compute the necessary correction amount/rate.

Author: Hewlett-Packard: http://www.hp.com/calculators/
========

Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
needs
the clock adjusting program.

The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
problems
running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
it in the 50.

Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?

Thanks!
P.
0
Pierpaolo
1/25/2011 2:17:25 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9744 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> some years ago, on my hp48g I used to use a program
> to keep the clock exact.
>
> I think, but I'm not absolutely certain, that the program
> was this one:http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2698
>
> ========
> clk.zip

> by synchronizing the clock with a time standard, and using
> the accumulated adjustments with the elapsed time to
> compute the necessary correction amount/rate.
>
> Author: Hewlett-Packard:http://www.hp.com/calculators/
> ========
>
> Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
> needs
> the clock adjusting program.
>
> The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
> problems
> running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
> it in the 50.
>
> Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?
>
> Thanks!
> P.

Ciao Pierpaolo,

you can use these two programs:

Timeman
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581

ClckAdjst 3.0
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977

ClckAdjst 3.1
http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Saluti,
Simone.
0
supergems
1/25/2011 2:30:07 PM
On 25 Gen, 15:30, supergems <simone.cer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can use these two programs:
>
> Timeman http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581
>
> ClckAdjst 3.0 http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977
>
> ClckAdjst 3.1 http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Grazie Simone!

I had already tried timeman, but it does not work.

Today I tried ClckAdjst, but I could not figure out how to use it
from
the documentation.

And in addition, both these programs, even if I could make them work,
do much more than I need, and do it in a way I don't like.

The HP program I mentioned above was perfect for me.
Isn't there a way to use it on the 50?

If not, I'll have to try to rewrite it from zero :(

Ciao
P.
0
Pierpaolo
1/26/2011 9:31:53 AM
Hasn't there been some past discussion of the clock (and/or alarms)
being not too reliable (as well as not too precise)
in the ARM-emulated calculators?

Go to http://groups.google.com/groups/advanced_search
Group: comp.sys.hp48
Subject: CLKADJ

Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
(one thread contains 82 posts)

Emulators running on other platforms, however
(e.g. Emu48 and perhaps on other portable devices)
might transcend problems whose root cause
is in the on-board Kinpo ARM emulation of the Saturn
(and other components) within actual HP calculators.

[r->] [OFF]

0
John
1/27/2011 12:15:29 AM
On 27 Gen, 01:15, John H Meyers <jhmey...@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
> (one thread contains 82 posts)

This one:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/e61645cf857feaaf/0aafcc75f916db2b?q=insubject%3ACLKADJ&lnk=ol&

Thanks.

I have some reading to do...

Cheers
P.
0
Pierpaolo
Similar artilces about - Adjusting Clock on the HP50g:

hwclock --adjust does not adjust
I can't understand hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" Does not work! And does not work hwclock --adjust, independently from /etc/adjtime content. But: ntpdate pool.ntp.org It works and it update my clock (hardware and system) Does anyone knows what could be the mistake? Thanks in advance Antonio <nospam@nospam.ns> did eloquently scribble: > I can't understand > hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" > Does not work! Yes, it does. It updates the HARDWARE clock. The system clock is only updated at startup or when told to. ...

US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355957610)
US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355957610) ============================================================================================== Position: Delta Sigma Modulator Int Reference: ZYD00148 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Record of successful design accomplishments required in high data rate and high clock rate designs (over 2 Gbps) or high frequency RF circuit design. Experience in state-of-the-art high speed circuit design, transistor level circ...

@Adjust and Rounding
I am trying to set-up a schedule that will take the previous date entered into a form and adjust it two months ahead. After that I need to compute the request date, which will always be the 15th of the month, unless it is on a weekend. Here is an example: The previous date on the form is 10/1/2007 (this date will ALWAYS be the first of the month--unless it's a weekend as well) The @Adjust formula is @Adjust(PrevDate;0;2;0;0;0;0) and produces 12/1/2007. The third date should then be 11/15/2007, because it is not on a weekend. Can anyone assist? Thank you! ...

R squared vs. R square adjusted
I am new to working in Matlab and I am currently working with R^2, but need to switch to R^2 adjusted. I am not sure how to do this. Below is the code I am currently using. I saw something online that said I should be able to bring up what "statistics" I want to generate and i can just choose R2 adj. However, I can't get this to work... Any thoughts? Thanks. alpha = 0.05; [b,bint,r,rint,stats] = regress(y,X,alpha); b,bint,stats On 4/21/2012 12:48 PM, Allison wrote: > I am new to working in Matlab and I am currently working with R^2, but > need to switch to R^2 adj...

Configuration the interval time for clock synchronization
Hello! How can I set the interval time for the next clock synchronisation using nptd? Thanks Egon Schmid Egon Schmid wrote: > Hello! > > How can I set the interval time for the next clock synchronisation > using nptd? > > Thanks > > Egon Schmid You can specify MINPOLL and MAXPOLL in the server statement in ntpd.conf but it's generally a BAD IDEA!!! ntpd starts up polling at an interval of 64 (MINPOLL=6) seconds and will normally increase that interval to as much as 1024 (MAXPOLL=10) seconds once it achieves good synchronization. Oversimplifying, the ...

adjust
Hi, How do i right adjust my output using python.I need a output something like this: DID= 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x05,0x06,0x07,0x2B,0x30,0x31,0x4D,0x4E, 0x51,0x52,0x53,0x55, minlength= 3, 3, 4, 2, 10, 10, 40, 2, 150, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 3, 17, 1, maxlength= 3, 3, 4, 2, 10, 10, 40, 2, 150, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 30, 6, 3, 17, 20 I am printing from a list, and the values shld print below each id like shown. Thx saif.shakeel@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > How do i right adjust my output using python.I n...

adjust \linewidth for equations
How can I change the width of an equation? I have tried to redefine \linewidth and \textwidth inside the equation, but it does not work. Specifically I have numerous lengthy equations, with very little text in between. I like to have say 65 to 70 characters per text line for readability reasons, but this severely restrict the equation size. How can I maintain a readable linelength and have more space for longer equations? /Troels You can't easily change the parameters you mentioned, and if you do they apply to the whole page (if I remember correctly). You can see the informatin ...

[vim] Auto-adjusting 'scrolljump' to height of window
[Vim 6.2, running non-GUI (xterm), normal features] I would like to modify the value of the 'scrolljump' variable so that it is set to half the height of the current window, except for small windows (less than 10 lines high) -- at all times. I put the following lines in my `.vimrc': --- function MyScrollJump() if winheight(0) >= 10 let &scrolljump = winheight(0) / 2 else let &scrolljump = 1 endif endfunction autocmd VimEnter,WinEnter * call MyScrollJump() --- This leaves me with a problem. When I simply resize the cur...

US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355241984)
US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355241984) ============================================================================================== Position: Delta Sigma Modulator Int Reference: ZYD00148 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Record of successful design accomplishments required in high data rate and high clock rate designs (over 2 Gbps) or high frequency RF circuit design. Experience in state-of-the-art high speed circuit design, transistor level circ...

Adjusting Monitor
I am using a Samsung Syncmaster 930B, connected with a DVI cable to a G5 with the nVidia GeForce 6600 card. I wanted to adjust the brightness, contrast etc. but the buttons on the monitor don't bring up any on-screen menu. After poking around the Samsung website for a while, I found the following: ---- Important: If you have connected your monitor to your computer using a DVI cable and you have set your monitor to digital mode, you may not be able to use the OSD menu to adjust the brightness, and imost cases, you will not be able to use the OSD menu to adjust the contrast. Instead, you mu...

Sys$Year problem on Adjust
Ive just upgraded 2 RiscPCs from 4.02 to Adjust 4.39. Both were working correctly before. After upgrade, one is still completely correct. The other functions correctly except that it now always returns Sys$Year to 2001 on a shift-ctrl-f12 restart - not just when switched off - while the rest of the date and the time remain accurate to the second. Any ideas, anybody? -- Martin R. Devon MSc Consulting Engineer, Box, Wilts, UK RISC OS in the Timber Frame Housing Industry In message <cf2b26da4d.Martin@heleigh.org.uk> Martin Devon <martin.devon@heleigh.org.uk> wrote: ...

NEWBIE Q: computer clocks
What are the various clocks in a computer? How many clocks does a computer have? There is the real time clock, hardware clock, software clock and clock chip (e.g 8254). Are the real time clock and hardware clock the same? Any feedback appreciated. ...

Timing requirements for generating off-chip clock with DDR register
I am building a design that has to interface with some simple chips outside of my FPGA (I'm using a Virtex II). These chips are configured in a daisy-chain and need to receive a serial bitstream from my design. I am using a DDR register to generate the clock signal at the output pin and the data is being clocked out normally. I had trouble getting the timing to work out right. I was noticing that the chip was getting the bitstream off by one bit, i.e. it simply missed my first data bit and the rest were off by one clock cycle. Looking at the clock and data outputs on a scope identified...

Adjust video memory in Gateway MX8711
A friend has a gateway MX8711 laptop. It has the Intel� Graphics Media Accelerator 950 which used up to 224 MB shared video memory. In the BIOS it says the video card is using 8MB memory. He can not find any settings in the BIOS to change the memory. How do you change the memory to use the 224MB maximum memory? Thank you for your help. Joe2Shoe In news:Joe2Shoe.2zo0a8@no.email.invalid, Joe2Shoe typed on Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:03:31 -0600: > A friend has a gateway MX8711 laptop. It has the Intel� Graphics > Media Accelerator 950 which used up to 224 MB shared video memory. > In the...

iPhone clock broken, alarms not working.
Good job. Clocks haven't been around very long at all. I can see where it would difficult to make one. http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/psa-iphone-alarms-not-working-come-new-years-day-2011/ On Jan 1, 12:52=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote: > Good job. Clocks haven't been around very long at all. I can see where > it would difficult to make one. > > http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/psa-iphone-alarms-not-working-come... An iPhone bug that's not making some alarms work after 1/1. How long do you think it will take to get fixed? In the me...

adjust-array vs. :adjustable t
I'm afraid this topic has been raised in years past, but I'm not 100% comfortable with the info I've dug up so far and want to be sure I'm not missing anything. If I want to copy an array, being interested only in the original array dimension and elements, but ensure that the result is adjustable and has a fill pointer, I believe I'm forced to call MAKE-ARRAY and manually copy elements of the source to the new array. The point is to do a defensive copy, so I don't think I want a displaced array. And yes, this is a shallow copy that I'm talking about. Neither COPY-...

Time adjustement
Hi, I am working on Solaris 8. I have to adjust time of a platform (many servers) which is actually 12 minutes away from real time. I would like to use the Unix command 'date -a' to slowly adjust time on this live system. I have two questions : 1. How long the adjustement will take ? How to check when adjustement is done ? Where to find information (I looked arount on Internet and found nothing related to time adjustment) 2. The platform itself is a NTP server for some clients. Is it possible to adjust the server so the clients will follow (I know that a difference of 1 second for N...

Real Time Clock Hardware
I need to put a real-time clock on a board. I haven't needed to know anything about the market for this for years, and I see that I'm way out of date. I just need basic clock functionality that I can read and set under software control, I don't need any bells or whistles, and I don't care much about the format. What I do care about is something that I can put on the board easily and will work reliably. I could put a chip, caps, crystal and battery on the board. I see the 24-DIP sized chips that come with the flip-top, though, and they look like I could short-cut a n...

Thumbnail Viewer adjusting
here is simple and compact image viewer script, I'm satisfied with it, but would like to modify it a little: I want use only one image (use big image as a thumbnail), resize it dynamically for thumbnail, so this did not require to upload different sizes for the same image(big and small image). Hope that experts can not only criticise, but also give worth and useful advice :-) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm // ------------------------------------------------------------------- // Image Thumbnail Viewer Script- By Dynamic Drive, available at: http://www.dynamicdriv...

xntpd time adjustments
Hi All, A week ago we nearly lost our hacmp cluster as xntpd forwarded the clocks on both servers in the cluster by 50 secs. I got warnings in both errlogs that deadman switch was about to trigger , scary stuff! I have been trying to find out how the -x option in xntpd works by slewing the clock instead of stepping it. I do not understand how slewing works. If I use slewing instead of stepping could it stop problems like the above from happening? Thanks for any help. As far as I know, xntpd would never instantaneously forward your clock by 50 seconds. It's much more cautious than tha...

Adjustment of white and red balance with GIMP
OK, I am VERY hopeful about GIMP now that I got some guidance on cropping keyboard shortcuts. I can see now how I can very quickly crop and rotate pictures. Great. GIMP has matured a lot in the last 10 years or so. Two more questions. 1) How do I adjust white balance? If I photograph darkish oily objects (like machine parts) on light background, the images I get are too dark. I would like to make them lighter. 2) How do I adjust red balance? Sometimes a photograph makes objects with some rust on them, look rustier than they really are. I believe that by adjusting red balance, I could addr...

Re: Speaking of Speaking Clocks #10
Stanley settled back into the couch, and John R Covert <nospam@covert.org> said to him: > I had written: >> AFAIK, CDMA phones pick up the time the network operator sends > And Jay Ashworth replied: >> CDMA phones take timing from GPS; I undertsand it's right in the air >> interface spec. The phones and the MTSO all have to be locked >> together to chip-rate specs anyway > I think the primary evidence that CDMA phones are not getting their > time or timing directly from GPS would be the fact that there are many > places wh...

Tk::Adjuster
Hi, i'd like to use a window that is splitted into a left and a right side. I think this can be done with "Tk::Adjuster", but can i somehow change its behaviour so that i don't need to press the really small little square but can drag the separator itself. Can i somehow change the adjusters behaviour? Best regards, Torsten. Torsten Mohr wrote: > Can i somehow change the adjusters behaviour? Look at Tk::PanedWindow. --Ala Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> wrote in message news:<chiagi$adj$1@schleim.qwe.de>... > Hi, > &...

adjusting colorbar
When I use a contourplot, I set it up to use certain levels. If the colorbar command is then issued (in order to know what the colors represent), this colorbar shows fluent transitions, even if I have defined only a few levels. In order to make more clear to the person looking at the contourplot that only a limited number of levels were used, I would prefer the colorbar to show exactly what color connects to which numerical values (a more 'blocky' colorbar in this case). Any ideas on how to accomplish this? GJB Try, figure; sphere; colormap(jet(8)); colorbar; As an example. The c...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. Circuit Design Eng., PhD., analog design, Clock recovery; C-P (45321714409)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. Circuit Design Eng., PhD., analog design, Clock recovery; C-P (45321714409) ============================================================================================= Position: Sr. Circuit Design Eng. Reference: SMC01502 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: PhD Strong emphasis on analog design Experience in one or more of the following: Analog Circuit Design A/D Converters D/A Converter Switch-cap filters PLL�s Clock re...