f



Multiple Equation Solver - HP48-GX

Hello everybody!

I have written a small program witch solves a few equations with the 
multiple equation solver. The code is below:

<<
{ 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'}
'EQ' STO MINIT MSOLVR
 >>

Program works really fine but when I exit from the ME-Solver a lot of 
variables (20 more or less) have been created (logically). This is the 
question: is it possible that these variables don't appear after the 
programn ends or stops? would be a solution to create a lib?

Any ideas?

Thx.

0
Marky
2/20/2005 11:22:08 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

5 Replies
758 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

"Marky" <cedecatalogueitor@ya.com> wrote in message 
news:421872E0.5050508@ya.com...
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have written a small program witch solves a few equations with the 
> multiple equation solver. The code is below:
>
> <<
> { 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'}
> 'EQ' STO MINIT MSOLVR
@ add here a list of the "unnessessary" variables:
{ X A Chip name } PURGE
>>
You could also look for CleanSolver at www.hpcalc.org
[VPN] - a middle poster (compromise?)
>
> Program works really fine but when I exit from the ME-Solver a lot of 
> variables (20 more or less) have been created (logically). This is the 
> question: is it possible that these variables don't appear after the 
> programn ends or stops? would be a solution to create a lib?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx.
> 


0
VPN
2/20/2005 1:38:49 PM
>>{ 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'}
>>'EQ' STO MINIT MSOLVR
> 
> @ add here a list of the "unnessessary" variables:
> { X A Chip name } PURGE

Thanks for your answer. Adding this line at the end of my program, 
variables are deleted but only when the program starts. Not when the 
program is stoped :-(

And one more question: is it possible to change Multiple Equation Solver 
title? I have been reading my user's guide and I think I must use MIMT 
but i don't understand its sintaxys. I'm trying to do something like that:

4:
3:
2: "My title"
1: {Var1 var2 Var3}

After that I press EQ LIB --> MES --> MINT key but HP throws me that 
error: "Bad argument value".

Best regards,
    Marky


0
Marky
2/21/2005 8:54:02 AM
"Marky" <cedecatalogueitor@ya.com> wrote in message 
news:4219A1AA.7040900@ya.com...
>>>{ 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'}
>>>'EQ' STO MINIT MSOLVR
>>
 @ add here a list of the "unnessessary" variables:
HALT @ will this help
{ X A Chip name } PURGE
>
> Thanks for your answer. Adding this line at the end of my program, 
> variables are deleted but only when the program starts. Not when the 
> program is stoped :-(

How about adding HALT
at the end you press CONT (above [ON] key )

> And one more question: is it possible to change Multiple Equation Solver 
> title? I have been reading my user's guide and I think I must use MIMT but 
> i don't understand its sintaxys. I'm trying to do something like that:

1) You must have the 'EQ' ready and MINIT @ INITialize
    executed once. This creates Mpar
2) then you do the below (as you have done).
    Note! Each variable HAS to be there, but "" blank label is ok
3) the command is MITM

>
> 4:
> 3:
> 2: "My title"
> 1: {Var1 var2 Var3}
>
> After that I press EQ LIB --> MES --> MINT key but HP throws me that 
> error: "Bad argument value".

The easy way to enter variables is to run once MSOLVR
then open a list { } and press each variable on the menu
using NXT to get the next six menu labels
Note: You may have a custom order of the variables
[VPN] 


0
VPN
2/21/2005 10:25:51 AM
"VPN" <DROP_vpn@THIS.dlc.fi> wrote in message 
news:MDiSd.1712$4P5.1439@reader1.news.jippii.net...
X
> The easy way to enter variables is to run once MSOLVR
> then open a list { } and press each variable on the menu
> using NXT to get the next six menu labels
> Note: You may have a custom order of the variables

This remained me that you could have a separate program
that contains this list and PURGE
just EDIT the list to have  <<  and  PURGE >>
OR
start a new program and use [HIST] to |ECHO|
the list from the stack to your program
OR
use BEGIN move to end of list END COPY
then you can PASTE the list anywhere needed
OR
....
[VPN] 


0
VPN
2/21/2005 10:28:59 AM
VPN wrote:

>  @ add here a list of the "unnessessary" variables:
> HALT @ will this help
> { X A Chip name } PURGE

Thank you very much!!!! Now my program works really fine. Code is below:

<<
{ 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'}
'EQ' STO MINIT
"My title" {Var1 Var 2.... Var20} MITM MSOLVR
HALT {Var1 Var2 .... Var20} PURGE
 >>

 >1) You must have the 'EQ' ready and MINIT @ INITialize
 >    executed once. This creates Mpar
 >2) then you do the below (as you have done).
 >    Note! Each variable HAS to be there, but "" blank label is ok
 >3) the command is MITM

The problem that I had was that i was calling MITM but i didn't add all 
variables of my equations to my list.

Thanks again!!! ;-)

0
Marky
2/21/2005 10:53:50 AM
Reply: