From: Raymond Familar [mailto:far_north_flip@YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 8:48 AM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Any problems with HP on-site response working
with HP3000 systems?

Hi Joseph.
I recently purchased a couple of N-class servers.  I had to have one
engineer out here to setup the system, and 2 more to help us setup the
VA7110 and the PC console.  We had issues connecting the VA7110 via a FC
switch, but it worked when directly connected.  We found out the switch
issue was due to a change in the paths - the VA7110 had been installed
at
Client Systems as a direct connect.  We installed a couple of patches
and
are working on enabling HAFO.  The HAFO is very new and the engineers
are
having to do some research.  We had to have 2 engineers for the VA - one
was a VA expert, the other was an MPE expert.  It is taking a lot of
effort
to setup our new systems, and we are going through the learning process
with our engineers to inplement HAFO, but I am satisfied with the work
they
are doing.  The engineers are Morris Gibbs (MPE) and Kevin Golliher
(VA),
and they could probably provide a lot of info to your engineers.

Hope this helps.
Ray Familar

Larry
11/26/2003 5:46:10 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow