Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.

I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP
OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000.  Both
drivers refuse to run.  If anyone have successfully make the connection,
please help!!!

Ching-yeh Tzseng

0
ctzseng (1)
9/20/2003 7:05:26 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

tzseng wrote:
> I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP
> OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer
> server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and
> Windows 2000.  Both drivers refuse to run.  If anyone have
> successfully make the connection, please help!!!
>

> Ching-yeh Tzseng

Is the printer port (printer properties, ports tab) set to the server?
Can you see the server on the network?

quaoar (1575)

HP OfficeJet 6210/7210/PSC 750 printers & Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services
Greetings, I'm trying to help a client setup a Windows Server 2003 platform to host their application to support their furniture stores. One store has a HP OfficeJet 6210, the other has an OfficeJet 7210 printer. I am attempting to setup support for each store so they can use Terminal Services/Remote Desktop into the server to use their application, yet still have the ability to print to their local HP OfficeJet printers. I'm finding out that Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services is not picking up their printers when logging into via Remote Desktop, and my attempts to add the appropriate drivers on the server have been less than successful. Based on my reasearch on the internet, it appears that HP does not produce drivers for "Server" based platforms for consumer level inkjet printers (Nevermind the "Office" part of the "OfficeJet" name). The store with the OfficeJet 7210 is running Windows XP Professional and the store with the OfficeJet 6210 is running Windows XP Home. Their respective pritners are installed locally and work just fine. How do I get these HP printers to cooperate with Terminal Services under Windows Server 2003? The client is also wanting to be able to access their application from home as well, and they have an DeskJet 450 & PSC 750 All-in-one printer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Daniel If this helps, it only needs to print to the local printers. None of the additional features such as fax...

HP Officejet 9130 on Windows Server 2003
I'm trying to install HP Officejet 9130 printer in Windows Server 2003. I put the cd in but the setup program tells me to install the printer via the standard Windows' Printers wizard. I do this and the setup seems to finish successfully, the icon of the printer is in the Printers folder but when I try to use it the system tells me that no printer is currently installed. When I try to click with the right mouse button on the printer icon to open the Properties dialogue box, nothing happens. Nothing happens trying to share the printer. It seems a "fake" icon :-D. What ...

HP Officejet 9130 on Windows Server 2003
I'm trying to install HP Officejet 9130 printer in Windows Server 2003. I put the cd in but the setup program tells me to install the printer via the standard Windows' Printers wizard. I do this and the setup seems to finish successfully, the icon of the printer is in the Printers folder but when I try to use it the system tells me that no printer is currently installed. When I try to click with the right mouse button on the printer icon to open the Properties dialogue box, nothing happens. Nothing happens trying to share the printer. It seems a "fake" icon :-D. What shall I do? Thanks very much. Alex ...

HP Officejet 5510 and Windows Server 2003
I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just install the driver and absolutely no other HP software? Thanks! <hberenson@predictableit.com> wrote in message news:1115152100.041199.199570@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet > printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the > downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for > printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I > do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has > experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just > install the driver and absolutely no other HP software? You could use a compatible printer driver. See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00302767&lc=en#N1001B for a list of printer drivers compatible with various Officejet and PSC units. The Officejet 5510 series does not support PCL; you may have better luck with the printers in the table that have note (1) attached as they all support PCL in so...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the machines which don't work, the page the HP toolbox tries to connect with is "http://127.0.0.1:5225/ToolboxManager/deviceRegistry". This results in a DNS error. The machines that work also connect to the above page, which then redirects to: "http://127.0.0.1:5225/Toolbox2.7/controller/deviceMultiLineStatusDevice/169.254.204.149/DeviceContent.jsp?device=169.254.204.149&cat=0&pos=0" Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software, but that just stopped the printing functionality from working, so I was in a worse state than before. Any ideas appreciated. ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update issues
I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1.... network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it. Thanks for the help, ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached to. On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote... > I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web > jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it > will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I > recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1.... > network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it. > > Thanks for the help, > > ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached > to. Hello, Jack, have you already tried flashing it again? -- mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now. "Christian D�rrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message news:15ryibiszgk85.dlg@73137.user.dfncis.de... > On the seventh day, Jack Matthews...

Unable to install a network HP DeskJet 810C Series printer on a Windows 2000 client
Hi, I'm having trouble installing on a Windows 2000 workstation a "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer" connected to a Windows NT 4 server. I run the "Add printer" wizard on the Windows 2000 workstation, choose to install a network printer, click "Next", the tree displaying all networked hosts and printers appears, I pick the "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer", which is physically connected to a Windows NT 4 server, and then I get the following error: The server on which the "HP DeskJet 810C Series Printer" printer resides does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to install the driver on your local computer, click OK. Then I select "OK" and windows 2000 tries to install the driver, but the following message pops up: The file '*.inf' on (Unknown) is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click 'OK'. From this point, I cannot figure out which is the needed .inf file. The CD-ROM that came with the printer doesn't have any drivers for windows 2000. I refer the dialog box to c:\winnt\system32 , c:\winnt\system, and even to the driver CD provided by HP, but nothing worked. Also, HP's site doesn't have the driver available for download, instead, a message saying that it comes native with windows 2000 is shown. My question is: How do I install the HP DeskJet 810C printer driver on a networked windows 2000 workstation where the p...

HP Single Opteron 2.2 ghz server is faster than HP dual Xeon 3.2 ghz server
The new HP Proliant DL145 server with a single Opteron 2.2 ghz is faster than the HP Proliant DL140 with dual Xeon 3.2 ghz . The dual processor DL145 Opteron server is 57% faster than the dual Xeon DL140. http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/benchmarks/dl145-webbench.pdf "JK" <JK9821@netscape.net> wrote in message news:415A3753.1B431EC1@netscape.net... > The new HP Proliant DL145 server with a single Opteron 2.2 ghz > is faster than the HP Proliant DL140 with dual Xeon 3.2 ghz . > The dual processor DL145 Opteron server is 57% faster > than the dual Xeon DL140. > > > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/benchmarks/dl145-webbench.pdf > As one can see, the two systems were not configured the same. The Xeon isn't even the latest architecture. The Xeon had the older, slower, bus speed (533... come on, been 800 forever now). The older Xeons had 1/2 the L2 cache. Pretty ridiculous comparison. From Spec.org Intel Corporation Intel D925XCV (AA-400) motherboard (3.6 GHz, Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology) 1630 1627 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip with Jul-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config Advanced Micro Devices Tyan Thunder K8QS Pro (S4882), AMD Opteron (TM) 850 1663 1567 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip Sep-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config Top Intel and Top AMD processor are very similar in CPU benchmarking. ...

IBM Servers, HP Servers and Sun Enterprise Servers
Eolparts a.k.a. your favorite "Sun Spot" on the internet offers you only the best services on the widest selection of brand name remanufactured computer hardware. Save up to 80% off the original list price of all Sun Products and Parts! eolparts is a premier global supplier of Sun workstations, Sun Servers and Internet infrastructure hardware. We provide our customers with the highest quality refurbished products paired with an unmatched host of professional services. Our world- class customer service is pivotal in the way we do business by putting our clients=92 needs first; we focus on the end users=92 desired result and work to make that happen in the most cost efficient manner. For more information visit at: - http://www.eolparts.com/ ...

New HP network printers not jetdirect
I got this new printer, HP 2605DN, color, double sided, Postscript, built in network, prints good, what more could I want? Problem is the network interface on these new printers isn't jetdirect, so how do I use it with the Solaris 9 machines? The old hppi chokes and says it is not a network printer. It supposedly supports LPD printing, but attempts to set that up with printmgr failed. Anyone got a clue how to talk to one of these things so I can print color from my Sun workstation like the Windows users? -- Jim Pennino Remove .spam.sux to reply. jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote: >...

Windows 2003 Server on HP Pavillion7695
Hi, I�ve installed Windows 2003 Server in a HP Pavillion 7695 to test it. It share the disk with Windows Xp Pro. I�ve surprised when I realised that I cant�t enter in the BIOS program. It seems to be that W2003 turn on the password option but HP Pavillion 7695 doen�t have this feature, also It disable the flopy and CDRoom start up option. Now I can�t go into the BIOS and the computer secuence start up is only from tha hard disk having a terrible risk in case I need to start up from flopy disk unit o CDRoom. What can I do? Once again my pioiner spirit is making me troubles ...

Printer networking question -- HP Jetdirect?
Hi: I have a HP Laserjet 1200 series printer plugged into the parallel port of one of the two Linux boxes on my home LAN. But the two Linux boxes also run VMware with Win98 or Win2k guests. The Linux box with no printer can print fine to the Linux box with printer. But the VMware guests cannot print via the network. The VMware machines both have host-only networking and bridged networking configured and operating normally. So far I have only been unable to print from the VMware guest on the Linux box with the physical printer connection, using the direct parallel port connection. ...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

HPSBUX02587 SSRT100215 rev.1

Printer addendum for HP printer

How do i install hp 5510 on Windows server 2003
Please tell me on how to install hp 5510 on server 2003. i am not able to install it using the setup disk as it says it can be installed only on desktop OSes. Please help i have bought it new!!!!!!! do a search on hp's web site... if they have a win 2003 server driver, it will be there for download. ...

configure hp external printer server(300x)
Hi, I am having problem configure the HP external printer server(300x) to print on a Epson-8500 printer. The printer print a bunch of garbage after it finished printing the job. It look like the print server was sending garbage to the printer by itself. The reason I know that because I disabled the print queue and garbage still coming out from the printer. Have anyone successful configure the 300x print server before. I am using HP-UX 10.20. Thanks.. ...

Re: Emulex NetJet printer server for HP
> On 10/15/15, Stephen Hoffman<seaohveh@hoffmanlabs.invalid> wrote: > <snip> > There are also USB to Parallel adapters, but whether that works depends > on what sort of printer you're connecting with, and how you're connecting. I am using a relatively cheap USB to Parallel (Centronix) Printer Port cable to connect to an ancient Epson dot-matrix printer, but not from VMS. <snip> > -- > Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC > Norman F. Raphael "Everything worthwhile eventually degenerates into real work." -Murphy ...

HP PSC 950 under Windows Server 2003?
Hi! Has anyone got the HP-PrintCenter program to work under Win Server 2003? I don't really want to buy a new printer for my small home-network, so it would be nice if anyone knows how to get the extra functions to work. Printing is not a problem, but scannning and using the MemoryCrad slots I really need the HP PrintCenter for... olli ...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Web resources about - Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. - comp.sys.hp.hardware

YouTube - Ubuntu 12.04 : Simple Scan [HP Officejet 4500 Desktop]
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

HP's OfficeJet Pro 276dw is a worthy inkjet alternative to small-office lasers
... is faster and cheaper to operate than a comparably prices laser product in the sub-$500 space. A good place to start is with HP's $400 OfficeJet ...

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One
If you can find a desk to accommodate its large size, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus all-in-one printer serves up top-shelf output quality at ...

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One
Compare prices on HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Multifunction Devices from trusted, CNET-certified online merchants at CNET Marketplace ...

HP’s Officejet 8600: Really cheaper than laser?
Yes. And no. Rated at 1.6 cents per page, HP's Officejet 8600 series all-in-one inkjet printers could cost less to operate than a monochrome ...

HP unveils OfficeJet Pro X, Pro 276dw printer lines
Hewlett Packard today announced the worldwide release of the new HP Officejet Pro X, which is, according to the Guinness World Records, the worldís ...

HP introduces Officejet 150 all-in-one mobile printer, Photosmart 5220
... and portable printers , but a combination of the two has been slow in coming. Well, the mobile all-in-one has finally arrived. HP's new Officejet ...

HP OfficeJet Pro, LaserJet Printers Aimed at Small Businesses
HP’s OfficeJet and LaserJet printers offer small businesses productivity and mobile workforce features that allow printing from smartphones and ...

HP Officejet 150: Expensive Shoebox-Size Scanning And Printing
Hewlett-Packard's new inkjet printer and sheetfed scanner combo is smaller than a shoebox, making it a good choice for small offices or people ...

Officejet 6500A E710N Multifunction Printer
Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-In-One Printer also offers faxing, scanning, copying, duplex printing, and printing from a mobile device, using HP ...