HP 49g or HP 48gx

I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP 49g(non
plus).
I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and
has more
memory, but it has rubber keyboard. Is it worthy to swop?

0
Marijan
12/28/2004 4:40:57 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 3 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

"Beto" <beto_z_o.Borra_Esto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Marijan wrote:
>> I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP
>> 49g(non
>> plus).
>> I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and
>> has more
>> memory, but it has rubber keyboard. Is it worthy to swop?
>>

> Hi,
> If you need the extra memory and a CAS then swap them, because the
> keyboard is not bad and the equation library can be installed as a
> third-party program. Otherwise if it's going to be used mostly for number
> cruching, keep the 48GX, because it has a superior keyboard. That's my
> advice.
The 1MB Flash of the 49G is non-volatile - even if the batteries die
The system has 240KB RAM free plus another 256KB on a port
All the MetaKernel Goodies are in & ALG48 & Erable & more...
The new Equation Writer is about 1000*faster, but does not support units
[VPN]

0
Veli
12/28/2004 7:18:08 PM
Marijan wrote:
> I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP 49g(non
> plus).
> I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and
> has more
> memory, but it has rubber keyboard. Is it worthy to swop?

Hi,
If you need the extra memory and a CAS then swap them, because the
keyboard is not bad and the equation library can be installed as a
third-party program. Otherwise if it's going to be used mostly for
number cruching, keep the 48GX, because it has a superior keyboard.
That's my advice.

Regards,
--
Beto (Owner of a 49G, 49G+, 41C and a recently acquired 48GX basically
for number crunching at work)