Converting degrees DDD.MM.SS to Degrees in decimal

Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?

GC

0
Chips
5/22/2005 2:33:38 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9756 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

Chips wrote:

> Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
> minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?
>
> GC

->HMS HMS->

0
Michael
5/22/2005 3:10:02 AM
In article <6cSje.1622$mK.617@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
 "Chips" <Chips1@reliableins.nospam> wrote:

> Is there an easy way on the 49G+ to convert back and forth from degrees,
> minutes, seconds to degrees in decimal?
>
> GC

Yes! Think of hours, minutes and seconds, with hours = degrees.

Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,  then pressing NXT gets you
to the commands

\->HMS, which coverts decimal hours to hours, minutes, seconds and

HMS\->, which converts hours, minutes, seconds to decimal hours.

The HMS format is hh.mmssfffff where h's represents hours, m's minutes,
s's seconds and f's decimal fractions of a second.
0
Virgil
5/22/2005 4:38:08 AM
           -=[ Sun, 22.5.05 5:51 p.m. +1200 (NZT) ]=-

Hello Virgil,  <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com>

01h13m ago, on Sat, 21.5.05 at 10:38 p.m. -0600, you wrote
in message ID <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil-BF4476.22380821052005@comcast.dca.giganews.com> :

> Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,

Or holding down Rightshift and pressing 9 leads you directly
to the Tools menu.

--
Tony

0
Tony
5/22/2005 5:56:30 AM
In article <11175967ROBOTLX@news.clear.net.nz>,
 Tony Hutchins <justth@csi.com> wrote:

>            -=[ Sun, 22.5.05 5:51 p.m. +1200 (NZT) ]=-
>
> Hello Virgil,  <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com>
>
> 01h13m ago, on Sat, 21.5.05 at 10:38 p.m. -0600, you wrote
> in message ID
> <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil-BF4476.22380821052005@comcast.dca.giganews.com> :
>
> > Rightshift 9  (TIME) then choose 4. Tools,
>
> Or holding down Rightshift and pressing 9 leads you directly
> to the Tools menu.

So it does.
0
Virgil
5/22/2005 6:22:31 AM
Perfect!

And if I recall, I can assign the hms tools to a softkey in a custom menu,
and have them ready to go.

Thanks,

GC