Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom

49G+

I am creating a PICT to view in my program.  One of the things I am
doing it placing labels on the drawing.  I use a short line of code
below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing:

{ # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR

I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda
thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is
two pixels up from the bottom.

Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not
possible on the 49G+.

0
eric911 (13)
8/29/2005 3:43:13 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

>I am creating a PICT to view in my program.  One of the things I am
>doing it placing labels on the drawing.  I use a short line of code
>below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing:
>
>{ # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR
>
>I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda
>thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is
>two pixels up from the bottom.

#49h plus one is #4Ah :-)

If you use {#40h #4Bh}, the label will appear on the very bottom.

Bob

0
BobLogan
9/1/2005 3:48:33 AM
Thank you, that worked beautifully.

0
aplnub
9/2/2005 1:50:27 AM
> Thank you, that worked beautifully.

Hello aplnub,

In general (if you're experiencing troubles using hexadecimal) you can use
other numeric system (decimal, octal, etc...) by switching your calculator
to apropriate mode with DEC,HEX,OCT...
if you switch to decimal (DEC) your coordinates may look like:

{# 64d # 80d } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR

even without switching the mode you can enter a "binary number" in any
numeric system by adding apropriate letter:
#64d <- you will enter 64 decimal
#321o <- will enter an octal number 321
however it will be automatically "converted" actualy only displayed in the
mode depending on your calculator's settings.

hope this helps you even further,
manjo

0
manjo
9/2/2005 8:33:30 AM
>> Thank you, that worked beautifully.

>Hello aplnub,

>In general (if you're experiencing troubles using hexadecimal) you can
use
>other numeric system (decimal, octal, etc...) by switching your
calculator
>to apropriate mode with DEC,HEX,OCT...
>if you switch to decimal (DEC) your coordinates may look like:
>
>{# 64d # 80d } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR

I agree -- my calc is usually in DEC mode to make working with GROBs and
PICT easier.

>even without switching the mode you can enter a "binary number" in any
>numeric system by adding apropriate letter:
>#64d <- you will enter 64 decimal
>#321o <- will enter an octal number 321
>however it will be automatically "converted" actualy only displayed in
the
>mode depending on your calculator's settings.

And, if you don't type a base letter, the current base will be used. For
example, if you're in DEC mode and you type {#64 #80}, it will be turned
into {#64d #80d} when you press Enter.

0
BobLogan
9/2/2005 2:36:08 PM
Thanks, I was acutally entering them in in # Xd format but my calc kept
swapping them up.  I changed it to DEC and now it jives with my 48GX.
I forgot I could set the mode since I never use that stuff.  I almost
never found it.  :-)

I am working to come up with a PPAR that places the text at the bottom
of the screen based on Coordinates instead of pixel to make my program
compatible with the 48G and 49G.  The smaller screens are killing me
and creating errors when I reference a pixel that doesn't exist.

0
aplnub