Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23

Hello,
I am really new to HP-UX!

I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64
bit).
Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23
(PA-RISC, 64 bit)?

Thanks,
Federico
0
Federico
11/29/2010 5:58:25 PM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

Federico Cozzi schreef:
> Hello,
> I am really new to HP-UX!
>
> I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64
> bit).
> Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23
> (PA-RISC, 64 bit)?
>
> Thanks,
> Federico

Federico,

Was it compiled statical or dynamical?

The first has a greater change to work.

Kind regards,

Jan Gerrit
0
Jan
11/29/2010 9:26:33 PM
Federico Cozzi wrote:
> I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64
> bit).
> Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23
> (PA-RISC, 64 bit)?

Unless it is kernel intrusive or has latent bugs, it should work.
HP-UX should be forward compatible.
0
Dennis

correction HP 11 v1 = HP-11.11 and HP 11 v2 = HP11.22 ?
that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) geo cli <gclink@houston.rr.com> wrote: > that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) Actually, that should have been 11.23 :) 11i v1 is PA only, 11iv2 is (will be real soon now) PA and IA. At present it is IA (Itanium) only. rick jones -- Wisdom Teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events. these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :) feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH... HP UX 11i V2 is B.11.23. It is available for both PA RISC and Itanium mac...

HP-UX 11.11 -> 11.23: better not!
Hi, I had reported about trouble when upgrading from 11.11 to 11.23 on an L1000. Meanwhile I have repeated the upgrade, and the machine is running 11.23 fine. However it turned out that our FWD DLT8000 connected through a PCI A4800A (single channel FWD (HVD) SCSI) hba is no longer fully supported. It seems patch PHKL_31507 removed support for that card from the driver. As all the hardware is still fully supported through HP (we are paying periodically for that), I wonder whom HP is fooling? Also, why doesn't the update-ux stop before upgrading the OS if such a device is detected? Further...

HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium HP i2000 Workstation
Hi- I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. ---pat Pat Miller wrote: > I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. > The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. > > I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I > downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. Forget v1.5, it just was some sort of p...

WTB: HP C/aC++ Developers Byndle for HP-UX B.11.11
Hi, I am lookung to buy a copy of the latest C/aC++ developers bundle for HP-UX 11i v1. I need media (September 2008 Application Release CD) and codewords. Thanks On 2013-04-28 01:07:46 +0000, Ian Munro said: > Hi, > > I am lookung to buy a copy of the latest C/aC++ developers bundle for > HP-UX 11i v1. I need media (September 2008 Application Release CD) and > codewords. > > Thanks I'm looking for exactly the same, although i need it for personal usage, and not commercial project, so i can't pay for them. However, i'm not really ne...

HP-UX 11.00 vs. HP-UX 11i
I just started a new job and we're trying to figure out if there's any compelling reason to move to 11i from 11.00 on the PA-RISC architecture. I know 11.00 has been around for more than 5 years now so it only has a very few years left in the life-cycle, I would guess, but that never seems to be a compelling reason for managers. (I was still running a couple of 9.x systems at my previous job and the new employer still has quite a few 10.01 systems in operation, as I've been told.) If we plan to migrate to Itanium at some point, 11i will be a requirement. Aside from potential futur...

High Memory Utilization on HP-UX 11.11 compared to 11.00
A binary which had 2MB memory utilization ("top" figures) on HP-UX 11.00 is showing 20MB memory utilization on HP-UX 11.11. What can be the possible cause of such unusually high memory (10 times) utilization by the same binary? Thanks, Abhishek Hi: Can you give a bit more specific information about this binary such as what SL's is using and what compiler was used? Thank you. "abhishek" <abhishekbiyala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1103543025.298992.208860@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >A binary which had 2MB memory utilization ("top" figur...

CDE/dtlogin differences between HP-UX 11.00 and 11i (11.11)
Hi, I have a HP-UX 11.00 box at work whose dtlogin displays a session menu when clicking on the Option button. This session menu allows to use the Current or Home session and can be extended with more session types. One of our clients have HP-UX 11i boxes whose dtlogin does not display this behavior. We just tried putting the dtlogin binary from HP-UX 11i on the HP-UX 11.00 box and we have the same behavior as our client (no more session than default and failsafe). It seems the dtlogin from 11i does read the files defining new sessions in dt/config/%L/Xresources.d but does not do anything wit...

hp-ux 11.11
Hello How can I send mime attachments (PDF) via sendmail? I can't get it to work. Greetings Peter peterstorm2007@gmail.com wrote: > How can I send mime attachments (PDF) via sendmail? > I can't get it to work. Do you want to send messages with attachments from scripts? YES => you may consider using MIME::Lite perl package from CPAN. -- [pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@onet.eu : anfi@xl.wp.pl I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died. -- Richard Diran ...

X11 and HP-UX 11.11 ?
hello group, I run a workstation under HP-UX 11.11 and X11R6. Is the latter threadsafe ? When I'm trying to compile an X11 app, the Imakefile requires a "Threads.tmpl" and Xos_r.h. Both do not exist in 11.11. Should I fix the app's "include's" because HP-UX's X11 is threadsafe anyway, or should I forget the app because it won't run threadsafe in my environment ? ...

Installing on HP-UX 11.11
Hello, I need immediate help if possible. I am trying to install Kerberos 5 v1.3.1 on HP-UX 11.11 and I am getting the following error in the configure step: configure: WARNING: trying old tcl search code configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result configure: WARNING: netdb.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: netdb.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: netdb.h: proceeding wit...

dccifd on HP-UX 11.11
Hello, use anybody dccifd (Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse) on HP-UX 11.11 ? The clients (SpamAssassin, dccif-test) can't communicate with dccifd (UNIX domain socket) on my machines :-( Greetings Wolfram Greinert -- # Wolfram Greinert # # email: greinert@rz.uni-leipzig.de # Wolfram Greinert wrote: > Hello, > > use anybody dccifd (Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse) on HP-UX 11.11 ? > > The clients (SpamAssassin, dccif-test) can't communicate with dccifd (UNIX > domain socket) on my machines :-( > > Greetings > &...

tightVNC on HP-UX 11.11
Hi, I am trying to install tightVNC on HP-UX 11.11. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vnc-tight/tightvnc-1.2.9-setup.exe?download I get the following error while running make: ------------------ making all in programs/Xserver/hw/vnc... Make: Must be a separator on rules line 6. Stop. *** Error exit code 1 Stop. *** Error exit code 1 Stop. *** Error exit code 1 Stop. ------------- The Makefile looks fine!.. Here are the first few lines of the makefile: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> # 1 "Imakefile.c" # 8 # 1 "../../../../....

xinetd on HP-UX 11.11
Hi, has anyone been able to get xinetd compiled on HP-UX (specifically, 11.11)? When I configure and attempt to make, everything looks good until the xinetd binary is compiled with all the previously compiled objects. Then I get this: gcc -g -O2 -I../libs/include -o xinetd access.o addr.o builtins.o child.o conf.o confparse.o connection.o env.o ident.o init.o int.o intcommon.o internals.o log.o logctl.o main.o msg.o nvlists.o parse.o parsesup.o parsers.o reconfig.o retry.o sconf.o sensor.o server.o service.o signals.o special.o tcpint.o time.o udpint.o util.o redirect.o xgetloadavg.o o...

BBx on HP-ux 11.11
Hello, Im kind of new to the bbx environment on the hp-ux os.. Im used to the old ms-dos basic.. which is a bit different.. I know on old msdos basic you could do a command like Shell"date" and it would execute the dos command... I found a similar command for bbx that goes like this - call "_scall.utl","date" ... it works, but the problem im having is, it requires you to hit enter after it executes... and I dont want it to do that because i want it to be a part of a big program that must run automated at night.... any one know how to disable or get aroun...

Web resources about - Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23 - comp.sys.hp.hpux

Electromagnetic compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the branch of electrical sciences which studies the unintentional generation, propagation and reception ...

Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

E3 2015 New Xbox One Dashboard with DirectX12/Windows 10 + Backwards Compatibility - YouTube
For more big E3 news and clips be sure to subscribe! BIG changes:Cortana, Shortcut, faster UI, Backwards compatible, Cross platform multiplayer ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

iBooks Textbooks compatibility wording hints at imminent Mavericks arrival, iPhone support
The compatibility requirements for iBooks Author titles in iTunes have changed, potentially hinting at both the imminent launch of Apple’s upcoming ...