HP 35s Programming/Solutions Manual

Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
Engineer.

If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
purchase such a book.

Jon K.
0
jdksurveyor
3/4/2009 6:36:25 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9725 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

Perhaps you could search in
http://www.hpmuseum.org/
for surveying. There are some older
HP calculators with a surveying pac.
The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
all the documentation of calculators
and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
way than making a new program

Peter

0
PeterW
3/4/2009 8:22:05 PM
On Mar 4, 3:22=A0pm, PeterW <P.Wannenwet...@online.de> wrote:
> Perhaps you could search inhttp://www.hpmuseum.org/
> for surveying. There are some older
> HP calculators with a surveying pac.
> The hpmuseum sells a DVD with
> all the documentation of calculators
> and pacs. Perhaps this is an easier
> way than making a new program
>
> Peter

The exams are not such that certain calculators are *banned*, but
where only a few calculators are *allowed*. Older HP models (or newer
ones with more connectivity) may not be on that allowed list.

To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator.

S.C.
0
sc_usenet
3/5/2009 12:06:07 AM
On Mar 4, 1:36=A0pm, jdksurve...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Hello Jon,

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Buy an hp 33s and manual from D'Zign (the best option).

2. Buy the hp 33s manual from D'Zign and adapt the programs for your
hp 35s.

Best of luck on the exam!

Regards,

Mark
0
PremiumBlend
3/5/2009 12:16:10 AM
<sc_usenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
"Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
into the calculator."

Or get two calculators, using one as a "manual backup" to the other.

0
Joel
3/5/2009 1:02:43 AM
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:06:07 -0600:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory,
> you would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time
> to retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.

The original HP35 was not even programmable,
but IIRC a book of "keystroke programs" for it,
the "HP35 Math Pac," to handle many problems,
was produced anyway by HP (and bought by me).

Who was the "prolific HP35 user" who originally wrote them?
[answered below, if you look through everything]

http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/swcd.htm
lists the following under "Calculator Manuals"

HP-35 Math Pac
HP-35 Surveying Pac
HP-35 Surveying

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL19996140M
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/102693396

http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp35a.php says, near end of page:
"Quoted from HP-35 Math Pac manual, page 168..
How would you display all 1's, 2's, ... 9's?"

Wow, here is quite a find (courtesy of Nelson & Horn)
http://holyjoe.org/hhc2007/Remembering%20The%20HP35A.pdf

"HP made it very easy for you to buy a machine.
You contacted the HP sales force and a salesman would take your order.
HP also started an order-by-mail campaign that gave you a true 15 day free trial.
They would not cash your check until after the 15 day trial"

[OFF...]
0
John
3/5/2009 5:11:10 PM
On 5 Mrz., 01:06, sc_use...@hotmail.com wrote:

> To the OP: the 35s does not have I/O, so if you were to purchase such
> a book of programs, you would have to enter each program in by hand.
> Then, since the 35s cannot save programs to nonvolatile memory, you
> would have to carefully change the two batteries one at a time to
> retain user memory, lest you re-enter all of the equations/formulae
> into the calculator.
>
> S.C.

My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories while battery
changing for minutes. You only get a problem, if you switch them
on with removed batteries. Try it, in my opinion there will be
no problem
Peter
0
PeterW
3/5/2009 5:18:16 PM
On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:18:16 -0600:

> My HP calcs (HP11C, HP50G) hold their memories
> while battery changing for minutes.

Did you take out the HP50G's lithium memory backup battery,
to make that a fair contest :)

..
0
John
3/5/2009 6:12:36 PM
On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:36:25 PM UTC-5, jdksu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a Programming/Solutions Manual for the HP 35s? I
> noticed that a company called "D'Zign" has a Solutions Manual for the
> HP 33s, but I have the 35s. I am seeking licensure as a Professional
> Land Surveyor, and the 35s is one of the few calculators allow on the
> exams for becoming a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional
> Engineer.
>
> If a manual does not exist, does anyone have plans to make one anytime
> soon? I'm certain there are a lot of surveyors/engineers who would
> purchase such a book.
>
> Jon K.

