Re: guys Can you send me the Cobol Program/ Cobol code for this

Raju,
The HP3000 does not run Unix - its object programs are created for
use by its own operating system:  MPE-iX.  It accepts input from the
keyboard in 2 ways:  Character-mode (one field at a time transmitted
by pressing the 'Return' key), using the COBOL 'ACCEPT' statement or
a 'REED' intrinsic - or - Block mode (the entire screen at one time,
after the user presses the 'Enter' key), which HP calls a ViewPlus
application. Code for the Block mode type of operation is quite
complex - there is probably some third-party code which simplifies
this, but our code is very specific to the application.

To have some words appear on your screen as a prompt, the COBOL
command is 'DISPLAY' - sample:
DISPLAY "Enter the first name: ".
ACCEPT WS-FIRST-NAME.

In WORKING-STORAGE, you would have a field set up as 01
WS-FIRST-NAME      PIC X(20)  VALUE SPACES.  After the 'Accept'
command, the field would contain whatever the user keyed in.

Access from another machine may be accomplished (depending on your
firewall, security etc) using a Terminal Emulation product such as
MS92 from Minisoft (http://www.minisoft.com) or Reflection
(http://www.wrq.com).  We have used both of these from a Mac or a PC
using Telnet.  There is a client program which resides on the PC, and
another part that gets uploaded to your HP3000.

All the best,
Connie

>Guys I need some tips from u r side
>1.  we need to create screen file, data file
>2.read the data file in a loop
>populate it screen files
>3. send the screen file & Read the screen file
>
>I want this  below  data come on screen at end
>& ALSO
>1. IT SHOULD BE [KEY BOARD OPERATED]NAVIGATED.not mouse operated
>2 NEED TO RUN ON UNIX
>3. WANT TO ACCESS Thru their [other] Machine thru TELNET
>
>Requirement is to showout put
>
>0123 BRIAN                              2200
>0124 WAYNE                                  3100
>0125  CONNIE                             4050
>0126 MARK PETER                              5250
>0127 DOGLOUS BROWN                             8000
>
>Requirement
>  press key _
>above is the screen for out put .so when we press any key we can go to other
>page of datafile or comeout from
>that page if tr is no more data come out from that page.
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

>Regards
>RAJU
>Raju.gachinkatti@gmail.com
>sharmistha.behera@gmail.com

Connie Sellitto
Programmer/Analyst
732-528-9797 ext 18

New!  CFA now offers Online Registration of Cat Litters!  See
http://www.cfa.org/org/online-registration-tutorial.html
for details.

Connie
7/3/2007 6:50:41 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow