Converting degrees DDD.MM.SS to Degrees in decimal

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?

GC

0
Reply Chips 5/22/2005 2:33:38 AM

See related articles to this posting

Chips wrote:

> Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
> minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?
>
> GC

->HMS HMS->

0
Reply Michael 5/22/2005 3:10:02 AM

In article <6cSje.1622$mK.617@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
 "Chips" <Chips1@reliableins.nospam> wrote:

> Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
> minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?
>
> GC

Yes! Think of hours, minutes and seconds, with hours = degrees.

Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,  then pressing NXT gets you
to the commands

\->HMS, which coverts decimal hours to hours, minutes, seconds and

HMS\->, which converts hours, minutes, seconds to decimal hours.

The HMS format is hh.mmssfffff where h's represents hours, m's minutes,
s's seconds and f's decimal fractions of a second.
0
Reply Virgil 5/22/2005 4:38:08 AM

           -=[ Sun, 22.5.05 5:51 p.m. +1200 (NZT) ]=-

Hello Virgil,  <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com>

01h13m ago, on Sat, 21.5.05 at 10:38 p.m. -0600, you wrote
in message ID <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil-BF4476.22380821052005@comcast.dca.giganews.com> :

> Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,

Or holding down Rightshift and pressing 9 leads you directly
to the Tools menu.

--
Tony

0
Reply Tony 5/22/2005 5:56:30 AM

In article <11175967ROBOTLX@news.clear.net.nz>,
 Tony Hutchins <justth@csi.com> wrote:

>            -=[ Sun, 22.5.05 5:51 p.m. +1200 (NZT) ]=-
>
> Hello Virgil,  <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com>
>
> 01h13m ago, on Sat, 21.5.05 at 10:38 p.m. -0600, you wrote
> in message ID
> <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil-BF4476.22380821052005@comcast.dca.giganews.com> :
>
> > Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,
>
> Or holding down Rightshift and pressing 9 leads you directly
> to the Tools menu.

So it does.
0
Reply Virgil 5/22/2005 6:22:31 AM

Perfect!

And if I recall, I can assign the hms tools to a softkey in a custom menu,
and have them ready to go.

Thanks,

GC

"Virgil" <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com> wrote in message
> In article <6cSje.1622$mK.617@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Chips" <Chips1@reliableins.nospam> wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
>> minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?
>>
>> GC
>
> Yes! Think of hours, minutes and seconds, with hours = degrees.
>
> Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,  then pressing NXT gets you
> to the commands
>
> \->HMS, which coverts decimal hours to hours, minutes, seconds and
>
> HMS\->, which converts hours, minutes, seconds to decimal hours.
>
> The HMS format is hh.mmssfffff where h's represents hours, m's minutes,
> s's seconds and f's decimal fractions of a second.

0
Reply Chips 5/22/2005 2:32:08 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9680 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Converting Lat/Long from degrees-minutes-second to decimal degrees [telecom]
Here's a great FCC site that converts Latitude and Longitude in Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds to or from Decimal Degrees. http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html HTH. Bill In article <E1T3Iqi-0003JI-1V@telecom.xen.prgmr.com>, <bill@horne.VALID-IF-THIS-IS-ELIDED.net> wrote: >Here's a great FCC site that converts Latitude and Longitude in >Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds to or from Decimal Degrees. >http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html Of course, with no disrespect to Dale Bickel, it's also trivial to d...

Convert degrees to radians and radians to degrees
Hello. Does VO 2.7 function to convert degrees to radians and radians to degrees ? Whoever, >Hello. >Does VO 2.7 function to convert degrees to radians and radians to degrees ? FUNCTION DegToRad( fDeg AS FLOAT ) AS FLOAT STRICT RETURN fDeg * PI / 180.0 FUNCTION DegToRad( fDeg AS FLOAT ) AS FLOAT STRICT RETURN fDeg * PI / 180.0 HTH Karl On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:52:09 AM UTC-7, Karl Faller wrote: > Whoever, > > > > >Hello. > > >Does VO 2.7 function to convert degrees to radians and radians to degrees ? > > FUNCTION De...

Converting from decimal degrees to DMS on 49G+
I have searched the newsgroup archives, and the user's manual for the 49G+ but I can't find any explanation for how to convert from degrees, minutes, and seconds to decimal degrees and vice versa. There are plenty of articles about how to do it on the 48G's, but none for the 49G+. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, Eric "Eric Dickerson" <dickerson_eric@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1d98a705.0404141032.6236cff2@posting.google.com... > I have searched the newsgroup archives, and the user's manual for the > 49G+ but I can't find any explana...

Converting Latitude/Longitude (decimal degrees) to Bearing?
Does someone have a formula to convert the lat and lon from two locations (A and B) to bearings (location B relative to location A)? Hi, Here are some posts to get you started: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0605D&L=sas-l&P=R6483 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0511C&L=sas-l&P=R32434 Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of anderson115@GMAIL.COM Sent: Tuesday...

Re: Converting Latitude/Longitude (decimal degrees) to Bearing?
Hi, Here are some posts to get you started: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0605D&L=sas-l&P=R6483 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0511C&L=sas-l&P=R32434 Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of anderson115@GMAIL.COM Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:53 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Converting Latitude/Longitude (decimal degrees) to Bearing? Does someone h...

Convert a 2x2.5 degree grid sized matrix to 0.5x0.5 degree grid matrix
I have two datasets from GFDL and MISR, grid size of GFDL dataset is of 2 x 2.5 degree lat and long. while MISR dataset is of 0.5x0.5 degree lat and long, over the indian domain, I want to break up the 2 x 2.5 degree dataset to 0.5x0.5 degree, rather I want to interpolate the 2x2.5 dataset to 0.5 x 0.5 gridded value so as to compare with MISR ...

degree converter
I am looking for a tool to convert between different degree formats used in GPS systems. For instance: DD MM SS.SS (degrees, minutes, seconds) to DD MM.MMMM (degrees, minutes) or DD MM.MMMM (degrees, minutes) to DD.DDDD (decimal degrees) There are some examples on the internet where format conversions can be done, e.g. <http://www.geology.enr.state.nc.us/gis/latlon.html> <http://www.cosports.com/tools/gps_coords.htm> ....but of course doing it directly in Matlab would be easier. Does anybody have such a script? Regards ...

AI Degree or Masters Degree?
Hi I'm looking for a degree or masters degree that covers AI topics that is offered via distance or internet (especially in Australia). Thanks ...

Re: Converting Latitude/Longitude (decimal degrees) to Bearing? #3 690796
BD9439@ATT.COM replied: > >Hi > >Here's a little SAS example to calculate both the bearing and the >distance between two points. It's a bit long-winded for illustration >purposes. Good code is always appreciated. I don't think it is too long for SAS-L. > I got a lot of help from this web site: > >http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html > >There are two different distance calculation techniques used and either >works for me. I don't claim to understand how any of this works; I just It's basic spherical trigono...

Re: Converting Latitude/Longitude (decimal degrees) to Bearing? #3 1563858
Hi Here's a little SAS example to calculate both the bearing and the distance between two points. It's a bit long-winded for illustration purposes. I got a lot of help from this web site: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html There are two different distance calculation techniques used and either works for me. I don't claim to understand how any of this works; I just have this in my SAS toolbox. There are many online discussions out there if you're interested. It seems to depend on the degree of accuracy you need. And if you need distance in kilometers, ch...

Degree to degree,minutes,seconds conversion
I need to convert degree to degree, minutes and seconds. Example: 1degree=1degree,0minutes,0seconds. The front panel should have one numerical control and one numerical indicator. Multiply your control value by 3600 (sec/degree) and wire the product to the indicator. Right click on the indicator and select "properties"; then select "format and precision" and select "relative time". Make sure the hh:mm:ss radio button is selected. If you input 1.5, you will get 1:30:00. TeeJay "LabVIEWnewstudent" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:50650000...

US$ 100 for Alternative US Legal degrees, Free Instant University diploma, Verifiable degree and Accredited Diplomas with No Loophole, No Fake & No degree mill
Hi, The Largest Network of Universities in the World http://Instantdegrees.net offers US$ 100 for Alternative US Legal degrees, Free Instant University diploma, Verifiable degree and Accredited Diplomas with No Loophole, No Fake & No degree mill. http://instantdegrees.net/order.htm to get University Accreditation Certificate, University Certificate of Good Standing, Alumni database update in the respective University for verification and authentication, Certificate from US Secretary of State, Notarization and Attestation details to avail US and worldwide equivalence to...

US$ 100 for Alternative US Legal degrees, Free Instant University diploma, Verifiable degree and Accredited Diplomas with No Loophole, No Fake & No degree mill
Hi, The Largest Network of Universities in the World http://Instantdegrees.net offers US$ 100 for Alternative US Legal degrees, Free Instant University diploma, Verifiable degree and Accredited Diplomas with No Loophole, No Fake & No degree mill. http://instantdegrees.net/order.htm to get University Accreditation Certificate, University Certificate of Good Standing, Alumni database update in the respective University for verification and authentication, Certificate from US Secretary of State, Notarization and Attestation details to avail US and worldwide equivalence to...

how to convert yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to java.sql.Date
hi,how to convert date in this format yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss tojava.sql.Dateif i use directly like this java.sql.Date.valueOf(processDate)am getting exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For inputstring: "02 19:51:51"if anybody knows reply back immedietely.thanks in advance sh wrote:> hi,> > how to convert date in this format yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to> java.sql.Date> > > > if i use directly like this java.sql.Date.valueOf(processDate)> > am getting exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input> string:...

how to convert yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to java.sql.Date
hi, how to convert date in this format yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to java.sql.Date if i use directly like this java.sql.Date.valueOf(processDate) am getting exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "02 19:51:51" if anybody knows reply back immedietely. thanks in advance On 2 Mar, 14:30, "sh" <shailajabt...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > how to convert date in this format yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to > java.sql.Date > > if i use directly like this java.sql.Date.valueOf(processDate) > > am getti...

Degree
Does anyone know how I can put a degree symbol (like in 37�C) in Latex? He seems to just ignore the symbol... Thanks. Steven wrote: > Does anyone know how I can put a degree symbol (like in 37�C) in > Latex? He seems to just ignore the symbol... > Thanks. \usepackage{SIunits} 37 \degree C Steven schrieb: > > Does anyone know how I can put a degree symbol (like in 37�C) in > Latex? The package gensymb \usepackage{gensymb} provides a command \degree which works both in text and in formulas: 37\,degree It is recommended to load also the textcomp package, if the t...

degree
Hello, I'm really new to matlab, and my question is really simple: I put sin (45) in the command windows and it answer me 0.8509, but this is the radians value I need matlab return to me the degree value that is 0.70710, how do I tell matlab to answer me in degree? Thaks a lot. Ciao Anna Anna wrote: > Hello, I'm really new to matlab, and my question is really simple: > > I put sin (45) in the command windows and it answer me 0.8509, but > this is the radians value I need matlab return to me the degree value > that is 0.70710, how do I tell matlab to answer me in degr...

Converting distance to degrees
I have an ASCII grid of 1-km data values across the conterminous US, 4629 cols x 2931 rows. I was wondering if there is some kind of routine in IDL that will convert kilometers to degrees? I need to convert the 1-km data to a 0.5x0.5 degree grid. In article <33651085-7428-4309-a843-8d4a6bb9f330@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com>, Ashley Berg <ashley.berg@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an ASCII grid of 1-km data values across the conterminous US, > 4629 cols x 2931 rows. I was wondering if there is some kind of > routine in IDL that will convert kilometers to degrees? I need...

Latitude to decimal degrees.
Hi All, I have a this code to grab the input global latitude reading and change it to a degree decimal reading. .......... code snip........ public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event) { //calculations below flocdegree = Double.parseDouble(tf1.getText()); flocmin = Double.parseDouble(tf2.getText())/60; flocsec = Double.parseDouble(tf3.getText())/3600; flocdegree = flocdegree + flocmin + flocsec; locdir1= tf4.getText(); System.out.println(locdir1); if (locdir1.equals("S") ) flocdegree = -1* flocdegree; if (locdir1...

Convert a STRING "DD.MM.AAAA HH:MM:SS" to DATETIME format
Dear friends I have a STRING variable for example: 22.10.1990 12:20:31 and I want convert this for a DATE format in SPSS using syntax. Do you know a soluction? Thanks for all responses. Carlos Renato Statistician Try going to the "variable view" tag. - Identify the row where your string variable is. - Under the column "type", click and open a menu - Check "Date" - In the selection list, choose dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm:ss That should do the job. Statistician_Brazil wrote: > Dear friends > > I have a STRING variable for exa...

Convert x-axis plot labels from epoch seconds to YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss string?
Hi there, I am plotting some data where the x co-ordinate is in epoch seconds (or unix time, seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00). I would like to convert *just* the x-axis labels to an equivalent time string. For example, if I have the x-axis labels (automatically created by Matlab): 1089865982 1089867030 1089868078 1089869126 1089870174 1089871222 1089872270 I would like these to display as: 2004-07-15 04:33:02 2004-07-15 04:50:30 2004-07-15 05:07:58 2004-07-15 05:25:26 2004-07-15 05:42:54 2004-07-15 06:00:22 2004-07-15 06:17:50 I have read about the graphics object properties like XT...

Sin[30*Degree] vs Sin[29*Degree]
What is happening here: Sin[30*Degree] Sin[31*Degree] Sin[29*Degree] which makes it appear that only the first line of input works? However, if I do something like: \!\(Sin[\(29*Pi\)\/180. ]\) I get the expected result ... I'm sure it is me, what am I missing in that I think I am not seeing consistent behavior? Thanks in advance, Steven Shippee slshippee@comcast.net Dear Steven, The behaviour of Mathematica is perfectly consistent. It depends on whether you look for an exact or for a numerical result. Sin[30*Degree] is indeed 1/2 and th...

fit 3th degree polynomial without 2nd degree
I’m trying to fit some data with this function: y = a*x^3 + b*x + c but I can’t really get it to work properly. Is there any way I can set the 2nd degree of the polyfit function to zero or do I have to create my own fitfunction? I’ve tried making a function as well: fitfunction = fittype( 'a*x.^3+b*x + c', 'coefficients', {'a','b','c'}, 'independent', 'x'); p1_self_fit = fit(set1(:,1), set1(:,2), fitfunction, 'StartPoint', startvalues); but that doesn’t give me the desired result either… Any help would be very much...

move a ball in arc from 90 degree to 180 degree
hi i am new to this picture tool . i want to move a ball from 90 deg to 180 deg&nbsp; as arc . example like sun rise in the east and set in the west like that any one using picture tools There's 2 examples that ship with LabVIEW that you can probably adapt. Open the Example Finder (Help -&gt; Find Examples) and search for "picture". There's the "robot" example that shows a robot arm. You can probably just use the pieces that move the joint. There's also the "solarsystem" example, but that's considerably more complicated. There's also t...