Check back to the D'Zign website.  They now have a solutions book for the the HP 35s.
0
glsense

Help me! I can't find solution of nonlinear equation
First of all.. I am poor at English & MATLAB. I want to find solution of nonlinear equation. The equation is E-e*sin(E)=sqrt(mu/a^3)*(t-t0) -> e , mu , a , to are constant. -> t = 1:365 How to find the E .. here is my m-files (script & function) --------function m-file--------- function F = eccen2(x) % eccentric anomaly G = 6.6726e-11; Mm = 6.42185e23; Ms = 1.989e30; G=G*1.0e-9*(24*60*60)^-2; mu=G*(Mm+Ms); a=2.0662e8; e=0.0934; % eccentricity T0=-(1+30+31+30+31); % perihelion time t=1:365; % day.. M=sqrt(mu/a^3)*(t-T0); %mean anomaly F = x-e*sin(x)-M; -------------...

What HP calculators you currently have?
Veli-Pekka has: HP-75C HP-71B * 2 HP 50G HP 49g+ HP 49G * 2 (one is overclocked to 5MHz) HP 48GII HP-48GX HP-48SX HP-28S * 2 HP-41CX * 3 (all somewhat broken) HP-42S HP 33S HP-32S HP-18C HP 17BII+ HP-16C Perhaps a few others, no Xpander :-( I could sell any of those to raise money because I'm between jobs Later I will regret (like selling my HP-15C) but that's another story AND I'm definately not a "standard" nerd...I just like gadgets I am not a standard nerd either but I like calcs like my: HP-35 * 2 older than me HP-45 * 2 older than me HP-55 older than me HP-9...

New HP Business Inkjet 1100D/1100DTN
Has anyone see this new series of printers from HP? I was ready to buy a Business Inkjet 2230, but was told that the 1100D replaces it. The printer sounds pretty good on HP's website: (http://www.hppdi.com/default.aspx?action=unit&seriesid=344&unitnumber=C8124A) 23 ppm draft. Automatic 2-sided printing. It includes separate cartidges for each color, like the 2230 did, so you don't have to replace all colors when one goes empty. However, when looking at cartridges it looks like these are only about 2/3 the size of the cartidges used in the 2230 (at least for col...

HP is allright
My 49g+ "2" key gave up the ghost after only 13 months. HP asked for my serial number, one of the early ones, and said they'd swap it out free of charge. Anyway, how are the current keyboards? Can I get excited? Thanks, Scott Scott Chapin wrote: > Anyway, how are the current keyboards? Can I get excited? Not over that, no. Regards Steen "Steen Schmidt" <ssc01@newmail.dk> wrote in message news:5cisd.410$%83.26@news.get2net.dk... > Scott Chapin wrote: > > > Anyway, how are the current keyboards? Can I get excited? > > Not over that, no...

solutions manual, test bank for Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets 8e 8/E 8th edition by John C Hull contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets 8e 8/E 8th edition by John C Hull solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets 8e 8/E 8th edition by John C Hull ...

protecting program memory
Is there an easy way to protect the memory used to store the program op codes from a rogue memory write from within the application? I have a large (100,000+ line) DJGPP application which sometimes crashes with SIGILL - It would seem the program is cannibalizing itself! In order to find how this is happening, I would like to protect the entire block of memory that contains the application code so that an exception occurs at the point the corruption occurs rather than the point that the corrupted code is executed. I guest I need to make the memory block read only, but I am not sure how to do t...

HP 6110
I have a HP 6110 multifunction printer. I use this as general printing/flatbed/copier device have been generally pleased with the machine. About 2 months ago, I had a quality issue with grime/dust marks under the glass platen and when I called HP, I was offered a replacement. I accepted. The following is a brief sequence of issues and experiences I had. 1. Communication with their customer service in India was polite but most frustrating. Multiple dropped calls in the middle of an installation instruction and CLEARING an issue with ESL and understand. Even though the tim...

File Viewing Programs
I would like to produce some CD's for the use of family and friends and hopefully later on as digital portfolios for prospective customers. I would like to include an automatic loading picture viewing program that would allow the user ti just pop the CD in and start viewing the pictures contained on the CD right away. Any suggestions? Take a look at Picasa2 http://www.picasa.com/download/index.php and FastStone Viewer http://www.faststone.org/ (both freeware). PowerPoint can also be used for this. Also, www.nonags.com has any number of freeware tools for creating CD slide shows. <...

HP chooses USB3 over ThunderBolt
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/05/17/hp-chooses-usb-3-0-over-thunderbolt/ "No value proposition in using Thunderbolt as there are no devices for it......" Firewire 2.0 R.I.P. On 5/23/11 4:27 PM, MuahMan wrote: > http://www.tuaw.com/2011/05/17/hp-chooses-usb-3-0-over-thunderbolt/ > > "No value proposition in using Thunderbolt as there are no devices for > it." > > > Firewire 2.0 > > R.I.P. What is your point? On May 23, 5:43=A0pm, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcity.com> wrote: > On 5/23/11 4:27 PM, MuahMan wrote: &g...

HP 64000 using 6800 Pascal Cross Compiler
Hi! I'm looking for the source code for the library routines (e.g. PARAM_, LEAX_B_X, Zbshift, Zequ, Zleq, etc.) needed to execute Pascal programs compiled by the Pascal/64000 compiler for the 6800 microprocessor. I have the relocatable file for the LIB6800. If anyone knows where I can find the source code, or if anyone knows of a workaround, I would be grateful. Thanks, Holly Holly Sherman wrote: > Hi! > I'm looking for the source code for the library routines (e.g. PARAM_, > LEAX_B_X, Zbshift, Zequ, Zleq, etc.) needed to execute Pascal programs > compiled by the Pascal...

Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Solution? Authenticate Online, Every Time
Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Solution? Authenticate Online, Every Time Matt Peckham Jan 27, 2010 7:20 am http://www.pcworld.com/article/187854/ubisofts_antipiracy_solution_authenticate_online_every_time.html?tk=nl_dnx_h_crawl Ubisoft's new PC-oriented anti-piracy scheme, which builds on a perpetual Internet authentication angle, sounds like a train wreck of an idea to me, speaking as a guy who frequently travels and therefore games without Internet access. Per GameSpy, it seems Ubisoft's anti-piracy comeback after using controversial digital rights management "solu...

HP-UX VTOC ???
Hi, Does HP-UX have the concept of a VTOC ? OS'es like Solaris & AIX store the information about disk partitions in the VTOC(Volume table of contents) on a disk. The VTOC usually contain boot info, partition name, versioning info, number of partitions, sector size in bytes, free space, partition headers etc... for use by bootloader or Filesystems. I couldn't find any information about anything related on HP-UX. Any information or pointers will be appreciated. thanks m On 2005-12-01, Manoj R <manuu@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Does HP-UX have the concept o...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP Pavilion zd7010us review
Hi All, Just thought I would give a short review on tis laptop. Specifications are; Pentium4 2.66GHz processor 512KB Cache 512MB DDR RAM nVidia 440 video with 64MB dedicated RAM 17.1" 1440 x 900 display Full size keyboard /w numeric keypad 60GB Hard drive (4200rpm, 12ms access time) Conexant 56.6 modem Conexant AC-Link Audio Wireless networking Harmon/Kardon speakers Ethernet 4 USB 2.0 Parallel port svideo port 1 PC-Card slot Firewire IrDA VGA port SD Card reader ...

