HP Should Stop Making Calculators ( Revisited

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
Emulators / Simulators...
And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!

What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
The HP48
AND
Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.

It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
squeezed into the iPod.
It's just not right.
0
Reply thetranslucentamoebae (63) 9/29/2010 8:40:29 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

Try Spacetime.  It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
features.

i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce.  It's quite nice and can
integrate with the memory space of the 41CX.  IANS, you create CAS
programs as text files using a Pascal like language.  Plotting is also
supported.

You'd probably prefer Spacetime.  Full color, very nice set of
features, programmable.
0
Reply datajerk 9/30/2010 4:09:03 AM

On Sep 29, 10:09=A0pm, datajerk <dataj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
>
> <thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> > Emulators / Simulators...
> > And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> > What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> > Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> > The HP48
> > AND
> > Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> > It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> > squeezed into the iPod.
> > It's just not right.
>
> Try Spacetime. =A0It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
> features.
>
> i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce. =A0It's quite nice and can
> integrate with the memory space of the 41CX. =A0IANS, you create CAS
> programs as text files using a Pascal like language. =A0Plotting is also
> supported.
>
> You'd probably prefer Spacetime. =A0Full color, very nice set of
> features, programmable.

More info on Spacetime: http://www.spacetime.us/
0
Reply datajerk 9/30/2010 4:10:42 AM

I agree it's a likely squeezed but I can live with it. On my iPad, it
simply rocks though. I use m48+.

On Sep 29, 4:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

0
Reply aplnub 9/30/2010 11:51:25 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9600 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HP stopping making calculators?
Some time ago one of my teacher at the University told me that HP would stop making/supporting its calculators because of the advent of moder PALMs and PocketPCs. This happened when the HP49G was launched and as all could see HP didn't stop making calculators at all. Nowadays we have the 49G+, a faster, improved calculator, with its issues of course, but even so a better calculator than 49G. My point is, just how big is this technology leap? Let me make may poit even better (or worse). Nintendo is a videogame company that has absolutely RULED over the portable video games segment. It'...

has HP stopped making calculators?
Hello, I have just ordered an HP 49G+, and was looking for some info about the calculator, and came accross hpcalc.org http://www.hpcalc.org/goodbyeaco.php How can this be? the dealer I purchased this from says thr 49G+ came out in 2004 to replace the 49G I was stuck between a TI 89 Titnium or the HP49G+ I chose the HP as it has a 75Mhz Arm processor, and a few other goodies, at a slightly lower cost than the titanium, but if what I read is correct and HP calculators no longer exist then I wish I had gone for the TI 89 instead. Can someone please clarify this Cheers > Hello, > ...

HP should stop making Calculators...!
And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called that ) and such... "TranslucentAmoebae" <transamoebae@seanet.com> wrote in message news:ecc12d5c-ae69-4908-ae06-377e6617ec8d@p11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for > Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called > that ) > and such... How many people do you know who'd be willing to pay, say, $49 for an iPhone app that implemented a really ...

HP 48gII stopped during some calculations
I would like to know some time that it already happened in your HP 48 and why that happened in mine. ...

So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators
So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contract the job off to another firm. is this good or bad. It makes me feel much less confident in the product. "Vincent" <nOne@aol.com> wrote in message news:Xns98A99A208298nOneaolcom@216.196.97.131... > So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contract the > job off > to another firm. is this good or bad. It makes me feel much less > confident in the product. Why? On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:09:03 -0600, Vincent wrote: > So HP doesnt actually make there own calculators, they contrac...

How Do I Make HP LaserJet Stop Reprinting on Error?
At my office, I have an HP LaserJet 5SiNX. It is a good printer, and reliable. When an error occurs, however, it responds by reprinting the entire document from the beginning. I would like to change this behavior. How can I configure the printer so it stops printing when an error occurs, rather than reprinting? There are times when a difficult page at the end of a document causes the document to go into an endless cycle of error and reprint. I have seen a 50 page document cause the printer to burn through an entire ream of 500 pages. -TC In general-- Two things need to happ...

HP PRIME LISTED ON HP CALCULATOR SITE !!!
I found a new spec sheet for the HP Prime calculator on the HP calculator site. There is a link to purchase calculators from the HP Store, but I do not about the Prime. It is on the HP Calculator Web Site on the opening page. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/prodserv/calculator.html Harold A Climer Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy U.T Chattanooga Room 223 Grote Hall 615 McCallie Ave Chattanooga TN 37403 Harold-Climer@utc.edu ...

HP Calculators (HP's version of an E6B ?)
Did HP ever come out with an equivalent of the E6B ? I've used a couple of electronic E6B's and have grown thoroughly sick of them, clearly ASA and Sporty's don't know how to make calculators. On the other hand, HP made some really good calculators (12C, 32Sii), did they ever make an E6B ? Does anyone know whether HP is open to suggestions re: calculators, would they take the idea seriously if one suggested it ? Thanks in advance for assistance, comments, suggestions ... a- "Amrith Kumar" <NOEMAIL@hotmail.com> writes: > Did HP ever come...

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.
I am trying to strip the texinfo, pdf, dvi and html targets from the binutils makefile in preparation for scratch building. I am getting an error, as I attempt to compile the suite as follows: config.status: executing default-1 commands make[2]: Entering directory `/volumes/vol3a/build/binutils-2.19.1/opcodes' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. I don't know what has gone wrong there, but how do I go about tracing the cause of this error? Which Makefile is being searched for such a rule? The project appears to have five Makefiles at this stage of ...