ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit

Hi All.

We have an application here on HP-UX, which uses the ttrace() system
call to attach to all running processes with the exception of itself.
It works just fine on 11.00 32/64 bit, and on 11.11 32 bit.  On 11.11
64-bit, however, signal delivery within the application is delayed,
sometimes by hours, and once it took a week (!!).

This is built on a 32-bit 11.11 system, and runs on 64-bit 11.11 box.
Same scheme works just fine for 11.00 systems.

Any ideas?  Is there any other place I can post this to get more
information?

Thanks.

0
sivanyuk (2)
12/7/2004 6:12:42 PM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

The following is the response from the ttrace folks:

"The description here is really vague. As such there is no difference
between a 32bit and a 64bit app. Maybe an example program that demonstrates
the behavior would be good."

Can you provide an example program that demonstrates this behaviour? I
haven't seen this problem in the debugger which uses ttrace extensively on
both 32-bit and 64-bit apps.

-Himabindu Vuppula

"Sergey Ivanyuk" <sivanyuk@isogon.com> wrote in message
> Hi All.
>
> We have an application here on HP-UX, which uses the ttrace() system
> call to attach to all running processes with the exception of itself.
> It works just fine on 11.00 32/64 bit, and on 11.11 32 bit.  On 11.11
> 64-bit, however, signal delivery within the application is delayed,
> sometimes by hours, and once it took a week (!!).
>
> This is built on a 32-bit 11.11 system, and runs on 64-bit 11.11 box.
> Same scheme works just fine for 11.00 systems.
>
> Any ideas?  Is there any other place I can post this to get more
> information?
>
> Thanks.

0
Himabindu

ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit #2
Hi All. We have an application here on HP-UX, which uses the ttrace() system call to attach to all running processes with the exception of itself. It works just fine on 11.00 32/64 bit, and on 11.11 32 bit. On 11.11 64-bit, however, signal delivery within the application is delayed, sometimes by hours, and once it took a week (!!). This is built on a 32-bit 11.11 system, and runs on 64-bit 11.11 box. Same scheme works just fine for 11.00 systems. Any ideas? Is there any other place I can post this to get more information? Thanks. ...

Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23
Hello, I am really new to HP-UX! I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 bit). Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? Thanks, Federico Federico Cozzi schreef: > Hello, > I am really new to HP-UX! > > I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 > bit). > Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 > (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? > > Thanks, > Federico Federico, Was it compiled statical or dynamical? The first...

signal delivery in HP-UX 11.11
Hi, I am Ravi Nandibhatla from India. I am trying to send a SIGTSTP signal to the process. But this is always getting handled by the thread instead of the process as a whole. The same program when tried on Solaris machine (with minor changes in functions), I could get the program suspended. Please let me know 1) why is this difference between HP-UX & Solaris ? 2) Which one of HP-UX & Solaris, is fully POSIX compliant while talking about POSIX threads ? Below is the sample program I wrote. /* ============== cut here ===================== */ #include <signal.h> #include <p...

Where is yyextra on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit?
One of our binaries is using Lex and Yacc functionality. We link it against libl and liby. However when linking we're getting a warning: ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "yyextra" in file /usr/lib/pa20_64/ libl.sl And when the binary is invoked we get: /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'yyextra' in load module '/usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.2' We are on HP-UX 11.11 in 64-bit mode (DA2.0W). When I apply "what" command to libl.sl and liby.sl I get: $ what /usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.sl /usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.sl: A.11.01.00 HP C LANGUAGE TOOL LIBRA...

correction HP 11 v1 = HP-11.11 and HP 11 v2 = HP11.22 ?
that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) geo cli <gclink@houston.rr.com> wrote: > that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) Actually, that should have been 11.23 :) 11i v1 is PA only, 11iv2 is (will be real soon now) PA and IA. At present it is IA (Itanium) only. rick jones -- Wisdom Teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events. these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :) feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH... HP UX 11i V2 is B.11.23. It is available for both PA RISC and Itanium mac...

Error building Tk-804.026/27 on 64-bit HP-UX 11.11
Hi, I'm trying to build Tk-804.026 or Tk-804.027 on HP-UX 11.11 64 bit. It fails in during the build of libpng with errors below. It seems that everything else is built with compiler flag '+DD64', including zlib, but for some reason libpng seems to not have the correct flags... Any help would be appreciated /users/global/cokm/build/Tk-804.026/PNG/libpng ar rc libpng.a png.o pngset.o pngget.o pngrutil.o pngtrans.o pngwutil.o pngread.o pngrio.o pngwio.o pngwrite.o pngrtran.o pngwtran.o pngmem.o pngerror.o pngpread.o : libpng.a cc +Z -c -I.....

How to compile Apache 2 as 64 bit on Sun/Solaris 8 and HP-UX 11.11 platforms
Hi all, I am currently using the following settings: PLATFORMS: Sun/Solaris 8 and HP-UX 11.11 APACHE HTTP SERVER VERSION: 2.0.49 By defatuls, Apache is compiled as 32 bits, so I am wondering if there is any option to compile it as 64 bits? Thank you very much for any input! Edward ...

blessing (?) ends up in bus error in Crypt::Random tests on a 64-bit HP-UX.11.11
Hi, I've tried to compile Crypt::Random on 64-bit HP-UX.11.11 and the tests fail in 'pari_misfeature.t' test script. I don't have any random devices nor the egd at my disposal so the Crypt::Random falls right into the 'rand' function. I've tracked the error to Crypt::Random::Provider::rand package and into its constructor. The code goes like this: Crypt::Random tries to load a random number provider: . . my $po = $loader->_load ( Module => "Crypt::Random::Provider::$provider", Args => [ %params ] ) ...

HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium HP i2000 Workstation
Hi- I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. ---pat Pat Miller wrote: > I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. > The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. > > I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I > downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. Forget v1.5, it just was some sort of p...

HP-UX 11.11 -> 11.23: better not!
Hi, I had reported about trouble when upgrading from 11.11 to 11.23 on an L1000. Meanwhile I have repeated the upgrade, and the machine is running 11.23 fine. However it turned out that our FWD DLT8000 connected through a PCI A4800A (single channel FWD (HVD) SCSI) hba is no longer fully supported. It seems patch PHKL_31507 removed support for that card from the driver. As all the hardware is still fully supported through HP (we are paying periodically for that), I wonder whom HP is fooling? Also, why doesn't the update-ux stop before upgrading the OS if such a device is detected? Further...

WTB: HP C/aC++ Developers Byndle for HP-UX B.11.11
Hi, I am lookung to buy a copy of the latest C/aC++ developers bundle for HP-UX 11i v1. I need media (September 2008 Application Release CD) and codewords. Thanks On 2013-04-28 01:07:46 +0000, Ian Munro said: > Hi, > > I am lookung to buy a copy of the latest C/aC++ developers bundle for > HP-UX 11i v1. I need media (September 2008 Application Release CD) and > codewords. > > Thanks I'm looking for exactly the same, although i need it for personal usage, and not commercial project, so i can't pay for them. However, i'm not really ne...

HP-UX 11.00 vs. HP-UX 11i
I just started a new job and we're trying to figure out if there's any compelling reason to move to 11i from 11.00 on the PA-RISC architecture. I know 11.00 has been around for more than 5 years now so it only has a very few years left in the life-cycle, I would guess, but that never seems to be a compelling reason for managers. (I was still running a couple of 9.x systems at my previous job and the new employer still has quite a few 10.01 systems in operation, as I've been told.) If we plan to migrate to Itanium at some point, 11i will be a requirement. Aside from potential futur...

CDE/dtlogin differences between HP-UX 11.00 and 11i (11.11)
Hi, I have a HP-UX 11.00 box at work whose dtlogin displays a session menu when clicking on the Option button. This session menu allows to use the Current or Home session and can be extended with more session types. One of our clients have HP-UX 11i boxes whose dtlogin does not display this behavior. We just tried putting the dtlogin binary from HP-UX 11i on the HP-UX 11.00 box and we have the same behavior as our client (no more session than default and failsafe). It seems the dtlogin from 11i does read the files defining new sessions in dt/config/%L/Xresources.d but does not do anything wit...

High Memory Utilization on HP-UX 11.11 compared to 11.00
A binary which had 2MB memory utilization ("top" figures) on HP-UX 11.00 is showing 20MB memory utilization on HP-UX 11.11. What can be the possible cause of such unusually high memory (10 times) utilization by the same binary? Thanks, Abhishek Hi: Can you give a bit more specific information about this binary such as what SL's is using and what compiler was used? Thank you. "abhishek" <abhishekbiyala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1103543025.298992.208860@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >A binary which had 2MB memory utilization ("top" figur...

Web resources about - ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit - comp.sys.hp.hpux

Delivery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ThoughtWorks Microsite on Continuous Delivery
ThoughtWorks has launched a microsite devoted to Continuous Delivery . At the moment you’ll find some short videos from the ThoughtWorks Live ...

Facebook Offers Midnight Message Delivery For New Year’s Eve
... to get on their mobile devices or computers, can now take care of such matters in advance thanks to the social network’s Midnight Message Delivery ...

OnePlus promises sub-60 minute delivery in London
If you really dislike delivery times, happen to want a new smartphone in the next couple of days, and live in London UK, then OnePlus is running ...

Amazon continues to plow ahead with its Prime Air drone delivery system
... though Amazon is facing a number of regulatory hurdles, the online retailer is still traveling full speed ahead on its Prime Air drone delivery ...

Alibaba Group Could Enter Deal with Rival Tencent for Food Delivery Startup
Bidness ETC Alibaba Group Could Enter Deal with Rival Tencent for Food Delivery Startup Bidness ETC Alibaba has shown interest in food delivery ...

Seattle mayor backs marijuana delivery bill
An Enumclaw Democrat has introduced a bill to legalize marijuana delivery in Seattle, a service that is currently against the law under I-502. ...

Delivery Hero Said to Pick Citigroup, Goldman Sachs for IPO
Delivery Hero Holding GmbH, the online food delivery startup partly owned by Rocket Internet SE, has picked three banks including Citigroup Inc. ...

Uber is launching its food delivery app in 10 cities — and it could pose a huge threat to food delivery ...
Uber is preparing to launch UberEats, its standalone food delivery app, in 10 US cities, The Wall Street Journal's Doug Macmillan reports. Los ...

After many promises, Microsoft accelerates Windows 10 preview delivery
Microsoft yesterday issued a new Windows 10 preview to its Insider testers, making good at least in one instance on a December promise to quicken ...