left and right shift operations for custom menus

Hi everyone

I want to create a custom menu on my HP50g.

Reading the electronic user's guide I see that to create a (permanent)
custom menu that assigns the functions EXP, LN, GAMMA and ! to the
keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 respectively, one enters:

{EXP LN GAMMA !} ENTER MENU

However a little later in the guide it states that the general form of
the list above is:

{=93label1=94, function1, ls1, rs1}, {=93label2=94, function2, ls2, rs2},=
=85}

where "label1" is the name of the soft menu key, funtion1 is the
function that will be carried out when the key is pressed and ls1 and
rs1 are the functions that will be carried out when the key is left-
and right-shifted, respectively.
(is there a typo in the guide and should there be an extra curly
bracket at the beginning?)

My take on this is that entering for example:

{{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU

would create a custom menu where the label for key F1 is "expf" and
unshifted, left-shifted and right-shifted operations of F1 would carry
out the functions EXP, LN, and !, respectively.

I've tried this on a HP50g emulator. The unshifted operation works as
expected (the exponential function) but left- and right-shifting does
nothing.
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 3 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

> {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU

Try {{"expf" { EXP LN ! } }} ENTER MENU

 From Page 592 of the AUR

---Begin copy & paste---

You can specify menu labels and key actions independently by replacing a
single object within the custommenu list with a list of the form
{”label-object” action-object }.

To provide different shifted actions for custom menu keys, action-object
can be a list containing three action objects in this order:
- The unshifted action ( required if you want to specify the shifted
actions ).
- The left-shifted action.
- The right-shifted action.

---End copy & paste---

The key part being..."action-object can be a list containing three
action objects"

Jacob

On 02/07/2011 2:46 AM, Dan wrote:
> {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU
0
jacobw (45)
7/2/2011 3:01:11 PM
On Jul 3, 1:01=A0am, Jacob Wall <jac...@surv50.ca> wrote:
> > {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU
>
> Try {{"expf" { EXP LN ! } }} ENTER MENU
>
> From Page 592 of the AUR
> The key part being..."action-object can be a list containing three
> action objects"
>
> Jacob

Great! Thanks Jacob.

Dan