Classic MPE Hardware to PC Hard Drive Question

I have a couple of old Classic MPE V/E boxes which I fire up
periodically.  Everything runs at present, but the hard drive
bearings are starting to sing and warn me of their impending
failure.  If you remember, the old Classic boxes use HPIB (GPIB,
IEEE-488) as the interface for hard drives.

As HPIB hard drives are getting pretty rare, I'm wondering if anyone
has been successful in putting a GPIB-to-PCI interface card in a
Windows PC, writing code for the PC to make its GPIB interface look
to the Classic 3000 like a 7937, and then successfully running the
Classic 3000 with this PC-based pseudo-7937 as its LDEV 0.  If so,
I'd love to hear about it.

John
*** When replying to this message, please do not delete these ***
*** signature lines. Otakon Katsucon HP3000-L @classiccmp.org ***
*** DigitalCosplay.com    JohnKorbPhoto.com                   ***

John
1/22/2010 5:15:32 AM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow