Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #4

Well, I can't find the source :-(. It was a long time ago and I have no idea
where it went, it was just proof of concept stuff. I did find the hacked C
example that would insert a record into my Linux box from the MPE box though.
IIRC, we used the C code to figure out what calls to make in the Cobol
program, then we played with the LINKEDIT a bit to make it work.

Let me know if you're interested,
Pete

On July 8, 2003 05:03 pm, Wayne R. Boyer wrote:
> In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>
> pete@bookware3000.ca writes:
> > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol
> > program
> > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using
> > the C
> > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port.
>
> I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that!  Sometime soon
> (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on
> MPE and/or Linux.  Having a known working example of how to access it via
> COBOL is a great starting point for most MPE people.
>
> Wayne Boyer

Peter
7/8/2003 9:31:38 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow