Connecting to new Windows 7 computer, need some help.

Hi, anyway to connect HP48 to a newer Windows 7 computer? I need a way transfer files.
0
schwinnsta
4/23/2013 2:27:02 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On Monday, April 22, 2013 10:27:02 PM UTC-4, schwi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, anyway to connect HP48 to a newer Windows 7 computer? I need a way tr=
ansfer files.

First, I will assume you mean an Hp 48s or Hp 48G series calculator.  Corre=
ct?
You then need two cables, the Hp 48s or G serial cable and then a USB to RS=
 232 serial conversion cable as most Windows 7 computers no longer have an =
RS232 cable.  Then go to Hpcalc.org and get the normal Hp Graphing calculat=
or program Ver3.04 (it has the Doggie in the Window).  It will ask for a co=
m setup, usually Com 3 and tinker with it.  You should read and configure y=
our Hp calculator too.  You confirm that it is connected to calculator then=
 just drag and drop files that you want to load or archive, it is a bidirec=
tional process. =20

The newer Hp graphing calculators ie Hp 48gii also has a serial port and th=
e newer ones have a USB port as well.  The ones with a USB port do not need=
 an RS-232 cable but can connect directly to the calculator port.=20

I hope I have provided you with enough information to get started.

0
rross

-Need help on a new computer...
-Hi there, I'm hoping some might be kind enough to help me out as I know nothing about computers anymore and would rather not do 20+ hours of research... What I do: Surf and play poker on-line: Not power intensive. What I would like to do: Play newer shoot'em up games: Very power intensive. While I like to play games I care far more about the game play and less about the graphics. I want to play on line against others so I need it to be smooth but I don't care about the graphics that have to do with ambience like reflections and how light and shadow is cast. I wo...

Upgrading to a new computer, need help....
My folks are doing an upgrade from a Performa 6116 to a PC. They are sick of Apple, and no amount of persuading can convince them to purchase a macintosh again. They understand that purchasing another mac would preserve all their programs and make the file transfer process far easier and floppy-less. On a new mac we would thus setup an ethernet connection via AppleTalk, and I sure hope OS X can do AppleTalk since our Mac runs 8.6. Well anyways we will probably be going with a Sony or HP. I�ve thought about Dell, but hate mail order. The fastest and cost effective way to transfer all th...

Need help buying a new computer
I'm ready to buy a new computer but need some help. I like to play role playing games so I know I'll need a decent machine. It's been a long time since I bought a rpg since my computer wasn't good enough to run Oblivion, HOMM5(?) or Gothic 3...the 3 games I was most looking forward to at the time. I don't even know what's come out since then. Anyway, I sure could use some help with what mother board, video card, sound card etc. to get. And I was trying to read about dual core, quad core, found out you can have more than one video card....and boy! did I get ...

Need Help Connecting Two Computers
I am trying to connect two computers with a crossover cable. Computer "A" has two onboard ports and one is used for the Internet. It is running Vista Ultimate. Computer "B" has two available ports, one onboard and one Ethernet card. It is running XP Pro. I have connected the two with a crossover cable but can't get it to work. I'm not sure what else I have to do. I've tried browsing the web but what I've tried didn't work either. When I unplug the connection from "A" a network connection unplugged message pops up on c...

need help syncing after reset/new computer
Hey, I have a Handspring Visor, which uses the PalmOS. I recently had to get a new computer but I saved my Palm folder onto a cd before junking it. Then, before I could reinstall my Palm sofware and sync on my new computer, my Visor crashed. I did the reset and everything was blank. So, I installed the Palm OS software and put the old Palm folder on my new computer. I did the sync and it synched like it was a new Visor, naturally. So then I tried replacing the entire PALM folder and syncing, but didn't work. Then I just replaced the old folder with my name (bcain) and syncing ag...

I am new to this Computer and Internet thing and need help
Hello, I am new to this Internet experience and am developing a web site, www.haroldsays.com. I have created the site to offer helps to people, scam alerts, Rants and Raves (tell the world what is good and what sucks). So, you good folks think that one platform or operating system is better than another...one system is better than another...Linux or Windows. I am a basic KISS (keep it simple stupid-me being the more stupid one) so any information you provide, keep it simple. What is the best operating system to use for web site development and for operating on my computer? Any software that i...

I need help as my router looses connection to Windows XP
I will try to make this as short as possible. For some reason, my router (Netgear WGR614v3) keeps loosing the connection to my Windows XP SP1, causing me to loose my DSL connection for about 10 - 30 seconds. Then as if nothing happened, I am back online. This happenes randomly (sometimes twice a day, and sometimes more) I know that it is not a defective router, as I had a D-Link 624 before that, and I have already exchanged my Netgear twice (trying different BIOS version and tec). All lead to the same symptom: A little popup box at the bottom right tells me that the LAN cable...

Newbie Needs help opening new window with button.
First I want to apologize, I am very new to this. I want to open a new window when some one clicks on a certain button. I'm just using it off my desktop for right now. Here is what I have: The function: function newWindow("../New Folder/imageloop.htm") { if(document.all){ window.open("../New Folder/imageloop.htm", 'fullscreen=yes'); return false; } return true; } In the Body: <INPUT TYPE=BUTTON ID="newwindowButton" VALUE="New Window" ONCLICK="newWindow()" onmouseover="self.status ='Opens Another Wind...

AOL Support | Windows Help and Support | Computer Support | Microsoft Technical Support | Online Computer Help
World leading Online Computer Support with Live-Technician on 1-888-414-5815 and get Online Technical Support, Online Computer Help, Dell and HP Tech Support, Windows Support, Computer Experts, XP Vista and Windows 7 support, Email and Outlook Support, 24x7 tech support, Tech support, Digital camera, On Phone Computer Support by Microsoft Certified Technicians. http://www.live-technician.com ...

[...]

Re: New old SAS guy needs help #7
I doubt it, I use double quotes except when I need to prevent macro variable resolution but they are identical otherwise. -Joe On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM, John F. Regus <jfregus@ix.netcom.com>wrote: > Thanks Joe...I noticed you put your PC file name in double quotes, I only > had mine in single quotes...was that the reason the file was not found? > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Matise" <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> > To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:07 AM > > Subject: Re: New old SAS guy needs help >...

Need Help
I want to buy my husband a new computer for the holidays. He primarily uses it for SPSS (PhD student), and I was wondering what people recommend in terms of RAM, Processors(Is dual core OK?), Video cards, etc. I know his current computer runs the program frustratingly slowly. I'm basically looking to find something that will run it close to as quickly as possibly without going overboard. I'm hoping this computer will last a year and a half to two years, so a little wiggle room for the new versions of SPSS that might be released in the next two years would be great. Thanks, LawGeek. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:53:56 -0800 (PST), LawGeek <LCiaccio@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to buy my husband a new computer for the holidays. He >primarily uses it for SPSS (PhD student), and I was wondering what >people recommend in terms of RAM, Processors(Is dual core OK?), Video >cards, etc. I know his current computer runs the program >frustratingly slowly. > >I'm basically looking to find something that will run it close to as >quickly as possibly without going overboard. I'm hoping this computer >will last a year and a half to two years, so a little wiggle room for >the new versions of SPSS that might be released in the next two years >would be great. > If the computer will run Windows Vista, everyone says that you want 2GB RAM at least, and probably 4. My new one has 4 GB. My old one was slo...

HELP! Connection does SOMETIMES not work on new installed Win2K Computers!
Hello Out there! I have a DB2 V7.2 Database (Fix11) on Win 2000 Professional. It was before a NT 4 based Domain - now it is a Win 2000 Domain. The database server is a domain member. Now sometimes Win 2000 Clients can't connect to the database. They connect over TCP/IP. The db2log says that the function getHostByName failed. It seems to be only on new installed win 2000 Workstations. Already installed WS have NOT this problem. What can I do? Please Help! I now configure the clients to connect over named pipes. Can this help? Thank you all, Frank I have found a diffe...

Need help understanding how ipv4 and ipv6 coexist under Windows 7
I'm trying to understand something that happened in our network recently. C= urrent, we're all ipv4 based, but a few machines here and there have ipv6 e= nabled by mistake. Everything has been working ok, but recently we had some= dhcp issues. I'm trying to understand how exactly ipv6 and ipv4 work toget= her. Questions: - if we have workstations with ipv6 enabled but no dhcpv6 servers, does the= ff02::1:2 multicast address exist on the network? If something starts up a= dhcpv6 server somewhere, would that explain why several workstations have = started sending out ...

Connecting to a Windows share from a Windows computer
We have two separate servers running Windows Server 2003, and what we need to do is simply copy files from a share on one of the computers to the other, the computers share a domain. I assume there is some simple library that I can't find and was hoping someone could share that with me. If necessary, I will be able to provide more information or let you know if it's working tonight around 1 AM CDT. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry if I choose the wrong topic in which to post this. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Datum: Mon...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

AOL Support | Windows Help and Support | Computer Support | Microsoft Technical Support | Online Computer Help #2
World leading Online Computer Support with Live-Technician on 1-888-414-5815 and get Online Technical Support, Online Computer Help, Dell and HP Tech Support, Windows Support, Computer Experts, XP Vista and Windows 7 support, Email and Outlook Support, 24x7 tech support, Tech support, Digital camera, On Phone Computer Support by Microsoft Certified Technicians. http://www.live-technician.com ...

Need some help on a new memory tool (VAST 7.0.0)
Hi. This is a bit long winded but I wanted to give an idea of what's going on. <Background Info> The project I'm working on currently takes about 2 gigs of memory to run and we've been looking at ways to reduce the memory requirement. The project is a simulation where each simulation run can take several hours (3-8hrs) to run. I believe part of our problems are because we're creating objects early on in the simulation and never letting them go and we carry this memory baggage with us through the course of the simulation run. I've built a tool that re...

need help connecting new printer to XP pc via ethernet
I just got a new Brother all-in-one printer. It has an ethernet connection (along with USB). I'm running low on available USB ports and I'm not using the ethernet connection on my Dell, so I thought I'd try to set it up via ethernet. The manual that came with the PC doesn't give any info on setting up the connection - it assumes a network already exists I guess and all you need to do is plug it into the hub or router, which I don't have. I know that I need a crossover cable for a direct connection to the PC, but that's about all I know. Will XP guide me through this once I connect the printer? Can anyone help me with some steps to take or provide some guidance? I know I need an IP address for the PC and the printer - how is this done? Sorry if this stuff is all obvious, but I'm totally new to any type of networking, and I thought I'd just ask for some guidance before I dove in blindly. Thanks Raspy wrote: > I just got a new Brother all-in-one printer. It has an ethernet connection > (along with USB). I'm running low on available USB ports and I'm not using > the ethernet connection on my Dell, so I thought I'd try to set it up via > ethernet. The manual that came with the PC doesn't give any info on setting > up the connection - it assumes a network already exists I guess and all you > need to do is plug it into the hub or router, which I don't have. > > I k...

Hmmm...maybe people won't need new machines for Windows 7
Someone with too much time on his hands has been playing around with running Windows 7 on older hardware: <http://www.pcworld.com/article/166992/windows_7_hits_a_new_low.html?loom ia_ow=t0:s0:a41:g26:r22:c0.005330:b25911362:z0> > <http://www.pcworld.com/article/166992/windows_7_hits_a_new_low.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a41:g26:r22:c0.005330:b25911362:z0> He's down to a Pentium II, 96 MB of RAM, and a video card with 4 MB of RAM. -- --Tim Smith Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Tim Smith wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department ...

Need help making a VPN client connection within Windows 2000 Scheduled Task
Hi folks, I have a batch procedure that invokes a certificate-secured VPNclient.exe to make a connection, do some work, and then disconnect. I need to make this work in a scheduled task. The batch procedure works fine interactively. It works fine in a scheduled task AS LONG AS I AM LOGGED IN INTERACTIVELY. It does NOT work as a scheduled task if I am not logged in. It seems to me the issue is that the Scheduler process, running as LocalSystem, does not have access to the appropriate certificate. Even if I configure the Scheduled Task to RunAs my user account it doesn't work: it seem...

Web resources about - Connecting to new Windows 7 computer, need some help. - comp.sys.hp48

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...