HP Should Stop Making Calculators ( Revisited

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
Emulators / Simulators...
And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!

What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
The HP48
AND
Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.

It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
squeezed into the iPod.
It's just not right.
0
Reply thetranslucentamoebae (63) 9/29/2010 8:40:29 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

Try Spacetime.  It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
features.

i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce.  It's quite nice and can
integrate with the memory space of the 41CX.  IANS, you create CAS
programs as text files using a Pascal like language.  Plotting is also
supported.

You'd probably prefer Spacetime.  Full color, very nice set of
features, programmable.
0
Reply datajerk 9/30/2010 4:09:03 AM

On Sep 29, 10:09=A0pm, datajerk <dataj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
>
> <thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> > Emulators / Simulators...
> > And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> > What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> > Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> > The HP48
> > AND
> > Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> > It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> > squeezed into the iPod.
> > It's just not right.
>
> Try Spacetime. =A0It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
> features.
>
> i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce. =A0It's quite nice and can
> integrate with the memory space of the 41CX. =A0IANS, you create CAS
> programs as text files using a Pascal like language. =A0Plotting is also
> supported.
>
> You'd probably prefer Spacetime. =A0Full color, very nice set of
> features, programmable.

More info on Spacetime: http://www.spacetime.us/
0
Reply datajerk 9/30/2010 4:10:42 AM

I agree it's a likely squeezed but I can live with it. On my iPad, it
simply rocks though. I use m48+.

On Sep 29, 4:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

0
Reply aplnub 9/30/2010 11:51:25 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9661 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HP stopping making calculators?
Some time ago one of my teacher at the University told me that HP would stop making/supporting its calculators because of the advent of moder PALMs and PocketPCs. This happened when the HP49G was launched and as all could see HP didn't stop making calculators at all. Nowadays we have the 49G+, a faster, improved calculator, with its issues of course, but even so a better calculator than 49G. My point is, just how big is this technology leap? Let me make may poit even better (or worse). Nintendo is a videogame company that has absolutely RULED over the portable video games segment. It'...

has HP stopped making calculators?
Hello, I have just ordered an HP 49G+, and was looking for some info about the calculator, and came accross hpcalc.org http://www.hpcalc.org/goodbyeaco.php How can this be? the dealer I purchased this from says thr 49G+ came out in 2004 to replace the 49G I was stuck between a TI 89 Titnium or the HP49G+ I chose the HP as it has a 75Mhz Arm processor, and a few other goodies, at a slightly lower cost than the titanium, but if what I read is correct and HP calculators no longer exist then I wish I had gone for the TI 89 instead. Can someone please clarify this Cheers > Hello, > ...

HP should stop making Calculators...!
And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called that ) and such... "TranslucentAmoebae" <transamoebae@seanet.com> wrote in message news:ecc12d5c-ae69-4908-ae06-377e6617ec8d@p11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for > Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called > that ) > and such... How many people do you know who'd be willing to pay, say, $49 for an iPhone app that implemented a really ...

HP 48gII stopped during some calculations
I would like to know some time that it already happened in your HP 48 and why that happened in mine. ...

So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators
So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contract the job off to another firm. is this good or bad. It makes me feel much less confident in the product. "Vincent" <nOne@aol.com> wrote in message news:Xns98A99A208298nOneaolcom@216.196.97.131... > So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contract the > job off > to another firm. is this good or bad. It makes me feel much less > confident in the product. Why? On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:09:03 -0600, Vincent wrote: > So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contrac...

How Do I Make HP LaserJet Stop Reprinting on Error?
At my office, I have an HP LaserJet 5SiNX. It is a good printer, and reliable. When an error occurs, however, it responds by reprinting the entire document from the beginning. I would like to change this behavior. How can I configure the printer so it stops printing when an error occurs, rather than reprinting? There are times when a difficult page at the end of a document causes the document to go into an endless cycle of error and reprint. I have seen a 50 page document cause the printer to burn through an entire ream of 500 pages. -TC In general-- Two things need to happ...

HP PRIME LISTED ON HP CALCULATOR SITE !!!
I found a new spec sheet for the HP Prime calculator on the HP calculator site. There is a link to purchase calculators from the HP Store, but I do not about the Prime. It is on the HP Calculator Web Site on the opening page. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/prodserv/calculator.html Harold A Climer Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy U.T Chattanooga Room 223 Grote Hall 615 McCallie Ave Chattanooga TN 37403 Harold-Climer@utc.edu ...

HP Calculators (HP's version of an E6B ?)
Did HP ever come out with an equivalent of the E6B ? I've used a couple of electronic E6B's and have grown thoroughly sick of them, clearly ASA and Sporty's don't know how to make calculators. On the other hand, HP made some really good calculators (12C, 32Sii), did they ever make an E6B ? Does anyone know whether HP is open to suggestions re: calculators, would they take the idea seriously if one suggested it ? Thanks in advance for assistance, comments, suggestions ... a- "Amrith Kumar" <NOEMAIL@hotmail.com> writes: > Did HP ever come...

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.
I am trying to strip the texinfo, pdf, dvi and html targets from the binutils makefile in preparation for scratch building. I am getting an error, as I attempt to compile the suite as follows: config.status: executing default-1 commands make[2]: Entering directory `/volumes/vol3a/build/binutils-2.19.1/opcodes' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. I don't know what has gone wrong there, but how do I go about tracing the cause of this error? Which Makefile is being searched for such a rule? The project appears to have five Makefiles at this stage of ...

"Wikibook" on programming HP calculators in HP-BASIC
Hi everyone, I'm reasonably sure most of you will have heard of Wikipedia, if not, have a look at this page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia This explains what Wikipedia and the wiki concept are all about. A sister project of Wikipedia, Wikibooks, was more recently created, and I've made substantial edits and additions to the book on programming HP calculators in HP-BASIC. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming_HP_Calculators However, the content is still far from complete, and needs expansion! Anyone can edit the wikibook, you don't need to make an account although I re...

make it stop

Speakers make popping noise and Imac stops making sounds
Sometimes when I'm switching music staations in Itunes, I hear a popping noise from the internal speakers and all of the computer's sounds stop (i.e. all Itunes music stations and making a screen snapshot). Then I have to log out and in again to solve the problem. Just restarting Itunes doesn't solve the problem. I'm using a late 2006 Imac with OS 10.4.11 and Itunes 9.0.4. Robert In article <9%T%m.60114$PH1.34127@edtnps82>, Robert Montgomery <info-block@northern-data-tech.net> wrote: > Sometimes when I'm switching music staations in Itu...

HP Scanner makes everything yellow (HP Scanjet 2400)
Hi Here are some pictures: http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1a.jpg http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1b.jpg A is the original picture, 50% in order to make it fit here. As you can see only a part of it is in the right colours. A part of the original scan is the B - with "waves" in it, I have seen that before and know simply to resize. But you can see the colour difference better. What causes the yellowness and how can I fix it? It is a HP Scanjet 2400. WBR Sonnich In article <f02fa18e-857d-4920-bc6d-7c8e5f255e97@gi10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>, Sonnich Jensen <sonnichjensen@gmail.c...

HP calculators under a $
The price that was listed could have been the correct cost for the calculator, its manufacturing cost. 2 years ago when HP was deciding what is was going to do about calculators and most office supply stores were getting rid of their stock of HP's as fast as they could, I decided to get another 48GX as a spear. I went to the local Office Depot, the only place in town that had HP's that you could look at and try out. When it was rang up the cost was $38 with tax. I inquired about the price and I was told that the store was getting rid of their stock of 48GX's at their cost. I t...

how do i make it stop?
I was playing around with a program I was writing in an Mfile and it contained and exponential function. I ran it in the command window but then I realized that I didnt put a semicolon after the exponential function. Now I can't get it to stop. How do I stop the execution of this function? "Alicia Jackson" <jackson.1287@osu.edu> wrote in message news:ef237bd.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... >I was playing around with a program I was writing in an Mfile and it > contained and exponential function. I ran it in the command window > but then I realized that I didnt put a semic...

make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop.
I used ACE-5.4.10 on RHEL-AS3, the ACE works well. Now I upgrade my os to CentSO4.4, Hardware CPU=P3/ MEM=512M I can build the ACE and it's examples and run the exampls... But I can not compile my own app source, the make end with some output error as follows. ==============Simple Make Output============ [zheng@centos4 configer]$ make make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop. ==============Detail Make Output============ [zheng@centos4 configer]$ make SHELL="sh -x" + awk '/ACE_MAJOR_VERSION/ { print $3}' /home/zheng/...

Ann: HP-GCC V1.0.3 Beta
Hi all, On behalf of my fellow developers, I'm proud to annouce the first version of HP-GCC. This is a C compiler for HP's ARM based calculators. Most of the work has been on 49g+ support, but the 48gii should work as well. The 39g+ _should_ work, but it requires alot more effort at this stage. You are much better off waiting for a later release before targetting the 39g+. Please see http://hpgcc.sf.net for the release. This is a ZIP file for Windows, and includes everything you need. It includes many example programs, such as Tetris and Chess games. It has support for the k...

but someone got out and me and my familiy try to stop them and got trocherd in unknow dimentions i try to make it better and they change me to make it worse so what do i do if you see what in my
but someone got out and me and my familiy try to stop them and got trocherd in unknow dimentions i try to make it better and they change me to make it worse so what do i do if you see what in my chest in every dimention!!! look for consiousnesses in the house i spelled it wrong bbecuase thats what you will say when you see my bodie 366-94-1447 2-3-1973 follow my bodie and the liverance familiy everywhere and look find out why we are being killed????? TRUE PROVEN METHOD OF HIGHER INTELLGENCE alpha, theta and delta, brain waves of the mind wich we now know that are qunatium state of mind space...

problems with creating bind9 under a jail (make: don't know how to make /usr/jail/bind9/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop)
i'm following the following tutorial to create bind9 under a jail: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/09/04/jails.html in doing so, i'm getting the following error: ------------------- # make world DESTDIR=/usr/jail/bind9 -------------------------------------------------------------- >>> Building an up-to-date make(1) -------------------------------------------------------------- make: don't know how to make /usr/jail/bind9/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop *** Error code 2 Stop in /usr/src. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/src. ------------------------ i'...

but someone got out and me and my familiy try to stop them and got trocherd in unknow dimentions i try to make it better and they change me to make it worse so what do i do if you see what in my chest
but someone got out and me and my familiy try to stop them and got trocherd in unknow dimentions i try to make it better and they change me to make it worse so what do i do if you see what in my chest in every dimention!!! look for consiousnesses in the house i spelled it wrong bbecuase thats what you will say when you see my bodie 366-94-1447 2-3-1973 follow my bodie and the liverance familiy everywhere and look find out why we are being killed????? TRUE PROVEN METHOD OF HIGHER INTELLGENCE alpha, theta and delta, brain waves of the mind wich we now know that are qunatium state of...

HP 28S Calculator
I just aquired a HP-28S calculator with no manual. I can't get it to add 2+2 without the user manual, so I'm wondering if it's possible to download the manual, or do I need to buy one? Thanks, -Bill Well, I got it working in standard mode (STD). I can press 2 and then the "enter" key, and then press 2 again, and then the (+) key to get 4, which must mean 2+2 = 4. It's reverse polish notation without the "equal" key. Nice calculator, Sure would be nice to have the manual. -Bill Hello. Maybe you can find it useful to have a look at: http://www.hpmuseu...

Stopping Loop Calculation
Sometimes I need to stop the calculation due to long loop calculation or due to mistake. What sequence to be made using keyboard to stop the excecution. Thanks in advance. Ism ism wrote: > > > Sometimes I need to stop the calculation due to long loop > calculation > or due to mistake. What sequence to be made using keyboard to stop > the > excecution. Thanks in advance. Ism > > CTRL+C On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:31:02 -0500, Shaun wrote: > ism wrote: >> >> >> Sometimes I need to stop the calculation due to long loop >> calculation >>...

What is that somebody few to make me a calculation
I have to use a program which r�soud a system of differential equations and credit note of the results on Monday. But calculation owed 2 days I can make only a single calculation. What is that somebody can be made another calculation and send back to me the data of the workspace.If it is possible to send I an e-mail. Emmanuel <emmanuel.segrestin@worldonline.fr> wrote in news:eedf592.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP: > I have to use a program which r�soud a system of differential > equations and credit note of the results on Monday. But calculation > owed 2 days I can make only a single ca...

How to stop MCR during calculation?
Hello, I use .net compilation, so far so good, I have to stop the calculation of the compiled matlab code sometimes during calculation. 1.Is there a mechanism that allow it? 2.How can I get the handle of the MCR? I am writing in c# .Net. Thanks, Tzachi ...