Plotting on HP 50G

Hello all !

I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
without deleting atoher functions and keeping it

stored within EQ ?

For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }

In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
the EQ var.

Can you help me ?

0
mustapha
3/24/2011 3:18:16 AM
comp.sys.hp48 9725 articles. 0 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On Mar 24, 3:18=A0am, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi,

Enter all three equations in "Y=3D"

In the PLOT SETUP window ("2D/3D"), make sure the EQ: shows { Y(1(X)
Y2(X) Y3(X) } and put a check by  "_Simult", to plot the equations
simultaneously.

Regards
Bart
3/24/2011 9:26:49 AM
On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha <mstph.dao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>
> stored within EQ ?
>
> For exemple, EQ contains =A0 =A0{ 'sin(x)' =A0'cos(x)' =A0' x^2' }
>
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and =A0'x=B2' =A0without deleting 'cos(x)' f=
rom
> the EQ var.
>
> Can you help me ?

Hi!, mustapha:

Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=3D) key
Press ADD and write three times ...
Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)
Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)
Y3(X)=3DX^2
Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
{ (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).

Best Regards.
MACH.
0
MACH
3/24/2011 11:14:18 AM
On 24/03/2011 12:14, MACH wrote:
> On 24 mar, 00:18, mustapha<mstph.dao...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello all !
>>
>> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
>> without deleting atoher functions and keeping it
>>
>> stored within EQ ?
>>
>> For exemple, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>>
>> In the "Y=', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
>> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x�'  without deleting 'cos(x)' from
>> the EQ var.
>>
>> Can you help me ?
>
> Hi!, mustapha:
>
> Press white left arrow key and F1 (Y=) key
> Press ADD and write three times ...
> Y1(X)=SIN(X)
> Y2(X)=COS(X)
> Y3(X)=X^2
> Press F6, if you accept the default PPAR ...
> { (-6.5;-3.9) (6.5;4.0) X 0 (0;0) FUNCTION Y }
> Now you can see the three functions on (sine, cosine and parabola).
>
> Best Regards.
> MACH.

By the way with geohp (only for 49g+/50) you can draw
this three functions... Scrolling, zoom-in, zoom-out, are
(almost ) in real time. You can also choose between 16 gray level
for each curve. My program is buggy but it works.

> http://briancontanguy.free.fr/hp/

It is also on hpcalc
http:/

0
ISO
3/24/2011 11:53:42 AM
On 3/23/2011 10:18 PM, mustapha wrote:

> I would like to know , how can we select a function to plot from EQ
> without deleting another function, and keeping it stored within EQ ?
>=20
> For example, EQ contains    { 'sin(x)'  'cos(x)'  ' x^2' }
>=20
> In the "Y=3D', we have add, remove , clear , but not select
> I want to plot only 'sin(x)' and  'x=B2'  without deleting 'cos(x)'
> from the EQ var.

You have heard how to plot all functions simultaneously,
although that was not what you asked.

To plot one function at a time,
through the "Y=3D" form (Left-Shift-Hold + "A"),
in which the form shows all functions currently in 'EQ'
simply ADD new functions and DELete old functions before each plot,
leaving just one function at a time to be plotted via ERASE and DRAW

ADDed functions will each be stored in separate variables,
and can later be selected again via CHOOSe
to be included in the 'EQ' list.

The result of adding the three functions you mentioned,
one at a time, via the form, while also deleting previously
added functions from 'EQ' is like doing this via commands:

'Y1(X)=3DSIN(X)' DEFINE 'Y1(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y2(X)=3DCOS(X)' DEFINE 'Y2(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE
'Y3(X)=3D SQ(X)' DEFINE 'Y3(X)' STEQ ERASE DRAX DRAW PICTURE

[r->] [OFF]

0
John
3/25/2011 11:11:52 PM
Does anyone know how to graph the 3D image that is on the HP50g quick start guide? It looks like cos(y) + sin (x)

0
bits4bots

Re: bode plot program?
On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/misc/boderv8x1.zip > is working on HP 49G with ROM 2.09 > > it requires the "get it": > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/symbolic/neopv8x1.zip Installation went fine, but I have a problem. There's no picture. when I enter the data and say I want a BodePlot, when I click Draw, the grid appears but there's no function drawn, just the crosshair. help! On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:27:37 +0200, sNNooPY wrote: > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > >...

help plot log[f[t]] vs a parameter using an ODE
I've solved the following equation for y[t]. eqn = y'[t] == a (y[t]/((y[t])^2 + b )) - c y[t] + d keqn = eqn /. {a -> 10 , d -> 0.1 , c -> 1 , b -> 10 } ksol = NDSolve[{keqn, y[0] == 0}, y, {t, 0, 200}] Plot[y[t] /. ksol, {t, 0, 200}, PlotRange -> All]; Now I would like to plot the log of y[t] while varying a over a range of values ( 0-40) How will I accomplish this? It seems like I would have to solve the DE while varying a a little at a time then take the log of it? At first I thought the following will do the trick, but it didn't. I was tr...

Plotting
Hi, I am trying to plot a series of randomly generated line segments. However for some weird reason the following code is not plotting all of them. For example, if I were to set the num variable to 3, it only shows either 1 or 2 lines. If i set it to 6, it only displays 4 lines... I'm lost!! If you need more parts of my code please let me know. Thanks. for i = 1:num if (i == 1) axis([0 film_length 0 film_length]); hold all; end X{i} = originX(i,1):0.1:endX(i,1); Y{i} = slope(i,1) * X{i} + intercept(i,1); p = plot(X{i},Y{i}); if (type...

wia-hp
Hi! Where can I download wia-hp for hp 2400? I dont like TWAIN;/ regards, kamil "kamil" <kamil@geocitis.com> wrote in message news:e2tjsg$odp$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi! > > Where can I download wia-hp for hp 2400? I dont like TWAIN;/ > > regards, > kamil > I think you remove the TWAIN software. Reboot. Connect the HP scanner and see if Windows XP will then load the WIA for the scanner. If that does get you a WIA driver go into Windows Device Manager and scan for new hardware while the scanner is connected and turned on....

How to plot shaded relief image
Dear guys: How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! Dave Dave writes: > How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like > http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! 1. Download the GRIDVIEW application. 2. Download a GRID. Otherwise, you could take your topographic data and drape another dataset over the top of it as a texture map: http://www.dfanning.com/ographics_tips/imgtex.html Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coy...

Give plot in figure a position/dimension.
Hi, in an existing figure i want to plot. I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give a position for the plot. I know the Order subplot(1,1,1); subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); plot(f,MX); but it does not work :( he always takes the dimensions from 1,1,1 oder 2,1,2 or so... but not the position?? Please help me... In Advance Anis > in an existing figure i want to plot. > I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give > a position for the plot. > I know the Order > > subplot(1,1,1); > subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); > plot(f,MX); > > but i...

to get 3d plot
have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. On Mar 18, 5:16=A0am, "ramya ramya" <ramya_...@yahoo.co.in> tersely wrote: > have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. (As if I know what every acronym in the world is)...perhaps you might try scatter3() or surf(), or even better, a more complete post describing what you're trying to plot (what is the form of the data and what do you want it to look like). ...

Fw: Thank you Re: [HP3000-L] HP-3000 MPE PERL execution
Thank you Donna for the MPE/ix PERL information. I guess you have me blocked for email. Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:05 PM > Thank you for your help that was the information I was missing. > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "donna garverick" <donna_garverick@yahoo.com> > To: <HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU> > Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 4:02 PM > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] HP-3000 MPE PERL execution > > > > --- garys0210 <garys0210@comcast.net> wrote: > > > Does PERL run on a native HP-3000 MPE/ie operating sy...

Density plot from multiple plots
Hi, I use plot(x_axis, OriginalData); hold all; for trial=1:1000 f = getData(...); plot(x_acis, f); end The different f-functions are all concentrated around "OriginalData" (more or less randomly with some variance). I want to plot now the "envelope" as well as a "density" plot, i.e. where most of the instances lie. I played around with creating a matrix and manually using a counter but that does not only take hours but it's also unreliable (needs to precicly know the dimensions) and the interpolation between the points is ...

Re: [HP3000-L] Mark Hurd makes his first move after taking over HP today... #2
>> For additional information see: http://tinyurl.com/26y8g >Wirt writes: >As a matter of policy, I won't click on any "tinyurl", simply because I = don't >know what I would be getting in return. As an addendum to that remark, at least in an HTML email, the target of = a link=20 can be different than the visible text eg. =20 <A href=3D"http://www.google.com/">http://tinyurl.com/26y8g</A> This technique is often used in spam to direct the unsuspecting to = nefarious sites. Regards, Frank Gribbin Potter Anderson &...

Probability scale plot
Hi, there, Is it possible to set the y axis of plot figure to probability scale? I need to plot some grain-size data, of which the y axis (accumulated percentage) should be in probability scale and the x axis (size) should be in linear scale. Thanks in advance. I don't understand exactly what you want. The built-in axis scales in MATLAB are linear and log. There's a "normplot" function in the Statistics Toolbox that creates a plot on which the y tick marks have labels between 0 and 1 and are spaced according to the quantiles of a normal distribution. If you just w...

Bode plot from step response data
Hello all, I have step response data of my system and I want to get a bode diagram from this data. Is there any way to do this?? thanks, scorca "Scorca " <benny_scorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h6iu5i$gh2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello all, > > I have step response data of my system and I want to get a bode diagram from this data. Is there any way to do this?? > > thanks, > > scorca > I did some research and found that fft could possibly do it but I'm not sure. Anyone knows more about fft?? Use System Identification Toolbox. ...

Re: How to make large graphics object fit within a plot?
On 12/3/09 at 6:13 AM, nma@12000.org (Nasser M. Abbasi) wrote: >I am trying to add a disk at some location on top of an existing >plot. So I use Epilog to add the disk. >But it seems if the disk is larger than the plot image size, it gets >chopped off. I wanted the whole disk to show. >I tried increasing ImagePadding for the plot, and also ImageMargins, >but this did not help. >Here is what I tried >Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, AspectRatio -> Automatic, >Epilog -> {Disk[{5, 0}, 2]}] >Show[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, AspectRatio -> Automat...

comp.sys.hp.hpux FAQ #38
Archive-name: hp/hpux-faq Comp-sys-hpux-archive-name: hp/hpux-faq Version: 11.23.0408.00 Last-modified: 2004/08/02 Maintainer: Ian P. Springer URL: ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/faqs/hp/hpux-faq HTML-URL: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/hp/hpux-faq/ Revision-Frequency: monthly Posting-Frequency: every 10 days Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content. Copyright: (c)2001-2004 Ian P. Springer comp.sys.hp.hpux FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Subject: 1. INTRODUCTION Overview ======== This article contains the answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) seen in the Usenet newsgroup c...

HP Checklist for SANs
Hi, I thought we had everything covered, but we still have issues. I can't find HP's "Checklist" for Windows hosts on a SAN (for backup). Our Windows group thought they had it but noone can find it. We have a mix of 2000 and 2003. Anybody gotta link to a doc/web/pdf? Thanks, Tom <tdeboeser@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1113393859.688546.77590@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I thought we had everything covered, but we still have issues. I > can't find HP's "Checklist" for Windows hosts on a SAN (for ba...

VB program to plot to pdf
I am trying to write a program in Visual Basic that will create a pdf of all dwg files in a folder. The API call "PlotToFile" works just fine if I create a dwf file, but does not work with pdf. It creates the pdf file, but it will not open in Adobe. I have tried two different shareware pdf writer software packages, cutePDF and deskPDF, and neither one work. Is what I am doing possible or am I doing something wrong. As a side note, I can manually create the pdf files with same pdf plotter I configured with the plotter manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Line plotting blues.....!!!
Greetings, I need to drawn a line that appears in different colors(the color is indicated by a number). Can we change the color of the line at a point??? Or does that change the color of the complete line?? For this reason i have create different line objects of different colors and plot them when that respective color is given as input. But the problem is... i plot three points with line a i plot three points with line b and again if i plot line a with the last value of line b, its connecting to the last value of line a. how do i overcome this problem?? Thanks in advance... SUD Ive com...

