ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit #2

Hi All.

We have an application here on HP-UX, which uses the ttrace() system
call to attach to all running processes with the exception of itself.
It works just fine on 11.00 32/64 bit, and on 11.11 32 bit.  On 11.11
64-bit, however, signal delivery within the application is delayed,
sometimes by hours, and once it took a week (!!).

This is built on a 32-bit 11.11 system, and runs on 64-bit 11.11 box.
Same scheme works just fine for 11.00 systems.

Any ideas?  Is there any other place I can post this to get more
information?

Thanks.

0
sivanyuk (2)
12/7/2004 6:12:58 PM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4408 articles. 1 followers. dewi.bening (7) is leader. Post Follow

ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit
Hi All. We have an application here on HP-UX, which uses the ttrace() system call to attach to all running processes with the exception of itself. It works just fine on 11.00 32/64 bit, and on 11.11 32 bit. On 11.11 64-bit, however, signal delivery within the application is delayed, sometimes by hours, and once it took a week (!!). This is built on a 32-bit 11.11 system, and runs on 64-bit 11.11 box. Same scheme works just fine for 11.00 systems. Any ideas? Is there any other place I can post this to get more information? Thanks. The following is the response from the ttrace folks: ...

Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23
Hello, I am really new to HP-UX! I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 bit). Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? Thanks, Federico Federico Cozzi schreef: > Hello, > I am really new to HP-UX! > > I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 > bit). > Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 > (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? > > Thanks, > Federico Federico, Was it compiled statical or dynamical? The first...

How to compile Apache 2 as 64 bit on Sun/Solaris 8 and HP-UX 11.11 platforms
Hi all, I am currently using the following settings: PLATFORMS: Sun/Solaris 8 and HP-UX 11.11 APACHE HTTP SERVER VERSION: 2.0.49 By defatuls, Apache is compiled as 32 bits, so I am wondering if there is any option to compile it as 64 bits? Thank you very much for any input! Edward ...

signal delivery in HP-UX 11.11
Hi, I am Ravi Nandibhatla from India. I am trying to send a SIGTSTP signal to the process. But this is always getting handled by the thread instead of the process as a whole. The same program when tried on Solaris machine (with minor changes in functions), I could get the program suspended. Please let me know 1) why is this difference between HP-UX & Solaris ? 2) Which one of HP-UX & Solaris, is fully POSIX compliant while talking about POSIX threads ? Below is the sample program I wrote. /* ============== cut here ===================== */ #include <signal.h> #include <p...

Where is yyextra on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit?
One of our binaries is using Lex and Yacc functionality. We link it against libl and liby. However when linking we're getting a warning: ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "yyextra" in file /usr/lib/pa20_64/ libl.sl And when the binary is invoked we get: /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'yyextra' in load module '/usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.2' We are on HP-UX 11.11 in 64-bit mode (DA2.0W). When I apply "what" command to libl.sl and liby.sl I get: $ what /usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.sl /usr/lib/pa20_64/libl.sl: A.11.01.00 HP C LANGUAGE TOOL LIBRA...

correction HP 11 v1 = HP-11.11 and HP 11 v2 = HP11.22 ?
that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) geo cli <gclink@houston.rr.com> wrote: > that HP11.33 shoulb have been HP11.22 ( or HP11.21?) Actually, that should have been 11.23 :) 11i v1 is PA only, 11iv2 is (will be real soon now) PA and IA. At present it is IA (Itanium) only. rick jones -- Wisdom Teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events. these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :) feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH... HP UX 11i V2 is B.11.23. It is available for both PA RISC and Itanium mac...

Error building Tk-804.026/27 on 64-bit HP-UX 11.11
Hi, I'm trying to build Tk-804.026 or Tk-804.027 on HP-UX 11.11 64 bit. It fails in during the build of libpng with errors below. It seems that everything else is built with compiler flag '+DD64', including zlib, but for some reason libpng seems to not have the correct flags... Any help would be appreciated /users/global/cokm/build/Tk-804.026/PNG/libpng ar rc libpng.a png.o pngset.o pngget.o pngrutil.o pngtrans.o pngwutil.o pngread.o pngrio.o pngwio.o pngwrite.o pngrtran.o pngwtran.o pngmem.o pngerror.o pngpread.o : libpng.a cc +Z -c -I.....

blessing (?) ends up in bus error in Crypt::Random tests on a 64-bit HP-UX.11.11
Hi, I've tried to compile Crypt::Random on 64-bit HP-UX.11.11 and the tests fail in 'pari_misfeature.t' test script. I don't have any random devices nor the egd at my disposal so the Crypt::Random falls right into the 'rand' function. I've tracked the error to Crypt::Random::Provider::rand package and into its constructor. The code goes like this: Crypt::Random tries to load a random number provider: . . my $po = $loader->_load ( Module => "Crypt::Random::Provider::$provider", Args => [ %params ] ) ...

