How to do listf by Ldev wise.

Dear All,

My one of the disk status shows Ldev fails while I am doing test by
Volutil. But still I am able to read the files from system, I can do listf
@.@.@,-3 and not getting any errors.

Volutil: VERIFYVOL 2
*Verify: Verify media on ldev 2 [Y/N] ?Y
*Warning: Media on ldev 2 FAILED verification.
=====

May I know how I can do the file listing on this bad ldev. Also how I can
move the files from this bad drive to another drive as I am heaving
sufficient disk space on my system.

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :   (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :    (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Harpreet
9/29/2009 1:54:35 AM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow

Harpreet SINGH wrote:

> May I know how I can do the file listing on this bad ldev.

The VOLUTIL command SHOWUSAGE might be helpful here.

http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90491/ch05s24.html

> Also how I can
> move the files from this bad drive to another drive as I am heaving
> sufficient disk space on my system.

One possible option could be using a dedicated device class for
all "good" disks and then using e.g. STORE/RESTORE with an option
to place the files on disks belonging to that class.

Just a first idea, so might be good to research more options.

Lars.

Lars
9/29/2009 5:11:41 AM
I've been watching my ldev 2 fill up, and was wanting the same thing,
and without MPEX from vesoft their isn't allot of options using standard
MPE.

However, because you asked, and it is too late to start on anything
worthwhile, here it is:
Copy/Paste in to quad or editor.
============================
Parm file_set ldev
Setvar fset '!file_set'
Purge tempio > $null
Purge tempio,temp > $null
Setvar hpautocont true
Build tempio;rec=-80,1,f,ascii;disc=100000;temp;msg
File xin=tempio,oldtemp;acc=in;gmulti
File xout=tempio,oldtemp;acc=append
Listf !fset,6 > *xout
Setvar eof finfo('*xin','eof')
# ------------------------------
# LISTF,6 writes to *xout
# in standard MPE syntax: (file.Group.Account)
#
#--------------------------------
While !eof > 0 do
 Setvar eof !eof - 1
 Input record < *xin
 If finfo(str('!record',1,28),'LDEV') = !ldev then
   Echo ![str('!record',1,28)] ![finfo(str('!record',1,28),'LDEV')]
 Endif
Endwhile
===============================

I named the file FLDEV.UTIL.SYS
And my HPPATH variable contains UTIL.SYS

To run it, at the MPE prompt;
:FLDEV @  2
ACCTJOBS.PUB.SYS             2
ADSTORE.PUB.SYS              2
ANSTART.PUB.SYS              2
ANUTIL.PUB.SYS               2
ARAP.PUB.SYS                 2

That will show all files in your current group, that are on LDEV 2,
change the @ to @.@.@ for all files.
You may also want to increase the file size (LIMIT) from 100000 to
something more fitting to your environment.

Now to move these file to another drive might be more difficult, but
I'll take a shot at it, try this:

Change the echo statement in the CI script above;
From:    Echo ![str('!record',1,28)] ![finfo(str('!record',1,28),'LDEV')]
To:    Echo ![str('!record',1,28)]

Then BUILD an indirect store file, as follows

BUILD MYFILES;rec=-40,1,f,ascii;disc=100000
file fnames=MYFILES,OLD
FLDEV @.@.@ 2 > *fnames
FILE T;DEV=TAPE
STORE ^fnames;*t;show;progress
<< Store two copies and VSTORE both of them>>
Use SYSGENand maybe VOLUTIL and take the bad drive out of the system config.
RE-BOOT, DO NOT START ANY APPLICATIONS, and START with NOSYSSTART might
be good to.
Restore from one of the tapes created above using DEV=DISC option.

Please feel free criticize, and use at your own risk.
No guarantees, but it should work.

Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions
Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
832.515.3868

Lars Appel wrote:
> Harpreet SINGH wrote:
>
>> May I know how I can do the file listing on this bad ldev.
>
> The VOLUTIL command SHOWUSAGE might be helpful here.
>
> http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90491/ch05s24.html
>

>> Also how I can
>> move the files from this bad drive to another drive as I am heaving
>> sufficient disk space on my system.
>
> One possible option could be using a dedicated device class for
> all "good" disks and then using e.g. STORE/RESTORE with an option
> to place the files on disks belonging to that class.
>
> Just a first idea, so might be good to research more options.
>
> Lars.

Michael
9/29/2009 5:39:10 AM
Hold everything, one more important thing to think about.
Not only does MPE store file ext of one file on multiple drives, but
more importantly their are some files that must be on LDEV 1. These are
files required for the system to boot up, and operating system
functions. If some of these file are on LDEV 2, then you'll need to
restore these to LDEV 1 before you remove LDEV 2 and reboot. If critical
files are missing at boot time (because they migrated to ldev 2 over
time), then your system will not bootup.

DO A FULL BACKUP, with the directory option, and a CSLT (TWO OF EACH OF
THEM) BEFORE TRYING THE PROCEDURE IN THE PREVIOUS EMAIL!

Really the best method is to run BULDACCT.PUB.SYS "@.@.@", then do two
full backups, validate both with VSTORE (no third party backup software),
Remove the bad ldev from the system, replace it if needed, reboot.
NOSYSSTART
Use SYSGEN to create two CSLT tapes, and use CHECKSLT.MPEXL.TELESUP. to
verify that both CSLT's are good.  Then do a reload.

Boot from CSLT tape
install
<follow prompts, take defaults>
LOGON  as MANAGER.SYS, no passwords will exist.
run the BULDJOB1 and BULDJOB2 created by BULDACCT to re-create your
users, group, accounts
Restore all file using the CREATE option, just in case you had some
files without creators.

Maybe someone else will  mention anything else I forgot about.

Michael Anderson,

Lars Appel wrote:
> Harpreet SINGH wrote:
>
>> May I know how I can do the file listing on this bad ldev.
>
> The VOLUTIL command SHOWUSAGE might be helpful here.
>
> http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90491/ch05s24.html
>

>> Also how I can
>> move the files from this bad drive to another drive as I am heaving
>> sufficient disk space on my system.
>
> One possible option could be using a dedicated device class for
> all "good" disks and then using e.g. STORE/RESTORE with an option
> to place the files on disks belonging to that class.
>
> Just a first idea, so might be good to research more options.
>
> Lars.

Michael