Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K

From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM>

> Hi,
> forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the
> web site, or use the direct link
> http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf

> "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract,
> > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL
> > server or an ORACLE database on a different host?

<plug>

MPE/iX Enterprise Client:

www.advnetsys.com/enterprise.html

* Does not require ADO or ODBC Drivers
* Uses native access for outstanding performance.
* The middleware server is not just limited to Windows - runs on Unix, Linux
Windows and HP e3000.
* Implements database pooling on the middleware for outstanding performance.
* In a addition to database XL, we have available libraries for SAP BAPI and
SOAP calls.

Regards,

David Thatcher
Advanced Network Systems, Inc.
www.advnetsys.com

</plug>

David
7/9/2003 2:31:35 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow

In article <3aqcnc3gjMXTupGiXTWJhg@fidnet.com>

>> "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract,
>> > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL
>> > server or an ORACLE database on a different host?

Hi Paul & Chuck,

MBF-Enterprise has been shipping for 5 years ... It does Windows, Unix, Linux,
and uses our evolving ODBC/JDBC technologies to allow 2 phase commits accross
platforms and databases (agnostic on both counts).
http://www.mbfoster.com/products/enterprise.cfm

We recently built the Universal Data Access client (LAB name UDA-PIPE);
Marketing name UDA-Connector which has been installed at a customer since
December ... it is based on our extensive ODBC/JDBC and other middleware
technologies - You can't see it till HPWorld ;-) ... but if you need to I would
be pleased to provide you with manuals and/or demos - we can talk ... or see
http://www.mbfoster.com/products/udaconnector.cfm

Birket Foster
PS We are continuing to enhance our products - glad to see others are trying to
add features we have had standard for years like pooling the connections ...
our RPC technology has helped a bunch of people out, especially since we also
work on HP-UX, Linux and other platforms .. see
www.mbfoster.com/products/udalink_kc.cfm#five

Now back to your regular broadcasts ...
Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
Supplying UDALink w/cross-platform ODBCLink Option (3000,9000&NT)
See how DataExpress has evolved www.MBFoster.com
EC/EDI(3000,9000,NT) Phone (613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588(FAX)

0
birket