Holzer Method - multi Degree of Freedom Systems

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi

I'm a newbie to programmable/graphical calculator.

I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes and
natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with 'n'
rotors providing inertia)

I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
calculator for such dynamic problems.

Thanks for all help in advance.
Andrew

1
Reply Andrew 6/9/2005 3:13:55 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm a newbie to programmable/graphical calculator.
>

> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>
> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
> calculator for such dynamic problems.

Maybe from www.hpcalc.org (49G series ; Science and Engineering)
either Civil or Structural ENG
?
VPN

0
Reply VPN 6/9/2005 6:25:57 AM

"Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>
> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
> calculator for such dynamic problems.
If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets the
job done.

0
Reply Anthony 6/10/2005 2:54:02 AM

Hi thanks for the reply.

I was going to post the tabular form hoping for some guidance on how to
program it for the 49G+

If you don't mind i'd like to give your program a try :)

thanks
Andrew

>> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
>> calculator for such dynamic problems.
> If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets
> the job done.

0
Reply Andrew 6/10/2005 3:14:39 AM

"Anthony Garcia" <agarcia658@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
>> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
>> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>>
>> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
>> calculator for such dynamic problems.
> If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets
> the job done.
I can send the files in zip format but I will need a valid email from you.

0
Reply Anthony 6/23/2005 9:13:37 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9668 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

3 degree of freedom system
how to build 3 d.o.f of system comprising of mass,spring,damper using simulink. ...

Patent: Apparatus and method for loading a system reference diskette image from a system partition in a personal computer system
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5128995.pdf A personal computer system according to the present invention comprises a system processor, a random access memory, a read only memory, and at least one direct access storage device. A direct access storage device controller coupled between the system processor and direct access storage device includes a protection mechanism for protecting a region of the storage device. The protected region of the storage device includes a master boot record, a BIOS image and a system reference diskette image. The BIOS image includes a section know...

degrees of freedom
Hi there, I misstyped frnd(32.5,14.2,1,1) and yet I got an output. What is the interpetation of a d.f. when it is non-integer?? Thanx!! "leo nidas" <bleonidas25@yahoo.gr> wrote in message <gbn9vl$2km$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > Hi there, > > I misstyped frnd(32.5,14.2,1,1) and yet I got an output. > > What is the interpetation of a d.f. when it is non-integer?? > > > Thanx!! It all depends on the underlying statistic. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_freedom_(statistics)#effective_degrees_of_freedom Jos ...

[SDMAS] ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems
ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems Special Issue on Formal Methods for Pervasive, Self-Adaptive, and Context-Aware Systems Aims and Scope Pervasive, self-adaptive and context-aware systems are increasingly realized for safety-critical domains that include healthcare, emergency scenarios, and disaster recovery. These domains present new challenges that include expressing, verifying and validating requirements and ensuring functional correctness. Formal methods are one approach to address these challenges. Pervasive, self-adaptive and context-aware system...

Degrees of Freedom in Regression
What is the definition of the quantity "Degrees of Freedom" in multiple linear regression that results in the relation DOF = N - (p+1) = N - Nw where Nw is the number of estimated weights? How is the concept and equation modified for multiple nonlinear regression? How are the concepts and equations modified for multivariate linear regression and multivariate nonlinear regression? Please post replies to all three newsgroups. TIA, Greg Heath "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message = news:a5db2ac2-cb2a-4b50-a4c7-5751650ded57@q35g2000hsg.googlegrou...

chi2pdf degrees of freedom
I am trying to convert a chi-square error surface to a pdf using chi2pdf. I have a series of measurements (dataMeas) and corresponding estimates (dataEst) which I generate over a grid using a model of the measurement system (awgn with sigma "sig" assumed for everything). I compute the normalized chi-square error surface for each grid point as follows: resid = (dataMeas-dataEst(:,gridVal)); csErr(gridVal) = (resid*resid')/(sig^2*numDf); where numDf is the number of degrees of freedom computed as the number of samples in the data vectors minus the number of parameters used...

Template systems
I'm looking for a good idea or ready library for templates. HTML with PHP isn't the best solution (it's more difficult for end-users of CMS to edit them). Perhaps, everything I need is: - variables - e.g. {var} - sections or conditions (some elements won't be printed out) - loops or selecting fragments* - cache (recommended for speed) The template system must be fast and efficient. Most probably I will create own library for CMS requirement. However, i think about existing scripts, e.g. XT (XHTML Templates) and OPT (Open Power Templates). XT + based on XML (DOM functions) + t...

question about the system method
Hi, all I want to use system method to run a background process, like system("ruby deamon.rb") # the deamon.rb runs a dead loop When my main process ends, I want to end the background process too. How can I do it? If I can get the pid of background process, I can use Process.kill. But the system method dosen't return the pid. Does anyone here know the solution? Thank you Jarod Zhu On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Jarod Zhu <zhujie2003info@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, all > > I want to use system method to run a background ...

Euler method for a system
I have the two equations: dx/dt = -2x dy/dt = 5x - y x(0) = 5 y(0) = 1 for t values between 1 and 200 I want to use the Euler method to solve this system and then graph each x and y vs t. Could someone point me to a code that could do this? Don't worry, I don't need to come up with the code myself, so helping me out here isn't contributing to cheating in anyway. Thanks, Jim > I have the two equations: > > dx/dt = -2x > dy/dt = 5x - y > > x(0) = 5 > y(0) = 1 > > for t values between 1 and 200 > > I want to use the Euler method to solve t...

linhyptest and degrees of freedom
Happy new year all, I'm using nlinfit to parameterize an exponential function and want to run an F test on the fit of the model. It appears that I can do this with linhyptest, but the P values returned by linhyptest are much smaller than expected. I'm confused about what degrees of freedom for error i should be specifying. Does this appear correct for a 2 parameter model?: expon_fit = @(b,x) b(1)*exp(b(2)*x); beta=[guess1, guess2] [b,r,J,COVB]=nlinfit(X,Y,expon_fit,beta); dfe=length(Y)-2; H=[1 0;0 1]; c=[0;0]; [p,t,r]=linhyptest(b,COVB,c,H,dfe); thanks, Jeff ...

Degrees of Freedom in GLM
I ran a 7 by 2 GLM on 554 cases with two dependent variables. I obtained the following results for the overall test. Work category 1 F=14.95 with 14, 1074DF Time F=317.06 with 2,537DF Interaction Work category by Time F=4.54 14,1074DF There were not an equal number of observations in each cell. If I run separate univariate anovas for each of the IV for work category I get variable 1 N=371 F=22.19 7,363DF variable 2 N=366 F=28.54 with 7,358DF. (missing 5 values from N=371) I dont understand why the DF are so high for the first analysis. Can someone explain this for me, pl...

exit() method in System class
There is a method exit(int) in System class. what is the parameter int refers to? jayanthi.tkc@gmail.com wrote: >There is a method exit(int) in System class. what is the parameter >int refers to? <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#exit(int)> Which part of the second sentence are you having trouble understanding? 'abnormal'? 'nonzero'? -- Andrew Thompson http://www.athompson.info/andrew/ Message posted via http://www.javakb.com Andrew Thompson wrote: > jayanthi.tkc@gmail.com wrote: > >>There is a method exit(int) in...

Degree of freedom in Neural Networks
Hi Neural Network people, I have a question about some posts on the Newsreader concerning the degree of freedom for adjusting the weights. The following conditions for adjusting the weights properly is made: Neq > Nw with Neq = N*O = N % Number of training equations Nw = (I+1)*H + (H+1)*O % Number of unknown weights to estimate Nw in this case applies to I-H-O structure. Does the rule Neq>Nw also apply to structures with more hidden Layers? I am not asking about the rule for calculating nw for a multilayered network. Is it possible for one trainingequation to adjust weigths pr...

degrees of freedom in proc mixed
Hi All, I am having some difficulty understanding the way that proc mixed is computing degrees of freedom with a repeated measures model. The total degrees of freedom add up to more than the number of replicates (subjects), hence my confusion. My design includes three fixed treatments with 33, 31, and 31 replicates, respectively. The response of each replicate is measured twice (the repeated component). I also have several covariates and their interactions with the treatment (irrig) and the repeated effect (season) in the model. In all there are 95 subjects and 190 observations. The who...

Question about Ruby system() method
I have a Ruby application running in a Qtopia enviornment. One method I have opens up word processing documents. In order to do so I have to issue a qcop wrapped in a Ruby system() call. This qcop command causes Hancom Word to open up to the specific document I pass along as an paramter. Like so: system("qcop QPE/Application/HancomMobileWord 'setDocument(QString)' '/path/to/myDocument.doc'") This works fine, except when I close the word processing document the Qtopia application I wrote disappears. I can see the Ruby script still running actively as a background pro...

degree of freedom for b-splines
Hello everyone, I have a mesh of control points in 3D with some uniform spacing that defines a b-spline. Say, the mesh has dimensions 10 * 10 * 10 = in the three directions. I am looking at some computer code that says that the degree of freedom of this b-spline is 3 * 1000 = 3000. I am struggling to understand why this is so. Does someone here know what might explain this? Many thanks, Luca "Luca" <luca.pamparana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d2d0c4c4-583b-4bea-b3fd-326b7d6b826a@d4g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > Hello everyone, > > I have a mesh of control po...

degrees of freedom in smoothing splines
Hello everyone, I've the following problem with using spline toolbox in matlab: I want to use matlab's csaps smoothing spline function to fit noisy brain data. To optimize the fit (and avoid overfitting) a further smoothness constraint input parameter p is neccessary. Furthermore, I want to estimate this smoothness parameter in dependence of AIC criterion of the current fit. For this, the degrees of freedom of the used smoothing spline is needed, but I don't know how to access this value in matlab. I read that it is related to the trace of the smoothing matrix (also called hat m...

Degrees of Freedom, aggregate data
I have a question on degrees of freedom. Consider that I aggregate my data using three dichotomous factors into 8 strata. If I run a Poisson regression, say using GENMOD, do I not have 8 degrees of freedom? What if I repeat this study, but double the person- time under observation. I still have 8 DoF, no? Does using the offset account for this? I would appreciate any comments and references, especially with regards to rates (person-time data). Thank you, Kevin ...

Degrees of freedom in chi squared
Hi, I am doing a chi squared test for a genetics problem where I have the numbers of three different genotypes and I know their predicted proportions. The degrees of freedom in such a problem is 1. When I use SPSS (selecting chi square from the list of non parametric tests) it automatially uses df=2. Is there a simple way I can set df to my required value of 1. Thanks, Inf. On 19 May 2007 02:58:10 -0700, Inf <infinitysquared@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am doing a chi squared test for a genetics problem where I have the > numbers of three differ...

Conjugate Gradient Method and system solver
I&#8217;m writing because I have a couple of problems and I can�t find a method to solve it efficiently. So I ask for your help to solve my problems. Here they are: � Solve the system Ax=b where A&#8712;Mn, with n>100, symmetric and sparse with less than 6 non-zeros elements per line. x and b &#8712;Mn*3. � Find a minimizer of the function g=1/2xSx-bx where S&#8712;Mn, with n>100, symmetric and sparse with less than 6 non-zeros elements per line. x and b &#8712;Mn*3. Waiting for your answer. Best regards, vsc ...

Seek method in File System object
How can i use seek method in FSO(File System Object) Following is my code: Const ForReading = 1 Dim AppStr As String Dim i As Integer Dim Pos As Integer Dim Pos1 As Integer Dim PosSev As Integer Dim PosTicket As Integer Dim Ticket As String Dim Severity As String Dim PagerNumber As String Dim myText As String 'Dim s As Timer Form1.Text3.Text = "" Dim strNextLine As String Dim PagerNo As String ' start of comments Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set robjFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objTextFile = objFSO....

system simulation and verification methods (NIOS)
what ways and approaches are there to do system level simulation? i have a nios system module and a user logic which have been connected together via the avalon bus. can simulation be done using quartus II? Hi, Yes, you can simulate Nios using the Quartus II simulator. For more advanced simulation (if you want to view code execution, for example), there is additional simulation support built into the Nios kit for using ModelSim (both ModelSim OEM version which comes with a Quartus subscription), or the full version. Please have a look at Altera app note 189 (http://www.altera.com/literature/...

enough degrees of freedom in a repeated design
Hi, My data consists of five subjects that have been measured using five different machines. I have several variables measured with the data from each machine. This is a test intended to verify that I can mix data from different machines without introducing too much error. To test the significance of the machine factor in each of my variables, I=B4m using proc GLM and machine as a repeated measure. proc glm DATA =3D repeats ; model MACH_1 MACH_2 MACH_3 MACH_4 MACH_5 =3D ; REPEATED machine 5/ SUMMARY ; My question whether I have enough degrees of freedom or not. Five subjects, five mac...

Removing variance components and degrees of freedom
Hello, I'm running a split-plot nested model in proc mixed and have a question concerning variance components. Some of the random effects (R) are estimated to be 0. I thought about removing them, but doing so inflates the fixed effect ddfs drastically (i.e. trt ddf goes from 9 to 65). Is it better to remove such terms, regardless of how the ddfs change, since they explain zero variance in the data? What is the accepted standard on this? Any info will be greatly appreciated, Paige Model design: unit - whole site(unit) - R rep(site unit) - R treatment - sub treatment*unit treatment*si...

Proc GLM and degrees of freedom (was: What do I do Wrong???)
Ahmed Abdel-Ghany asked "What do I do wrong???" Dear Ahmed, you certainly failed to add an 'interest fuelling' subject line to your question so it may well have gone unnoticed by the group of excellent statisticians participating here. So I took the liberty of adding some eye-catching keywords to your question. Hope it helps getting answers. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Z�rich, Switzerland Here are links to the OP's (original poster) question: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0612b&L=sas-l&F=&S=&P =38223 or (hopefully wrap-safe): http://previ...