What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145
printer is going to go into this thread.

I broke a lot, spilled a lot, cursed a lot, and tried a lot ..... and I
just want you to benefit from what I learned so I'll try to put it in this
thread.

Please feel free to interject what you've learned. The hope is that this
thread helps anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer who wishes to
refill seemingly expired ink tanks and resurrect seemingly dead printheads.

I'll post pictures and describe the process and reference URLs on the
Internet in subsequent postings. Stay tuned.
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:31:46 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:

> What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145
> printer is going to go into this thread.

First, let's reference some URLs on the topic because nobody starts from
scratch - even with HP printers where HP doesn't want you to know what we
know now - but we had to break things to learn all of this...

1. This site almost shows how to take apart the HP #14 printheads for
repair & refill (I'll show more complete steps later) ...
http://img523.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bent9si.jpg

2. Here is the section of a long thread describing the process to take
apart the printheads to repair them (remember, an empty printhead will burn
out so you MUST keep them full to cool the heating elements)!
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/27744#178

3. And, here is the relevant description (verbatim):
Re: THE FIRST GUIDE IN TAKING BACK YOUR HP OFFICEJ
by vincentg (6/23/06 5:32 AM)
Printhead disassembly:
Pull the round part that is on a rail.
It is pretty hard to pull out
(I used a flat screwdriver to set it loose).
Don't worry too much about breaking something;
from my experience, this part isn't fragile.
Next, using a tiny flat screwdriver, lift the 3 clips that are holding the
top of the printhead on the frame.
These look a little more fragile, so don't pull too hard.
When the top is open, be very careful not to lose the rubber seal
(especially if you're doing this above a sink).
Wash all the parts of the printhead in warm water (plunge everything in
water).
When it looks clean, fill 3/4 of the printhead with ink.
Before closing the lid, make sure the rubber seal is well in place.
The printhead should leak from the bottom for a few minutes.
That is normal.
If it leaks from the top, it means the rubber seal isn't properly set:
you should open the printhead put the rubber seal in the right place
(on the lid part of the printhead) and close it again.

When the printhead looks clean, put it back in the printer.
In my case, the printhead didn't work right away.
At first, it wouldn't print at all.
After a few days, i tried printing again, and it worked perfectly.

So don't despair if it doesn't work right away.
Just wait for 2-3 days.

The only thing left to do now is to choose between scrubbing your hands
with windex or spend the next few days answering questions from curious
coworkers..
I chose windex, but after due considerations, i'm not sure it was worth the
smell... ;)
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:43:45 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
http://land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/letters/hpPrinters.php

This URL points to a reasonably good summary of how the general populace
might feel when confronted with a perfectly good ink sponge that's
"expired" prematurely ... or when encountering a printhead that is easy to
fix.

Particularly, it contains pictures of how to reset the CMOS date so that
the onerous HP ink tank expiration dates are no longer a problem.

Here's the relevant cut and paste, verbatim:
I opened the clam-like cartridge access to my printer (d125xi),
and looked for a battery. At first I didn't see it, but I was
determined. Finally, I saw it. On the left inside, near the
front of the machine, was a small button-type battery, held
in place by a spring clip.

First, I disconnected the power and the printer cable,
just to be sure. Then, I reached inside and carefully
removed the battery. I waited for about an hour, and then
reinserted the battery and plugged everything back in.
Viola! I was able to make a copy.

Tried printing-- that worked too.

I'm certain now that if I'd known this trick a few months ago,
I could have saved the money I had to spend on a printhead too.
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:48:45 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1215337736359+28353475&threadId=746562

This forum article contains lots of good information ... and, it referenced
probably one of the best HP Officejet D145 fixityourself articles at

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/27744

Only some of which I reproduce here .......
I HAVE GOTTEN AN OFFICEJET D135 FOR FREE, AND FOR GOOD REASON. BOTH INK
TANKS WERE NEAR FULL AND EXPIRED, AND ALL 4 PRINT HEADS ARE DRY AS A BONE.
BELOW IS A PLAY BY PLAY ON 1.) RESETTING A D135 TO USE EXPIRED CART'S AND
2.) MAKING OLD DYING PRINT HEADS (THAT GIVE YOU THE IDS FAILURE CALL HP
MESSAGE)...

A.) RESETTING THE PRINTER TO ACCEPT ANY TANKS
1. UNPLUG THE PRINTER FROM BOTH THE COMPUTER AND POWER
SUPPLY

2. USE A SMALL SCREWDRIVER OR SOMETHING ABOUT 1/8" IN DIAMATER TO PUSH OUT
THE HINGE PINS ON THE 2 MAIN SUPPORT WHEN YOU OPEN THE PRINTER TO SERVICE
IT (BE WARNED *NOT* TO OPEN THE PRINTER UP TO FAST, OR TO FAR WITH THE PINS
OUT!! I DID THIS AND DIDN'T REALIZE THE TOP PRINTER COVER WOULD REACH its
OPENING POINT, AS SUCH HAD TO GLUE BACK THE HINGE POINTS ON THE TOP SCANNER
COVER!!)

3.) WITH THE TOP FULLY OPEN, AND HINGES OUT, YOU CAN SEE MUCH BETTER INTO
THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PRINTER. THERE RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU IS A 3.3V STANDARD
CMOS/BIOS BATTERY YOUR USED TO SEEING IN YOUR PC. USE A PAPERCLIP, SMALL
PLYERS WHATEVER TO GET IT OUT, AND LEAVE IT OUT OVER AN HOUR.

4.) REVERSE THE ABOUT STEPS TO HE LETTER, INSTALLING THE BATTERY FIRST.
WHEN YOUR PRINTER NOW STARTS THE TIME WILL BE JAN 00 00 00:00 - DON'T
WORRY, FOR SOME REASON IF YOU USE THE DIRECTOR SOFTWARE AVAIL. ON THE HP
WEBSITE, AND DIRECT LINK THE TIME/DATE WITH THE COMPUTER, THE PRINTER WILL
AUTO CORRECT ITSELF EVERYTIME YOU START THE PRINTER TO GET AWAY FROM THE
JAN 00 00 00:00. IT'S A PROBLEM IN THE HARDWARE IN THE PRINTER, ASSUMING IT
ONLY CHECK THE FLASHED ROM ON THE PRINTER CART'S ON POWERUP, IN WHICH THE
TIME SAYS JAN 00 00 00:00, AND ALL IS GOOD. I AM CURRENTLY USING A COLOR
CART THAT IS 13 MONTHS EXPIRED. AND UNLIKE WHAT HP WILL TELL YOU, TANKS
NEVER WILL EXPIRE, THEY ARE SPONGES - PLAIN AN SIMPLE -... NEXT, HOW TO FIX
YOUR PRINT HEADS, AND GET AWAY FROM THE "IDS FAILURE - CALL HP" MESSAGE.

B.) CLEANING AND FIXING YOUR HP D135 PRINT HEADS

1.) FIRST MESSAGE OF WARNING, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FUNDS FOR NEW INK
CART'S OR AS I'M ASSUMING KNOW HOW TO SAVE HUNDREADS AND REFILL YOUR OWN
TANKS.

2.) ALL HP INKS ARE PIGMENT BASED, IN A WATER SOLUTION. THAT SAID, LIKE
WATERCOLORS, GUESS WHAT CLEANS HP INKS?? WATER OR BETTER YET SOMETHING WITH
A BIT OF HOUSEHOLD AMMONIUM - WINDEX. I STARTED WITH A PRINTER THAT HAD
BEEN LEFT IN A TRUNK FOR 4 MONTHS, AND DEAD, AND ENDED WITH ONE THAT CAN
PRINT AMAZING COLOR - GLOSSY PRINTS.

3.) QUITE SIMPLY, TAKE A PLATE YOUR NEVER GOING TO USE AGAIN, AND NO NOT
PAPER, A ROLL OF PAPER TOWEL, AND A BOTTLE OF WINDEX. SIMPLY TEAR OFF ABOUT
4 - 5 SHEETS OF PAPER TOWEL, SOAK WITH WINDEX, AND SET YOUR PRINTHEADS (JET
SIDE DOWN ON THE TOWEL) AS WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE 4 PRINT HEADS, AND THE
DON'T LAY FLAT TO EXPOSE ALL THE INKJETS, I PUT TAPE BETWEEN 2 SETS, TO GET
THEM TO HAVE MAX INKJET EXPOSURE, THEN SET 2 - 3 LBS OF WEIGHT ON THEM
(THINK SMALL BOOK). LET THEM SET FOR A FEW HOURS TO OVERNIGHT. A FEW HOURS
FOR A LOT OF CLOGS, OVERNIGHT IF THEY ARE NOT PRINTING AT ALL. YOU CAN TELL
FROM A TEST PRINT PAGE REPORT (*3 *5). IF YOU GET AN IDS OR DEAD HEAD
ERROR, PRESS ENTER AND IT WILL PRINT ANYWAY.

4.) THE SCIENCE BEHIND WHY THIS WORKS. WINDEX IS 90%+ WATER A MOSTLY THE
REST AMMONIUM. INKJETS USE TINY HEAT ELEMENTS TO "SPRAY" INK ON THE PAGE.
IF THEY HAVE DRIED INK UP IN THE ELEMENT, OR THE PIPE TO THE NOZZEL, ALL
THE CLEAN CYCLES IN THE WORLD WON'T WORK (TRUST ME, I TRIED). THE WINDEX,
WORKS IN REVERSE, THE WATER/AMMONIA SOLUTION WORKS BACKWARDS UP THE PIPE,
VIA THE NOZZLE INTO THE HEATER AND HEAD ITSELF.

5.) AFTER A FEW DOZEN PRINT CYCLES, THIS WILL FIX ANY LEVEL OF CLOG!! MIND
YOU, YOU MAY HAVE TO RE-WINDEX IF YOU GET ANY IDS ERRORS, BUT MINE HAVE
HAPPENED ONCE SINCE MY INITAL 3 HOUR SOAKING IN WINDEX, AND ONLY TO THE
CYAN.

HOPE THIS LITTLE GUIDE HELPS, IT'S MY FIRST, I WILL START WRITING MORE AS I
CAN FIND THE TIME, AND THE NEED. IT'S HP NOW MAKES THE COMMON PERSON THINK
TANKS CAN EXPIRE, AND HEADS ARE EVER DEAD... IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN
REFILL YOUR TANKS USUALLY 4 - 6 TIMES WITH A 20.00 REFILL KIT OFF E-BAY. AS
WITH ALL THINGS E-BAY MAKE SURE YOUR SUPPLIER USES GOOD QUALITY INKS
(PIGMENT/DYE BASED - THERE IS A DIFFRENCE!!) AND LOOK AT THE SAVINGS, 20.00
FOR A BLACK/CMY COLOR REFILL KIT) OR OVER 300.00 FOR THE SAME NEW TANKS AT
A LOCAL RETAIL SHOP!!

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/27744
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:53:43 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
Keep in mind, the expiration dates CAN be defeated (as shown in the prior
article).... but if you don't defeat the arbitrary expiration dates, this
is what you'll be confronted with .......

HP officejet d145

Disable ink drop counting:
1. Press both + and - arrow buttons at the same time
2. Release both + and - arrow buttons at the same time
3. Press buttons 4, then 5, then 6 in quick sequence
4. Press 1 (yes) when it asks you to disable color ink drop counting
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 above
6. Press buttons 7, then 8, then 9 in quick sequence
4. Press 1 (yes) when it asks you to disable black ink drop counting

Manufacture date = warranty expiry date - 30 months
Warranty expiry date = YYYY/MM/DD printed on ink cartridge
Suggested install-by date = warranty expiry date - 12 months
Install date = date first installed in hp officejet d145
Package printed date = warranty expiry date - 3 months
In-service expiry date = install date + 30 months
Cartridge expiry date = warranty expiry date + 24 months

Example:
Manufacture date = November 03, 2006
Warranty expiry date = May 03, 2007 (printed as 2007/05/03)
Suggested install-by date = May 03, 2008
Install date = June 12, 2008 (for example)
Package printed date = February 03, 2009
In-service expiry date = December 12, 2010
Cartridge expiry date = May 03, 2011

All this can be defeated as shown previously (open the CMOS battery circuit
for an hour). Keep in mind, the HP #14 ink tanks are just a sponge filled
with ink. Nothing more. Nothing less. There's no reason they should expire
if you keep them filled (HP diatribes to the contrary notwithstanding).

Also bear in mind, the HP "ink drop counting" system is designed to prevent
you from refilling, not to prevent the printheads from running dry and
burning out the heating elements due to loss of water cooling! The proof is
in the fact that HP could have measured the ink itself but that would be
too easy - HP insists on measuring the "original" ink drops consumed and
expiring the tank when that original ink was consumed even if a full tank
of better quality ink exists in reality. Sigh. (Of course, they'll wax
eloquently about the "quality" of the ink causing "damage" but guess what
..... they're full of it as their actions betray their true intent).
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:01:23 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
BTW, before I realized what solvent to use to clean the dried ink in the
printheads, I tried water, vinegar, isopropyl alcohol, and windex
(ammonia).

My hands were full of ink.

Guess what cleaned the water-soluble ink off the best?

Nope.

Water worked just OK. Alcohol sucked. Windex (in combination with water)
worked best. Vinegar didn't do diddly squat.

So, here's what I recommend:
a. Use Windex (ammonia) solutions to clean the printheads bottom
b. Use Alcohol (isopropyl) solutions to clean the printhead electrical
contacts

Why the alcohol for the electrical contacts?
Cuz they're not that filthy (so it works well enough) and 'cuz alcohol
dries very quickly so water conduction won't short anything out.
Here's what I learned the hard way for refilling the HP ink tanks for the
HP d145 officejet printer.

Don't drill a hole in the top of the tank like the refill kits recommend.
Ignore that and just flip the tri-color and black tanks upside down.

Simply drip high quality refill ink onto the sponge at the bottom
That's it. Refill until the sponge is nice and soaking wet.
A few paper towels will soak up whatever spills out.

BTW, yellow goes fast!

And, of course, don't ever let the sponge dry out as it shrinks away from
the sides of the tank and makes a huge mess when you refill it and takes
days (perhaps never) to regain its former shape.

PS: The ink from HP is water soluble so your pictures will be too. Also,
the ink isn't archival quality from HP. Best to get ink that is archival
quality from a printing shop which is extremely cheap compared to the
horrendously expensive low-quality HP ink supplied as OEM.
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:11:07 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
Related USENET posts discussing how to understand and overcome the
arbitrary expiry dates on the HP officejet d145 ink cartridges is here

HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_thread/thread/f15c7ab9cf81fe34/ce88012ad4459205?#ce88012ad4459205

and here

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.periphs.printers/browse_thread/thread/c44d6c0dedc4fbe5/b322d5c81a2ba6a8?#b322d5c81a2ba6a8
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:18:20 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
One VERY IMPORTANT thing I learned the hard way!

When fixing printheads, especially if you've boiled them or soaked them,
you MUST refill the small tanks inside the printhead.

On the web, the only known method (prior to this post) was to disassemble
the printhead (photos to be shown) and dripping some ink inside.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/27744#178
http://img523.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bent9si.jpg

But wait!

You do NOT have to disassemble the HP #14 printhead to refill it!

You can just remove the round spacer (see photos to be referenced) and then
drip the ink in via the handful of channels under that round removable
cylinder.

This is good 'cuz removing the cylinder rarely breaks the printhead but
removing the next three clips is a very delicate operation.

If you just drip ink inside the channels under the positioning cylinder,
then you don't have to remove the three clips and you win big time!

This is the ONLY place on the net where this procedure is described so take
note!
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:25:09 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
I posted a few dozen pictures of the HP #14 printheads being taken apart
and refilled after a thorough cleaning ....

I'm not sure what the URL is but it's a new myspace account that I created
with my email address so that I could post pictures.

I was limited to 60 files so I posted those that I thought would be helpful
to others who have a need to refill and repair their HP #14 printheads.

I'm not used to facebook but I think this is the profile with the 60 pics

HP d145 Printer wrote:
> What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145
> printer is going to go into this thread.
>
> I broke a lot, spilled a lot, cursed a lot, and tried a lot ..... and I
> just want you to benefit from what I learned so I'll try to put it in this
> thread.

Just like I said.
> Please feel free to interject what you've learned. The hope is that this
> thread helps anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer who wishes to
> refill seemingly expired ink tanks and resurrect seemingly dead printheads.
>
> I'll post pictures and describe the process and reference URLs on the
> Internet in subsequent postings. Stay tuned.

0
inkystinky (165)
7/6/2008 4:46:37 PM

HP d145 Printer wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:01:23 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
> BTW, before I realized what solvent to use to clean the dried ink in the
> printheads, I tried water, vinegar, isopropyl alcohol, and windex
> (ammonia).
>
> My hands were full of ink.
>
> Guess what cleaned the water-soluble ink off the best?
>
> Nope.
>
> Water worked just OK. Alcohol sucked. Windex (in combination with water)
> worked best. Vinegar didn't do diddly squat.
>
> So, here's what I recommend:

Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink.  Then you do not have to go
through this crap and waste your time.
> a. Use Windex (ammonia) solutions to clean the printheads bottom
> b. Use Alcohol (isopropyl) solutions to clean the printhead electrical
> contacts
>
> Why the alcohol for the electrical contacts?
> Cuz they're not that filthy (so it works well enough) and 'cuz alcohol
> dries very quickly so water conduction won't short anything out.

0
inkystinky (165)
7/6/2008 4:48:33 PM

HP d145 Printer wrote:
> Here's what I learned the hard way for refilling the HP ink tanks for the
> HP d145 officejet printer.
>
> Don't drill a hole in the top of the tank like the refill kits recommend.
> Ignore that and just flip the tri-color and black tanks upside down.
>
> Simply drip high quality refill ink
There is none
> onto the sponge at the bottom
> That's it. Refill until the sponge is nice and soaking wet.
> A few paper towels will soak up whatever spills out.

What a mess
> BTW, yellow goes fast!
>
> And, of course, don't ever let the sponge dry out as it shrinks away from
> the sides of the tank and makes a huge mess when you refill it and takes
> days (perhaps never) to regain its former shape.
>
> PS: The ink from HP is water soluble so your pictures will be too. Also,
> the ink isn't archival quality from HP. Best to get ink that is archival
> quality from a printing shop which is extremely cheap compared to the
> horrendously expensive low-quality HP ink supplied as OEM.

0
inkystinky (165)
7/6/2008 4:50:33 PM
meashershithead, the oem ink drinking idiot moron POS loser wrote:

Aren't you the same fruitcake loser who was changing everyone's post who
disagreed with you over at the printer ng? That was you wasn't it, remember?
We all complained to your ISP and you eventually stopped doing it!

Also are you the stupid idiot piece of shit who capitalized each and
every word in ever post over at the printer ng until we all complained
once again to your ISP?
Remember?

Also are you not the dumb fukkin son of a bitch piece of shit who
continues to post in HTML even thought everyone in all of the ng's
you're in has complained about it and told you to stop doing it?
Remember

Are you not the asshole who did all of that? You were weren't you!

Would you like your ISP to get so many abuse complaints about you once
again that they think they're getting DDOS, huh?

Are you really as dense and as stupid and ignorant and as fukkin dumb as
you seem to be?
Are you?
You are right!

And aren't you a declared austrian fascist, an atheist and a bigot?
You did proclaim to be all of those didn't you.

Take my advice meashershithead, get fukkin lost you idiot moron piece of
shit loser!
Frank

want to know more about this asshole loser?
Go here:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=yvREpBIAAADEx8x8Ar5cT9MycNaTjCAv8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg
0
fb4132 (2)
7/6/2008 5:52:28 PM
meashershithead, the oem ink drinking idiot moron POS loser wrote:

NO SPAMMING ALLOWED!!!
0
fb4132 (2)
7/6/2008 5:53:10 PM
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 08:20:07 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:25:09 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
> I posted a few dozen pictures of the HP #14 printheads being taken apart
> and refilled after a thorough cleaning ....
> I'm not used to facebook but I think this is the profile with the 60 pics
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1354783432

Drat. I don't think the facebook thing works even though I made the
pictures available to everybody. I need to figure out the URL better or use
a different free picture posting service that can handle 60 photos at a
time.

PS I'm not sure what all that stuff is from measekit and FB but I don't see
how it added any value so I'm gonna ignore them.

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:48:33 -0700, measekite wrote:

> Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink.  Then you do not have to go
> through this crap and waste your time.

I'd like to ditch that crappy HP printer if for no other reason that I
constantly get a "scanner failure" message and HP makes it miserable, on
purpose, to refill the ink!

Which Canon do people recommend for home use that ...
a) Print lasting pictures (archival quality, colorfast, not water soluble)
b) Print to the EDGE of the paper
c) Allow easy refilling of the ink & printhead maintenance

Note the HP Officejet D145 does NONE of those three important items.

Which printers have these three basic printing qualities?
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:31:46 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
I uploaded about 60 photos to a new flicker account so that you could see
exactly what's inside an HP #14 printhead and so that you can see the right
way and plenty of wrong ways to open the cartridge up for refilling and
repair!

Let me know if you can see these pics as the myspace idea failed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28335224@N06/

Hopefully, these 60 photos show you exactly how to properly refill the HP
Officejet D145 printer printheads without having to take them apart!

AFAIK, this is the ONLY place on the entire Internet with this type of
information and pictures (the only other places have you take apart the
printhead but I found out how to refill them without having to take them
apart).

Same with the ink cartridges as I noted previously --- you do NOT need to
drill a hole or remove the top tape of the HP #14 ink tank.

Check out the photos for the details and let me know what you think!
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
HP d145 Printer wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:48:33 -0700, measekite wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink.  Then you do not have to go
through this crap and waste your time.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I'd like to ditch that crappy HP printer if for no other reason that I
constantly get a "scanner failure" message and HP makes it miserable, on
purpose, to refill the ink!

Which Canon do people recommend for home use that ...
a) Print lasting pictures (archival quality, colorfast, not water soluble)
b) Print to the EDGE of the paper
  </pre>
Canon Pro9500<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">c) Allow easy refilling of the ink &amp; printhead maintenance
  </pre>
None do but as long as you use Canon ink you will not have a problem.<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
Note the HP Officejet D145 does NONE of those three important items.

Which printers have these three basic printing qualities?
  </pre>
0
inkystinky (165)
7/6/2008 8:11:40 PM
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:19:42 -0700, HP d145 Printer wrote:
> Let me know if you can see these pics as the myspace idea failed.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/28335224@N06/

BTW, do you guys know how we can tell if the bad printhead is an
unsalvageable burned out printhead versus just clogged up (which can be
salvaged)?
Reasons you don't need to reply here:

1. WE DON'T NEED YOUR * ADVICE.
2. We like to mess with things.
3. WE DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE.
4. We like to save money.
5. WE DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE.
6. AND, WE DEFINITELY DON'T NEED YOUR F***ING ADVICE!

* ("Advice" in your case means useless opinion.)
0
pheeh.zero (386)
7/7/2008 11:06:01 AM
On Jul 6, 3:11=A0pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> HP d145 Printer wrote:On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:48:33 -0700, measekite wrote=
:Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink. Then you do not have to go through =
this crap and waste your time.I'd like to ditch that crappy HP printer if f=
or no other reason that I constantly get a "scanner failure" message and HP=
 makes it miserable, on purpose, to refill the ink! Which Canon do people r=
ecommend for home use that ... a) Print lasting pictures (archival quality,=
 colorfast, not water soluble) b) Print to the EDGE of the paperCanon Pro95=
00c) Allow easy refilling of the ink & printhead maintenanceNone do but as =
long as you use Canon ink you will not have a problem.Note the HP Officejet=
 D145 does NONE of those three important items. Which printers have these t=
hree basic printing qualities?

Reasons you don't need to reply here:

1. WE DON'T NEED YOUR * ADVICE.
2. We like to mess with things.
3. WE DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE.
4. We like to save money.
5. WE DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE.
6. AND, WE DEFINITELY DON'T NEED YOUR F***ING ADVICE!

* ("Advice" in your case means useless opinion.)
0
pheeh.zero (386)
7/9/2008 12:02:49 PM
HP d145 Printer wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:48:33 -0700, measekite wrote:
>
>> Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink.  Then you do not have to go
>> through this crap and waste your time.
>
> I'd like to ditch that crappy HP printer if for no other reason that I
> constantly get a "scanner failure" message and HP makes it miserable, on
> purpose, to refill the ink!
>
> Which Canon do people recommend for home use that ...
> a) Print lasting pictures (archival quality, colorfast, not water soluble)
> b) Print to the EDGE of the paper
> c) Allow easy refilling of the ink & printhead maintenance
>
> Note the HP Officejet D145 does NONE of those three important items.
>
> Which printers have these three basic printing qualities?

There are NO printer manufacturers that will recommend a printer that's
easy to refill. They sell less ink that way, and selling ink is where
they make money, not selling printers. They sell printers only as a
means to sell more ink.

And even if there WERE a manufacturer that would do that, you certainly
won't hear about it by asking Measekite.

TJ
0
TJ8803 (44)
7/9/2008 1:00:37 PM
On Jul 9, 8:00=A0am, TJ <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> HP d145 Printer wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:48:33 -0700, measekite wrote:
>
> >> Buy a Canon printer and use Canon ink. =A0Then you do not have to go
> >> through this crap and waste your time.
>
> > I'd like to ditch that crappy HP printer if for no other reason that I
> > constantly get a "scanner failure" message and HP makes it miserable, o=
> > purpose, to refill the ink!
>
> > Which Canon do people recommend for home use that ...
> > a) Print lasting pictures (archival quality, colorfast, not water solub=
le)
> > b) Print to the EDGE of the paper
> > c) Allow easy refilling of the ink & printhead maintenance
>
> > Note the HP Officejet D145 does NONE of those three important items.
>
> > Which printers have these three basic printing qualities?
>
> There are NO printer manufacturers that will recommend a printer that's
> easy to refill. They sell less ink that way, and selling ink is where
> they make money, not selling printers. They sell printers only as a
> means to sell more ink.
>
> And even if there WERE a manufacturer that would do that, you certainly
> won't hear about it by asking Measekite.
>
> TJ

Has anyone actually asked him a question?
Oh ya, "What are you a moron?"
0
pheeh.zero (386)

HP Officejet d145 & HP Laserjet 1300 on Same System?
Is anyone using the d145 and the 1300 printers on the same system system (stand alone system)? I'm wondering if there are conflicts between the two being on the same system (I've read that the d145 has conflicts with some other HP printers being on the same system). They would run under Windows XP. Thanks Charlie ****************************************************** Charliec NOTE: Remove "NOSPAM" to respond via Email ...

HP Officejet d145 & HP Laserjet 1300 on Same System
Is anyone using the d145 and the 1300 printers on the same system system (stand alone system)? I'm wondering if there are conflicts between the two being on the same system (I've read that the d145 has conflicts with some other HP printers being on the same system). They would run under Windows XP. Thanks Charlie ****************************************************** Charliec NOTE: Remove "NOSPAM" to respond via Email ...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)
So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP use? Pigmented ink or not? and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea. But I've seen prices online for $10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color. What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart? Any advice would be appreciated. All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson printers use pigmented inks. Lynn "LLutton" <llutton@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916201009.13013.00000612@mb-m21.aol.com... > All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson > printers use pigmented inks. That is not quite true. All but the oldest HP black ink cartridges use pigmented inks. Most of the color cartridges are dye based although there are pigmented options for the DesignJet printers. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking fro my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, "Te" <te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote: >So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP >use? Pigmented ink or not? > >and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've >been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I >can ...

HP OfficeJet 6110 destroys my HP 56 ink cartridges regularly
My HP OfficeJet 6110 multifunction printer destroys black ink cartridges every couple of months. I print very infrequently (about 10 pages in 6 months?) and the HP 56 (original) cartridges, still with much ink in them, quit working after that time. I've got 3 damaged cartridges so far. Error message that appears after a couple of months is: Remove and check cartridge Right Cartridge Incorrect The color cartridge is never affected. I have tried cleaning the contacts, printer reset routines, re-install printer firmware, etc. The only thing that works is to put in a bran...

Stepping up from HP 970 to HP 2515 -- Ink Costs & Photo Quality
I'm intrigued by the new HP 2515 having built in Networking and supposedly improved photo printing over my 970. Does anyone have a feel for: 1. Is the photo printing significantly better than the 970? I thought both the 970 and the 2515 have Photo RET III. Althought the 2515 evidently also supports RET IV with a photo cartridge. 2. Difference in cost per page or print life of the 2515? The 2515 cartridges seem to be signficantly smaller than the 970 cartridges. The cost doesn't seem to be as high for the 2515 carts, but if I have to replace them twice as often, then I'm not really saving anything. 3. Does the 2515 gracefully handle fast user switching for the scanner? My visioneer constantly locks up when I switch user IDs and I have to reboot before I can access the printer. Any other feedback on the 2515/2415 would be appreciated. Thanks. Ray. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- "Ray Price" <rayprice@everestkc.net> wrote in message news:3fa5e155$1_4@corp.newsgroups.com... > 1. Is the photo printing significantly better than the 970? I thought both > the 970 and the 2515 have Photo RET III. Althought the 2515 evidently also > supports RET IV with a photo cartridge. I have a PhotoREt III printer (DeskJet 930c) and PhotoREt...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Fix a broken very old HP OfficeJet 6100 all-printer?
Hello. Its motors/rollers seems to be broken inside. Is this easily fixable? It can't print, scan, etc. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ants never sleep." --Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. ...

VERY Interesting HP & Epson Cartridge Ink Refilling Site
Over the years I've searched out quite a few ink-refilling advice sites online, but tonight I ran across a really unique one. His HP section is mostly devoted to a particular model #'s of tri-color HP cartridges, the 78 (45), 23, 41, and 17 to be specific. But his views on why filling sponge-filled cartridges should be filled upside-down makes perfect sense. I tried his methods on a few that I thought were ready to be trashed. His way works just as claimed and explained. They can all be saved if the print-head is still good. The problem is with minute amounts of air in the isol...

How can you trick the HP 10 & 11 after refill ink?
Hi Everyone, I just refill my HP 10 ink cartridge "trial size" for my HP Business Inkjet 1100 series. I am so happy that I did that. I had 30% left ink cartridge. Any after I refill it I started to print and it says 28% and lower and lower. How can I trick this printer that it still is FULL of ink. What I did was put a piece of tap in the black contact (the cartridge box below) "smart chip" and then I reinsert the cartridge then it says "Black ink cartridge missing". I did tape middle of it then left and right and still says the same thing. The thing is who knows how to trick the printer into thinking there is more ink left or FULL ink left. Thanks Mike C :) There is no trick to these cartridges. They use "smart" chips, so they can't be fooled:) Try using cartridges with Auto-reset chips, or buy specially designed cartridges to work with a chip resetter. Here are some examples: http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/easy-fill_cartridges_for_hp_-_single_cartridge_pack_4140243.htm I browsed your site and these are my observations: Regarding Canon products: 1. I could not find any place the mention of any BRANDED (mfg/formulator) Name of the ink you are selling. 2. The price you are selling noname 3rdparty Canon prefilled cartridges 6.99 is only $2.00 cheaper than the real Canon Ink Carts that I buy at Costco. That is less than the price of even a crappy burger. 3. The price you are sell...

Ink levels in hp printer 5650 refilled 56 cartriges
I have the hp inkjet 5650 printer. The black cartridge is a hp 56. I have refilled it according to the refill manufacturer's instructions, including removing the top label over the fill holes. The printer and cartridge work fine, but the printer assistant from hp tells me the cartridge is not inserted correctly or that I need a new cartridge. Also the ink level in the cartridge which has been just refilled is almost empty, which it is not.How do I get the printer assistant to reflect the correct ink level, and why the other message if it is not a shill to buy a new hp 56 cart...

Good aftermarket for HP 56 & 57 printer inks?
I've never tried tis and am wondering if there are any gotcha's. -- dowop Dowop wrote: > I've never tried tis and am wondering if there are any gotcha's. > Are you looking to refill yourself, or for carts that have been refilled by somebody else? TJ www.bizco.com.au they have both "TJ" <TJ@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:h0j0d3$d8d$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Dowop wrote: >> I've never tried tis and am wondering if there are any gotcha's. >> > Are you looking to refill yourself, or for ...

HP Officejet 7310xi printer & OS 9.2.2
The other half gave me one of these All-in-One printer/fax machines for Christmas, and try as I might I can't get the printer driver to load so that it can be selected. It's is installed on my Cube all right (384M ram, OS 9.2.2) but if you select the HP Inkjet V6.6.2 driver, you get an error message saying that it couldn't be loaded into memory, and to increase the application minimum memory allocation. So far I've found the HP Inkjet Engine.app that is in the startup folder, and I've doubled the minimum memory, doubled the OS virtual memory, removed all of every other ...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

HP Printer Ink Expiration & Warranty Date Secret Decoder Ring
As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer ink relevant dates. Note that most people throw away the ink cartridge upon the first (false) expiration date. Only those who read the google record know that first end-of-service date can be overcome, giving the user an additional year or two of useful service. I post this by way of peer review so that the experts can correct where I make any mistake. 1. Manufacture date = date printed on ink cartridge minus 30 months 2. Installation date = hand written on ink cartridge when first installed 3. Install-by date = manufacture date plus 18 months 4. Warranty expiration date = printed on the ink tank in YYYY/MM/DD format 5. End-of-service date = installation date plus 30 months 6. Expiration date = warranty expiration date + 24 months > As far as I can tell from googling like crazy, here are the six HP printer > ink relevant dates. Here are some true-to-life values based on my purchase today of the $55 + tax Costco #716128 "Triple pack" of three #14 black C5011D cartridges. I tried to read the expiration date on the individual boxex inside the blister pack but HP cleverly packaged the three pack with the dates hidden. Much to my chagrin, these expensive Costco HP #14 26ml C5011DN black ink cartridges were manufactured way back in 2004 based on my claculations as shown below. - DATE PRINTED ON BOX = SINGAPORE FEB 2007 - DATE PRINTED ON CARTRIDGE = 2007/05/12 - DERIVED MANUFACTU...

hp 45 ink with hp 56
i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart. Should i use it? The ink is made from inktec. Thank's The ink for #45 is different from it for #56. "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message news:%gZjb.9190$e5.315396@news1.tin.it... > i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me > ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart. > Should i use it? > The ink is made from inktec. > > Thank's > > In article <%gZjb.9190$e5.315396@news1.tin.it>, dimitriskal1@tin.it says... > i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me > ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart. > Should i use it? > The ink is made from inktec. > > Thank's > > > Since they are both the same style/type print head, it probably would work. In this case, the only thing you stand to lose is the #56 cartridge if it doesn't work. -- Larry Lynch Mystic, Ct. [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <%gZjb.9190$e5.315396@news1.tin.it>, dimitriskal1@tin.it says... > i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me > ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 car...

HP 4890 & HP software
Looking for any comments on the HP 4890 & its software package. I plan to scan the old 35mm & 2 1/4 slides. Ease of use and speed are important. I don't have a critical eye. I have a Canon 5000F for document scanning. Any comments or opinions will be appreciated. Art I've had a 4890 for about 3 days. Scanning slides is great. I've scanned about 2000 slides so far. I've been scanning at 2400dpi. Someone else was posting that it wasn't actually noticeable/usable at 4800 or 9600 dpi. It has a template for 16 35mm slides and the software lets yo...

Should I buy HP Photosmart? Or HP OfficeJet?
I'm a college student. Don't do a ton of printing but do maybe say 10 pages a week. I'm trying to decide between the HP Officejet and Photosmart lines and which best fits my needs. I also want an all in one machine to save space. I don't need "photo" printing that Photosmart affords as am NOT a photog buff. However, I'm wondering if the Photosmart line has an edge on printouts of documents that contain charts, diagrams,etc in color? Or will the Officejet line do fine in that respect? I also notice the Photosmart line has higher resolution scanners than the Officejet line and am wondering if the Officejets will do fine for most scanning of pictures, charts, etc? These two factors above will help me decide between the tow lines if anyone has advice. Thanks!! Usually, the Officejet machines are a bit faster, and cost less in ink costs. They usually only use 4 colors, making lighter colors by using smaller dots and more white paper space, which gives better yield than the Photosmart printers which use a light cyan and magenta inks, which get used up much quicker, but supply more even gradients. For pie charts and business presentations, these subtle difference won't matter. Also, the Photosmart inks are better designed for printing on costly inkjet photo paper, which the Officejet doesn't require. In general, the best thing to do when comparing for ink prices is to look at the yield they sugge...

HP OfficeJet 6210/7210/PSC 750 printers & Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services
Greetings, I'm trying to help a client setup a Windows Server 2003 platform to host their application to support their furniture stores. One store has a HP OfficeJet 6210, the other has an OfficeJet 7210 printer. I am attempting to setup support for each store so they can use Terminal Services/Remote Desktop into the server to use their application, yet still have the ability to print to their local HP OfficeJet printers. I'm finding out that Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services is not picking up their printers when logging into via Remote Desktop, and my attempts to add the appropriate drivers on the server have been less than successful. Based on my reasearch on the internet, it appears that HP does not produce drivers for "Server" based platforms for consumer level inkjet printers (Nevermind the "Office" part of the "OfficeJet" name). The store with the OfficeJet 7210 is running Windows XP Professional and the store with the OfficeJet 6210 is running Windows XP Home. Their respective pritners are installed locally and work just fine. How do I get these HP printers to cooperate with Terminal Services under Windows Server 2003? The client is also wanting to be able to access their application from home as well, and they have an DeskJet 450 & PSC 750 All-in-one printer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Daniel If this helps, it only needs to print to the local printers. None of the additional features such as fax...

How much refill ink does HP #57 accept when refilling?
I've been refilling my Hp #57 tri-color cartridges. Have done so several times with mixed results. My question is, when using google.groups and searching this group, reading instructions from other web sites and the instructions that came with my own refill kit, they all explain when refilling this cartridge (HP #57) to fill the syringe with approx 4ml to 5ml of ink for each color chamber. I've noticed now, that almost everytime I refill, the cartridge is only accepting about 2ml of ink at the most. Now, the next logical question would be are the chambers empty? I don't know. I would say yes, because on one occasion- I refilled while the ink level indicator still showed about 30% (maybe more) ink volume in the cartridge, however the cartridge was completely out of Yellow- I could tell by the print out. And even then, the cart only accepted slightly more than 2ml of yellow ink. I'm trying to refill when the ink level gets to about 20-25%, though I'm not sure how accurate the ink level indicators are? But my main question is, for those of you who are refilling these HP #57 carts, how much ink are you injecting into each chamber? As stated above, I'm only able to inject about 2ml of each color... 3ml at the most. (on a side note: How slowly do you inject? I inject about 1/3 of a ml and wait for a few seconds (about 10 seconds) to allow the ink to absorb into sponge and repeat until the cartridge spews ink from the top ho...

<Plug> Hewlett-Packard MPE/iX & HP-UX Servers and peripherals (Buy & Sell
We at Cypress Technology would like to take this opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to you and any new members of your organization. As a friendly reminder, Cypress Technology was established to provide our clients with the best values on Hewlett Packard HP-UX & MPE/iX systems and all related peripherals. If you are searching for any Hewlett-Packard hardware at this time or looking to upgrade an existing server or workstation, let me know and I can give a competitive price quotation for your needs. Feel free to call or email if you have any HP hardware that you wish to sel...

HP Officejet D145
Hello Does somebody knows how to suppress the popup window when starting making a copy. Hermie Try this - When the window pops up, click "Settings", then Director Settings and look at the first item that is checked. Charlie >"Hermie" <hermie@nospamcoqui.net> wrote: >Hello >Does somebody knows how to suppress the popup window when starting making a >copy. >Hermie > ****************************************************** Charliec ...

HP ink refills
About a week ago I refilled the HP #56 and #57 ink carts of my PSC 2110 for about the tenth or fifteenth time, maybe more. These particular carts were purchased from a refiller, NOT from HP. The black ink I used was purchased in a pint container from a reseller who claimed it was pigmented ink. The color inks were from a "universal" refill kit I purchased several years ago, before I got the PSC. It's probably dye-based. I printed about a dozen pages right after the refill, and the printer has been idle until just a few minutes ago, when I printed a couple of Mand...

Web resources about - What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Architecture-by-Bee and Other Animal Printheads
[Image: By John Becker ]. For thousands of years now, animal bodies have been used as living 3D printers—or sentient printheads, we might say—but ...

Epson's new office inkjets have a secret weapon: fast PrecisionCore printheads
... new office-class WorkForce inkjets. They look like any other printer, but they have something new to the category: Epson’s PrecisionCore printhead. ...

Konica Minolta outs first OLED inkjet printhead in the world
... Konica Minolta has taken the first step towards that roll-to-roll printing of OLED screens by unveiling the world’s first inkjet printhead ...

Canon i9900 printhead needs to be replaced
Well I supposed it had to happen, I’m getting a print head error on the venerable 8 year old Canon i9900, so what can I do. A new printhead is ...

Kyocera develops world's fastest 300dpi inkjet printhead
Kyocera Corporation today announced that it has developed a new 300 dots-per-inch (dpi) inkjet printhead a key component for commercial inkjet ...

IBM Selectric typewriter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Instead of the "basket" of individual typebars that swung up to strike the ribbon and page in a traditional typewriter, the Selectric had a type ...

Label Printers, Labels, Barcode Scanners & Barcode Readers - Supplier of Complete identification systems ...
Peacock Bros. Pty. Ltd, Australian owned and operated since 1888 has grown into one of Australia's largest Identification Systems and Supplies ...

Fujifilm USA
Fujifilm. expect INNOVATION, across the diverse fields of digital imaging, optics, digital printing, medical systems, graphic arts, semiconductors, ...

Maker Movement Purists Bothered by ‘Closed System’ 3D Printing Cartridges
... industry told Betabeat on background. "What's happening here is that their cartridges are 'easy load', but they also have a special printhead ...

Europe
Business Wire is the only US-based commercial news service that has access to the Agence France-Presse (AFP) media network, the four Nordic news ...