, but to get work this printer I had to install 1.6.7 version. So... I did so... I uninstall old one and installed new one from sourceforge as tarball as was supposted from http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_C4100 and http://hplip.sourceforge.net/ . I thought that it was the end of my printing path, but it was not. Firstly, I noticed that hp-setup program displays: ============================= HP Linux Imaging and Prin...

HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?
Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. Any info appreciated Cheers From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98, which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote: >Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? > >Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB > >Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. > >Any info appreciated > >Cheers > > Ta Ben. I finally got a tech online to chat with. And yup he said its definitely 1.1 and USB2. So, it'll make use of USB2 if u have USB 2 ports and a USB2 cable. <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message news:41efbc8a.5083615@nntp.charter.net... > From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to > guess > that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher > throughput > of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows > 98, > which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben > Myers > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "P...

Can USB print server damage a USB printer
I ran into a strange problem with a Linksys PSUS4 USB print server. Its been connected to a Canon 6550 multifunction printer for months and suddenly it stopped working after someone tried to print to the Canon using the wrong printer driver. After going through the print servers admin utliity to check its status I found everything to be normal. It even claimed the printer was online and idle but when I would try to print it would fail. Even the Test Page sent from the print servers admin utility would fail. I tried resetting the printer server using the little reset button. Also unplug...

USB - internet
Hello Is anybody develop (or work with) connection USB - internet - USB connection?! I want read/write from USB and "simultanisly" transfer flow true internet to another computer.... -- Best regards, Joze ...

USB Keyboard + and USB Handheld Scanner in HP-UX
Hi, I have encountered a problem when I plugged in a USB Keyboard and USB Handheld Scanner. The USB Handheld scanner works by emulating as a USB Keyboard. I have found if I plug both of them together, the keyboard will cease to work until the system is rebooted. If boot HP-UX without the keyboard and only with the Handheld scanner, the scanner works. These are my questions, 1. Does HP-UX supports 2 USB Keyboard running simultaneously? If yes, what do I need to add to the configs? Thanks for any replies. Hi JOe > 1. Does HP-UX supports 2 USB Keyboard running simultaneously? I never ...

USB 1 with USB 2 external USB devices?
I notice some hardware (scanners, printers...) are advertised as having USB 2. I have a flat-panel iMac with USB 1. Is it possible to plug in a USB 2 device to one of my USB ports? Would it work (though presumably not as fast as if plugged into a USB 2 port? Alternatively, can the USB 1 be swapped out for a new USB 2 thingy? At all? Easily??? If these are silly questions, my apologies. I'm a non-techie throwback to the old SCSI days, and USB/Firewire leave me bamboozled, but I don't want to buy gear that won't work with my machine (and I don't have the funds to replace t...

HP USB Printer woes
Hi all. I have just purchased a hp deskjet 3745. I have no issues with the printer itself - it works perfectly - rather with the driver installation. I am well aware that the hp cd must be run through the system before the printer is connected, and that the add hardware wizard (windows 98) offers no facility to connect usb printers. My problem is this: the computer that the printer *must* be installed upon is a pentium-100, with 16 megabytes of RAM. Thus the hp cd refuses to install the software. I don't even care about the software (!) all i want is the usb drivers to make the printer work. My question, therefore: is anyone aware of a way to get this printer working thru a manual installation of the driver, or am i stuffed completely? Somebody please help. Please! You might try the following: MAke sure that the pritner is not conencted to the PC. Add a printer in the normal way instead of through the driver CD. Tell it that you are printing to "File" as a port instead of USB/LPT1 etc. When you get to "Have Disc", browse the CD and install the driver without all the other gubbins that comes with the printer (photo managers etc). When you have installed it, go back to the printer properties and change the connection to USB and then connect the cable to the printer. It should discover it and at least you'll be able to print. -- Mushroom mattdymock@msn.com wrote: > Hi all. > > I have jus...

