a new way to get rid of telemarketers

A lady that answers the phones for one of my business lines tells me this is
one way she gets rid of telemarketers:

TM: This is ___, can I speak with ____?

Lady: Well if you can, I'd like to as well.

TM: Isn't ___ your husband?

Lady: Yes.

TM: Is he available?

Lady: I don't know, let me go check his urn.

Usually at this point the TM hangs up.

Another way I started using a couple of weeks ago is to ask the TM if they
have the password. Of course there is no password but they don't know that,
and we get some pretty good laughs at their response or attempts to make one
up on the fly. One has even asked his fellow boiler room cronies what's the
password!

Matthew
5/27/2008 10:10:35 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow