left and right shift operations for custom menus

Hi everyone

I want to create a custom menu on my HP50g.

Reading the electronic user's guide I see that to create a (permanent)
custom menu that assigns the functions EXP, LN, GAMMA and ! to the
keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 respectively, one enters:

{EXP LN GAMMA !} ENTER MENU

However a little later in the guide it states that the general form of
the list above is:

{=93label1=94, function1, ls1, rs1}, {=93label2=94, function2, ls2, rs2},=
=85}

where "label1" is the name of the soft menu key, funtion1 is the
function that will be carried out when the key is pressed and ls1 and
rs1 are the functions that will be carried out when the key is left-
and right-shifted, respectively.
(is there a typo in the guide and should there be an extra curly
bracket at the beginning?)

My take on this is that entering for example:

{{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU

would create a custom menu where the label for key F1 is "expf" and
unshifted, left-shifted and right-shifted operations of F1 would carry
out the functions EXP, LN, and !, respectively.

I've tried this on a HP50g emulator. The unshifted operation works as
expected (the exponential function) but left- and right-shifting does
nothing.
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

> {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU

Try {{"expf" { EXP LN ! } }} ENTER MENU

 From Page 592 of the AUR

---Begin copy & paste---

You can specify menu labels and key actions independently by replacing a
single object within the custommenu list with a list of the form
{”label-object” action-object }.

To provide different shifted actions for custom menu keys, action-object
can be a list containing three action objects in this order:
- The unshifted action ( required if you want to specify the shifted
actions ).
- The left-shifted action.
- The right-shifted action.

---End copy & paste---

The key part being..."action-object can be a list containing three
action objects"

Jacob

On 02/07/2011 2:46 AM, Dan wrote:
> {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU
0
jacobw (45)
7/2/2011 3:01:11 PM
On Jul 3, 1:01=A0am, Jacob Wall <jac...@surv50.ca> wrote:
> > {{"expf" EXP LN ! }} ENTER MENU
>
> Try {{"expf" { EXP LN ! } }} ENTER MENU
>
> From Page 592 of the AUR
> The key part being..."action-object can be a list containing three
> action objects"
>
> Jacob

Great! Thanks Jacob.

Dan

Left Shift / Right Shift Operators
Hi, Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift Operator ? e.g int a = 5 ; a = a >> 1 ; // // a is now 2 and the least significant bit is lost // // I want this solution for the question: "How to find if the number is even or odd using only "<<" or/and ">>" operators ?" On Thu, 29 Nov 2006, Santosh Nayak wrote: > > Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift > Operator ? int a = 5; int lost_bit = a & 1; a = a >> 1; /* now lost_bit holds the lost bit */ > ...

Java left shift and right shift operators.
I have a problem where I have to do left shift and right shift. Long N; int shiftby; output = N >> shiftby; Above N is shifted right. Example if N=11101101 [binary value] will become: 1110110 when shiftby=1; will become: 0111011 when shiftby=2; will become: 0011101 when shiftby=3; will become: 0001110 when shiftby=4; will become: 0000111 when shiftby=5; will become: 0000011 when shiftby=6; will become: 0000001 when shiftby=7; When I want to shift left I can use output = N << shiftby; //[Not change in sign "<<" instead of ">>"] Above N is shifted left. Example if N=11101101 [binary value] will become: 111011010 when shiftby=1; will become: 1110110100 when shiftby=2; will become: 11101101000 when shiftby=3; will become: 111011010000 when shiftby=4; will become: 1110110100000 when shiftby=5; will become: 11101101000000 when shiftby=6; will become: 111011010000000 when shiftby=7; I have to use use left shift and right shift to shift Number right/ left depending on value of shiftby if (shift>0) output = N >> shiftby; else output = N << (-shiftby);// working but inefficient. I am using above shift operator many times. I want to get rid of the if then else condition. As If condition takes a lot of time. I want something like output = N >> shiftby; where N is shifted left / right automatically if shiftby is -ve then shift left otherwise shift right. I tried using below function divider=2^shiftby; /...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

shift left, shift right
Hello, Is there any command to shift left or right a vector ? thanks for your reply. patrice: <SNIP ...Is there any command to shift left or right a vector... a hint: help circshift us Try these: 4.1 Vectors To shift and rotate the elements of a vector, use X([ end 1:end-1 ]); % shift right/down 1 element X([ end-k+1:end 1:end-k ]); % shift right/down k elements X([ 2:end 1 ]); % shift left/up 1 element X([ k+1:end 1:k ]); % shift left/up k elements Try this link: <http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/course/2003/impr/matlab/MatlabTip.pdf> -TRO patrice wrote: > > > H...

Precision of C++ left/right shift operator..
I am using this type of code to do right-shifting, B = 3; data1 = (data + (1 << (B-1))) >> B; data1 seems incorrect when data = -4-8*i.. which means it rounds -1.5 to -1 instead of -2. On the positive side, 1.5 is rounded to 2, which ic correct. For left-shift, it's simply as follows, no pitfalls, am I right? data1 = data << B; Thanks. G Iveco wrote: > I am using this type of code to do right-shifting, > > B = 3; > data1 = (data + (1 << (B-1))) >> B; > > data1 seems incorrect when data = -4-8*i.. which means it > rounds -1.5 to...

left shift then right shift an unsigned int
Hello, for the following code: unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) Thanks and best regards, Wenjie On 11 Jul 2003 04:07:43 -0700, gokkog@yahoo.com (Wenjie) wrote: >Hello, for the following code: > unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; > unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; >Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) It looks OK to me... -- Bob Hairg...

Left hand operators vs right hand operators
Consider we have a template class A templated over a type Type. We create a member operator+(const Type& value). Then we create an non- member template operator+(const Type& value, const A<Type>& a) to take care of the left hand side summation. These two functions have a big difference: the former is a normal member function, while the latter is a template function. What this means is that implicit conversions are not available for calling the templated function. For example, consider: (1) A<float> a; (2) a = a + 1; (3) a = 1 + a; While (2) is ok, (3) does not compile, because of the template function omitting the implicit conversion int->float. Now, one can simulate the implicit conversion by giving the template function extra freedoms over the left hand parameter type, call it Type2 and then explicitly computing it inside the template function (Type converted = value;). Then the left-hand operator+ works like the right- hand operator+, except that the former creates code-bloat. The need for simulation also seems a bit like reverse-engineering. One can see that there clearly is a non-symmetry between the left-hand and right-hand operators. Now, my question is, whether there has been any considerations on solving this non-symmetry? In a nutshell, the goal would be to make it easy to describe a left-hand operator+ (or any other binary operator) that works equivalently to a member right-hand operator+...

left shift operator behaves like left rotate when the operand is a variable.
Below is a snippet of code and the result (compiler version also mentioned). I fail to understand why the left shift operator behaves as if it were the left rotate operator when the operand is a variable. $ cat test.c #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { unsigned int a = 32, b = 33; printf("with constants 1 << 32 = %u, 1 << 33 = %u\n", 1<<32, 1<<33); printf("with variables 1 << 32 = %u, 1 << 33 = %u\n", 1<<a, 1<<b); return 0; } $ gcc test.c test.c: In function 'main': test.c:6:5: warning: left shi...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

shift right operator
main() { int a =100; a = a>>32; printf(" %d", a); } it prints "a" as 100 only....but I am expecting a = 0..... can some one tell me the reason? bye Deepak\ DeepaK K C wrote: > main() > { > int a =100; > a = a>>32; > printf(" %d", a); > } > > it prints "a" as 100 only....but I am expecting a = 0..... > can some one tell me the reason? It's a manifestation of undefined behaviour. (Some machines only have a 5-bit shift count, for example.) What happens if you turn your compiler warnings up? -- Chris "...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

Why does left shift operation invoke Undefined Behaviour when the left side operand has negative value?
In C bitwise left shift operation invokes Undefined Behaviour when the left side operand has negative value. Relevant quote from ISO C99 (6.5.7/4) "The result of E1 << E2 is E1 left-shifted E2 bit positions; vacated bits are =EF=AC=81lled with zeros. If E1 has an unsigned type, the value of the result is E1=C3=97 2E2, reduced modulo one more than the maximum value representable in the result type. If E1 has a signed type and nonnegative value, and E1=C3=97 2E2 is representable in the result type, then that is the resulting value; otherwise, the behavior is unde=EF=AC=81ned." ...

How to shift Left or Right in SSE2
How do I do a bitwise shift left or right in SSE2? I would like that each of the 4 Word is shifted left (or right) by a number of n bits. I could only find _mm_srai_epi32 (only right!), which howevere does not do what I want, as it brings in introduce the sign bit. Thanks, Fabio spamtrap@crayne.org writes: > How do I do a bitwise shift left or right in SSE2? > > I would like that each of the 4 Word is shifted left (or right) by a > number of n bits. > > I could only find _mm_srai_epi32 (only right!), which howevere does > not do what I want, as it brings in int...

left shift operator
Hi, I have an array A[10] of type short, and I want to left shift the value in index 0 by four. I tried the following statement: A[0] << = 4; Unfortunately, I get the following error when I try to compile: -- expected primary-expression before '=' token. Any ideas/suggestions what i'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks! Ali posted: > A[0] << = 4; Get rid of the space between << and =. A[0] <<= 4; Beware of integer promotion when playing around with anything smaller than an int. -- Frederick Gotham ...

Regarding left shift operator
Respected Experts, Iam RaviKumar.N, I have a query regarding left shift operator. Consider the following variables: 1) unsigned char a = 2; 2) unsigned char b = 3; 3) unsigned short c; Consider the following expression: c = (unsigned short)(( a << 8) | b); My query is: "Is it valid to shift a byte value by an 8-bit". I got this expression compiled,but Iam not sure about the results I got. Please let me know about this. With Regards Ravi Kumar.N > Respecte...

Drop down menus shifted to the left
I am running Pegasus ver 4.6.3 and in the past couple of days my drop down menus have shifted to the left. The drop down menu under File is shifted so far to the left that it almost hits the edge of the computer screen. All of the drop down menus have this problem. Everything functions correctly but I can not understand why this happened nor how to correct it. Any suggestions? Harry On Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:04:14 PM UTC-8, (unknown) wrote: > I am running Pegasus ver 4.6.3 and in the past couple of days my drop > down menus have shifted to the left. The drop down menu under File is > shifted so far to the left that it almost hits the edge of the > computer screen. All of the drop down menus have this problem. > Everything functions correctly but I can not understand why this > happened nor how to correct it. Any suggestions? > > Harry This problem has happened again and I can't remember what was suggested to fix it before. Help! harry wrote on 12 jul 2012 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows: > On Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:04:14 PM UTC-8, (unknown) wrote: >> I am running Pegasus ver 4.6.3 and in the past couple of days my drop >> down menus have shifted to the left. The drop down menu under File is >> shifted so far to the left that it almost hits the edge of the >> computer screen. All of the drop down menus have this problem. >> Everything functions correctly but I can no...

Integer left shift operation
Hi all, I got an syntax error with the following left shfit operation assignment. # Assignment target incompatible with right side. Expected type "INTEGER". # Cannot find function to_integer for these actuals. # Undefined type of expression. library ieee; use ieee.std_logic_1164.all; use ieee.numeric_std.all; use ieee.math_real.al process variable ip1, nprev: integer; begin nprev:=20; ip1:=to_integer(to_StdLogicVector(nprev) sll 1); end process; Any help will be very appreciate!!! Kindest regards, Stanley cltsaig a �crit: > Hi all, > > I got an syntax error wit...

OPERATOR(7) ?: left to right?
Hi I noticed OpenBSD's man stating the associatively for OPERATOR(7) ?: as right to left. I think it should be left to right, unless there's something I don't know about. Other BSD man references have the same entry. // Please remove f in address to reply. In article <3FAF6B93.4F0D26CD@shaw.ca>, Tom wrote: > Hi > > I noticed OpenBSD's man stating the associatively for OPERATOR(7) > ?: > > as right to left. I think it should be left to right, unless there's > something I don't know about. Other BSD man references ...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, > at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) That makes no sense whatsoever. gnuplot generates some kind of picture. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether a line was drawn from left to right or right to left --- it'll be the same line in the end, consisisting of exactly the same pixels being coloured. So since this doesn't make sense, maybe you should tell us what your actual problem is, so we can find out how that might be solved. On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:12:33 PM UTC+1, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker wrote: > On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: >=20 >=20 >=20 > > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my >=20 > > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, >=20 > > at the minute it plots from...