64-bit Python 2.3.latest on HP-UX 11.23: success
Hi all, This message is to let you know that I have successfully compiled the latest sources from the 2.3 branch on the abovementioned OS using the HP ansiC compiler version 5.50. Final status: success, it works fine --- The procedure: 1. Get the latest sources of 2.3 cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python co -r \ release23-maint python 2. Install the 64-bit OpenSSH downloaded from HP 3. Run configure script with additional CFLAGS export CFLAGS="-Ae +DD64 -mt -O0 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 " ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/aCCPytho...

hp 11.11 64 bit python 2.5 build gets error "import site failed"
I am on a hp 11.11 machine doing a 64 bit python 2.5 build. When I get my python executable created and run it, I get the error: "import site failed" OverflowError: signed integer is greater than the maximum. This is happening in the convertsimple() routine when it tries to return a signed int: ival = PyInt_AsLong(arg) the ival is larger than what is defined in INT_MAX. Why is this happening in a standard HP 64 bit build? Any help on fixing this problem is greatly appreciated. Brad > "import site failed" > OverflowError: signed integer is greater than the max...

Problem building Python 2.5.2 curses module on HP/UX 11.11
I'm having a problem building the Python 2.5.2 curses module on HP/UX 11.11 using gcc 3.3.6, and was hoping someone had a solution. Compiling Modules/_cursesmodule.c is giving several warnings, but no errors. The relevant compile/link output is below. The key output line is: *** WARNING: renaming "_curses" since importing it failed: dynamic module does n ot define init function (init_curses) So, given that there are no actual errors during the compile, and the warnings are probably benign, does anyone know what would cause the resulting compiled module to NOT have the init fu...

HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium HP i2000 Workstation
Hi- I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. ---pat Pat Miller wrote: > I just purchased two HP i2000 Workstations, dual Itanium processors. > The disk were removed from the workstations, and OS with them. > > I need to get HP-UX 11.11 B1.5 for Itanium OS media, where might I > downlaod it, get it second hand, or borrow, etc. Forget v1.5, it just was some sort of p...

HP-UX 11.11 performance with Ingres 2.6
Ingres II 2.6/0305 (hpb.us5/00) HP-UX B.11.11 rp3440 (8GB memory) and RAID 1 on the disks - patch PHCO_30544 Pthread enhancement and fixes installed We're migrating some data to a new schema. Not really having a benchmark of how long it would take to process the data I started doing some tests. One set of data was taking over 5 hours and a different set of data was taking a little over 2 hours. Not really having a benchmark to go by I wasn't sure if this was unreasonable or not. For some reason I decided to test how long it would take to process the data on linux. The lin...

libgcrypt-1.2.4 with HP-UX 11.11
Hello, I'm trying to install libgcrypt-1.2.4 on HP-UX 11.11. It was installed successfully. But when i try to call the function gcry_randomize from the library it does not respond and after sometime i have a timeout error. Is the library compatible aith HP-UX 11.11? Can anyone help me with this issue? Is it related to the OS version? or do i need to install another library in order for the random number functions to work? Thank you for your help, On 2007-10-09 08:22, issam.moujaes@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to install libgcrypt-1.2.4 on HP-UX 11.11. > It ...

Web resources about - ttrace() and delayed signal delivery on HP-UX 11.11 64-bit #2 - comp.sys.hp.hpux

Delivery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ThoughtWorks Microsite on Continuous Delivery
ThoughtWorks has launched a microsite devoted to Continuous Delivery . At the moment you’ll find some short videos from the ThoughtWorks Live ...

Facebook Offers Midnight Message Delivery For New Year’s Eve
... to get on their mobile devices or computers, can now take care of such matters in advance thanks to the social network’s Midnight Message Delivery ...

OnePlus promises sub-60 minute delivery in London
If you really dislike delivery times, happen to want a new smartphone in the next couple of days, and live in London UK, then OnePlus is running ...

Amazon continues to plow ahead with its Prime Air drone delivery system
... though Amazon is facing a number of regulatory hurdles, the online retailer is still traveling full speed ahead on its Prime Air drone delivery ...

Alibaba Group Could Enter Deal with Rival Tencent for Food Delivery Startup
Bidness ETC Alibaba Group Could Enter Deal with Rival Tencent for Food Delivery Startup Bidness ETC Alibaba has shown interest in food delivery ...

Seattle mayor backs marijuana delivery bill
An Enumclaw Democrat has introduced a bill to legalize marijuana delivery in Seattle, a service that is currently against the law under I-502. ...

Delivery Hero Said to Pick Citigroup, Goldman Sachs for IPO
Delivery Hero Holding GmbH, the online food delivery startup partly owned by Rocket Internet SE, has picked three banks including Citigroup Inc. ...

Uber is launching its food delivery app in 10 cities — and it could pose a huge threat to food delivery ...
Uber is preparing to launch UberEats, its standalone food delivery app, in 10 US cities, The Wall Street Journal's Doug Macmillan reports. Los ...

After many promises, Microsoft accelerates Windows 10 preview delivery
Microsoft yesterday issued a new Windows 10 preview to its Insider testers, making good at least in one instance on a December promise to quicken ...