Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3

pete@bookware3000.ca writes:

> It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol
> program
> accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the
> libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port.

I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that!  Sometime soon (?)
I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE
and/or Linux.  Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is
a great starting point for most MPE people.

Wayne Boyer

Wayne
7/8/2003 9:16:35 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow