HP 35s Programming/Solutions Manual

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
Engineer.

If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
purchase such a book.

Jon K.
0
Reply jdksurveyor 3/4/2009 6:36:25 PM

See related articles to this posting

Perhaps you could search in
http://www.hpmuseum.org/
for surveying. There are some older
HP calculators with a surveying pac.
The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
all the documentation of calculators
and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
way than making a new program

Peter

0
Reply PeterW 3/4/2009 8:22:05 PM

On Mar 4, 3:22=A0pm, PeterW <P.Wannenwet...@online.de> wrote:
> Perhaps you could search inhttp://www.hpmuseum.org/
> for surveying. There are some older
> HP calculators with a surveying pac.
> The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
> all the documentation of calculators
> and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
> way than making a new program
>
> Peter

The exams are not such that certain calculators are *banned*, but
where only a few calculators are *allowed*. Older HP models (or newer
ones with more connectivity) may not be on that allowed list.

To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator.

S.C.
0
Reply sc_usenet 3/5/2009 12:06:07 AM

On Mar 4, 1:36=A0pm, jdksurve...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Hello Jon,

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Buy an hp 33s and manual from D'Zign (the best option).

2. Buy the hp 33s manual from D'Zign and adapt the programs for your
hp 35s.

Best of luck on the exam!

Regards,

Mark
0
Reply PremiumBlend 3/5/2009 12:16:10 AM

<sc_usenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
"Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator."

Or get two calculators, using one as a "manual backup" to the other.

0
Reply Joel 3/5/2009 1:02:43 AM

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:06:07 -0600:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory,
> you would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time
> to retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.

The original HP35 was not even programmable,
but IIRC a book of "keystroke programs" for it,
the "HP35 Math Pac," to handle many problems,
was produced anyway by HP (and bought by me).

Who was the "prolific HP35 user" who originally wrote them?
[answered below, if you look through everything]

http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/swcd.htm
lists the following under "Calculator Manuals"

HP-35 Math Pac
HP-35 Surveying Pac
HP-35 Surveying

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL19996140M
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102693396

http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp35a.php says, near end of page:
"Quoted from HP-35 Math Pac manual, page 168..
How would you display all 1's, 2's, ... 9's?"

Wow, here is quite a find (courtesy of Nelson & Horn)
http://holyjoe.org/hhc2007/Remembering%20The%20HP35A.pdf

"HP made it very easy for you to buy a machine.
You contacted the HP sales force and a salesman would take your order.
HP also started an order-by-mail campaign that gave you a true 15 day free trial.
They would not cash your check until after the 15 day trial"

[OFF...]
0
Reply John 3/5/2009 5:11:10 PM

On 5 Mrz., 01:06, sc_use...@hotmail.com wrote:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
> would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
> retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.
>
> S.C.

My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories while battery
changing for minutes. You only get a problem, if you switch them
on with removed batteries. Try it, in my opinion there will be
no problem
Peter
0
Reply PeterW 3/5/2009 5:18:16 PM

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:18:16 -0600:

> My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories
> while battery changing for minutes.

Did you take out the HP50G's lithium memory backup battery,
to make that a fair contest :)

..
0
Reply John 3/5/2009 6:12:36 PM

On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:36:25 PM UTC-5, jdksu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Check back to the D'Zign website.  They now have a solutions book for the the HP 35s.
0
Reply glsense 12/11/2012 2:18:12 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9676 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HP 35S manual
The HP calculator website has manuals for a number of calculators but the one for the HP 35S does not work. I would like to see what this calculator can do before investing money in it. Can someone email a .pdf of the manual or a working link to it? Tim On 10 Lip, 17:05, Tim <rock_...@hotmail.com> wrote: > The HP calculator website has manuals for a number of calculators but > the one for the HP 35S does not work. > I would like to see what this calculator can do before investing money > in it. > Can someone email a .pdf of the manual or a working link to it? > > T...

solutions manual, test bank for C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 6e 6/E 6th Edition by D.S. Malik contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 6e 6/E 6th Edition by D.S. Malik solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 6e 6/E 6th Edition by D.S. Malik ...

solutions manual, test bank for C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com C++ Programming From Problem Analysis to Program Design 7e 7/E 7th Edition by D.S. Malik ...

HP-35s: numeric constants in programs
Hi all, I just read the Datafile HP-35s review by Gene Wright. Concerning the amount of memory used by numbers in programs it says: | Numbers in program lines | | 35 bytes. No short form. The number 1 takes just as many | bytes as -1.23456789E-55. IOW, any number requires the same 35 bytes, regardless how many digits it uses. It doesn't matter wheter a program line contains a 1 or maybe -1.23456789012E-123, any number requires 35 bytes. Okay, I tried this on my HP-35s. Consider this example: LBL A RTN This results in the expected LN=6, i.e. 3 bytes per instruction = 6 bytes in total...

hp 35s built in linear solver: no solution
Hi, I'm new here. I was trying to solve a 2*2 simultaneous equation on the 35s, the equation is as follows: -0.28x + 1.9396y = 682.48 x + 0.342y = 803.31 and to my surpirse, the 35s gives me NO SOLUTION??? I tried solving it with my Casio 911es and it gives me the correct answer of 650.8391 for x and 445.8213 for y. The 42s give the same results. Can anyone verify the results with their 35s? I don't think I'm keying in the wrong keystrokes. I keyed: EQN->SHIFT->SOLVE->-0.28->R/S->1.9396->R/S->682.48->R/S->1->R/S->0.342- >R/S->803.31->R...

Programming books solution manuals and test banks
Programming books solution manuals and test banks Visual C# 2010 How to Program 4E Deitel Test Bank Visual C# 2010 How to Program 4E Deitel solution manual Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3E Test bank Deitel Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3E solution manual Deitel Visual Basic 2010 How to Program 5E Deitel solution manual Visual Basic 2010 Deitel solution manual Test bank for Visual C# 2010 How to Program, 4E Deitel Test bank for Visual Basic 2010 How to Program, 5E Deitel Test Bank for Java How to Program (early objects), 9E Deitel Java How to Program Early Objects Version 8E D...

GCC for HP-UX 11i (Developer & Solution Partner Program (DSPP))
Hi, I have an old link where I got GCC for HP-UX (http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,547,00.html), but that's redirected to something like http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=c2080055abe021100055abe02110275d6e10RCRD When I try to get http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.890cfddf3ef95c3263392a758973a801/?ciid=2a08725cc2f02110725cc2f02110275d6e10RCRD&attachment_ciid=5072f048bc603110VgnVCM100000275d6e10RCRD, I must log in. However I forgot my password, so I activated the recover...

solutions manual for Introduction to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version 7th Ed by Liang
I have the comprehensive instructor's solutions manuals in an electronic format for the following textbooks. They include full solutions to all the problems in the text, but please DO NOT POST HERE, instead send me email including title and edition of the solutions manual u need. NOTE: This service is NOT free My email: markrainsun( at )gmail( dot )com Here are some from my list ... SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO A Course in Game Theory by Osborne, Rubinstein SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics by Peter Szekeres SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO A Course in Ordinary Differential...

instructor's solutions manual for C++ How to Program 3rd edition
I have the comprehensive instructor's solutions manuals in an electronic format for the following textbooks. They include full solutions to all the problems in the text, but please DO NOT POST HERE, instead send me email including title and edition of the solutions manual u need. NOTE: This service is NOT free My email: markrainsun( at )gmail( dot )com Here are some from my list ... solutions manual to A Course in Game Theory by Osborne, Rubinstein solutions manual to A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics by Peter Szekeres solutions manual to A First Course in Abstract Alg...

"What kind of programer are you?" (Or the 1<->2 toggle solution on the 35s)
WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMMER ARE YOU? "PPC Journal", V5 N8 P31 (Sep/Oct 1978) Some of you may remember Bill Kolb's PPC humorous article. It's available at Joe Horn's website: http://holyjoe.org/hp/flash07.txt The following HP-35s program is only two step long (if we don't count LBL and RTN), but unlike Mike Richter's solution ( 1/x e^x INT ) it uses the stack: T001 LBL T T002 3 T003 XOR T004 RTN This should work on the new HP-35s (it does work on the HP-42S). Now, what category does that fit it? Gerson. On Jul 14, 10:51 pm, GWB <gerson.w.barb...@gmail.com&...

Leading programming books solution manuals and test banks for practice for sale! electronic delivery.
Visual C# 2010 How to Program 4E Deitel Test Bank Visual C# 2010 How to Program 4E Deitel solution manual Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3E Test bank Deitel Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3E solution manual Deitel Visual Basic 2010 How to Program 5E Deitel solution manual Visual Basic 2010 Deitel solution manual Test bank for Visual C# 2010 How to Program, 4E Deitel Test bank for Visual Basic 2010 How to Program, 5E Deitel Test Bank for Java How to Program (early objects), 9E Deitel Java How to Program Early Objects Version 8E Deitel solution manual and Code solutions Java How...

instructor's solutions manual for Introduction to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version 7th Ed by Liang
I have solutions manuals to all problems and exercises in these textbooks. To get one in an electronic format contact me at: ronaldmanualsea(at)gmail(dot)com and let me know its title, author and edition. Please this service is NOT free. instructor's solutions manual for A First Course in Differential Equations (7th ed.) Zill & Diferential Equations (5th ed.)Zill & Cullen instructor's solutions manual for Multivariable Calculus, 4th Edition, JAMES STEWART instructor's solutions manual for Principles of Foundation Engineering, 6E by Braja M.Das instructor's solu...

Java How to Program (early objects) 9E Deitel Solution manual is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact me at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today.
Java How to Program (early objects) 9E Deitel Solution manual is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact me at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. ...

solutions manual for Fundamentals of Python First Programs 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Kenneth A. Lambert contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Fundamentals of Python First Programs 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Kenneth A. Lambert solutions manual available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Fundamentals of Python First Programs 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Kenneth A. Lambert ...

solutions manual for An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java 5e 5/E 5th Edition by Thomas Wu contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java 5e 5/E 5th Edition by Thomas Wu solutions manual available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java 5e 5/E 5th Edition by Thomas Wu ...

C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact me at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today.
C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact me at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. On May 3, 10:57=A0pm, bestsellers.testba...@gmail.com wrote: > C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is av= ailable for purchase at affordable prices. Contact me at bestsellers.testba= nks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. hii, can i have the solution of page 356, program : knights tour.. i have a project and i would hope to get it since its the only problem i'm not being a...

C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today.
C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. ...

C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today.
C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. ...

solutions manual, test bank for Oracle 10g Developer PLSQL Programming 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Joan Casteel contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Oracle 10g Developer PLSQL Programming 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Joan Casteel solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Oracle 10g Developer PLSQL Programming 1e 1/E 1st Edition by Joan Casteel ...

solutions manual, test bank for Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 6e 6/E 6th Edition by Diane Zak contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 6e 6/E 6th Edition by Diane Zak solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 6e 6/E 6th Edition by Diane Zak ...

C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. #2
C++ How to Program 8th ed Deitel book Solution manual and test bank is available for purchase at affordable prices. Contact us at bestsellers.testbanks[at[gmail.com to buy it today. ...

solutions manual, test bank for Java How To Program (Early Objects) 10e 10/E 10th Edition by Paul Deitel Harvey Deitel contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Java How To Program (Early Objects) 10e 10/E 10th Edition by Paul Deitel Harvey Deitel solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Java How To Program (Early Objects) 10e 10/E 10th Edition by Paul Deitel Harvey Deitel ...

C++ How to Program, 7/E Deitel & Deitel instructors solution manual ch 1-27 is available at affordable prices. Email at allsolutionmanuals11[at]gmail.com if you need to buy this. All emails w
C++ How to Program, 7/E Deitel & Deitel instructors solution manual ch 1-27 is available at affordable prices. Email at allsolutionmanuals11[at]gmail.com if you need to buy this. All emails will be answered ASAP. ...

get solution manuals, solution manual, solutions
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...