3D program #2
Hi, I am looking for a simple application which would allow me to draw 3D solids and other geometric figures by entering numerical parameters for angles, curves, distances and so forth. Also, I would like be able to arrange 3D objects precisely in space. An animation capability would be a definite plus as well. Does such a program exist? BTW, I am running WXP Professional. Thanx in advance, Andre "AW" <one_at_large@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:QUSqg.166408$F_3.6823@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > Hi, > > > > I am looking for a simple ap...

solutions manual, test bank for Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives 9e 9/E 9th Edition by John C Hull contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives 9e 9/E 9th Edition by John C Hull solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives 9e 9/E 9th Edition by John C Hull ...

HP blue light
During printhead allignment there is a blue light. Does anybody know how it works? In article <Pve7d.39597$35.1832652@news4.tin.it>, luckyone@iol.it says... > During printhead allignment there is a blue light. > Does anybody know how it works? It's simply a blue LED. There is a sensor next to it to read the reflection. I think the main reason blue is used is because it's 'cool looking.' At work, we have a DesignJet 650C, which uses green. By monitoring the refelection while scanning across the special patterns, the printer can determine ...

SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO A First Course in Abstract Algebra (7th Ed., John B. Fraleigh)
I have solutions manuals to all problems and exercises in these textbooks. To get one in an electronic format contact me at: reganrexman(at)gmail(dot)com and let me know its title, author and edition. Please this service is NOT free. SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO C++ for Computer Science and Engineering by Vic Broquard SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO C++ How to Program 3rd edition - Deitel SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO CALCULO VECTORIAL 7th Ed. by Louis Leithold SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO Calculus 8th Edition by Varberg, Purcell, Rigdon SOLUTIONS MANUAL TO Calculus - Early Transcendentals, 6th E, by Anton, Bivens, Davis SO...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HPSBUX02248 SSRT071437 rev.1

Latest Solutions Manual and Test Bank 2014 and 2015 #4
We are exam study team; we have solutions manual and test banks for many books of different subjects. Here is a small portion of our collection for solutions manual and test bank. if u need anything u can contact us by email goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com do send us email if u need your requests at a cheap price and prompt delivery: contact goodsmtb(at)hotmail(dot)com here is selected titles of our list, if your required title is not there, again contact us, we may help u find your need. instructor manual for Marketing Management 2e Philip Kotler Kevin Keller Mairead...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE VERY BIG PROGRAM (ERP) USING CLARION?
We are the programmers=92 team which has been using CLARION for last twenty years. For period of one year we are making ERP which should have 1500-2000 procedures, ( we made 600) and, in last few months we are trying to solve problem that bothers us and we can=92t find a solution. ENVIRONMENT: Hardware: Processor 2Ghz, 1GB RAM=85 OS: MS VISTA Professional Database: MS SQL 2005 Clarion 6.1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Since now, we made two essentially different scenarios. SCENARIO ONE: 1. Single FaraonDCT.dll with global variables and procedures 2. Single Farao...

Case Solutions for Case for Brand Loyalty by Susan Fournier (contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Dear students, We are team of professionals, providing education services to students sinc= e 2006. We also provide help in=20 =EF=83=98 Projects =20 =EF=83=98 Assignments =20 =EF=83=98 Reports =20 =EF=83=98 Thesis =20 =EF=83=98 Articles=20 =EF=83=98 Cases solutions =EF=83=98 Research papers =20 =EF=83=98 Data Analysis=20 =20 contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com If you need any help, we will be available here always.=20 ...

HP drivers
Apple just released a new set of drivers for HP printers; they require OS X 10.6.1. <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907> Supported printers are listed at <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP> -- Member National Rifle Association Member American Civil Liberties Union Member Human Rights Campaign Thanks! On 9/11/09 1:47 PM, in article michelle-925375.11475311092009@news.eternal-september.org, "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote: > Apple just released a new set of drivers for HP printers; they require OS X > 10.6.1. > <http://support....

HPSBUX02262 SSRT071447 rev. 1