Holzer Method - multi Degree of Freedom Systems

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi

I'm a newbie to programmable/graphical calculator.

I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes and
natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with 'n'
rotors providing inertia)

I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
calculator for such dynamic problems.

Thanks for all help in advance.
Andrew

1
Reply Andrew 6/9/2005 3:13:55 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm a newbie to programmable/graphical calculator.
>

> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>
> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
> calculator for such dynamic problems.

Maybe from www.hpcalc.org (49G series ; Science and Engineering)
either Civil or Structural ENG
?
VPN

0
Reply VPN 6/9/2005 6:25:57 AM

"Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>
> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
> calculator for such dynamic problems.
If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets the
job done.

0
Reply Anthony 6/10/2005 2:54:02 AM

Hi thanks for the reply.

I was going to post the tabular form hoping for some guidance on how to
program it for the 49G+

If you don't mind i'd like to give your program a try :)

thanks
Andrew

>> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
>> calculator for such dynamic problems.
> If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets
> the job done.

0
Reply Andrew 6/10/2005 3:14:39 AM

"Anthony Garcia" <agarcia658@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <its_my_theory@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have tried to find a program for the 49G+ to determine the mode shapes
>> and natural frequencies of a torsional system (a shaft elasticity, with
>> 'n' rotors providing inertia)
>>
>> I am curious to know if there are any programmes available for the
>> calculator for such dynamic problems.
> If you're interested I have a program ... It's sort of rough but it gets
> the job done.
I can send the files in zip format but I will need a valid email from you.

0
Reply Anthony 6/23/2005 9:13:37 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9680 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

3 degree of freedom system
how to build 3 d.o.f of system comprising of mass,spring,damper using simulink. ...

Patent: Apparatus and method for loading a system reference diskette image from a system partition in a personal computer system
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5128995.pdf A personal computer system according to the present invention comprises a system processor, a random access memory, a read only memory, and at least one direct access storage device. A direct access storage device controller coupled between the system processor and direct access storage device includes a protection mechanism for protecting a region of the storage device. The protected region of the storage device includes a master boot record, a BIOS image and a system reference diskette image. The BIOS image includes a section know...

degrees of freedom
Hi there, I misstyped frnd(32.5,14.2,1,1) and yet I got an output. What is the interpetation of a d.f. when it is non-integer?? Thanx!! "leo nidas" <bleonidas25@yahoo.gr> wrote in message <gbn9vl$2km$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > Hi there, > > I misstyped frnd(32.5,14.2,1,1) and yet I got an output. > > What is the interpetation of a d.f. when it is non-integer?? > > > Thanx!! It all depends on the underlying statistic. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_freedom_(statistics)#effective_degrees_of_freedom Jos ...

method! and method?
I am trying to find the meaning of ! and ? appended to method names but I cannot find what they mean. Can someone explain? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Gene Angelo <web.gma@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to find the meaning of ! and ? appended to method names but > I cannot find what they mean. Can someone explain? From the language functionality point of view, they don't mean anything. They just happen to be valid characters for method names, and people can use them to give more readability to their code. The cor...

method method
In JS:TGP, Crockford defines a method called method: "Throughout the book, a method method is used to define new methods. This is its definition: Function.prototype.method = function (name, func) { this.prototype[name] = func; return this; }; It will be explained in Chapter 4." So far, so good. Then, in Chapter 4 in the section "Augmenting Types" he goes on: "For example, by augmenting Function.prototype, we can make a method available to all functions: Function.prototype.method = function (name, func) { this.prototype[name] = fun...

[SDMAS] ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems
ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems Special Issue on Formal Methods for Pervasive, Self-Adaptive, and Context-Aware Systems Aims and Scope Pervasive, self-adaptive and context-aware systems are increasingly realized for safety-critical domains that include healthcare, emergency scenarios, and disaster recovery. These domains present new challenges that include expressing, verifying and validating requirements and ensuring functional correctness. Formal methods are one approach to address these challenges. Pervasive, self-adaptive and context-aware system...

Degrees of Freedom in Regression
What is the definition of the quantity "Degrees of Freedom" in multiple linear regression that results in the relation DOF = N - (p+1) = N - Nw where Nw is the number of estimated weights? How is the concept and equation modified for multiple nonlinear regression? How are the concepts and equations modified for multivariate linear regression and multivariate nonlinear regression? Please post replies to all three newsgroups. TIA, Greg Heath "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message = news:a5db2ac2-cb2a-4b50-a4c7-5751650ded57@q35g2000hsg.googlegrou...

chi2pdf degrees of freedom
I am trying to convert a chi-square error surface to a pdf using chi2pdf. I have a series of measurements (dataMeas) and corresponding estimates (dataEst) which I generate over a grid using a model of the measurement system (awgn with sigma "sig" assumed for everything). I compute the normalized chi-square error surface for each grid point as follows: resid = (dataMeas-dataEst(:,gridVal)); csErr(gridVal) = (resid*resid')/(sig^2*numDf); where numDf is the number of degrees of freedom computed as the number of samples in the data vectors minus the number of parameters used...

Template systems
I'm looking for a good idea or ready library for templates. HTML with PHP isn't the best solution (it's more difficult for end-users of CMS to edit them). Perhaps, everything I need is: - variables - e.g. {var} - sections or conditions (some elements won't be printed out) - loops or selecting fragments* - cache (recommended for speed) The template system must be fast and efficient. Most probably I will create own library for CMS requirement. However, i think about existing scripts, e.g. XT (XHTML Templates) and OPT (Open Power Templates). XT + based on XML (DOM functions) + t...

question about the system method
Hi, all I want to use system method to run a background process, like system("ruby deamon.rb") # the deamon.rb runs a dead loop When my main process ends, I want to end the background process too. How can I do it? If I can get the pid of background process, I can use Process.kill. But the system method dosen't return the pid. Does anyone here know the solution? Thank you Jarod Zhu On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Jarod Zhu <zhujie2003info@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, all > > I want to use system method to run a background ...

Euler method for a system
I have the two equations: dx/dt = -2x dy/dt = 5x - y x(0) = 5 y(0) = 1 for t values between 1 and 200 I want to use the Euler method to solve this system and then graph each x and y vs t. Could someone point me to a code that could do this? Don't worry, I don't need to come up with the code myself, so helping me out here isn't contributing to cheating in anyway. Thanks, Jim > I have the two equations: > > dx/dt = -2x > dy/dt = 5x - y > > x(0) = 5 > y(0) = 1 > > for t values between 1 and 200 > > I want to use the Euler method to solve t...

linhyptest and degrees of freedom
Happy new year all, I'm using nlinfit to parameterize an exponential function and want to run an F test on the fit of the model. It appears that I can do this with linhyptest, but the P values returned by linhyptest are much smaller than expected. I'm confused about what degrees of freedom for error i should be specifying. Does this appear correct for a 2 parameter model?: expon_fit = @(b,x) b(1)*exp(b(2)*x); beta=[guess1, guess2] [b,r,J,COVB]=nlinfit(X,Y,expon_fit,beta); dfe=length(Y)-2; H=[1 0;0 1]; c=[0;0]; [p,t,r]=linhyptest(b,COVB,c,H,dfe); thanks, Jeff ...

Degrees of Freedom in GLM
I ran a 7 by 2 GLM on 554 cases with two dependent variables. I obtained the following results for the overall test. Work category 1 F=14.95 with 14, 1074DF Time F=317.06 with 2,537DF Interaction Work category by Time F=4.54 14,1074DF There were not an equal number of observations in each cell. If I run separate univariate anovas for each of the IV for work category I get variable 1 N=371 F=22.19 7,363DF variable 2 N=366 F=28.54 with 7,358DF. (missing 5 values from N=371) I dont understand why the DF are so high for the first analysis. Can someone explain this for me, pl...

Re: Does anyone shut down for system disk backup any more? (Know Your System!) System!) System!)
> > It is a bad idea to open files on a remote system or on another cluster > > system > > system-disk. This is perfectly fine for shared data disks - that is the > whole > > point of clustering and RMS - shared resources. > > Then again, all of your systems may share the same system disk. I keep forgetting about that... I do not share my system disk amongst my clustered servers. I keep one system disk for each server. Pros and Cons both ways - however I felt it safer and faster (yes more expensive) to do one disk per server then multiple servers per one di...

Passing a method(reference) to an other method and calling the method.
I have a staight forward question. Is is posible to pass a method as a parameter and call the passed method from within the other method? Something like the apply function in Python where can specify which fuction with what parameters is called (apply("thisMethod", arg1)). The reason I ask this is because I want to implement a callback mechanism. How can this be done or is there an other way to implement a callback mechanism where it's posible to call an arbitrary method? Thanks. Erik Erik wrote: > I have a staight forward question. Is is posible to pass a method as a >...

System.out and System.err
I think we all assume that access to System.out and System.err is thread-safe; if we write to them from more than one threads, the worst that will happen is output getting interleaved but not lost, nor will exceptions be caused by unsynchronized access (e.g., we don't expect internal bufferr-copying routines to get confused.) Looking, though, I can't find this guarnteed anywhere. Can anyone point to an offical statement about it? On 2008-10-02 00:09:52 +0200, "Mike Schilling" <mscottschilling@hotmail.com> said: > I think we all assume that access to Sys...

calling a method from a method
Hi I have a a function with several methods. For simplicity it looks a bit like this: super.prototype.aProperty="HELLO"; super.prototype.returnValue = function () { return 2; } super.prototype.aMethod = function () { var a = this.returnValue() alert(a) } function super() { } theObject= new super; theObject.aMethod(); How can I call a method from within a method? In other word how can I make the "this" keyword refere to the object and not the method? Tor On 2006-04-21 17:10:09 +0200, "torbs" <torchestra@gmail.com> said: > Hi > > I ha...

System::DProf and system()
hello, I am curently processing profiling data from a script that contains calls to external program via system(). I would need to know wether the timing info reported by DProf also includes the running time of these external programs or not. thanks Cl=E9ment. "crez" <clement.rezvoy@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > > I am curently processing profiling data from a script that contains > calls to external program via system(). I would need to know wether the > timing info reported by DProf also includes the running time of these > external programs or not. Tha...

exit() method in System class
There is a method exit(int) in System class. what is the parameter int refers to? jayanthi.tkc@gmail.com wrote: >There is a method exit(int) in System class. what is the parameter >int refers to? <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#exit(int)> Which part of the second sentence are you having trouble understanding? 'abnormal'? 'nonzero'? -- Andrew Thompson http://www.athompson.info/andrew/ Message posted via http://www.javakb.com Andrew Thompson wrote: > jayanthi.tkc@gmail.com wrote: > >>There is a method exit(int) in...

Degree of freedom in Neural Networks
Hi Neural Network people, I have a question about some posts on the Newsreader concerning the degree of freedom for adjusting the weights. The following conditions for adjusting the weights properly is made: Neq > Nw with Neq = N*O = N % Number of training equations Nw = (I+1)*H + (H+1)*O % Number of unknown weights to estimate Nw in this case applies to I-H-O structure. Does the rule Neq>Nw also apply to structures with more hidden Layers? I am not asking about the rule for calculating nw for a multilayered network. Is it possible for one trainingequation to adjust weigths pr...

When is Freedom really Freedom?
The usual "contribute nothing" freetard brigade in COLA are always harping on about "freedom" and "free" and "Free". Indeed, we recently had a silly lad called Nick Ballard claiming the iPhone is closed - this despite thousands of people developing programs for free for the iPhone and then making money from people keen to pay them for their skill and hard work. There are even thousands of applications for free for it too. he suggested something like, err, FreeRunner was a better choice. The freerunner. It boggles belief that he thinks people...

method def in method vs method def in block
class A def aaa puts "called aaa by #{self}" def bbb puts "called bbb by #{self}" end end end a = A.new p a.respond_to?(:bbb) # => false a.aaa p a.respond_to?(:bbb) # => true a.bbb p A.public_instance_methods.grep(/bbb/) # => ["bbb"] a2 = A.new a2.bbb p a.respond_to?(:ccc) # => false a.instance_eval do def ccc puts "called ccc by #{self}" end end p a.respond_to?(:ccc) # => true a.ccc p A.public_instance_methods.grep(/ccc/) # => [] a2.ccc rescue puts $! # undefined method ####################...

method versus method!
Hi Why isn't the name of the Array-method delete_at delete_at! ? The method changes the object, doesn't it? Fred from Wuppertal, Germany "Fred Werne" <fred_w@wtal.de> wrote: > Hi > > Why isn't the name of the Array-method delete_at delete_at! ? > > The method changes the object, doesn't it? > > Fred from Wuppertal, Germany > There are others like this, too. The naming-convention seems to be that a (! "bang") method exists only if there is a corresponding (non-bang) method which doesn't modify the receiver. daz ...

system within a system ?
Hi, This very strange behavior occurs on my friend's mac, and I'm hoping you can either give me some hints , or tell me where to go (no wisecracks please) . On some of her microsoft word documents, when she double clicks on them to open them, instead of seeing the document in microsoft word, this very STRANGE thing happens. What happens is that a window appears that says something like "opening class mac 9.2 environment...". Then the two-tone blue smiley face appears in the window as though an entire macintosh is booting inside the window. If we wait to see what h...

degrees of freedom in proc mixed
Hi All, I am having some difficulty understanding the way that proc mixed is computing degrees of freedom with a repeated measures model. The total degrees of freedom add up to more than the number of replicates (subjects), hence my confusion. My design includes three fixed treatments with 33, 31, and 31 replicates, respectively. The response of each replicate is measured twice (the repeated component). I also have several covariates and their interactions with the treatment (irrig) and the repeated effect (season) in the model. In all there are 95 subjects and 190 observations. The who...