changing contiguous strict allocation policy

Hi

i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
my applications) but got the below messages

lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy

I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
and a pvdisk shows enough disk space

i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.

Did i do the right thing?

Rgds

0
yls177 (224)
10/20/2005 4:10:22 AM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4398 articles. 6 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

yls177 wrote:
> Hi
>
> i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
> my applications) but got the below messages
>
> lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
> Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
> Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy
>
> I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
> and a pvdisk shows enough disk space
>

> i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.
>
> Did i do the right thing?
>
> Rgds

Can we have "vgdisplay -v /dev/vgxx" and "lvdisplay -v /dev/vgxx/lvxx" output ?
You must have enough free extents in both used disks if lv is in "strict mode" and do not forget you
need twice the space for mirroring.

0
toto
10/22/2005 10:53:27 AM
Hi !

yls177 wrote:
> i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
> my applications) but got the below messages
>
> lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
> Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
> Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy
>
> I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
> and a pvdisk shows enough disk space
>

> i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.
>
> Did i do the right thing?
You have to do a "lvchange -s n /dev/vgXX/lvolYY", too.

Lars

0
Lars

we already changed using the lvchange commands.

also, i have verified that we have enough space for our lvol. This
resides in 2 separate disks. Each of them has enough disk space too.

Rgds

0
yls177

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

Trying to change ID value in @array
Hi, I'm trying to replace the ID number in my @array. Each entry of addressbook.txt has an ID number, a name and an email address separated by a "|" in this format: 1|Robert|rob@email.com 2|Gerry|gerry@email.com 3|Frank|frank@email.com A user simply inputs a number in a web form, then the data is passed to this deletion script: # Get array entries open (ADDRESSES, "<data/addressbook.txt") or die "Can't open file: $!"; @recipients=<ADDRESSES>; close(ADDRESSES); # Loop to locate and delete entry based on form data foreach $recipients(@recipien...

how cani change font at console window
windows nt 4.0 i edit Lucida console and after that i cant see this font in property ...

How to change PCI interrupts?
We are trying to duplicate an experiment setup which uses QNX 6.1 and I am having some problems with the new computer. I am mostly a software guy, I don't know much about hardware but I believe the problem is about some interrupts clashing. The problem is when the PCI card is initialized and some FIFO open is attempted over the network with another QNX machine, the network goes down. The same cards and programs works fine with the current computers. I tested the new card with the old computers and it works fine. I tested the FIFO part without the PCI initialization and the netwo...

changing CPerl indenting
I would like this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; Changed to this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; My eyes are blurry from looking for the answer. :-) I have cperl-mode on by default and I have the following in .emacs: ;; CPerl not Perl! (fset 'perl-mode 'cperl-mode) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook '(lambda () (cperl-set-style "PerlStyle"))) (setq cperl-hairy t) (setq cperl-indent-level 4) (setq cperl-continued-statement-offset 4) (setq cperl-brace-o...

To change password in Eudora? URGENT!
Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. How can I change password in Eudora too? Thanks <st.lucky@katamail.com> wrote... > Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the > web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. > How can I change password in Eudora too? > Thanks I think this'll do it: In Eudora, click on "Special", then "Forget Password(s)". Now then next time you try to retrieve your email, Eudora will ...

DAQ change frequency while continously outputing sine wave
I have an NI USB DAQ and I can continuously generate a signal. I need to be able to continuously generate a signal and change the frequency from when desired, while still generating a signal. I have not been able to figure out how to change the frequency without shutting down the output first. This is the code I use to continuously generate the data: function [source, lh] = daqWvformControl(freq, signalVoltPk, squareWv, sampleRate, Dur) source = daq.createSession('ni'); source.IsContinuous = true; source.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 0, 'Voltage'); source.Rate...

Changing the field of specialization in Computer Science
Hi all, I have done computer system engineering. I chose the Grid Computing field for doing my undergrad senior design project and worked on an OGSA compliant Replica Location Service for grids. But now I feel that back then I made a wrong choice as I found out later that I wasn't much interested in Grid Computing and found it hard to work in that field. Now I want to pursue Artificial Intelligence during my future work/studies. I want to pursue a masters degree with specialization in AI. My question is that is it possible to change lanes under the above mentioned circumstances...

Trace on change/Signal on change/Call on change
Is ooRexx getting any closer to having a mechanism which could be used to trace when a particular variable or stem variable gets changed (to a particular value)? I don't know whether I'm writing cleverer bugs, or my debugging skills are waning with age, but it is starting to take me days to track down some problems that would be a snip with a variable monitor. I've just fixed such a bug. It took me about three years, because it happened only once a year, on average. Phew! -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Swifty wrote: > Is ...

Changing UDCs online
Hello 3000-l Haven't done this in a long while, have searched the Archives, for more time than I care to relate, zero results: I have a UDC that is being accessed by, say, 70 Users, yet I need to implement a File command and save it so that they get the new version when they next logon. Of course the UDC is set to "*" and I can't save the file- someone know the method of doing this, sorry for any bandwidth- is it in the Archives? Timestamp? Best to all, esp those who got to go to Atlanta! John M Penney Systems Programmer Production Services Information Servi...

Changing the "Zoom" from Ctrl-Alt-Keypad plus/minus
hello, world\n I would like to change the key combination used to "zoom" (cycle through the resolution list). The xorg.conf manpage only says how to disable it: Option "DontZoom" "boolean" This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad- Plus and Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus sequences. These sequences allows you to switch between video modes. When this option is enabled, those key sequences have no special meaning and are passed to clients. Default: off. I need ...

I need a script that will use the DOM to change an actors lines to ....
bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software "grasshopper" <rodger@peguesmusic.com> wrote in message news:1141624160.564209.154880@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no > idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this > info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software > I would approach it with a combination of css and javascript. tag each actor&...

Changing to Applemac
Hi, Could you help me please? I am considering changing to an Applemac from a Dell PC. I have three kids at school who will need to use it too, for homework/internet etc. No big requirements for gaming or anything like that, standard Office accessories used, nothing really fancy, but maybe Dreamweaver. Currently we have a quite powerful Dell PC (loads of memory/disk space etc) and would not want anything less powereful than that. Broadband internet access, whilst needed for several hours per day, is mainly for email, some music, and web research etc. So, what do I need to make the transition...

change color in a bmp image
Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads and image and then changes the color at specified pixels.The pixels that I want to change are saved in a 2d array like that 332 64 332 65 356 67 etc. The original image that i load is pure white and I want to change the pixels color at pixel (332,64),(332,65),(356,67)and so on to black. Is there a function that can change a pixel from 255 to 0 value?How can I do that? Any help would be appreciated. :) kudrah wrote: > Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads > and image and then chang...

changing the GT system ?!
Hi all, is it possible to change the screen refresh to whole screen refresh instead of changed byte refresh which can help DBC code to work with lastest CVS of xharbour ? I have try to look into the GT source code, but have no idea on how to change it Thanks Try to update the GTWIN.C from GTwin, by changing screen update changed character into update whole line which work perfect and display DBC characters correctly. these make me step forward from Dec 2007 CVS, to latest CVS :-) Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Changing mouse into hourglass over all objects including drop downs
I know this works on all objects except drop down boxes. doc = document.all for (i=0;i<doc.length;i++) { doc(i).style.cursor = 'wait'; } Is it possible to make a cursor into an hourglass over a drop down? mcraven.2@wright.edu wrote: > I know this works on all objects except drop down boxes. > > doc = document.all document.all is a proprietary MS feature that has been copied to some extent by other browsers, but can be considered deprecated (since IE 5) in favour of appropriate W3C standards - in this case, document.getElementsByTagName should do the trick but ma...

Changing SMTP Port In Evolution
All: Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers this in the Novell support group... I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to find where to do that. Please advise. Thanks, John "John" <john_tilly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.26.16.00.11.772179@hotmail.com > Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers > this in the Novell support group... > > I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to > find where to do that. > > Ple...

[ruby-gtk2] problem changing menu in Gtk::OptionMenu
Hi all. I need (again) help with ruby-gtk2. I have problems with this little code fragment: --------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'glib2' require 'gtk2' class BotonOpciones < Gtk::OptionMenu def initialize(valores=nil, inicial=nil) super() add_options(valores, inicial) if valores end def add_options(valores, inicial=nil) @valores = valores @valor = inicial || valores[0] # Remove last menu. Is this necesary? if @menu remove_menu @menu.destroy end @items = [] @menu = Gtk::Menu.new grupo = nil @valores.e...

FAQ 8.34: I {changed directory, modified my environment} in a perl script. How come the change disappeared when I exited the script? How do I get my changes to be visible? #2
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.34: I {changed directory, modified my environment} in a perl script. How come the change disappeared when I exited the script? How do I get my changes to be visible? Unix In the strictest sense, it can't be done--the script executes as a different proce...

change fontsize of \latex and change spacing between the two columns in twocolumn-mode
Hello all, I'm having problems to change the fontsize of the titles of my sections (\section{my title}). I'm using the twocolumn, 10pt documentclass, and in my opinion, the size of the titles are way to big compared to the rest. Is it possible to change this? And how do I change the spacing between the two columns. I'd like to large it a bit. thanks a lot for your time guys! -- Peter Peter Billen wrote: > Hello all, > > I'm having problems to change the fontsize of the titles of my > sections (\section{my title}). I'm using the twocolumn, 10pt > docume...

changing the language setting in matlab R2009b
Dear Experts, Straight to the point, is it possible to change the language setting in the panels of matlab r2009b? I bought notebook with Japanese OS, so when I installed the matlab, all the panels like File, Edit, Debug, etc have been automatically changed into Japanese language. Does somebody here know, how to change those Japanese panels into English? I have tried by typing set(0,'lang','en') in command window, but it works only for help info of some functions, but not with the panels. I really do need your help here, please respond this problem ASAP. regards, -bree &q...