TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=4 on xxxx (dataset) of YYYY(database name) 433498

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to below turbo image debug error but I couldn't get any clue.
Could you please help me out?

TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=3D4 on xxxx (dataset=
) of=20
YYYY(database name)

Through ADAGER, we examined all paths for the dataset. It didn't report a=
ny=20
errors.

Please help.

Thank you,
Kishan.

Jai
9/19/2009 12:41:47 PM
comp.sys.hp.mpe 25828 articles. 0 followers. rhorner (2) is leader. Post Follow

This error is usually a programming logic error, and reading by record
number can cause problems. It is best to avoid if possible, but I use it
all the time ;-)

If the logic in your program is such that it DBGET's records, and stores
the RECORD-NUMBER's  for use later within the same program, then the
following should be true.

You should have put a lock around all associated records. Even if you
are not going to DBUPDATE the record, another process can delete your
record number.

Before you call DBGET with mode=4, you should of previously called dbget
to read a record from this data set 'xxxx',  using mode 1, 2, 3, 5, 6,
or possibly 7. I don't know of any other way to retrieve a valid
RECORD-NUMBER.

The program should have stored (MOVE) the RECORD-NUMBER to another
variable, eq MY-RECORD-NUMBER.

Before you call DBGET with mode=4, you'll first need to move
MY-RECORD-NUMBER to RECORD-NUMBER.

The TurboImage/SQL Manual:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01704333/c01704333.pdf

Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions
Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
832.515.3868

Jai Kishan wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm trying to below turbo image debug error but I couldn't get any clue.
> Could you please help me out?
>
> TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=4 on xxxx (dataset) of
> YYYY(database name)
>

> Through ADAGER, we examined all paths for the dataset. It didn't report any
> errors.
>
> Please help.
>

> Thank you,
> Kishan.