HP 35s Programming/Solutions Manual

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
Engineer.

If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
purchase such a book.

Jon K.
0
Reply jdksurveyor 3/4/2009 6:36:25 PM

See related articles to this posting

Perhaps you could search in
http://www.hpmuseum.org/
for surveying. There are some older
HP calculators with a surveying pac.
The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
all the documentation of calculators
and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
way than making a new program

Peter

0
Reply PeterW 3/4/2009 8:22:05 PM

On Mar 4, 3:22=A0pm, PeterW <P.Wannenwet...@online.de> wrote:
> Perhaps you could search inhttp://www.hpmuseum.org/
> for surveying. There are some older
> HP calculators with a surveying pac.
> The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
> all the documentation of calculators
> and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
> way than making a new program
>
> Peter

The exams are not such that certain calculators are *banned*, but
where only a few calculators are *allowed*. Older HP models (or newer
ones with more connectivity) may not be on that allowed list.

To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator.

S.C.
0
Reply sc_usenet 3/5/2009 12:06:07 AM

On Mar 4, 1:36=A0pm, jdksurve...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Hello Jon,

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Buy an hp 33s and manual from D'Zign (the best option).

2. Buy the hp 33s manual from D'Zign and adapt the programs for your
hp 35s.

Best of luck on the exam!

Regards,

Mark
0
Reply PremiumBlend 3/5/2009 12:16:10 AM

<sc_usenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
"Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator."

Or get two calculators, using one as a "manual backup" to the other.

0
Reply Joel 3/5/2009 1:02:43 AM

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:06:07 -0600:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory,
> you would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time
> to retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.

The original HP35 was not even programmable,
but IIRC a book of "keystroke programs" for it,
the "HP35 Math Pac," to handle many problems,
was produced anyway by HP (and bought by me).

Who was the "prolific HP35 user" who originally wrote them?
[answered below, if you look through everything]

http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/swcd.htm
lists the following under "Calculator Manuals"

HP-35 Math Pac
HP-35 Surveying Pac
HP-35 Surveying

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL19996140M
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102693396

http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp35a.php says, near end of page:
"Quoted from HP-35 Math Pac manual, page 168..
How would you display all 1's, 2's, ... 9's?"

Wow, here is quite a find (courtesy of Nelson & Horn)
http://holyjoe.org/hhc2007/Remembering%20The%20HP35A.pdf

"HP made it very easy for you to buy a machine.
You contacted the HP sales force and a salesman would take your order.
HP also started an order-by-mail campaign that gave you a true 15 day free trial.
They would not cash your check until after the 15 day trial"

[OFF...]
0
Reply John 3/5/2009 5:11:10 PM

On 5 Mrz., 01:06, sc_use...@hotmail.com wrote:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
> would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
> retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.
>
> S.C.

My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories while battery
changing for minutes. You only get a problem, if you switch them
on with removed batteries. Try it, in my opinion there will be
no problem
Peter
0
Reply PeterW 3/5/2009 5:18:16 PM

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:18:16 -0600:

> My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories
> while battery changing for minutes.

Did you take out the HP50G's lithium memory backup battery,
to make that a fair contest :)

..
0
Reply John 3/5/2009 6:12:36 PM

On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:36:25 PM UTC-5, jdksu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Check back to the D'Zign website.  They now have a solutions book for the the HP 35s.
0
Reply glsense 12/11/2012 2:18:12 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9680 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

get solution manuals, solution manual, solutions
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...

2000 solution manuals, solution manual, Student Study Guide solutions
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...

2000 solution manuals, solution manual, Student Study Guide solutions
you don't need to read or search the whole list just send us what you're looking for we will send it to you These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's lsms9@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 2000 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Cir...

Any book 2000 solution manuals, solution manual, Student Study Guide solutions
[...]

2000 solution manuals, solution manual, Student Study Guide solutions #2
[...]

HP 35S manual
The HP calculator website has manuals for a number of calculators but the one for the HP 35S does not work. I would like to see what this calculator can do before investing money in it. Can someone email a .pdf of the manual or a working link to it? Tim On 10 Lip, 17:05, Tim <rock_...@hotmail.com> wrote: > The HP calculator website has manuals for a number of calculators but > the one for the HP 35S does not work. > I would like to see what this calculator can do before investing money > in it. > Can someone email a .pdf of the manual or a working link to it? > > T...

hp 48 programs and hp 49g+ programs
I had hp 48 and now i update to hp 49g+ but i don't run my hp48 programs. I send it to calc by xserver and when i go to var and i execute it, te program is only a text in lcd and i cannot execute it. If you can help me please send me an e-mail to narkxx@hotmail.com with subject (hp 48 programs and hp 49g+ programs) or make a post it. Thank you. "narkxx" <narkxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:39961903.0312151229.645501ee@posting.google.com... > I had hp 48 and now i update to hp 49g+ but i don't run my hp48 > programs. > I send it to calc by xserver and whe...

solution manual manuals solution study guide
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 2000 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution...

all solution manuals manual solution study guide
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's lsms9@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 2000 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution ...

all solution manual manual solution study guide
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's lsms9@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...

[...]

manual solution solution manual study guide

These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms4[at] yahoo.com it's lsms4@hotmail.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solutio...

[...]

solution manual for text study guide manual solution
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 2000 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution ...

700 solution manual sultion manuel manuals solution
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution ...

manual solution solution manual study guide #2
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you > want isn't in > the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you > email: lsms4[at]yahoo.com > it's slsms4@yahoo.com > we have a lot of solutions manual over 2000 solutions manual > solution manual Math > solution manual physics > solution manual Calculus > solution manual Dynamics > solution manual mechanics > solution manual electromagnetics > solution manual Thermodynamics > solution manual Circuits > .. > .. > in low cast price .. > ...