plot with different ranges
I want a fit function to be plotted only in a special range: plot [x=0:400] 'Data.txt' using 1:2, [x=100:400] f(x) however seems not to work. Is this somehow possible ? If not, then this could mean that I would have to use another tool, simply because I can not print a fitfuntion in the whole graph because that would mean that the fit is relevant in the whole plot which is not true. (gnuplot 4.1) Matthias -- www.matthiaspospiech.de Matthias Pospiech <matthiasPUNKTpospiech@gmx.de> writes: > I want a fit function to be plotted only in a special range: ...

Re: [ace-users] regression test failure on HP-UX on Itanium
Hi Yi, Please try using ACE 5.4.2, which is available from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html and see if it solves these problems. If not, please send us patches relative to that beta release since it's more similar to what's in our CVS repo. Thanks, Doug >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> HP-UX 11i v1.6 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different >> from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> aC...

surf plot boundaries
Hello, I'm using surf() to plot a 20x20 matrix. Surf() correctly shows a 20x20 grid in the resulting plot, but the lower X and Y bounds are 0. Since matlab arrays start with element index number '1' and not '0', the lower row/column are empty in the plot. Also, the last row/column of data is lost, even if I change in axis bounds (from 0:20 to 1:21). I know I can fix this error by padding the matrix with one row and column of zeros, but I assume I'm missing something here that would make it easier. Does anyone know how to address this issue? Am I making a mistak...

Re: Selecting the right error for split-plot repeated measures
I'll pare this down to the statement: "I have tried proc mixed instead but I don't like the output it provides." Because PROC MIXED is ideal for a split plot analysis with covariates (and GLM most definitely is not, unless you make multiple runs), I wonder if maybe we couldn't generate the output you are looking for somehow. Could you say what you don't like? As far as what you have, it appears to be "correct" in the sense that the proper error terms are being used to test effects. I would expect separate p values for your dependent variables, as you have ...

HP PSC 950 under Windows Server 2003?
Hi! Has anyone got the HP-PrintCenter program to work under Win Server 2003? I don't really want to buy a new printer for my small home-network, so it would be nice if anyone knows how to get the extra functions to work. Printing is not a problem, but scannning and using the MemoryCrad slots I really need the HP PrintCenter for... olli ...

Process X values in Parametric plot
Hi all, its been a while... I am writing some ocean scripts to work out sensitivity of various specifications to design variables. What I would like to do is to process the X values so I can show them in % terms rather than the absolute value set for the design variable being changed. For example, say I am varying a width of a device, and plotting ac- gain. The normal result from the parametric simulation would be a graph of the width on the x axis against the ac-gain on the y axis. However, I want to show the % change from the mean value of the width on the x axis and the % change from the ...

Plotting #16
hallo i amworking with some plottings of heat transfer.(temperature and time).i have put break condition for temperature line at certin time limit.now i want to start from that breakpoint and want to put more data from that break point but with time increasing but temperature remain same as was at break point. can u suggest mesomething? thanks alot Adeel Adeel wrote: > hallo > i amworking with some plottings of heat transfer.(temperature and > time).i have put break condition for temperature line at certin time > limit.now i want to start from that breakpoint and want to put more ...

Has _anyone_ gotten a Beige G3 with OSX to print to an HP PhotoSmart printer?
Basic lowdown: Beige G3/233 mini-tower (Rev A) and HP Photosmart 7760 printer. Orange Micro FW+USB2 card. All devices (FW & USB) and printing work fine when booted in MacOS 9.2.1. All devices (FW & USB, USB2) work fine when booted in OSX 10.2.6 (including HP's own printer utility for checking ink level, printing test/sample pages, etc.) _except_ printing an actual job to the printer. Print Center claims it can't find any printer. Apple System Profile claims not to see any USB devices, but all USB devices mount fine and work okay (except the printer). Latest drivers dow...