Folks,

One small clarification to my previous question:

We are not trying to migrate our IMAGE data to another platform.  We are
trying to provide an enhancement where data that already exist in a
database on another platform can be viewed, extracted and used to
"complete" an existing entry in the IMAGE database, thus eliminating the
need for the user to manually 're-enter' the data.

Regards
Paul Christidis
Folks,

I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your
collective wisdom:

Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract,
and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL
server or an ORACLE database on a different host?

What tools would one need in order to accomplish the above?

Regards
Paul Christidis

Paul
7/8/2003 12:16:35 AM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow

Paul,
A solution for viewing and extracting data back to Image has been
available from Advanced Network Systems Inc. and from us in Europe for a
while.
Oracle is one of several DBMS supported.

<plug>
The MPE/iX Enterprise Client - The complete real-time solution for
client access to Oracle, DB2, Sybase, and Enterprise Applications from
HPe3000 sub-programs.
For further details see -
http://the-internet-agency.com/  > MPE/iX Enterprise Client link
or
http://the-internet-agency.com/adbcwebix/mpe-ent-client.htm
</plug>

Hope this is helpful.

Chris Thompson
Technical Director
The Internet Agency, UK

In article <gJicnWAVWbj7kJeiXTWJhA@fidnet.com>, Paul H. Christidis
<phchristidis@raytheon.com> writes
>Folks,
>
>One small clarification to my previous question:
>
>We are not trying to migrate our IMAGE data to another platform.  We are
>trying to provide an enhancement where data that already exist in a
>database on another platform can be viewed, extracted and used to
>"complete" an existing entry in the IMAGE database, thus eliminating the
>need for the user to manually 're-enter' the data.
>
>Regards
>Paul Christidis
>Folks,
>
>I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your
>collective wisdom:
>
>Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract,
>and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL
>server or an ORACLE database on a different host?
>
>What tools would one need in order to accomplish the above?
>
>Regards
>Paul Christidis

Chris