Conn4x & USB rev 2.2.2348 - 1.2 now at HP site.

It's available at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=351776&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=33568&prodTypeId=215348&swEnvOID=20
That's HP's "business support center" site. The "HP Customer Care" site
doesn't have it yet; as far as I can tell, it usually takes a few more
days for new files to show up there.

It's not obvious to me what the changes from build 2345 are, but I've
downloaded and installed build 2348, and it's seems to work ok.

The USB driver installation is still a bit strange on my MS Windows 98SE
system. I still get an "Insert Disk" box that says:

   The file 'HPx9G.cat' on USB Device
   Installation Directory for HPx9G+ cannot be
   found.

   Setup could not find a file on the specified
   path. If the path appears below, make sure it
   is correct. Click OK to try copying again.

Ok, I can't find it either, so I click on the "skip this file" option,
and it finishes. Conn4x works ok.

--
Regards,
James

0
James
2/20/2004 11:00:35 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

> It's not obvious to me what the changes from build 2345 are, but I've
> downloaded and installed build 2348, and it's seems to work ok.

A mysterious force has informed me that these are the changes from 2345 to 2348!

Fixed:
  EVAL needs to be off for multiple selects, no selects and left side view.
  RPL Command Window now disables/enables buttons instead of just beeping.
  Text files now use a faster, direct command and not a file if length < 300 characters.
Added:
  select files based on this option.  The help file has been changed to match.
Adjusted forms to handle 120 DPI displays in Screen Capture, RPNCommand Windows.
Added F1 key for help in Screen Capture and RPNCommand

> The USB driver installation is still a bit strange on my MS Windows 98SE
> system. I still get an "Insert Disk" box that says:

There are so many differences with the installation of these drivers.
I always plug in the calc, go to Device Manager and check that the driver version is correct.  Current = 1.2.0.0.  If it is not
correct, click "Change Driver" and point the boxes to "have disk" and then C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Conn4x\USBDriver.  This
forces the right driver.  You might have to do this for any other USB ports you have used in the past as well!
Bill Graves   RKBA!
bgraves@ix.netcom.com

0
William