Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2

It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol program
accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the C
libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port.

Pete

On July 7, 2003 06:38 pm, Paul H. Christidis wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your
> collective wisdom:
>
> Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract,
> and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL
> server or an ORACLE database on a different host?
>
> What tools would one need in order to accomplish the above?
>
> Regards
> Paul Christidis

Peter
7/8/2003 12:31:35 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow