changing contiguous strict allocation policy

Hi

i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
my applications) but got the below messages

lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy

I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
and a pvdisk shows enough disk space

i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.

Did i do the right thing?

Rgds

0
yls177 (224)
10/20/2005 4:10:22 AM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

yls177 wrote:
> Hi
>
> i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
> my applications) but got the below messages
>
> lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
> Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
> Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy
>
> I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
> and a pvdisk shows enough disk space
>

> i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.
>
> Did i do the right thing?
>
> Rgds

Can we have "vgdisplay -v /dev/vgxx" and "lvdisplay -v /dev/vgxx/lvxx" output ?
You must have enough free extents in both used disks if lv is in "strict mode" and do not forget you
need twice the space for mirroring.

0
toto
10/22/2005 10:53:27 AM
Hi !

yls177 wrote:
> i was trying to lvextend one of my file system (this belongs to one of
> my applications) but got the below messages
>
> lvextend: Not enough free physical extents available.
> Failure possibly caused by contiguous allocation policy.
> Failure possibly caused by strict allocation policy
>
> I have checked that this logical volume is 2 disks, one is for mirror,
> and a pvdisk shows enough disk space
>

> i did a lvchance -Cn /dev/vgxx/....  before i lvextend.
>
> Did i do the right thing?
You have to do a "lvchange -s n /dev/vgXX/lvolYY", too.

Lars

0
Lars

we already changed using the lvchange commands.

also, i have verified that we have enough space for our lvol. This
resides in 2 separate disks. Each of them has enough disk space too.

Rgds

0
yls177