Does parallel to usb work for usb printer to parallel port?
My inlaws have a dinosaur pc, one usb port which contains their cable modem. Parallel printer died, so they bought a usb, Canon s330, they are very computer illiterate. My question is, what's the best way to get them printing capabilites? I've thought of usb hub to share port with modem (not recommended by ISP), return printer for a parallel one (spend more money) install another usb card (more money) or buy a usb to parallel adapter...if they work from usb printer to parallel port. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Don On 12 Jul 2003 20:19:32 GMT, doninwny@aol.com (Don in WNY) wrote: >My inlaws have a dinosaur pc, one usb port which contains their cable modem. >Parallel printer died, so they bought a usb, Canon s330, they are very computer >illiterate. My question is, what's the best way to get them printing >capabilites? I've thought of usb hub to share port with modem (not recommended >by ISP), return printer for a parallel one (spend more money) install another >usb card (more money) or buy a usb to parallel adapter...if they work from usb >printer to parallel port. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Don Check to see if there are headers for extra USB ports, and get a rear plate for it. Get a cable/DSL modem with ethernet, and a PCI NIC, or a PCI modem if it is dial-up. USB is host PC to whatever, not the other way around. In article <20030712161932.01272.00000271@mb-m26.aol.com>, doninwny@aol.com says....

USB 1.1 Host with no hardware USB core
We're working on an embedded device that needs to talk to USB mass storage devices. We have several processor options, some with internal USB cores, and some that will require external cores. The OS will be something simple, and not of the order of an embedded Linux or Windows CE. Most of the processors have a rich set of I/O pins, so I was wondering, has anyone tried emulating a USB 1.1 host (or subset) using just the processor and software (and a jack, the appropriate pull-ups, etc.)? I'm looking into this on the side, mostly for my own curiosity. My guess is it can be...

USB/USB devices
Hi, I'll show my ignorance and ask: Do USB devices work seamlessly on Macs and PCs (with USB ports)? Do USB mouses and USB keyboards just plug into a 800MHz 12in iBook? Where? (You'll see elsewhere I'm looking for a .pdf manual so I will then know what the various "plug-holes" - ports? - are for.) I've just got this machine and find the trackpad fiddly, similarly for the keyboard, so I was going to plug in the keyboard and mouse to overcome these concerns. Can I plug in a pair of speakers (again are USB speakers universal to Mac and PC)? How m...

USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?
As far as I found out there two different tools for making an USB stick bootable: "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" What is the difference between them? J. On 20 Apr 2009 09:54:57 GMT, jjstacy@yahoo.net (Jason Stacy) wrote: >As far as I found out there two different tools for making an USB stick bootable: > >"HP Drive Key Boot Utility" > >and > >"HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" > >What is the difference between them? > >J. "HP Drive Key Boot Utilit...

USB connection between Canon i9900 printer and USB hub port
i9900 printer works by USB connection. A USB 2.0 cable was connected from the printer to a USB port in computer tower. In the past, I did not have any problem printing images. Last week, I purchased a 4-port, USB 2.0 hub (Ultra from RadioShack). The Ultra hub is powered by plugging into a power outlet. With flashdrive and SD flashcard, the Ultra hub worked very well. But when I connected a USB cable from i9900 to the Ultra hub, it prints only a half an inch of images. But the cable was connect to a USB port in the tower, it starts to print pictures. It seems that c...

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

HP C8180 USB or Wireless Printer?
Has anyone ever tried to use the HP C8180 All-In-One printer, scanner, copier with OS/2 in the USB state? It has wireless too, but that's another story I'm sure. If not and I were to try it, what would be the best way to try this with MCP2 latest everything including the latest USB Printer driver set which is installed on the boxes? Thanks.. -- --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;) Mike Luther Hi Mike, CUPS is probably your best hope for printing..... Cheers, Paul. On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:57:54 UTC, Mike Luther <mike.luther@ziplog.com&g...

HP G85 printer
I have a HP G85 printer (scanner, copier, FAX) and was hoping to be able to share the printer via it's parallel and USB conneections.... - USB for a local PC - Parallel for a wireless print server connection Well, it seems that only one cable may be connected at a time.... even if it is physically not connected to a computer - - bummer Correct. Nearly all of the inkjet printers and PSC drives on the market permit use of one and only one connection at a time between USB and parallel. If they have parallel ports, that is. In addition, if you decide to switch connections, you'll need to power off the device, insert a different cable, and power on. In other words, when the printer "boots up", it checks the cable type. Why not simply use it as a networked wireless printer shared by all? ..... Ben Myers On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 04:13:38 GMT, "Phil Schuman" <pschuman_nospam_me@interserv.com> wrote: >I have a HP G85 printer (scanner, copier, FAX) >and was hoping to be able to share the printer >via it's parallel and USB conneections.... >- USB for a local PC >- Parallel for a wireless print server connection >Well, it seems that only one cable may be connected at a time.... >even if it is physically not connected to a computer - > - bummer > > <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message news:411a1889.3534352@news.charter.net... > Correct. Nearly all of the inkjet printe...

Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1
I have two generic 4-port USB hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0 compliant. The older one is fine, works as advertised. Meanwhile the newer one sometimes shows up under the USB 2.0 root hub (i.e. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller"), or usually it shows up under the slower "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller" (USB 1.1). My motherboard (Asus M2NPV-VM) USB ports are all USB 2.0 compliant, and they individually auto-detect whether they need to switch down to USB 1.1 speeds. I'm using a Microsoft tool called UVCView under Windows XP to display the det...

Error when reopen USB connection without physical unplugging USB connection
Using Labview 8.5 to communicate with an USB device based on AT91SAM7S64 controller. I has written a labview application that talks to several units and it works good as long as i dont close the USB connection I wants the application to start talking to all USB devices that are already connected, at the moment i must reconnect all USB connection every time I start the Vi. &nbsp; If a try to reopen a closed USB connection I got an timeout error when I read data from the device to illustrate the problem I made a dummy test program. (Added as Attachment as jpg and vi) &nbsp; Senario 1: If...

Plug-in USB hardware device captures keystrokes on Mac and PC USB keyboards.
Plug-in KeyGhost USB Keylogger (hardware device) records all keystrokes typed on any PC and Mac USB keyboards. (PS/2 and Large Dinn models also available) Easiest way to capture keystrokes on any Mac or PC. Record all keystrokes typed on USB keyboards now. Installs in under 5 seconds, just plug it in. Can record on one computer and retrieve on another. Keystrokes stored in internal flash memory, no batteries required. No software install required to record or retrieve keystrokes. KeyGhost USB Keylogger contains built-in access menu that works in any text editor on PC or Mac. http://www.keyghost.com/USB-Keylogger.htm KeyGhost is again leading the development of computer monitoring hardware. This is the worlds first and only USB hardware keylogger! Please email me with any questions or comments. Anyone interested in reviewing or testing the latest KeyGhost hardware keylogger devices, please send me an email with 'KeyGhost' in the subject line. http://www.keyghost.com Cheers, Theo On 30 Sep 2005 03:35:54 -0700, Theo wrote: > Plug-in USB Keylogger (hardware device) Gosh, that's unobtrusive. lol -- Drop the alphabet for email How often does anyone look over the back of their PC or Mac? The external device is designed to look similar to an EMC balun. It blends in with all the existing cables. (See the pic labeled 'EXAMPLE INSTALL') http://www.keyghost.com/USB-Keylogger.htm The internal module can also be hidden inside the USB ...

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

Web resources about - USB printers, do they show up when USB unplugged? - comp.sys.hp.hardware

MTV Unplugged - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a more comprehensive list of artists featured on MTV Unplugged, see List of artists featured on MTV Unplugged . For a list of live albums ...

Unplugged - no computer, no internet, possible? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
"Sorry, no internet today!" Feel free to use this image of unplugging however you like! All I ask is a credit link to: www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/ ...

World's Fastest Punch: Slow Motion Mantis Shrimp - Slo Mo #13 - Earth Unplugged - YouTube
The peacock mantis shrimp has the world's fastest feeding strike of any animal. Can Sam and Si capture this lightning fast punch? For more information ...

Weddings unplugged: saying no to social media is a right - it's your special day
Your big day has finally arrived. You've been up since 6am getting your hair and makeup done, you're now walking down the aisle in your dream ...

Senators unplugged and unleashed
As they exit stage left, three Canberra veterans tell it like it is.

Sydney unplugged: Cafes force punters to power down
The love affair between coffee shops and laptop-wielding customers may be dying out as coffee shop owners revolt against Sydneysiders' demand ...

Slow motion rattlesnake - Slo Mo #3 - Earth Unplugged - YouTube
Subscribe to Earth Unplugged http://goo.gl/VK1MH How does a rattlesnake rattle? Sam and Si investigate this phenomenal instrument with the deadliest ...

Trend Alert: "Unplugged" Weddings
Contrary to how it might sound, "unplugged" weddings don't include an MTV-style session of your favorite rock star performing acoustic versions ...