HP 48GII vs. HP 49G+

I'm looking into buying either one of these calculators.  I was
wondering if getting the 49G+ is worth paying an extra 40 dollars for?
 I know that the 49 has a bigger display and is faster, but other than
that what is different?  I don't know much about calculators, and I
used a TI 83 for highschool.  But my brother convinced me to get a HP.
I got a 48GX for christmas but the screen broke 2-3 months after that,
and now I am borrowing my other brothers TI 85.

thanks
russ
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

In <16bd5fef.0309181846.166df546@posting.google.com> Russ wrote:
> I'm looking into buying either one of these calculators.  I was
> wondering if getting the 49G+ is worth paying an extra 40 dollars for?
>  I know that the 49 has a bigger display and is faster, but other than
> that what is different?  I don't know much about calculators, and I
> used a TI 83 for highschool.  But my brother convinced me to get a HP.
> I got a 48GX for christmas but the screen broke 2-3 months after that,
> and now I am borrowing my other brothers TI 85.
I don't know how much faster it is but with the 49G+ you also get:

1-SD card reader
2-Flash Rom
3-512KB of RAM vs 128KB.

Not really worth it if you ask me this 48GII
0
Jean