SPARK left/right shift.
Hi. What's the "correct" way to get access to left/right shift operations for modular types in SPARK? I see from the Checker manual that the proof language is capable of modelling them but then I also see that the Interfaces package isn't predefined. On Jul 21, 10:07=A0am, xorque <xorquew...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi. > > What's the "correct" way to get access to left/right shift operations > for modular types in SPARK? The standard shift/rotate functions in Interfaces are overloaded, so not legal SPARK. The way round this is to declare a...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

custom right click menus on taskbar
When you right click on a program tab on taskbar, you get a menu (restore, move, size, minimize, maximise, close). Is there any way of configuring this menu, I.E. removing items and adding custom ones? Many thanks in advance. > When you right click on a program tab on taskbar, you get a menu > (restore, move, size, minimize, maximise, close). Is there any way of > configuring this menu, I.E. removing items and adding custom ones? This menu is called "system menu" and can be retrieved by using the GetSystemMenu() function, which returns a handle (HMENU) referen...

Emulate right shift with ALU operations
Hello comp.arch, I'm trying to code in IA-64 assembly language an algorithm that requires A LOT of shifts and rotates. The problem is, the Itanium 2 can only perform one shrp per cycle while it can perform up to 6 arithmetic and logical operations per cycle. Is there a way to "emulate" a constant right shift with arithmetic (add, sub) and logical (and, or, xor, andcm) operations? e.g. using ALU operations, SHR(x,6) = ?? -- Regards, Nudge Nudge <honeypot@kma.eu.org> wrote: > Is there a way to "emulate" a constant right shift with arithmetic > (add, sub...

Changing M-<right,left> to C-<right,left>
Hello, I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to have it 70%, 30%. TIA, Andre Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gmail.com> writes: > Hello, > > I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title > and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. > > (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Works for me. Seems the code is not evaluated at all for you, dunno why, presumably something is wrong with your init file. > Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same > window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open > the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to > have it 70%, 30%. You can use the prefix arg of `split-window-below' to specify window heights in lines, see the doc string. Is that acceptable? ...

Web resources about - left and right shift operations for custom menus - comp.sys.hp48

United States Special Operations Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Special Operations Command ( USSOCOM ) is the Unified Combatant Command charged with overseeing the various Special Operations ...

Logan police set up school zone drink driving operation
Logan police step up operation targeting drink drivers in school zones after nabbing more drunk mums and dads than expected.

Ingleburn shooting: operation concluded
The siege in Sydney's south-west concluded with three hostages released unharmed after a six-hour standoff with police on Monday.

Ingleburn shooting: operation concluded
The siege in Sydney's south-west concluded with three hostages released unharmed after a six-hour standoff with police on Monday.

Confessions of a Sydney surgeon: why your operation may not work
Commonly performed operations can be found to be useless, according to a practising Sydney surgeon.

Package Wars: Amazon, FedEx both planning new delivery operations
News broke virtually at the same time that both Amazon and FedEx are plotting major distribution operations. Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN) confirmed ...

Feds Sue To Halt Illegal Solar Panel Telemarketing Operation
... then prompted consumers to “press one” to lower their electric bills. When listeners did that, they were connected to an employee of the operation ...

Women Of British Special Operations In World War II
It's Women's History Month - Meet Some Women That Made History

Fox Bolsters Film Book Scouting Operations By Hiring John McLay
EXCLUSIVE : Twentieth Century Fox has brought aboard veteran international literary scout , John McLay , to bolster its book scouting ranks. ...

Mario Kart TV closes online operations in April
... if it had a good battle mode!), but online support for the TV element is winding down. On April 5, Mario Kart TV will cease its online operations ...