HP Hard Drive Question

Does anyone know what kind of hard drive HP uses? I just got a new
Pavilion a550y with a 160GB HD. I've noticed a grinding noise when
windows boots up and shuts down? Is this normal for a large size HD?
0
atlanta_brotha
4/27/2004 5:42:23 PM
comp.sys.hp.misc 623 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

<atlanta_brotha@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Does anyone know what kind of hard drive HP uses? I just got a new
> Pavilion a550y with a 160GB HD. I've noticed a grinding noise when
> windows boots up and shuts down? Is this normal for a large size HD?

Sounds like you have a Seagate Barracuda IV, V or 7200.7 series. They have
that specific sound.

HP desktops usually have Seagate Barracudas or Maxtor drives. But open up
your case and have a look.

--
Esben

0