HP Should Stop Making Calculators ( Revisited

i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
Emulators / Simulators...
And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!

What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
The HP48
AND
Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.

It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
squeezed into the iPod.
It's just not right.
comp.sys.hp48 9725 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

Try Spacetime.  It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
features.

i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce.  It's quite nice and can
integrate with the memory space of the 41CX.  IANS, you create CAS
programs as text files using a Pascal like language.  Plotting is also
supported.

You'd probably prefer Spacetime.  Full color, very nice set of
features, programmable.
0
datajerk
9/30/2010 4:09:03 AM
On Sep 29, 10:09=A0pm, datajerk <dataj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
>
> <thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> > Emulators / Simulators...
> > And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> > What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> > Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> > The HP48
> > AND
> > Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> > It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> > squeezed into the iPod.
> > It's just not right.
>
> Try Spacetime. =A0It's a programmable CAS with a super-set of 48
> features.
>
> i41CX+ has an internal CAS based on Reduce. =A0It's quite nice and can
> integrate with the memory space of the 41CX. =A0IANS, you create CAS
> programs as text files using a Pascal like language. =A0Plotting is also
> supported.
>
> You'd probably prefer Spacetime. =A0Full color, very nice set of
> features, programmable.

More info on Spacetime: http://www.spacetime.us/
0
datajerk
9/30/2010 4:10:42 AM
I agree it's a likely squeezed but I can live with it. On my iPad, it
simply rocks though. I use m48+.

On Sep 29, 4:40=A0pm, TranslucentAmoebae
<thetranslucentamoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally got out and got an iPod Touch, and tried out some of the HP
> Emulators / Simulators...
> And This is NOT what i am looking for...!!!
>
> What i would like for both my iPod and The Big Box, Is an Appliance /
> Application that features the full programming ease and versatility of
> The HP48
> AND
> Makes full use of The much Better Screen Resolution & Full Color.
>
> It's really kind of -Embarrassing- to look at these calculators
> squeezed into the iPod.
> It's just not right.

0
aplnub