Installing Apache on Hp l1000

Hi,

I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.

Question,
1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
helpful.
ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
what command to run to actually install it.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.

Many Thanks

Gareth.

comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

stumped wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
> The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.
>
> Question,
> 1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
> experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
> helpful.
> ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
> what command to run to actually install it.
>
> Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Gareth.

Go to http://software.hp.com and search for apache.  You will find many
versions of it for HP-UX for free.  I would guess the one you would want
is here:
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXWSATW216

As for how to install it, there are instructions here:
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/faq_general.do#q4

Also, it would be good for you to read the swinstall man page.

Regards,
Marc
0
Marc
10/17/2006 2:32:00 PM
Marc Jacobsen wrote:
> stumped wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
>> The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.
>>
>> Question,
>> 1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
>> experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
>> helpful.
>> ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
>> what command to run to actually install it.
>>
>> Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Gareth.
>>

> Go to http://software.hp.com and search for apache.  You will find many
> versions of it for HP-UX for free.  I would guess the one you would want
> is here:
> http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXWSATW216
>

> As for how to install it, there are instructions here:
> http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/faq_general.do#q4
>
> Also, it would be good for you to read the swinstall man page.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

By the way, if you meant HP-UX 11.0, (as opposed to 11i a.k.a. 11.11),
my previous advice may be wrong.  There may not be a version for HP-UX
11.0 there.

In that case I am not so sure, but I would check out the HP-UX porting
and archiving center, http://hpux.connect.org.uk/.

Unfortunately it seems the only version they have for HP-UX 11.0 is from
2002, so I am sure there have been security fixes since then.  Hopefully
someone else can help you find a newer version that is ready to install.

Sorry if my advice led you in the wrong direction.

Regards,
Marc
0
Marc

xp sp3 hp deskjet D1300 Hp Installer option plug-In install error
xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 not installation problem hp option Installer plug-in error report xp sp1 no problem hp deskjet d1300 install xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 installation error hp installer option plug-In has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. caps 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg' (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printss.jpg' (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printss.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

[...]

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the ma...

HP: We May Install WebOS onto Every HP PC.
~~ HP: We May Install WebOS onto Every HP PC. Chief executive officer of Hewlett Packard said that the company’s plan is to be able to install its webOS operating system that the company got with the acquisition of Palm onto all HP-branded personal computers next year. Speaking at a press conference in India, Leo Apotheker, the head of HP, said that Starting next year, every one of the PCs shipped by HP will include the ability to run WebOS in addition to Microsoft Corp.’s Windows, reports Bloomberg Businessweek. The company believes that webOS will provide better user experience in ma...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

Web resources about - Installing Apache on Hp l1000 - comp.sys.hp.hpux

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper