  • Email
  • Follow

0
Reply Chris 12/29/2004 10:58:17 AM

See related articles to this posting

Chris Blackburn <cblackburn36NOSPAMPLS@softhome.net> writes:

> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "xdr_int" in file pmsg.o

> I assume this is because I am missing a linker flag on the compile
> command in the make file but I cannot find what that flag is

You are not missing a flag. You are missing a library.
Add -lrpcsvc to the end of your *link* line.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.
0
Reply Paul 12/29/2004 4:08:11 PM

0
Reply Chris 12/29/2004 5:56:57 PM

0
Reply Chris 12/29/2004 6:02:50 PM
comp.sys.hp.hpux 4391 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Unsatisfied Symbols: main
Line of code to compile: cc -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wl,-adefault -Wl,+s -y -o /apps/primary/wsi/src/bin/wsi_mgr -L/opt/oracle_8.05/precomp/lib/ -L/opt/oracle_8.05/lib/ -I/opt/oracle_8.05/precomp/public Error does not mention if main is (code) or (data). On HP-UX 10.2 Help please.. ttejas@yahoo.com (thumor) wrote: > Line of code to compile: > > cc -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wl,-adefault -Wl,+s -y > -o /apps/primary/wsi/src/bin/wsi_mgr -L/opt/oracle_ 8.05/precomp/lib/ > -L/opt/oracle_8.05/lib/ -I/opt/oracle_8.05/precomp/public > > > Error does not me...

Unsatisfied symbols: _mFldhandle
Hi, After changing the MF compiler to SE 2.2 I have this error in compilation. The OS is HPUX 11.11. The command that I'm using is: /opt/cobol_se2.2/bin/cob -acx -C IBMCOMP -C COPYEXT=prm -P -C CALLSORT=EXTSM +Z +Z -Q "-v" myfile.cob The object file contains the _mFldhandle but with the old compiler it was not there. I tried to include all the libraries that are comming with the compiler but no succes. Pls help!! Thank you, Radu. Hi Radu. I'm not sure whether you've had a response at all on this (I've been out on vacation), but if not, I would suggest you either...

Unsatisfied symbol "sqlca"
Hi, I hava a proc static library. I have the statement: EXEC SQL include sqlca; in one program of that library. When I link that library with a C++ program I get the error below: ld: Unsatisfied symbol "sqlca" in file . . . Any idea ? Thanks, Jose Luis. "jose luis fernandez diaz" <jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news@yahoo.es> wrote in message news:c2f95fd0.0405070424.1fb58df4@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I hava a proc static library. I have the statement: > > EXEC SQL include sqlca; > > in one program of that library. ...

HP-UX 11i unsatisfied symbols for libtar
All, I'm trying to get an executable compiled up on an 11i machine. It has a few different archive library dependencies as well as shared library dependencies. The main problem is that there is one particular library (libtar) that the linker is not properly resolving symbols for. No matter where I put the libtar.a line in the compile line I get an "Unsatisfied Symbols" error from the linker. I have tried several different versions of this archive, one delivered as a binary depot and others that I have compiled myself. No matter how I cut it, the linker won't resolved the s...

(Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "_HPMutexWrapper::~_HPMutexWrapper()
i have these warnings when i compile the program, and after the program does not run , i am misssing something. thanks []-pedro:/home/pedro/modelo_v1>make g++ -mlp64 -o occiteste Main_Program.o Modelo.o -L/opt/users/ ora10g/lib -locci -lclntsh -lgen ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "_HPMutexWrapper::~_HPMutexWrapper()" in file /opt/users/ora10g/lib/libocci.so ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "_HPMutexWrapper::~_HPMutexWrapper()" in file /opt/users/ora10g/lib/libocci.so ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__bad_alloc_exception" in file /opt/ users/ora10g/...

Unsatisfied code symbol 'nnftboot' when starting listener
This morning I received an email from a colleague at another installation asking for help with the following. As I understand it, this occurred after applying the July CPU from Oracle. My guess is he doesn't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH and SHLIB_PATH set correctly, but I thought I'd run it by here .. LSNRCTL for HPUX: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production.... ... Starting /oracle/app/product/10.2.0/bin/tnslsnr: please wait... /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'nnftboot' in load module '/oracle/app/product/10.2.0/bin/tnslsnr'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied c...

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "WF_ListWuClnt" in file WFWuListService.o
Dear Friends I am giving the following command to build the server executableon HP-UX /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -o SOAPServer SOAPServer.o WFWuListService.o WFWuListImpl.o WFWuListStructs.o WFWuList.o -I/opt/systinet/server_cpp65/include/ -I../.. +DD64 /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp.sl /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.sl -ldcekt -lpthread and Im getting the following error ld: Unsatisfied symbol "WF_ListWuClnt" in file WFWuListService.o 1 errors. Which means WFWuListService.cpp, especially the spelling and definition of WF_ListWuClnt needs to be checked . My header fil...

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "main" in file <no file>
Dear Friends While compiling and linking , with the command /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -o SOAPServer *.cpp -I/opt/systinet/server_cpp65/ include -I../../.. +DD64 -lpthread -mt /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/ libwasp.sl /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.sl I get the error message as "ld: Unsatisfied symbol "main" in file <no file> 1 errors. " But SOAPServer binary gets created , when I execute the binary $ ./SOAPServer /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'main' in load module '/usr/lib/pa20_64/libc.2'. Killed Im getting above error Any ...

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'typeid__XTQ2_3std9exception_' in load module '/usr/lib/libcryptograph2_64.sl'
CertificateDemo is a java program which use JNI call. Please help to solve the following error. Thanks. $ java -version java version "1.6.0.01" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0.01- jinteg_06_jun_2008_13_24-b00) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0.01 jinteg:06.06.08-12:28 PA2.0 (aCC_AP), mixed mode) Computer is HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/785. $ java -d64 CertificateDemo /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol '__dt__Q3_3std8ios_base4InitFv' in load module '/usr/lib/ libcryptograph2_64.sl'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'type...

[Q]Add symbol to symbol table after ld with no symbol loading
Downloading Application has over size simbols. but I use only one excutable fuction, So I do not want load other symbols to table. When 'ld < test.out', It make a memory problem, because of big symbol table. So, load ld -1,1,"test.out" [Test.out has test() function] but after that , I could not execute test() . because, test symbol was not added to symbol table. How can I add test() to symbol table. I do not not know anything about it, Please answer detatailly. Do you have other solution not add symbol after not loading sym table. You can use the "symAdd()" r...

|SYMBOL| vs 'SYMBOL
Consider the following code: (defstruct rect x y w h) ; any old structure => RECT (function-symbol 'RECT-X) => #<Closure ...> (function-symbol |RECT-X|) !! ERROR Am I missing something here? I thought 'foo and |foo| were equivalent. PS: This came up when I tried to write (defun accessor (class attribute) "Return the function bound to the symbol `class-attribute'." (declare (string class attribute) (symbol-function (intern (concatenate 'string class "-" attribute)))) I'm sure you chaps can do same correctly :-) -- Tre...

Symbols over symbols damage alignment.
Hello, I am using symbols with elaborate markings placed over them to represent various types of quantities. One of them is defined as follows: % 2D projective vector (or point): \newcommand{\ktrzyVPB}[1]{\stackrel{\scriptsize{\dot{\rightarrow}}}{#1}} It puts an arrow over whatever is the argument #1 (usually it's an uppercase letter), and a dot above the arrow. If I later use it in a formula with primed and non-primed letter symbols, like this: \[ \ktrzyVPB{X'}=\ktrzyVPB{X} \] then I would like all X's to be on the same level, regardless of what is above them, or whether th...

difference between :symbol and 'symbol
Hi, what is the real difference between :symbol and 'symbol? Thanks. ebzzry@yahoo.com (Rommel Martinez) writes: > Hi, what is the real difference between :symbol and 'symbol? One is a keyword symbol and one is a quoted symbol in the current package. Keyword symbols are interned in the KEYWORD package and automatically exported. Also each keyword symbol is automatically (in effect anyway) defined as a constant varibles with the symbol as its value. I.e. it's like wrote this: (defconstant keyword:symbol 'keyword:symbol) Thus you can use keyword symbols in value positi...

Symbols: Printing the LE symbol
Dear SAS gurus, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to print the less than or equal to symbol in SAS. I'm using ODS to print, so if the code doesnt exist in SAS maybe there is a way to change it while being printed in ODS (Arial). It seems like this would come up a lot, I wonder why it is so difficult in SAS. Thanks in advance, Dan Daniel Boisvert wrote: > Dear SAS gurus, > > I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to print the less > than or equal to symbol in SAS. I'm using ODS to print, so if the > code doesnt exist in SAS maybe there is a way ...

symbol
I can use 'b1'x for $B!^ (J, anyone knows what for (J $B&B (J, $B&A (J, and (J $B!g (J? Can anyone direct me to any documents about symbols? Thanks! ...

Appearance of symbol I when working with Symbolic Toolbox
When performing symbolic computions with the symbolic toolbox, suddenly a symbol 'I' (capital i) appears in the expressions. This symbol causes the plotting command ezplot to produce an error: ??? Error using ==> char Cell elements must be character arrays. As a test I removed all 'I' symbols in the expression. ezplot was then capable of plotting the modified expression. So indeed the presence of the 'I' symbols seems to cause the error. However, I am wondering why this symbol is introduced at all and why I cannot find anything about this behavior in the MATL...

Symbolic change of variables in a symbolic expression
Given for instance the following expression $ax_1+bx_2^(1/3)$, does there exist a way to solve it, say, with respect to $x_1$ and $x_2/x_1$, that is, to make the change of variables $x_2=y*x_1$? Thanks On 11/02/11 11:32 AM, Antonio wrote: > Given for instance the following expression > $ax_1+bx_2^(1/3)$, > does there exist a way to solve it, say, with respect to $x_1$ and > $x_2/x_1$, that is, to make the change of variables $x_2=y*x_1$? > Thanks subs(a*x_1+b*x_2^(1/3), x_2, y*x_1) ...

how to create reverse symbol of any math symbol
hi myself anjan debnath and i am going to write an article where i have used so many symbols just reversing the common known math symbols. for example i have used the reverse/mirror image of integral sign. please help me giving the command how to produce reverse/mirror image of math symbols. thanks. anjandebnath1988@gmail.com On 28-07-2011 08:31, anjan debnath wrote: > hi myself anjan debnath and i am going to write an article where i > have used so many symbols just reversing the common known math > symbols. for example i have used the reverse/mirror image of integral > sign. ...

How to pass symbols and equation in symbols to a function
Hi, I have a main function in which i define a few symbols and then create an equation using those symbols. Now i need to create a sub function in which i need the equation, so that I can substitute the symbols by numbers. xv = sym(zeros(1, n)); for i = 1:n xv(i) = sym(sprintf('x%d', i)); end for i=1:n-1 f = f +(100*((xv(i)^2)-xv(i+1))^2 + (1-xv(i))^2); % objective function end I also have a few matrices that are defined such that they also contain the symbols xv (and more). I need these matrices also in the sub function. How do I input a symbolic matrix ...

dynamic symbols vs normal symbols
Hi, I was using the options -T/--dynamic-sym for objdump or the -D/--dynamic option for nm. The man page from nm says: -D --dynamic Display the dynamic symbols rather than the normal symbols. This is only meaningful for dynamic objects, such as certain types of shared libraries. And the man page for objdump says : -T --dynamic-syms Print the dynamic symbol table entries of the file. This is only meaningful for dynamic objects, such as certain types of shared libraries.This is similar to the information provided by the nm program when given th...

MLSE vs. Symbol-by-Symbol detection
Hi All, I am trying to figure out the *real* motivation behind using MLSE (Maximum Likelihood Sequence Detection) as opposed to a symbol-by-symbol detection that maximizes the log-likelihood function. As a tangible example, the standard optimum receiver for CPM (Continuous-Phase Modulation) signals is defined to be a correlator followed by an MLSE detector (Ref. Digital Communications by J. G. Proakis). My question, rephrased in the context of this example, is as follows: What difference would it make (in terms of error performance, complexity etc etc) if, instead of using the standard app...

Symbolic solve and assign results to symbols
Hi, I want to symbolic solve a system of equations, convert the results into doubles and assign to the respective symbols. Can anyone help me solve this, thank you. x=sym('x',[1,2]) % defining x(1) and x(2) eqn1='x(1)+x(2)=2' eqn2='x(1)-x(2)=0' s=solve(eqn1,eqn2) Matlab puts the results into a structure array. Is there any way to automatically assign x(1)=1 x(2)=1 so that I can use them afterwards. MATLAB R2011b On 2/6/2012 3:00 AM, Ronald wrote: > Hi, > I want to symbolic solve a system of equations, convert the results into doubles and &g...

symbolic toolbox
I'm starting out with the symbolic toolbox to derive/verify some lengthy expressions for derivatives of products of trig functions of a single variable. As the simplest example of what I want to do with the toolbox, consider the function f = cos(g) where g is a function of a real variable x. I don't want to specify any further functional form for g; instead I want the result in symbolic terms of g and its derivative with respect to x. From the chain rule, df/dx = - sin(g) dg/dt I tried various things like: syms x g f = cos(g) Df = diff ( f , x ) which just returns ...