Plotting on HP 50G

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello all !

I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
without deleting atoher functions and keeping it

stored within EQ ?

For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }

In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
the EQ var.

Can you help me ?

0
Reply mustapha 3/24/2011 3:18:16 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Mar 24, 3:18=A0am, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi,

Enter all three equations in "Y=3D"

In the PLOT SETUP window ("2D/3D"), make sure the EQ: shows { Y(1(X)
Y2(X) Y3(X) } and put a check by  "_Simult", to plot the equations
simultaneously.

Regards
Reply Bart 3/24/2011 9:26:49 AM

On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi!, mustapha:

Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=3D) key
Press ADD and write three times ...
Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)
Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)
Y3(X)=3DX^2
Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
{ (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).

Best Regards.
MACH.
0
Reply MACH 3/24/2011 11:14:18 AM

On 24/03/2011 12:14, MACH wrote:
> On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha<mstph.dao...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello all !
>>
>> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
>> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>>
>> stored within EQ ?
>>
>> For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>>
>> In the "Y=', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
>> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x�'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
>> the EQ var.
>>
>> Can you help me ?
>
> Hi!, mustapha:
>
> Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=) key
> Press ADD and write three times ...
> Y1(X)=SIN(X)
> Y2(X)=COS(X)
> Y3(X)=X^2
> Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
> { (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
> Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).
>
> Best Regards.
> MACH.

By the way with geohp (only for 49g+/50) you can draw
this three functions... Scrolling, zoom-in, zoom-out, are
(almost ) in real time. You can also choose between 16 gray level
for each curve. My program is buggy but it works.

> http://briancontanguy.free.fr/hp/

It is also on hpcalc
http:/

0
Reply ISO 3/24/2011 11:53:42 AM

On 3/23/2011 10:18 PM, mustapha wrote:

> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting another function, and keeping it stored within EQ ?
>=20
> For example, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>=20
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)'
> from the EQ var.

You have heard how to plot all functions simultaneously,
although that was not what you asked.

To plot one function at a time,
through the "Y=3D" form (Left-Shift-Hold + "A"),
in which the form shows all functions currently in 'EQ'
simply ADD new functions and DELete old functions before each plot,
leaving just one function at a time to be plotted via ERASE and DRAW

ADDed functions will each be stored in separate variables,
and can later be selected again via CHOOSe
to be included in the 'EQ' list.

The result of adding the three functions you mentioned,
one at a time, via the form, while also deleting previously
added functions from 'EQ' is like doing this via commands:

'Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)' DEFINE 'Y1(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)' DEFINE 'Y2(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y3(X)=3D SQ(X)' DEFINE 'Y3(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE

[r->] [OFF]

0
Reply John 3/25/2011 11:11:52 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9665 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HP 50g
Is there a way to make the plot keys in the 50g not require that the white shift key be held down while pressing them in RPN mode? This seems like an irksome little misfeature that someone might have corrected using the gcc port for this machine. In article <78f53d80-a88e-4205-b23c-7c117a21c4ff@g31g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, wscholine <wscholine@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to make the plot keys in the 50g not require that the > white shift key be held down while pressing them in RPN mode? This > seems like an irksome little misfeature that someone might have >...

HP 50g available from HP site
Just found it... $150. http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=product_detail&product_code=F2229AA%23ABA&aoid=32861&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN Hope that will help, Herve ...

emulator hp 50g on hp slate7 tablet
I'm using a calculator HP-50g from year 2007. the programs are written in = USER-RPL. because of the bad conditions of the calculator i bought a HP tab= let slate 7 and on it installed emulator and ROM relise 2,15 from the websi= te Hpcalc.org. i transferred my programs form calculator to PC with program= connectivity kit in binary. than i transferred them with micro SD on the t= ablet and sinhronized them. i want to know how to transferr them back to ca= lculator all together at once. for the comand (save level1). thx geoboy ...

How do I differentiate two matricies with HP 50G or HP 49G?
Hello, i have a question to a matrix operation with the HP 50G and/or HP 49G. How do I differentiate two matricies? I don=B4t mean "matrix minus matrix"! Example: [[1,2,3,4][5,6,7,8][1,2,3,4][5,6,7,8]]->a delta(a) =3D [[4,4,4,4][-4,-4,-4,-4][4,4,4,4]] Is there a possibility? With the TI-89 that is possible! Jim wrote: > i have a question to a matrix operation with the HP 50G and/or HP 49G. > How do I differentiate two matricies? I don´t mean "matrix minus > matrix"! I assume you mean: [[Row2-Row1][Row3-Row2][Row4-Row3]] > [[1,2,3,4][5,6,7,8][...

HP-48 GX / HP 50G IR communication?
Hi, I have a 48GX lying around here to which I want to transfer some files. Unfortunately, I can't get my Linux desktop (openSUSE 10.1) to communicate to the calc, neither with hptalx nor with ckermit, and my laptop (which still has Windows on it) doesn't have a serial interface. So I thought that maybe I could transfer the files from my 50G using the IR interface but they don't seem to be able to talk to each other; I tried both the Kermit and Xmodem protocols. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get this to work? TIA, Albert -- Dr. Albert Gr"af Dept. of Music-...

Is there a FAQ on differences between hp-48sx and hp-50g (or 49...)?
Just wondering if, in all these years, anyone has written up a small FAQ on "hp50g for hp48sx users"? Thanks, David "David Combs" <dkcombs@panix.com> a �crit dans le message de news: kap30s$m73$1@panix3.panix.com... > Just wondering if, in all these years, anyone has > written up a small FAQ on "hp50g for hp48sx users"? > > Thanks, > > David > > > Bonjour, I don't think so; http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/archv014.cgi?read=63842 and sorry for the link, https://www.google.ca/searc...

hp 50g
I need to find an alternative user manual for the hp 50g. I have difficulty finding examples that help me with the various operations. "jww" <jwwelsh2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1f602ab3-9cde-417c-992c-6846c3c3ac8c@p20g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I need to find an alternative user manual for the hp 50g. I have > difficulty finding examples that help me with the various operations. There aren't all that many options if you're looking for something comprehensive. Here's one offering, though: http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Users-Guide-48g-Calcu...

HP 50G+
So almost all people that possessed a HP 48 now have a HP 49. I'm curious when HP comes with the HP 50. Aagje I am too.... especially if they don't learn from their oversights on the 49. -- Frank Bachman (Grumpy Aero Guy) "Aagje" <heelergverweg@ergensopdemaan.invalid> wrote in message news:bt6jem$k9i$2@inews.gazeta.pl... > So almost all people that possessed a HP 48 now have a HP 49. > I'm curious when HP comes with the HP 50. > > Aagje > Kraut <fbachman@somewhere.com> wrote: > I am too.... especially if they don't learn from the...

Hp 50g ------> Hp 48G IRDA file transfer
Hi there !!! i recently purchased a HP 48g to run programs not ported to the Hp 50g on it. The calculator came in a box without connectivity cables which wasn't the case with the Hp 50g. I would like to transfer programs from the Hp 50g to 48G using IRDA. Is this possible ? Ive been programming in User rpl as well as sys rpl for a year now and one thing that i always keep in mind is with a Hp; anything is possible. Currently porting Assassins creed brotherhood to the 50g ;) ... Thank you !!! Ibrahim ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Functional Comparison between HP Prime, HP-50g and TI NSpire CX CAS.
I am a HP Calculator fan/user from way back. Well not all the way, but I ha= ve used the 32s, 42s (great calc) and still use the 48sx. I also have a TI-= 89 I got for free from TI when I was teaching math. I go back and forth bet= ween the two, liking some features of both. I have been disappointed in rec= ent years with HP calculators lack of innovation and how the just stood by = and let TI completely dominate the education market.=20 I have been thinking about getting the 50g for some time, but when my High = School aged son needed a calculator, I got him the latest TI NSpire CX, m...

Re: HP 4145 Graphics Plot.vi from the instrument library, gives an error when run on HP 4145A!
Hello all, &nbsp; In my search for a way to&nbsp;get data from&nbsp;my HP4145A with CVI, I came across this thread.&nbsp; I have an Agilent USB-GPIB converter that I use all the time but&nbsp;I use the VISA layer instead of GPIB calls so all the platforms I install programs on work.&nbsp; I did not have success with the commands in the manual and this setup (USB-GPIB and laptop) and so reverted to my desktop and brute force GPIB commands.&nbsp; In both cases, I was able to get the instrument to do things but could get no data back.&nbsp; I finally used the HP414...

Re: HP 4145 Graphics Plot.vi from the instrument library, gives an error when run on HP 4145A! #2
Hi, I am having a similar problem as described in this discussion.&nbsp; Has anyone had any luck getting any data back from the HP4145a?&nbsp; Sending works fine, I can easily control the device, however, whenever I try to send a "DO 'XX'" command, I get the above mentioned errors.&nbsp; In the 4145a documentation, there is an example, figure 3-42 on page (3-105) which reads a status byte and waits unitil bit 0 of that byte is 1.&nbsp; This indicates that the data is ready, at which point it sends the "DO 'XX'" command.&nbsp; However, a G...

Re: HP 4145 Graphics Plot.vi from the instrument library, gives an error when run on HP 4145A! #3
Hello everyone I have been experiencing the same problem as others on this thread. I can send commands to my 4145B but I cannot read data from it (I keep getting the receive message error). I am using the LabVIEW 7 VI set downloaded from the NI website here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E948F659CE034080020E74861 I have tried adding in delays in the send message.vi and receive message.vi files but I keep getting errors. I am inexperienced with LabVIEW so I am probably doing something wrong. Could someone please post step-by-step dir...

LSQ on HP 50g
Hello, I have been experiencing some strange behavior with the 50g's LSQ command. consider the system of equations [[2 1] [ 3 [1 1] *x = 1 [0.5 1]] 1] in order to fit a function to some data points. Employing normal equations (i.e. solving A^T A x = A^T b) to find the least squares solution for x yields [1.429 0]. LSQ however returns [1.429 1.347]. Plotting the resulting functions clearly shows that the normal equations solution "fits" a lot better to the data points (additionaly, LSQ's |Ax-b|=2.39, normal equations: |Ax-b|=0.53). So either there i...

hp 50g rom
Hello, can any one post another location where the 2.09 rom can be downloaded, i`m having problems with the HP site. Thanks Paul On 11 Aug 2006 09:19:54 -0700, PEstepan@hotmail.com wrote: >Hello, can any one post another location where the 2.09 rom can be >downloaded, i`m having problems with the HP site. Thanks > > > > > >Paul Check your mail. Damir Thank you Damir Paul Damir wrote: > On 11 Aug 2006 09:19:54 -0700, PEstepan@hotmail.com wrote: > > >Hello, can any one post another location where the 2.09 rom can be > >downloaded, i`m having...

HP 50g and Linux
Hi I recently got a HP 50g calculator, and since I've used Linux for almost 2 years now, I'd like my computer and my calculator to get along. Reading the articles in the group I see that people are able to do it, either with CKermit or HPTalx. My problem at the moment is that when I plug the calculator in, my computer detects it, but doesn't create the ttyUSB node needed for connection. Can anyone help me with this? - Rene Well, after some trial-and-error, my HP50g is working nicely with my Linux laptop. Here's how I did it, for anyone who might need it. Add the following l...

Question about HP 50g
I purchased a HP 50G calculator. Will programs written with the 'HP 49' platform work on the 50 G ?? Any damage in downloading a program to my 50 G ? I suspect the programs using the 48 platform will not transfer to the 50 G, but I simply do not know. There are a lot of useful programs on this web site and thanks to the programmers for writing them. Thanks for taking the tme answering my question. any 49g+ programs works just the same any old 49G shhould work or not the new model is much faster, sometimes too much The 50G is essiantially softwarewise the 49g+ UserRPL works even ...

HP 50g SOLVEVX
I came across this recently (in C~) 'X^2 + X + 1' SOLVEVX returns {'X=(-.5, -.866...)' 'X=(0.,1.732...)-1)/ 2.' } Why this odd (not completely evaluated) representation for the second root? EVAL EVAL takes care of it, of course, and also 'X^2 + 1.*X +1' returns both fully evaluated roots. Any ideas? On Sep 7, 3:49 pm, "hgab...@xmission.com" <hgab...@xmission.com> wrote: > I came across this recently (in C~) > > 'X^2 + X + 1' SOLVEVX returns {'X=(-.5, -.866...)' 'X=(0.,1.732...)-1)/ > 2.' } > > Why t...

WDAY on HP 50g
I got this program (WDAY) from hpcalc.org Link: http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=WDAY Moved it to Port 2, can't make it work. Moved it to Port 0, can't make it work either. I have an HP 50g (CNA 72500XXX) with ROM 2.09. When I select an option on the main menu and press F6 (OK), the menu refreshes and nothing happens. >From the author: "WDAY is a time/calendar program for the HP49/49G+ It was originally written for the PC under MS-DOS, but I have now ported it to the HP49 series of calculators". "...Simply transfer the binary file WDAY.HP to the calculato...

HP 50g INFORM
Dear all, I have a problem with INFORM command on HP50g. I would have an entry data mask with 7 lines using this command but it seems that it's possible to have only 4 lines; I don't find info on this in AUG (or I'm not able...). Someone can explain me how to use all the screen as mask for data entry in a program? Thank you. gMariani Hello, > possible to have only 4 lines The USER-RPL command INFORM has not been adapted completly to the larger screen of the 49G+/50g. Currently you can not use this area in USER-RPL so there are only two choices left: 1. Wait for a later ROM w...

Selling HP 50g
Hi, I have a HP 50g that I've only used for a short period of time. I am selling this because I was disappointed by its CAS and want a TI-89 instead. So, if you would like one, it's up on ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170193026636&Category=50577&_trksid=p3907.m29 Good luck! On Feb 11, 9:24 pm, Graywolf <mayur.chaudh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a HP 50g that I've only used for a short period of time. I am > selling this because I was disappointed by its CAS and want a TI-89 > instead. So, if you would like one...

most recent hp 50g
Hi, can someone help me to decipher the hp 50g manufacturer part number like Mft. Part #: 50G#ABA and MfgPartNo:50GC#ABC The 50GC#ABC must be the most recent calc. Thanks Denis On 17 d=E9c, 21:30, denisd2...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > can someone help me to decipher the hp 50g manufacturer part > number like Mft. Part #: 50G#ABA and MfgPartNo:50GC#ABC > The 50GC#ABC must be the most recent calc. > Thanks > Denis thanks for yours many answer Probably better to bought a Texas Instrument product thanks again On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:37:34 -0800 (PST), denisd2705@gmail.com wrote: ...

Series on HP 50g
Hi, I'd like to know if there's any way to plot series (eg: u[n+1] = (-1/2) * u[n] + 6) and to convert them from a recursive to general definition (make them into a function). Thanks for your help. On Dec 11, 3:49 pm, geeker...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to know if there's any way to plot series (eg: u[n+1] = > (-1/2) * u[n] + 6) and to convert them from a recursive to general > definition (make them into a function). > Thanks for your help. I don't quite know what you mean by "plot series". If you mean to plot u(n) with the definition give...

A Game for Hp 50g
Hi, i'm developing a small game to be played on the hp 50g, so if you like games please test it and give me your suggestions. You can download a prealfa version from: http://mnavarro.fortunecity.es/BMprealfaen.htm ...