compute the necessary correction amount/rate.

Author: Hewlett-Packard: http://www.hp.com/calculators/
========

Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
needs
the clock adjusting program.

The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
problems
running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
it in the 50.

Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?

Thanks!
P.
0
Reply Pierpaolo 1/25/2011 2:17:25 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> some years ago, on my hp48g I used to use a program
> to keep the clock exact.
>
> I think, but I'm not absolutely certain, that the program
> was this one:http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2698
>
> ========
> clk.zip

> by synchronizing the clock with a time standard, and using
> the accumulated adjustments with the elapsed time to
> compute the necessary correction amount/rate.
>
> Author: Hewlett-Packard:http://www.hp.com/calculators/
> ========
>
> Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
> needs
> the clock adjusting program.
>
> The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
> problems
> running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
> it in the 50.
>
> Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?
>
> Thanks!
> P.

Ciao Pierpaolo,

you can use these two programs:

Timeman
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581

ClckAdjst 3.0
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977

ClckAdjst 3.1
http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Saluti,
Simone.
0
Reply supergems 1/25/2011 2:30:07 PM

On 25 Gen, 15:30, supergems <simone.cer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can use these two programs:
>
> Timeman http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581
>
> ClckAdjst 3.0 http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977
>
> ClckAdjst 3.1 http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Grazie Simone!

I had already tried timeman, but it does not work.

Today I tried ClckAdjst, but I could not figure out how to use it
from
the documentation.

And in addition, both these programs, even if I could make them work,
do much more than I need, and do it in a way I don't like.

The HP program I mentioned above was perfect for me.
Isn't there a way to use it on the 50?

If not, I'll have to try to rewrite it from zero :(

Ciao
P.
0
Reply Pierpaolo 1/26/2011 9:31:53 AM

Hasn't there been some past discussion of the clock (and/or alarms)
being not too reliable (as well as not too precise)
in the ARM-emulated calculators?

Go to http://groups.google.com/groups/advanced_search
Group: comp.sys.hp48
Subject: CLKADJ

Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
(one thread contains 82 posts)

Emulators running on other platforms, however
(e.g. Emu48 and perhaps on other portable devices)
might transcend problems whose root cause
is in the on-board Kinpo ARM emulation of the Saturn
(and other components) within actual HP calculators.

[r->] [OFF]

0
Reply John 1/27/2011 12:15:29 AM

On 27 Gen, 01:15, John H Meyers <jhmey...@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
> (one thread contains 82 posts)

This one:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/e61645cf857feaaf/0aafcc75f916db2b?q=insubject%3ACLKADJ&lnk=ol&

Thanks.

I have some reading to do...

Cheers
P.
0
Reply Pierpaolo 1/27/2011 2:18:03 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9669 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problem with HP50G clock
I have set the date and times several times on my new HP50G since I got it on Monday. I have noticed that the time display advances properly ( This does not mean it is keeping good time, I have not checked this) when the calulator is on, however when I turn off the calulatyor and turn it on again in several hours( Or minutes for that matter) it is still set to the exact time I set it to when I turned it off, Any idea as to what is going on? Do i need to set a flag etc? Harold A. Climer Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Chattanooga TN USA 37403 > I...

clock adjustment rate under Linux
I'm a bit at a loss... What is the maximal clock adjustment rate under stock Linux and ntp-4.1.2? "David Monniaux" <David.Monniaux@ens.fr> wrote in message news:cbsa6v$s8h$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > I'm a bit at a loss... What is the maximal clock adjustment rate > under stock Linux and ntp-4.1.2? What it is for every NTP version on every platform: 500 ppm. If it's not enough, usually your motherboard is broken. Groetjes, Maarten Wiltink You can get over 500ppm but it depends on hardware you are using. Tomasz www.ntp-servers.com Uzytkownik "David M...

Need help to adjust javascript clock
Here is javscript clock: http://javascript.internet.com/time-date/mousetrailclock.html which I want adjust a little: 1. I want replace the days of week/year/date in external circle with just custom text: 'www.company.com' 2. I want to reduce a little rotation speed of this text. 3. I want to fix a clock in some place, no need in mouse trail effect. there is the severe warning in script: //Alter nothing below! Alignments will be lost! Your valuable help/support appreciated.. Mistral goto to line no. 32 the line which says: TodaysDate=" ....... just change whatever written...

Clock Adjust for HP49G and hp49g+ (50g)
Dear HP-Users Since some years, I am providing a tool for time-management (time-keeper) for HP 49G and hp 49g+ (50g). This tool includes change for daylight saving time (DST). Most HP 49G/49g+ clocks are not very accurate. One second a day may not seem to be much, but will sum up to a minute in two months. Additionally, the temperature or battery status of the 49G/49g+, and therefore the usage of the calculator, influences the clock speed. ClckAdjst is a library, which provides tools for "automatic" clock adjustments and much more. ClckAdjst provides fast and easy setting and adjust...

clock in Linux runninf fast: how adjust?

New at Tk
I am new at Perl/Tk. Want a GUI that will have a clock I can run forward/backward, and pause. The foward/backward, speed up/down works, and the pause button works, but I can't seem to get it to resume. Here is the code. Thanks for your help. The PausePlay section is pretty dumb looking - it was where I was just trying several ideas. Boyd OOps forgot the code. boyd wrote: > I am new at Perl/Tk. Want a GUI that will have a clock I can run > forward/backward, and pause. The foward/backward, speed up/down works, > and the pause button works, but I can&...

RE: Problem with HP50G clock WSLOG etc
Would WSLOG give any hints as to what is going on? I got the following: 1st line 000000000000000000000 2nd Line 000000000000000000000 3ed line some date in 2002 4th line 7/31/06 15:09 ( this was soon after I put the batteries in last Monday when I got the calc from SAMS CLUB.) Would resetting the calc completely help?( Taking all the batteries out and waiting 24 Hours or so.) Harold A. Climer Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Chattanooga TN USA 37403 Harold A. Climer wrote: > Would WSLOG give any hints as to what is going on? no I...

Need help to adjust script(analog clock)
Here is javscript analog clock: http://javascript.internet.com/time-date/mousetrailclock.html I want adjust some things a little: 1. I want replace the days of week/year/date in external circle with just custom text: www.company.com - date, days, year not requied 2. I want to reduce a little rotation speed of text. 3. I want to make clock static in some place in web, no need in mouse trail effect. Your valuable help/support appreciated.. Mistral <polychrom@softhome.net> wrote in message news:1149788116.465806.56060@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Here is javscript analog ...

OT
This is off topic for the news group, but I know there is a vast array of experience here, hopefully someone can help. I've an application where I need a 20MHz clock which can be adjusted by +/- 2% (rough requirements, the client doesn't actually know what's required). The timebase of frequency adjustments isn't critical. I haven't been given any jitter specs. This has to be incorporated in a working prototype in 3 weeks so the solution must be simple and fairly stable. The VCXOs that I've found are adjustable by at most 200ppm, so this isn't an option. I'm ...

Adjusting the XP time-of-day clock automatically -is there a way?
On W95,W98 I call the int 21 function to change the seconds, and finally the 54ms clock tic notices the change and adjusts itself. On the XP I try the same (my program runs continuously and I have key comands and internal - +/- # secods per week adjust) In a previous article, meek@skyway.usask.ca wrote: > On W95,W98 I call the int 21 function to change the seconds, and finally >the 54ms clock tic notices the change and adjusts itself. > On the XP I try the same (my program runs continuously and I have >key comands and internal - +/- # secods per week adjust) (sorry - p...

Do I need to adjust sdram clk shift when i lower my system clock?
Hi everyon, hope someone can give me a pointer or help. I lowered the system clock in the Altera stratix example design (standard) from 50 to 35 Mhz. Is it necessary to change the time shift of the sdram clock?? (-3.5ns by default) because, a time shift of -3.5 ns seems to work fine until i fixed a huge (around 10k LE) jpeg decompression unit on to the system. Does anyone know do i need a new time shift or not? I tried a several delay from -1.0 to -8ns, but the system is still not stable, my c program can be downloaded to the board but at times fails to verification. (It sometimes passes ve...

Can the computer's time-clock speed be adjusted?
I have an IBM Thinkpad T23 running Windows XP Pro. I've noticed that the computer's clock falls behind by about one or two minutes per day. Is there any way to adjust the "speed" of the clock (to have it run a little faster so I don't have to reset the time every couple of days)? By the way, I always use the computer on the AC adapter, *without* the batteries in place. Could it be because of the internal CMOS battery? If yes, is it fairly easy to change? (Please do *NOT* advise me to have the computer automatically set its clock by linking to an internet site. ...

FreeBSD 4.11 clock will not adjust to current time after resume
Hi everybody, I've recently installed 4.11 on my Dell L400 laptop. It goes into suspend mode just fine but when I resume the laptop the clock will not reflect the current time on the laptop. The mouse pointer (using Gnome) will not work either. Does anyone have any solutions that I may try to fix this? Thanks. Sean ...

once 'ntpd' stops, does the drift file value continue to get used for clock adjustments?
I have a stable drift value on my fedora 12 node and everything is running well. (offsets are well below 1msec). If I now stop 'ntpd' will my time start to drift relative to the 'correct time' by the PPM value in the drift file? Or is it that ntpd has already set things up so that corrections as per last value of drift file will continue indefinitely? If it is the latter and if indeed my drift value is quite good (as ntpd had run for many days already), it seems I can go for many more days w/o ntpd and not get very much out of sync at all. Any comments welcome. Thanks. Gautam...

hwclock --adjust does not adjust
I can't understand hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" Does not work! And does not work hwclock --adjust, independently from /etc/adjtime content. But: ntpdate pool.ntp.org It works and it update my clock (hardware and system) Does anyone knows what could be the mistake? Thanks in advance Antonio <nospam@nospam.ns> did eloquently scribble: > I can't understand > hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" > Does not work! Yes, it does. It updates the HARDWARE clock. The system clock is only updated at startup or when told to. ...

Divided clock seems synchronous to original clk in terms it is stable on clk edage. On the other hand, synchronous signals should switch simultaneusly while divided signal is calculated on the clk egdage; hence, it switches after Thold and the condition is not met. I understand principles of asynchronous communication. Should I treat divided clock as an asynchronous clock domain? Any references are appretiated. > Divided clock seems synchronous to original clk in terms it is stable on > clk > edage. On the other hand, synchronous signals should switch simultaneusly > while divi...

clock multipliers, dividers, and more clocks...
Ok, so I have a system that has a 25mhz clock built on it, and I'd like to have either a 20mhz clock or a 100mhz clock, Now I'm thinking of options, 1) make a 20mhz clock out of the 25mhz. - the obvious idea is to count up to 5 and force a state change on one of the counts, but this will give me a 80/20 duty cycle. If i'm only clocking on the rising edge, is this a problem? 2) how would I make a 20mhz clock out of the 25mhz with a closer to 50/50 duty cycle? 3) I keep hearing about clock mulitpliers, how is that done in an fpga? I could on paper multiply the 25mhz by 4 and ha...

Multi-clock / clocking counter
Hello all, I have a slightly interesting problem here, and I wanted to know if my approach has any hazards which I should be aware of. My design is for a CPLD, if that matters. I have a binary synchronous counter, I call Master_Counter, that I want to clock at 312.5kHz (1/128th my system clock of 40MHz). I generate my 1/128 Prescale_CLK by picking off the MSB of a 7-bit counter which is clocked at Sys_CLK frequency(40MHz). In my design, Master_Counter usage is multiplexed -- it will be used to time four separate signals (which are synchronous to the 40MHz Sys_CLK) all 26kHz or below....

Doomsday clock (XGA clocks)
Um, how do the various oscillators on the XGA interplay to set frequencies? In the tech ref, there is CLK1 and CLK2 (plus the possibility of ANOTHER clock over the AVE!). U44 40.0000 MHz DMA Clock / 2 (not involved in video?) U45 44.9000 MHz Pixelclock 1024x768, 43.5Hz I (8514/A) mode U46 28.3220 MHz VGA / Text mode U47 41.5390 MHz Pixelclock 132-colums mode U48 25.1750 MHz Pixelclock 640 x 480 / 400 modes Louis Ohland wrote: > Um, how do the various oscillators on the XGA interplay to set > frequencies? In the tech ref, there is CLK1 and CLK2 (plus the &g...

Clock
Hi, I would like to set up a script that includes a Windows API interface of a pop-up that displays a changeable date and time. Whatever date and time is set, the program will input that data into a time array. For example, I if I run the program, set today's date and time on the interface: July 20, 2006 10:40 AM, it will output the result into an array like this: @runtime = (0, 40, 10, 20, 6, 2006); ### (seconds, minutes, hours, day, month (-1), year) I guess there are two questions involved: how do I call the described API and how does it get placed into an array for processing? Th...

clock
When configuring a virtex fpga with a prom in master serial mode, how is the clock generated by the fpga. I presume I don&#8217;t need to input any other clock other than my normal fast clock of 100MHz. In master mode the configuration clock is generated by an FPGE-internal RC oscillator. The frequency is not very accurate or stable, but good enough for the purpose. Peter Alfke =============== chuk wrote: > > When configuring a virtex fpga with a prom in master serial mode, how > is the clock generated by the fpga. I presume I don&#8217;t need to > input any other cloc...

adjust
Hi, How do i right adjust my output using python.I need a output something like this: DID= 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x05,0x06,0x07,0x2B,0x30,0x31,0x4D,0x4E, 0x51,0x52,0x53,0x55, minlength= 3, 3, 4, 2, 10, 10, 40, 2, 150, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 3, 17, 1, maxlength= 3, 3, 4, 2, 10, 10, 40, 2, 150, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 30, 6, 3, 17, 20 I am printing from a list, and the values shld print below each id like shown. Thx saif.shakeel@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > How do i right adjust my output using python.I n...

clock
Hello i would like to create a discompte of clock, somebody can help me Thanks ...

Clock
I am trying to get my hands (no pun intended) on the clock function and the ability to put/get times. I would like to set an alarm on a PDA (that is a small computer) and need to get the current time, add 30 minutes and put the text into the text input area. How can I do that? Thanks F ep <eps57@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to get my hands (no pun intended) on the clock function and the > ability to put/get times. > > I would like to set an alarm on a PDA (that is a small computer) and need to > get the current time, add 30 minutes and put the text into th...