HP 35s Programming/Solutions Manual

Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
Engineer.

If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
purchase such a book.

Jon K.
0
jdksurveyor
3/4/2009 6:36:25 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9759 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

Perhaps you could search in
http://www.hpmuseum.org/
for surveying. There are some older
HP calculators with a surveying pac.
The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
all the documentation of calculators
and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
way than making a new program

Peter

0
PeterW
3/4/2009 8:22:05 PM
On Mar 4, 3:22=A0pm, PeterW <P.Wannenwet...@online.de> wrote:
> Perhaps you could search inhttp://www.hpmuseum.org/
> for surveying. There are some older
> HP calculators with a surveying pac.
> The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
> all the documentation of calculators
> and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
> way than making a new program
>
> Peter

The exams are not such that certain calculators are *banned*, but
where only a few calculators are *allowed*. Older HP models (or newer
ones with more connectivity) may not be on that allowed list.

To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator.

S.C.
0
sc_usenet
3/5/2009 12:06:07 AM
On Mar 4, 1:36=A0pm, jdksurve...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Hello Jon,

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Buy an hp 33s and manual from D'Zign (the best option).

2. Buy the hp 33s manual from D'Zign and adapt the programs for your
hp 35s.

Best of luck on the exam!

Regards,

Mark
0
PremiumBlend
3/5/2009 12:16:10 AM
<sc_usenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
"Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator."

Or get two calculators, using one as a "manual backup" to the other.

0
Joel
3/5/2009 1:02:43 AM
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:06:07 -0600:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory,
> you would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time
> to retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.

The original HP35 was not even programmable,
but IIRC a book of "keystroke programs" for it,
the "HP35 Math Pac," to handle many problems,
was produced anyway by HP (and bought by me).

Who was the "prolific HP35 user" who originally wrote them?
[answered below, if you look through everything]

http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/swcd.htm
lists the following under "Calculator Manuals"

HP-35 Math Pac
HP-35 Surveying Pac
HP-35 Surveying

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL19996140M
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102693396

http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp35a.php says, near end of page:
"Quoted from HP-35 Math Pac manual, page 168..
How would you display all 1's, 2's, ... 9's?"

Wow, here is quite a find (courtesy of Nelson & Horn)
http://holyjoe.org/hhc2007/Remembering%20The%20HP35A.pdf

"HP made it very easy for you to buy a machine.
You contacted the HP sales force and a salesman would take your order.
HP also started an order-by-mail campaign that gave you a true 15 day free trial.
They would not cash your check until after the 15 day trial"

[OFF...]
0
John
3/5/2009 5:11:10 PM
On 5 Mrz., 01:06, sc_use...@hotmail.com wrote:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
> would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
> retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.
>
> S.C.

My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories while battery
changing for minutes. You only get a problem, if you switch them
on with removed batteries. Try it, in my opinion there will be
no problem
Peter
0
PeterW
3/5/2009 5:18:16 PM
On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:18:16 -0600:

> My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories
> while battery changing for minutes.

Did you take out the HP50G's lithium memory backup battery,
to make that a fair contest :)

..
0
John
3/5/2009 6:12:36 PM
On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:36:25 PM UTC-5, jdksu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Check back to the D'Zign website.  They now have a solutions book for the the HP 35s.
0
glsense