IBM iSeries - was HP Inventory

If HP has taken the time to study it, the iSeries is probably the machine
vCSY should be most afraid of HP 3000 refugees seeing.  When you consider
availability of good applications, the cost of the computer, the RDBMS (DB2
UDB), the compilers (COBOL, JAVA, RPG, C and C++), the batch job processor,
the Webserver, the compilers, etc. you know the stuff that we HP 3000 people
like, nothing else comes close in price.  Then when you look at its ease of
use, it leaves everything else in the dust.  We ported our migration toolset
to use an AIX like enviroment on the iSeries called PASE. We use MF COBOL
there and create an MPE-like environment on it.

When the HP 3000 was first canned, several of my associates said they wanted
to know more about the iSeries.  I contacted IBM and 29 of us were hosted by
IBM in Rochester Minnesota for a 2 day meeting! We paid our transportation
and hotel only. IBM spared no expense to show us the many things the iSeries
had to offer.   We were very impressed. Since that time I have had the
opportunity to become even more familiar with the product line and, quite
frankly, I think it's the value for the serious data processor.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
(760)-439-3146

Charles
4/6/2004 11:01:37 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow