Using the "@" character in vsp session on a BL460c's iLO via ssh

Hi,

I'm currently exploring the possibilities of managing HP BL460c blades
via the ssh iLO Access, especially the virtual serial port, to
administrate some linux servers. Most things work fine, but one small
but annoying struggle is that I cannot enter the "@" key in a vsp
session. All other characters seem to work fine, even special german
ones like =F6=E4=FC. We use the german keyboard layout where @ is ALTGR+q,
and we can enter it on the iLO commandline itself. But inside the VPS
session entering @ works as "delete to start of line". On the server
side we use 'getty 115200 ttyS0 vt320' to create the serial console.

Any hints on this one? I already read c00263709.pdf and c00294268.pdf,
but could not find anything helpful. If any information is missing,
please ask, I'll try to provide it.

Yours
Karsten
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Karsten Heymann wrote:
> I cannot enter the "@" key in a vsp session.
> But inside the VPS session entering @ works as "delete to start of line".

I'm not sure this is related but on HP-UX, "@" is the default line kill
char.  And you need to use stty to change it.
0
dhandly (14)

Suddenly Can't Use "ifstream"s and "ofstream"s
I had a working piece of code that successfully read from files with the "ifstream" type and wrote to files with the "ofstream" type. This code is made up of a number of different files. In the course of the job I needed for two of these files to have access to one piece of information, so I created a class that I called "CSuffix" and stored the common information there. So I created a "Suffix.h" file that looks like: #pragma once class CSuffix { public: static void initialize (); static void increment (); static c...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non-certified workalike. So, to summarize: "Unix" is a class of operating systems that is "UNIX-like", which includes Linux. "UNIX(r)" is a trademark of the Open group, who -- somewhat snootily -- have an issue with the term "UNIX-like". (They can take a flying fsck.) "Cult of Unix" spells "Unix" as "Unix", because otherwise, what would it have to do with Linux? This PSA brought to you by the letter "U" and the number "2". -v Unix minions, unite! On 2/9/14, 1:15 PM, in article ld8nlg$bu7$1@dont-email.me, "vallor" <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote: > From TOW[1]: > > The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX > trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems > compliant with its standard, the Single UN...

Finder's "copy" and shell's "cp" hang
Weird problem... I have a drive -- which I suspect has physical problems and is therefore the root of the problem -- contain quite a number of my photography. Perhaps a half-year's worth of work. While trying to consolidate and organize all of my photos, I ran into a problem whereby Finder hangs when trying to move certain files. The rotten part is that I can't stop the copy (by hitting the x in the copy progress window). I can't even kill off the process (via term's "killall Finder" or "kill -9 [pid]." Finder just hangs. The only solution that I'...

What solvent(s) is/are used in HP deskjet cartridges? I have a HP DeskJet 940C and the cartridges are "15" (Black ) and "78" (Colour)
Ether? Methanol, ethanol? Are there different solvents for colour and black cartridges, BTW? Thanks in advance for any relevant reply! /D Dean Keaton wrote: > Ether? Methanol, ethanol? Are there different solvents for colour and > black cartridges, BTW? Thanks in advance for any relevant reply! /D I believe that the black ink uses dihydrogen monoxide for a solvent. The color one probably uses water as a solvent. -- ................................ Keepsake gift for young girls. Unique and personal one-of-a-kind. Builds strong minds 12 ways. Guaranteed satisfaction - courteous money back - keep bonus gifts http://www.alicebook.com "jbuch" <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote in message news:cdf49t11b3a@enews1.newsguy.com... > Dean Keaton wrote: > > > Ether? Methanol, ethanol? Are there different solvents for colour and > > black cartridges, BTW? Thanks in advance for any relevant reply! /D > > > I believe that the black ink uses dihydrogen monoxide for a solvent. > > The color one probably uses water as a solvent. http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/ijmsdseng.html has links to MSDS data for various HP cartridges. There are many different ink types, but the few I looked up have dihydrogen monoxide as a large component :-). Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging Stop joking around... ...

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) ...

What basic method did DS3's "HiPack" and "UltraPack" use?
I was restoring an old 486 for a friend, and noticed that the hard drive was still loaded with Windows 95. I booted it up and played with the DriveSpace 3 disk compression, and noticed that the files could be compressed with "standard" compression, "HiPack" compression, or "UltraPack" compression. Each subsequent mode used more CPU for compression, of course, but also used more CPU for *decompression* as well, to the point of being specifically discouraged for use on 486 and 386 machines in the help files. My question is, what methods could the latter "HiP...

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others.
Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others. Also have a requirement for any of the IRE - IEEE publications on early computing. Please advise All eras are fine prefer bound but... loose OK too. address is below. Thanks Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC - - See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org Southwest Museum of Engineering, Communications and Computation Coury House / SMECC Library 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. ...

What's the word on using """ to comment-out?
I think I remember, early in my learning of Python, coming across the commandment "THOU SHALT NOT USE TRIPLE-QUOTES TO COMMENT-OUT LINES OF CODE", or something to that effect. But now I can't find it! Is my memory playing me a trick? After all, from what I've seen since then, the practice of triple-quote-commenting (or TQC, pardon the TCA) is in fact quite common. Is TQC OK after all? If not, what's the case against it? Also, has the BDFL expressed an opinion on the subject? Alternatively, is there any other more or less "authoritative" opinion on TQC?...

Vista: "If it's not good enough for Microsoft's own, why should I be using it?"
From eWeek: > Court Case Airs Microsoft's Dirty Landry on Vista > > A document from Dell titled "Windows Vista Post Mortem" > shows how much real angst there is over the fate of > Microsoft's Vista operating system, which Microsoft CEO > Steve Ballmer rose to vigorously defend this week. Ballmer > also promised to significantly reduce the amount of energy > required to run Microsoft software and outlined the > company's plans to dominate what he described would be > a fifth revolution of computing. http://ct.enews.eweek.com/rd/cts?d=186-9216-49-642-837404-886059-0 -0-0-1 See below for quotes from this article at eWeek. > Ballmer Defends Windows Vista http://ct.enews.eweek.com/rd/cts?d=186-9216-49-642-837404-886062-0 -0-0-1 OMG. You mean we have to put up with more of their rubbish in the next 'revolution' of computing? Make me gag. Microsoft have been damaging progress in computing for over 20 years. Why don't Microsoft just die and let the REAL revolution happen: A Windows free world where REAL computer technology progress can take place. I want the future NOW, DAMMIT! Thank goodness for Apple. Not perfect, but the best we've got so far. *** QUOTES FROM THE eWEEK ARTICLE: http://ct.enews.eweek.com/rd/cts?d=186-9216-49-642-837404-886059-0 -0-0-1 Vista: Born Broken By´┐ŻSteven J. Vaughan-Nichols 2008-03-04 > You've heard the critics say Vista was second-rate from the start,...

What is the equivalent of Python's "%s" % "MyString"?
Hello! I am studying Ruby and have been using Python. I apologize for my negligence not to check out the whole document first. What is the equivalent of the following Python's expressions? s = "My name is %s and my age is %d." % ("Sam", 34) or s = "My name is %(name)s and my age is %(age)d." % {"name": "Sam", "age": 34} or format = "My name is %(name)s and my age is %(age)d." di = {"name": "Sam", "age": 34} s = format % di I know that ruby has "#{name}" expression. But that...

change Oracle 9i's character set from "WE8ISO8859P1" to "WE8MSWIN1252".
Hello There, Our Uniface application conntects to its oracle 9i production database with character set from "WE8ISO8859P1". Uniface runtime version is 7.2.06 for windows. We are going to change the production database Oracle 9i's character set from "WE8ISO8859P1" to "WE8MSWIN1252". As you know, "WE8ISO8859P1" is a subset of "WE8MSWIN1252". I was thinking our application will still work properly without any difference. But I am not sure. Is there anybody has done it before? Do I need to change any settings in ini/asn files? ...

[why are trailing '\n's missing in "$x"]: x="$(printf "hi\n\n")"; printf "$x"
Ex ~ $ printf "hi\n\n"|cat -A hi$ $ ~ $ x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" ~ $ printf "$x"|cat -A hi~ $ Why are the trailing '\n's not in "$x"? Is there any way to stop this, w/o using a tempfile? -- thanks! On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: > x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" x="$(printf "%s" "hi\n\n")" Best regards, Cyrus In article <bibnk6Ftcm6U1@mid.individual.net>, Cyrus Kriticos <cyrus.kriticos@googlemail.com> wrote: >On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: >> x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" > >x="$(printf "%s" "hi\n\n")" > >Best regards, >Cyrus Which is, at best, a pedantic nitpick, having nothing to do with OP's problem. In fact, ITYM: x="$(printf "%s\n\n" "hi")" (which still doesn't solve OP's problem, but at least demonstrates better pedantry) -- Watching ConservaLoons playing with statistics and facts is like watching a newborn play with a computer. Endlessly amusing, but totally unproductive. On 12/30/2013 12:00 AM, Kenny McCormack wrote: > In article <bibnk6Ftcm6U1@mid.individual.net>, > Cyrus Kriticos <cyrus.kriticos@googlemail.com> wrote: >> On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: >>> x="...

After the using of "Recovery Expert" from Acronis the directory's are file's
Hi, after resize the /home/ (/dev/hda3/ ext3) partition and rebooting linux said there is no /home/ partition. fstab /dev/hda there is no /dev/hda3 listet. I used the Software "Recovery Expert" from Acronis which was able to recover the partition, but the home-directory's of the users are now files ! The files have the same size as the directory's before. Is it possible to convert the files back to directory's ? Or gain the data in the files ? Thanks, Armin Irger Never heard of Acronis, but we always use Storix to rebuild and reconfigure our systems. It works great, expecially since we use both LVM and software RAID in 1+0 configs and often change to different filesystems for performance. irger wrote: > Hi, > > after resize the /home/ (/dev/hda3/ ext3) partition and rebooting > linux said there is no /home/ partition. fstab /dev/hda there is no > /dev/hda3 listet. > I used the Software "Recovery Expert" from Acronis which was able to > recover the partition, but the home-directory's of the users are now > files ! > The files have the same size as the directory's before. > Is it possible to convert the files back to directory's ? > Or gain the data in the files ? > > Thanks, > Armin Irger ...

Looking for Custom Function Similar to Howard's "Title" and David's "SmarterProper"
Hi, gang - I'm looking for a custom function that would capitalize names and addresses similar to Howard Schlossberg "Title" and David Tremmel's "SmarterProper," both of which are listed on Brian Dunning's cf site. The difference is that instead of having a parameter that specifies a "prefix" list indicating where a capital letter should always be inserted in a word (such as after the prefixes "Mc" or "Mac"), I'd like a parameter that specifies exception words that should always be capitalized as provided in an exceptions list....

What do the authors in The Little Schemer mean by the "function's structure" and "argument's structure"?
Hi all, I finished reading The Little Schemer a few days ago and one of the answers was not clear to me. It's on page 40, 3rd from the top. It's about simplifying the rember function (which removes the first occurrence of an element from a list). The question asks "So why don't we simplify right away?" and the answer is "Because then a function's structure does not coincide with its argument's structure." Any ideas what "a function's structure" and "argument's structure" are? And how do they coincide or not coincide? Here...

how to make ["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] into ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] ?
--001a11c34e8edbc7c404f6a94bbe Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >>> x=["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] >>> y=x[2] >>> y ['c', 'd'] >>> x.insert(2,y[0]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> x.insert(3,y[1]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> del x[4] >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', &#...

Matlab7 'bug' when using "subplot" + "imagesc"?
Hi, Does anybody know if Matlab7 has a 'bug' when using "subplot" + "imagesc"? I use to work with Matlab6.5 and using "subplot" + "imagesc" together in the same Figure worked absolutely fine: ======================================= a) all subplots where of the same size, b) the distances between them was the appropiate, c) and the size of the colorbar was perfect and the same for all subplots. ======================================= However I am now using Matlab7 and to my surprise using "subplot" + "imagesc" together ...

What's wrong with this: street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5
Hi, I wanted to remove the first zero from 0416 E. BAILEY 101, but not from 0 S 356 MADISON. I ran the following code and I have problem with the line: ------------------------ street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5; ---------------------- My desired output is something like this under one single variable "street_n": 416 E. BAILEY 101 0S356 MADISON Hope to get some help from out there. Thanks, Duckhye. data a; input street $1-19; cards; 0416 E. BAILEY 101 0 S 356 MADISON ; run; data b;set a; addr1=put(left(scan...

Old: Microsoft's PR "Spooks"/"Spies"/"Owners"/"Buddies"
Microsoft Critics Assigned PR "Spooks" ,----[ Quote ] | San Jose Mercury technology reporter Dan Gilmore recently discovered he's | been assigned a special "owner" at one of Microsoft's public relations firms, | Waggener-Edstrom. These spin-masters are attached to troublesome journalists | like Gilmore who have the temerity to write uncomplimentary articles about | the company or its products. | | The really irksome reporters, according to documents spirited from the | Waggener-Edstrom offices, are also assigned "buddies" at Microsoft itself. |...

how to differentiate inside PAM "login using ssh" vs. "file transfer via scp" ?
Hi, have a PAM related question - lets say we have two linux boxes A and B - box B runs an Openssh server - I have to use cases: - UC1: ssh login from A to B - UC2: transfer files from A to B using scp - from my understanding both use cases UC1 and UC2 create a new instance of sshd and handle the case - now my question: - I have to extend the PAM handling for B in a way that I can distinguish between use case UC1 and UC2 - the reason is that I need specific handling inside PAM for UC1 vs. UC2 - currently I have no idea how to find o...

[Uniface-L] change Oracle 9i's character set from "WE8ISO8859P1" to "WE8MSWIN1252".
Hello There, Our Uniface application conntects to its oracle 9i production database with character set from "WE8ISO8859P1". Uniface runtime version is 7.2.06 for windows. We are going to change the production database Oracle 9i's character set from "WE8ISO8859P1" to "WE8MSWIN1252". As you know, "WE8ISO8859P1" is a subset of "WE8MSWIN1252". I was thinking our application will still work properly without any difference. But I am not sure. Is there anybody has done it before? Do I need to change any settings in ini/asn files? ...

HP 6980 - won't properly connect "securely" via wireless
Attempted to set up a HP6980 for a neighbour, expecting it to be easy - connected to a Toshiba laptop via a Draytek 2800G wireless router But the wireless printing only seems to work when the printer has *no* encryption set. If the printer has no encryption set, it prints fine. Setting up using the "manual" option - via Ethernet cable connecting router to printer - all seems fine... until the Ethernet cable is removed. At that point, the printer seems unable to find the router wirelessly - the printer's network indicator light blinks ( indicating "no connec...

Web resources about - Using the "@" character in vsp session on a BL460c's iLO via ssh - comp.sys.hp.hardware