Difference between HP 48GII & HP 49G+

What is the difference?
HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+
I need a calculator for STATISTICS use
Many thanks
--
cerco una calcolatrice programmabile che sia collegabile al pc
vanno bene sia le HP che le Texas. Contattatemi con richieste e foto. TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscaliTOGLIQUESTO.it

Some days are better than others <cezanne76@tiscali.TOGLIQUESTO.it>
wrote:
> What is the difference?
> HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+
> I need a calculator for STATISTICS use

The 48gII has:

- Smaller screen (64 pixels high, not 80)
- Less memory
- No SD card
- Serial instead of USB

Those are the things that immediately come to mind.  Perhaps there are
more issues as well.  Most are disadvantages for the cheaper 48gII,
except of course for the serial port.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation
0
Chris
4/21/2005 5:26:36 PM
hello,

49G+ has:
- larger screen (16 more pixel lines)
- 50% faster (average)
- more memory (twice the RAM + 800K of backup storage)
- SD card
- USB instead of RS232

apart from that, they are exactly the same calculators feature wise.

regards, cyrille

"Some days are better than others" <cezanne76@tiscali.TOGLIQUESTO.it> wrote
in message news:olgg619pmin0c4i2olpj1cjsa4ffm9el43@4ax.com...
> What is the difference?
> HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+
> I need a calculator for STATISTICS use
> Many thanks
> --
> cerco una calcolatrice programmabile che sia collegabile al pc
> vanno bene sia le HP che le Texas. Contattatemi con richieste e foto.
> TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscaliTOGLIQUESTO.it

0
Cyrille
4/21/2005 5:29:46 PM
if you are just getting a calculator for statistics use, consider a
39g+.  It is cheaper than either the 48gII or 49g+ and will be much
easier to use.  I've written a statistics package that ads lots of
simple commands to enhance the functionality considerably.

TW

0
kjeanne
4/21/2005 5:41:50 PM
>if you are just getting a calculator for statistics use, consider a
>39g+.  It is cheaper than either the 48gII or 49g+ and will be much
>easier to use.  I've written a statistics package that ads lots of
>simple commands to enhance the functionality considerably.

I have find a 39g+ for 110euro, it's too much??
alternative is a 49g+ for 150euro
Do you have a website where you put the program?
thanks

--
cerco una calcolatrice programmabile che sia collegabile al pc
vanno bene sia le HP che le Texas. Contattatemi con richieste e foto. TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscaliTOGLIQUESTO.it
0
Some
4/22/2005 5:59:47 PM
"Some days are better than others" <cezanne76@tiscali.TOGLIQUESTO.it> wrote
in message news:ofri61lhi6mp1tcadsj5u744tc2m8m52m1@4ax.com...
> >if you are just getting a calculator for statistics use, consider a
>>39g+.  It is cheaper than either the 48gII or 49g+ and will be much
>>easier to use.  I've written a statistics package that ads lots of
>>simple commands to enhance the functionality considerably.
>>

> I have find a 39g+ for 110euro, it's too much??
> alternative is a 49g+ for 150euro
> Do you have a website where you put the program?
> thanks

That difference will buy you internal Flash
and the external SD card Flash slot
and some more RAM

I would go for the 49g+
BUT
you should try the emulators first
and also real calculators in a shop
before taking the [trans]action
[VPN]

0
VPN
4/23/2005 7:59:52 AM
I too would recommend the 49g+ over the 39g+.  The 39 g+ will not do
symbolic stuff.  The 49g+ will take much longer to learn to use
however.

IF you are looking for only statistics and ease of use, the 39g+ is a
good choice.

my website has the program.  www.geocities.com/timwessman/

TW

0
timwessman
4/23/2005 10:02:53 PM
If you're after symbolic manipulation then try the 40G. It is the CAS
version of the 39. Also take a look at www.hphomeview.com for an idea of
the software available for the 39G/40G.

timwessman@gmail.com wrote:
> I too would recommend the 49g+ over the 39g+.  The 39 g+ will not do
> symbolic stuff.  The 49g+ will take much longer to learn to use
> however.
>
> IF you are looking for only statistics and ease of use, the 39g+ is a
> good choice.
>
> my website has the program.  www.geocities.com/timwessman/
>
> TW

0
Colin
4/24/2005 12:10:04 PM
The HPHOMEVIEW.com site is excellent.

I really wish it was more widely known.

Colin's book "Mastering the HP39g+" is a fantastic help to using that
calculator.

I also love the great aplets at his site.

Gene

0
Gene