HPSBMU02708 SSRT100633 rev.1 - HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows, Remote Cross Site Scripting (XSS)

SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - SECURITY BULLETIN

Document ID: c03035744
Version: 1

HPSBMU02708 SSRT100633 rev.1 - HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows, Remote Cross Site Scripting (XSS)

NOTICE: The information in this Security Bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible.

Release Date: 2011-11-10
Last Updated: 2011-11-10

Potential Security Impact: Remote cross site scripting (XSS)

Source: Hewlett-Packard Company, HP Software Security Response Team

VULNERABILITY SUMMARY
Potential security vulnerabilities have been identified with HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows. The vulnerabilities could be remotely exploited resulting in cross site scripting (XSS).

SUPPORTED SOFTWARE VERSIONS*: ONLY impacted versions are listed.
HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) v9.0x, v9.1x for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows

BACKGROUND

CVSS 2.0 Base Metrics
  Reference              Base Vector             Base Score
CVE-2011-4155    (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N)       4.3
CVE-2011-4156    (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N)       4.3
             Information on CVSS is documented
            in HP Customer Notice: HPSN-2008-002

RESOLUTION

HP has made a patches available to resolve these vulnerabilities for NNMi 9.0x. HP has made hotfixes available to resolve these vulnerabilities for NNMi 9.1x. The patches are available here: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/patches The hotfixes can be obtained by contacting the normal HP Services support channel.

For NNMi 9.0x

Operating System
 Patch

HP-UX
 PHSS_42328

Linux
 NNM900L_00005

Solaris
 NNM900S_00005

Windows
 NNM900W_00005

For NNMi 9.1x

Operating System
 Hotfix Identifier

HP-UX
 QCCR1B94799

Linux
 QCCR1B94799

Solaris
 QCCR1B94799

Windows
 QCCR1B94799

NNMi v9.1x Required Patches

QCCR1B94799 can be applied to the unpatched NNMi v9.1x or to NNMi v9.1x with patch 1 or patch 2.

MANUAL ACTIONS: Yes - NonUpdate

For NNMi 9.1x, install the QCCR1B94799 hotfix.

PRODUCT SPECIFIC INFORMATION

HP-UX Software Assistant: HP-UX Software Assistant is an enhanced application that replaces HP-UX Security Patch Check. It analyzes all Security Bulletins issued by HP and lists recommended actions that may apply to a specific HP-UX system. It can also download patches and create a depot automatically. For more information see: https://www.hp.com/go/swa

The following text is for use by the HP-UX Software Assistant.

AFFECTED VERSIONS (for HP-UX)

For HP-UX NNMi v9.0x

HP-UX B.11.31
HP-UX B.11.23 (IA)
=============
HPOvNNM.HPOVNNMUI
action: install PHSS_42328

For HP-UX NNMi v9.1x

HP-UX B.11.31
HP-UX B.11.23 (IA)
=============
HPOvNNM.HPOVNNMUI
action: install hotfix QCCR1B94799

END AFFECTED VERSIONS (for HP-UX)

HISTORY
Version:1 (rev.1) - 10 November 2011 Initial release

Third Party Security Patches: Third party security patches that are to be installed on systems running HP software products should be applied in accordance with the customer's patch management policy.

Support: For issues about implementing the recommendations of this Security Bulletin, contact normal HP Services support channel.  For other issues about the content of this Security Bulletin, send e-mail to security-alert@hp.com.

Report: To report a potential security vulnerability with any HP supported product, send Email to: security-alert@hp.com

Security Bulletin List: A list of HP Security Bulletins, updated periodically, is contained in HP Security Notice HPSN-2011-001: https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c02964430

Security Bulletin Archive: A list of recently released Security Bulletins is available here: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/secBullArchive/

Software Product Category: The Software Product Category is represented in the title by the two characters following HPSB.

3C = 3COM
3P = 3rd Party Software
GN = HP General Software
HF = HP Hardware and Firmware
MP = MPE/iX
MU = Multi-Platform Software
NS = NonStop Servers
OV = OpenVMS
PI = Printing and Imaging
PV = ProCurve
ST = Storage Software
TU = Tru64 UNIX
UX = HP-UX

Copyright 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
Hewlett-Packard Company shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The information provided is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, neither HP or its affiliates, subcontractors or suppliers will be liable for incidental,special or consequential damages including downtime cost; lost profits;damages relating to the procurement of substitute products or services; or damages for loss of data, or software restoration. The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Hewlett-Packard Company and the names of Hewlett-Packard products referenced herein are trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company in the United States and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.

--
Yours truly,
HP S/W Security Team

comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

DataArchitect 4.1 for DB2 on LINUX/SOLARIS/WINDOWS/MAC OS/HPUX
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- 16 December 2008 -- theKompany.com, producers and distributors of high-quality open source and commercial Linux software, are pleased to announce the release of DataArchitect 4.1. DataArchitect is a powerful tool that provides ERD capability like PowerDesigner as well as the ability to graphically reverse engineer, create and modify a database through ODBC and perform advanced SQL functions. For a single price you get all the supported platforms, Linux (32, 64 bit and PowerPC), Solaris, Windows (32 and 64 bit), HP- UX and Mac OS X. Discover what databa...

DataArchitect 4.1 for Oracle on LINUX/SOLARIS/WINDOWS/MAC OS/HPUX
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- 16 December 2008 -- theKompany.com, producers and distributors of high-quality open source and commercial Linux software, are pleased to announce the release of DataArchitect 4.1. DataArchitect is a powerful tool that provides ERD capability like PowerDesigner as well as the ability to graphically reverse engineer, create and modify a database through ODBC and perform advanced SQL functions. For a single price you get all the supported platforms, Linux (32, 64 bit and PowerPC), Solaris, Windows (32 and 64 bit), HP- UX and Mac OS X. Discover what database professionals have known for years - that enterprise databases are designed with enterprise modeling tools. Why has this been a secret for so many? Why do so many labor with buckets full of error prone, undocumented, SQL? Well it seems no one has been able to pack the features of a quality data modeling tool into a product at an accessible price - not until now. Data Architect is an emerging enterprise tool for designing databases at all levels of an organization using the same concepts found in tools costing thousands of dollars! Major Features: * Workspace/Project oriented environment * ERD centric data modeling * Logical Data Model * Physical Data Model (Oracle, ODBC, SQL92, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, FireBird, MS SQL, SQLBase) * model panner ('birds eye view') * quick find and navigation from output window * model validation * full documentation capabili...

DataArchitect 4.1 for Oracle on LINUX/SOLARIS/WINDOWS/MAC OS/HPUX
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- 16 December 2008 -- theKompany.com, producers and distributors of high-quality open source and commercial Linux software, are pleased to announce the release of DataArchitect 4.1. DataArchitect is a powerful tool that provides ERD capability like PowerDesigner as well as the ability to graphically reverse engineer, create and modify a database through ODBC and perform advanced SQL functions. For a single price you get all the supported platforms, Linux (32, 64 bit and PowerPC), Solaris, Windows (32 and 64 bit), HP- UX and Mac OS X. Discover what databa...

DataArchitect 4.1 for SQL Server on LINUX/SOLARIS/WINDOWS/MAC OS/HPUX
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- 16 December 2008 -- theKompany.com, producers and distributors of high-quality open source and commercial Linux software, are pleased to announce the release of DataArchitect 4.1. DataArchitect is a powerful tool that provides ERD capability like PowerDesigner as well as the ability to graphically reverse engineer, create and modify a database through ODBC and perform advanced SQL functions. For a single price you get all the supported platforms, Linux (32, 64 bit and PowerPC), Solaris, Windows (32 and 64 bit), HP- UX and Mac OS X. Discover what database profess...

SSRT4829 rev.0

HPSBUX02768 SSRT100664 rev.1

SSRT4795, SSRT4797, SSRT4864 rev.0

Cross-site scripting (XSS) defense

Managing Linux Systems from Inside Windows Networks
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20051025/tc_zd/163526;_ylt=AqWQ0w65G.hxfaWaM8WCw6qor7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA-- >Likewise is designed to allow administrators to perform basic sysadmin >tasks for Linux systems from a Windows console in a simple and relatively >inexpensive fashion, company principals explained. Lower-end enterprise >and mid-market users are the target for the product, Centeris officials >said. Look a product for those clueless Windows admins. Freeride wrote: > http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20051025/tc_zd/163526;_ylt=AqWQ0w65G.hxfaWaM8WCw6qor7oF;...

Script on remote shut the windows pc from Linux
I have to remotely shut the windows px from linux box. I run OpenSSH on windows PC. I remotely connect it from Linux box using ..... ssh Admin@IP_ADDR # connects me fine now without problems (LOCAL) Next, I wrote a script that would log me in and also shut the windows pc down, so I wrote a script ssh Admin@IP_ADDR # connects me fine now without problems (LOCAL) shutdown -s # This is a windows command (REMOTE) Now, when I run this script, it successfully logs me into the windows box but doesn't run the second part of the script which is to shut down the windows PC. ...

Reports on Linux with mono 1.1.1 and Windows .NET
What do you suggest? Thanks. ...

Trouble Installing Linux/Cisco VPN Client Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] ...

Python script for remotely shutting down Windows PC from Linux ?
I am a newbie in Python and want your help in writing python script. I have to remotely shut the windows px from linux box. I run OpenSSH on windows PC. I remotely connect it from Linux box using ..... ssh Admin@IP_ADDR # connects me fine now without problems (LOCAL) Next, I wrote a script that would log me in and also shut the windows pc down, so I wrote a script ssh Admin@IP_ADDR # connects me fine now without problems (LOCAL) shutdown -s # This is a windows command (REMOTE) Now, when I run this script, it successfully logs me into the windows box but doesn't run ...

[News] Wine Reaches 1.1.1, GNU/Linux Runs in Windows

Centos XP windows network DHCP DNS Zonealarm Conflicts -> can talk linux to windows network OR www not both
Centos 5.1 Windows XPSP2 Zonealarm Firewall Standard Windows workgroup. Router with DHCP server. Set centos for DHCP Zonealarm off System works. Turn on Zonealarm on XP, Centos is blocked from contacting XP. Put Centos IP address into Zonealarm trusted zone. Everything works...until reboot when Centos gets a new IP. Don't know how to give Centos a traditional windows workgroup hostname that I can put into Zonealarm...no problem, just use fixed IP address. Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't connect to the web. Is there a workaround to make all...

How to use Windows 2000 to execute shell script on remote linux machine
Hi All, Does anyone know what is the best secured option I've got in order to achive th above ? Is there any ssh step by step configuration guide ? Thanks in advance, Amir asulin asulin@bigfoot.com ...

Clean 2.1.0 available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris
Clean 2.1.0 is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (Intel) and Solaris (Sparc) at <http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/Download/main/main.htm>. New in 2.1.0 (compared to version 2.0.2): � Abstract synonym types. Example (in a dcl module): :: Abs (:== Int) means that Abs is abstract during type checking, but its implementation can be used by the compiler to generate more efficient code. � Boxed records. Example: the exclamation mark in :: R = !{f1 :: Int, f2 :: Int} indicates that values of type R should always stay boxed, in particular when passed as a strict argument to a funct...

XSS / Cross Site Scripting Attacks Fixed $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?
Are the XSS / Cross Site Scripting attacks fixed in Version 4.44? I'm seeing that $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] doesn't return the $_SERVER['HTTP_QUERYSTRING'] appended to it. I was just messing with a few things and noticed that PHP_SELF returns only the page name now and without the $_GET query... http://blog.phpdoc.info/archives/13-XSS-Woes.html Any comments on this are appreciated. Thanks. -- Jim Carlock Post replies to the group. Hi, When using PHP_SELF, I would suggest encoding it appropriately. For instance: <form action="<?= htmlentities($_SER...

Comcast has two sites: one based on Solaris and Linux, the other on Windows
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.comcast.com http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.comcast.net "Two teenagers who say they hijacked Comcast's Web portal on Thursday also say they expect to be arrested for their actions." [...] http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9956165-7.html -RFH On Fri, 30 May 2008 19:34:41 -0700, Ramon F Herrera wrote: > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.comcast.com > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.comcast.net > > "Two teenagers who say they hijacked Comcast's Web portal on Thursday > a...

Help with campus network design 1 main site, 7 remote over fiber GigE
My boss just told me there is an extra $130K in the budget and that he wants to purchse new equipment to connect our 8 buildings. We have fiber between the buildings currently running 100mbps, he is upgrading the service to gigabit between the buildings and replacing all the vendor owned switches with our own. Our goal is to provide gigabit between buildings and to the desktop. We have 1,300 users, and we plan to do everything from VOIP, to video on demand and deployment of applications over the network with SMS. I'm the net admin and I've installed cisco routers, switches, and fire...

Remote Network Watcher 1.1.2
Remote Network Watcher is a new sophisticated software designed by Softinventive Lab. This tool is "must-have" or any diligent System Administrator who provides flawless performance to his network. Should any of the network computers, servers or system utilities fail to perform, Remote Network Watcher will immediately alert you about such failures and errors. It will also automatically produce the necessary actions to improve the irregularity or error to restore perfect network performance. Don't worry about troubles with computer or utility work, now you have an oppor...

Remote Network Watcher 1.1.3
Remote Network Watcher is a new sophisticated software designed by Softinventive Lab. This tool is "must-have" or any diligent System Administrator who provides flawless performance to his network. Should any of the network computers, servers or system utilities fail to perform, Remote Network Watcher will immediately alert you about such failures and errors. It will also automatically produce the necessary actions to improve the irregularity or error to restore perfect network performance. Don't worry about troubles with computer or utility work, now you have an opportu...

Remote Network Watcher 1.1.3
Remote Network Watcher is a new sophisticated software designed by Softinventive Lab. This tool is "must-have" or any diligent System Administrator who provides flawless performance to his network. Should any of the network computers, servers or system utilities fail to perform, Remote Network Watcher will immediately alert you about such failures and errors. It will also automatically produce the necessary actions to improve the irregularity or error to restore perfect network performance. Don't worry about troubles with computer or utility work, now you have an opportu...

US-TX-Austin: Network Engineer/IT Manager, Windows 2000, Linux, Backend Publishi (45319032404)
US-TX-Austin: Network Engineer/IT Manager, Windows 2000, Linux, Backend Publishi (45319032404) ============================================================================================== Position: Network Administrator Reference: RLM00007 Location: Austin TX Duration: Possible Contract to Perm Skills: Windows 2000 Linux Back end Publishing Web Scripting (PHP Scripting) Scope: Administer a network of 40-50 users, provide technical support, and do backend publishing. Please send your current resume in con...

US-TX-Austin: Network Engineer/IT Manager, Windows 2000, Linux, Backend Publishi (45319914407)
US-TX-Austin: Network Engineer/IT Manager, Windows 2000, Linux, Backend Publishi (45319914407) ============================================================================================== Position: Network Administrator Reference: RLM00007 Location: Austin TX Duration: Possible Contract to Perm Skills: Windows 2000 Linux Back end Publishing Web Scripting (PHP Scripting) Scope: Administer a network of 40-50 users, provide technical support, and do backend publishing. Please send your curr...

Web resources about - HPSBMU02708 SSRT100633 rev.1 - HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows, Remote Cross Site Scripting (XSS) - comp.sys.hp.hpux