Plotting on HP 50G

Hello all !

I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
without deleting atoher functions and keeping it

stored within EQ ?

For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }

In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
the EQ var.

Can you help me ?

0
mustapha
3/24/2011 3:18:16 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9753 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

5 Replies
778 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

On Mar 24, 3:18=A0am, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi,

Enter all three equations in "Y=3D"

In the PLOT SETUP window ("2D/3D"), make sure the EQ: shows { Y(1(X)
Y2(X) Y3(X) } and put a check by  "_Simult", to plot the equations
simultaneously.

Regards
B
0
Bart
3/24/2011 9:26:49 AM
On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi!, mustapha:

Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=3D) key
Press ADD and write three times ...
Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)
Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)
Y3(X)=3DX^2
Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
{ (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).

Best Regards.
MACH.
0
MACH
3/24/2011 11:14:18 AM
On 24/03/2011 12:14, MACH wrote:
> On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha<mstph.dao...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello all !
>>
>> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
>> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>>
>> stored within EQ ?
>>
>> For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>>
>> In the "Y=', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
>> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x�'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
>> the EQ var.
>>
>> Can you help me ?
>
> Hi!, mustapha:
>
> Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=) key
> Press ADD and write three times ...
> Y1(X)=SIN(X)
> Y2(X)=COS(X)
> Y3(X)=X^2
> Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
> { (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
> Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).
>
> Best Regards.
> MACH.

By the way with geohp (only for 49g+/50) you can draw
this three functions... Scrolling, zoom-in, zoom-out, are
(almost ) in real time. You can also choose between 16 gray level
for each curve. My program is buggy but it works.

> http://briancontanguy.free.fr/hp/

It is also on hpcalc
http:/


0
ISO
3/24/2011 11:53:42 AM
On 3/23/2011 10:18 PM, mustapha wrote:

> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting another function, and keeping it stored within EQ ?
>=20
> For example, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>=20
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)'
> from the EQ var.

You have heard how to plot all functions simultaneously,
although that was not what you asked.

To plot one function at a time,
through the "Y=3D" form (Left-Shift-Hold + "A"),
in which the form shows all functions currently in 'EQ'
simply ADD new functions and DELete old functions before each plot,
leaving just one function at a time to be plotted via ERASE and DRAW

ADDed functions will each be stored in separate variables,
and can later be selected again via CHOOSe
to be included in the 'EQ' list.

The result of adding the three functions you mentioned,
one at a time, via the form, while also deleting previously
added functions from 'EQ' is like doing this via commands:

'Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)' DEFINE 'Y1(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)' DEFINE 'Y2(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y3(X)=3D SQ(X)' DEFINE 'Y3(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE

[r->] [OFF]

0
John
3/25/2011 11:11:52 PM
Does anyone know how to graph the 3D image that is on the HP50g quick start guide? It looks like cos(y) + sin (x)

0
bits4bots
4/2/2015 5:00:16 AM
Reply: