compute the necessary correction amount/rate.

Author: Hewlett-Packard: http://www.hp.com/calculators/
========

Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
needs
the clock adjusting program.

The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
problems
running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
it in the 50.

Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?

Thanks!
P.
0
Pierpaolo
1/25/2011 2:17:25 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> some years ago, on my hp48g I used to use a program
> to keep the clock exact.
>
> I think, but I'm not absolutely certain, that the program
> was this one:http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2698
>
> ========
> clk.zip

> by synchronizing the clock with a time standard, and using
> the accumulated adjustments with the elapsed time to
> compute the necessary correction amount/rate.
>
> Author: Hewlett-Packard:http://www.hp.com/calculators/
> ========
>
> Now, I bought a HP50g. This new calculator is wonderful, but *really*
> needs
> the clock adjusting program.
>
> The old program was entirely user-RPL, so I think there should be no
> problems
> running it on the new calc, however, I did not succeed in installing
> it in the 50.
>
> Can someone please explain me how to install this program on the 50?
>
> Thanks!
> P.

Ciao Pierpaolo,

you can use these two programs:

Timeman
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581

ClckAdjst 3.0
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977

ClckAdjst 3.1
http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Saluti,
Simone.
0
supergems
1/25/2011 2:30:07 PM
On 25 Gen, 15:30, supergems <simone.cer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Gen, 15:17, Pierpaolo BERNARDI <olopie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can use these two programs:
>
> Timeman http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5581
>
> ClckAdjst 3.0 http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4977
>
> ClckAdjst 3.1 http://users.belgacom.net/ea/Heiko/HP49/index.htm

Grazie Simone!

I had already tried timeman, but it does not work.

Today I tried ClckAdjst, but I could not figure out how to use it
from
the documentation.

And in addition, both these programs, even if I could make them work,
do much more than I need, and do it in a way I don't like.

The HP program I mentioned above was perfect for me.
Isn't there a way to use it on the 50?

If not, I'll have to try to rewrite it from zero :(

Ciao
P.
0
Pierpaolo
1/26/2011 9:31:53 AM
Hasn't there been some past discussion of the clock (and/or alarms)
being not too reliable (as well as not too precise)
in the ARM-emulated calculators?

Go to http://groups.google.com/groups/advanced_search
Group: comp.sys.hp48
Subject: CLKADJ

Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
(one thread contains 82 posts)

Emulators running on other platforms, however
(e.g. Emu48 and perhaps on other portable devices)
might transcend problems whose root cause
is in the on-board Kinpo ARM emulation of the Saturn
(and other components) within actual HP calculators.

[r->] [OFF]

0
John
1/27/2011 12:15:29 AM
On 27 Gen, 01:15, John H Meyers <jhmey...@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> Look for threads in 2005 and 2006 with CLKADJ in the subject
> (one thread contains 82 posts)

This one:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/e61645cf857feaaf/0aafcc75f916db2b?q=insubject%3ACLKADJ&lnk=ol&

Thanks.