Multiple Character devices for single block device

Hello,
         I have a system where I have a character device and
corrosponding character device. can I create one more character
device? my aim is to get

#ioscan -funC disk  | grep dev | head -1

/dev/dsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/some_name001

Regards,
Harshal

0
p.harshal (40)
5/30/2007 5:11:10 PM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

On May 30, 10:11 pm, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>          I have a system where I have a character device and
> corrosponding character device. can I create one more character
> device? my aim is to get
>
> #ioscan -funC disk  | grep dev | head -1
>
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/some_name001
>
> Regards,
> Harshal

Opps one typo there,
I want to have a one block device file and  two character device files
for the same physical device.

0
Harshal
5/30/2007 5:26:20 PM
On May 30, 1:26 pm, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 10:11 pm, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >          I have a system where I have a character device and
> > corrosponding character device. can I create one more character
> > device? my aim is to get
>
> > #ioscan -funC disk  | grep dev | head -1
>
> > /dev/dsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0  /dev/rdsk/some_name001
>
> > Regards,
> > Harshal
>
> Opps one typo there,
> I want to have a one block device file and  two character device files
> for the same physical device.

Harshal, you bet.  Do an ll /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 to get the major and
minor number.  Then use mknod(1m) like "mknod /dev/rdsk/some_name001 c
major# minor#".

Take care,

HP_ASC

0