From: Cathlene Mc Rae [mailto:cathlene_mcrae@HP.COM]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:54 PM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] On Topic : Cobol question.

Your question:

However, I could not find any information related to extracting current =
date
in Julian format (YYDDD). Is there anything directly that can be =
achieved
from this FUNCTION or any other function ? My only alternative so far is =
code a logic for converting above Gregorian to Julian date format and =
then
use in the COBOL program.

,,,,,,

To get the date format of julian or gregorian ...The hpdateconvert =
intrinsic
can be used. http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90875/ch07s09.html

Sample code for this can be found in itrc, KBRC00015373

You can also use:
INTEGER-OF-DATE and DATE-OF-INTEGER.  Function INTEGER-OF-DATE converts =
date in YYYYMMDD format to an integer date equivalent, starting with =
January
1, 1601, of the Gregorian calendar.  Function DATE-OF-INTEGER does the
opposite, converting an integer date to its standard date equivalent.

INTEGER-OF-DATE
INTEGER-OF-DAY
DATE-OF-INTEGER
DAY-OF-INTEGER

$control POST85
 IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
 PROGRAM-ID. PROG.
 AUTHOR.
 DATE-WRITTEN.
 DATE-COMPILED. SAME.
 ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
 DATA DIVISION.
 WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
 77 GREGORIAN-DATE     PIC S9(8) BINARY.
 77 DATE-OF-INT        PIC S9(8) BINARY.
 77 DAY-OF-INT         PIC S9(8) BINARY.
 77 INT-OF-DATE        PIC S9(8) BINARY.
 77 INT-OF-DAY         PIC S9(8) BINARY.
 PROCEDURE DIVISION.
 ONLY-PARA.
     DISPLAY 'INPUT DATE IN FORMAT YYYYMMDD'.
     ACCEPT GREGORIAN-DATE FREE.
     DISPLAY 'THE DATE ENTERED WAS: ' GREGORIAN-DATE.
     COMPUTE INT-OF-DATE =3D
             FUNCTION INTEGER-OF-DATE (GREGORIAN-DATE).
     DISPLAY 'INTEGER-OF-DATE RETURNED: ' INT-OF-DATE.
     COMPUTE DAY-OF-INT =3D
             FUNCTION DAY-OF-INTEGER (INT-OF-DATE).
     DISPLAY 'DAY-OF-INTEGER RETURNED: ' DAY-OF-INT.
     COMPUTE INT-OF-DAY =3D
             FUNCTION INTEGER-OF-DAY (DAY-OF-INT).
     DISPLAY 'INTETGER-OF-DAY RETURNED: ' INT-OF-DAY.
     COMPUTE DATE-OF-INT =3D
             FUNCTION DATE-OF-INTEGER (INT-OF-DAY).
     DISPLAY 'DATE-OF-INTEGER RETURNED: ' DATE-OF-INT.
 STOP RUN.

Sample run of the program:

INPUT DATE IN FORMAT YYYYMMDD
20050705
THE DATE ENTERED WAS: +20050705
INTEGER-OF-DATE RETURNED: +00147744
DAY-OF-INTEGER RETURNED: +02005186
INTETGER-OF-DAY RETURNED: +00147744
DATE-OF-INTEGER RETURNED: +20050705

hope this helps

Best Regards
Cathlene Mc Rae

www.preferredcare.org
"An Outstanding Member Experience," Preferred Care HMO Plans -- J. D. =
Power and Associates

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the =
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain =
privileged or confidential information.  If the reader of this message =
is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to =
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is =
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please =
notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the copies you =
received.

Rao
7/6/2005 12:34:59 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow