transfer hp48 solver equations to hp49?

I call myself doing a search but could not find the information
required.

I wrote a lot of solver equations while in college with my hp48sx.
I saved all these files since 1993
The files were saved as text so I could read them.
I copied one of these directories with subdirectories and solver
equations to my hp49.via an SD card.
The file copied as text but I am not able to store the file as a
directory structure.
I created a directory and a solver equation in the hp49 and
transferred it to the SD card.
I viewed this with MS notepad and it appears unreadable as text.
HPHP49-X=E2=80=93*=C3=B0=7F    =03AAK=03=C2=B8*=E2=82=AC=C3=A4=02=01AH.=10 =
=E2=80=9E=C3=A4=02=01CX=E2=80=BA=E2=80=9C=E2=80=B99+1=C2=90 (not exactly th=
e same as
in file)

The hp48 structure looks like this
%%HP: T(1)A(D)F(.);
DIR
  INFLA
DIR
      EQ { 'V1=3DV*(
R1/(R1+R2))' { R1
R2 V V1 } }

Now the question:

How can I transfer the solver equations to the hp49 and have them
function like they did on the hp48?

Thanks,

David

0
gent.d.b (2)
10/5/2009 3:19:04 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:19:04 -0500, David wrote:

> I wrote a lot of solver equations while in college with my hp48sx.
> I saved all these files since 1993
> The files were saved as text so I could read them.

> I copied one of these directories with subdirectories
> to my hp49.via an SD card

In that case, you mean an HP49G+ (almost identical to HP50G),
rather than original HP49G (no SD card, serial interface in place of USB=
)

> The file copied as text but I am not able to store the file
> as a directory structure.

> The hp48 structure looks like this
> %%HP: T(1)A(D)F(.);
> DIR
>   INFLA
> DIR
>       EQ { 'V1=3DV*(
> R1/(R1+R2))' { R1
> R2 V V1 } }

> How can I transfer this to the hp49
> and have it function as on the hp48?

Either via your USB cable, using HP transfer software, or via:

"Ascii Import/Export for SD card and Emulator"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/4e7ed90b3cf11c42

> I created a directory and a solver equation in the hp49
> and transferred it to the SD card.
> I viewed this with MS notepad and it appears unreadable as text.
> HPHP49-X....

Directly storing calculator objects onto the SD card
stores the binary content of the object as found in memory
(preceded by an 8-byte "header" with HPHP49-X),
rather than the "decompiled" content as shown above.

The \->STR command "decompiles" objects from binary to text,
and the STR\-> command "compiles" UserRPL "source" text
to internal binary -- provided that everything can in fact
be represented in UserRPL.

The additional program which is referenced at the above link
also provides for translation between 8-bit (256-character)
internal text and 7-bit "ascii" text, as explained in the posting,
because 8-bit "ISO-8859" character sets are not as universal as 7-bit as=
cii.

[r->] [OFF]
0
John

Multiple Equation Solver
Hello everybody! I have written a small program witch solves a few equations with the multiple equation solver. The code is below: << { 'equation 1' 'equation 2'.... 'equation 10'} 'EQ' STO MINIT MSOLVR >> Program works really fine but when I exit from the ME-Solver a lot of variables (20 more or less) have been created (logically). This is the question: is it possible that these variables don't appear after the programn ends or stops? would be a solution to create a lib? Any ideas? Thx. "Marky" <cedecatalogueitor@ya.com...

Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50
In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48, one thing that i remeber is that i could see the equations on the top line, also remember srcrolling to the next eq. with th nxt button. Well the reason of why i post to this group is to ask out to anybody is it possible to do this in the new hp50, becuse i can't figure out how to do it. thank you all On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:02:37 -0500: > In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48. > one thing that i remember is that i could see the equations on the top= > line, also remember scrolling to the ...

SUDOKU solver for HP48
Hello, is there anyone who has writen a SUDOKU solver for the HP48? More info on SUDOKU and algorithm: http://www.eddaardvark.co.uk/sudokusolver.html thx. I dont find anything. Sodoku becomes popular in this year, maybe is too soon. :D But with a few knows about userRpl is very easy do a solver :) "Avatar_e" <erwinried@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121885597.320150.93030@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I dont find anything. Sodoku becomes popular in this year, maybe is too > soon. :D > > But with a few knows about userRpl is very easy do a solver :) >...

IMPLODE. HP48 -> HP49
Hi... Please, help me, which is the equivalence of the command IMPLODE of the HP48 for the HP49? ******************************************************************* IMPLODE ------------------------------------------------------------------- HP48 5F2EE (IMPLODE) ( meta -> ob ) HP49 ?? ?? Builds symbolic obeying VUNS properties (UNSYM element), checking fcnapply, etc. Does not build symbolic if result is a single object valid in symbolics. ******************************************************************* ...

Compiling programs for Hp48 on Hp49
Hi, is there a way to compile SystemRPL programs on the HP49 to run them on the Hp48? Basically, is there something like an extable with HP48 entries? Thanks - Carsten why do you want to compile HP-48 programs on an HP-49? You may use HP tools on PC for doing that (RPLCOMP, SASM, MAKEROM, SLOAD) with adequat entry point list. Most poeple own a PC today. Fred. Hi Carsten, a while ago, I answered a similar question, for the opposite direction here in c.s.hp48 . Maybe there exists s.t. like extable for the HP-48, but on the HP-48 the file RPL.TAB, either from JAZZ or RPL48, seems to be more common. However, as Fred indicated, I'd use a PC for cross-compiling The main thing is to include the suitable header files, and use the conditional assembly features of SASM;-) Regards Raymond "Carsten Dominik" <dominik@_DROP_THIS_science.uva.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:qzupsv5ru1q.fsf@sam.science.uva.nl... > > Hi, > > is there a way to compile SystemRPL programs on the HP49 to run them > on the Hp48? Basically, is there something like an extable with HP48 > entries? > > Thanks > > - Carsten > > Carsten Dominik a �crit : > is there a way to compile SystemRPL programs on the HP49 to run them > on the Hp48? Basically, is there something like an extable with HP48 > entries? Yes, you can. I do so in my program HPlanetarium. You just have to download the right extable on your HP49 (the one with the...

Re: SUDOKU solver for HP48
Hi, now it's time to compare again;-) My current version of SDK48 has been sped up dramatically. Timings for test cases on a normal HP-48G: 01: 0.78 seconds 09: 4.89 seconds 13: 3.41 seconds 14: 9.98 seconds I must admit I didn't think to get SDK48 *that* fast, however there's still the one or other second to save. I plan to implement another small optimization, and after that will be finished, put SDK48 to hpcalc. Regards Raymond "Raymond Del Tondo" <RDelT@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > Hi, > > another small update: > > My current...

Speed of HP49 compare to the HP48
When I execute a programm on the two calculators at the same time, the hp49 is slower than the hp48. Is it normal "Michael" <michaelkreber@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1138910037.188826.64200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > When I execute a programm on the two calculators at the same time, the > hp49 is slower than the hp48. Is it normal Yes, if you use the new features in Approx mode eg. [MODE] check V_Approx and press [ENTER] or | OK | Now your calc is in the "48" mode Using Integers will make the 49g slower than the 48 Sometimes CAS operations t...

SUDOKU solver for HP48 #2
Hello, is there anyone who has writen a SUDOKU solver for the HP48? More info on SUDOKU and algorithm: http://www.eddaardvark.co.uk/sudokusolver.html thx. "stefanmo_hp48" <stefanmo@jetair.be> writes: > Hello, is there anyone who has writen a SUDOKU solver for the HP48? > More info on SUDOKU and algorithm: > http://www.eddaardvark.co.uk/sudokusolver.html I've got one, but I'm trying to improve its performance. It takes about ten minutes on my HP48GX. Scott -- Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu "This isn't flying. This is falling, with s...

Challenge HP48 Sudoku Solver
This is the RPL prototype version of the SUDOKU Solver, written by Scott Hemphill. To use it for complex puzzles it needs to be faster, much faster. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please feel free to join in.... -------------------- =/ stands for notequal -------------------- SORTGROUPS: << 1 81 FOR i OTHERS i GET SORT @ {2,2,3,3,...} {} 0 {} 0 WHILE ROT DUP SIZE @ {} 0 {2,2,3,3,...} REPEAT DUP TAIL 4 ROLLD HEAD @ {2,3,3,...} {} 0 2 IF DUP2 == THEN DROP ELSE ROT OVER + ROT DROP SWAP END END DROP2 NEXT 81 ->LIST 'OTHERS' STO ADDGROUP: << -> g << OTHERS {{..} {..} .. {..}} 1 9 FOR i g i GET DUP2 GET {{..} {..} .. {..}} 73 {..} 1 9 FOR j IF i j =/ THEN g j GET + END NEXT PUT NEXT 'OTHERS' STO >> INIT: << #0 WHILE DUP #512d < REPEAT 0 IF OVER #1d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #2d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #4d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #8d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #16d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #32d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #64d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #128d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END IF OVER #256d AND #0 == THEN 1 + END SWAP #1 + END DROP 512 ->LIST 'COUNT' STO 1 81 START {} NEXT 81 ->LIST 'OTHERS'...

IrDA, SIL and HP48, HP49 ...
Ok, can anyone tell me, what's all about that. I've a little system, which can send data via IR port and 9600 baud to a printer. I assume, that the system uses SIL to transmit the data. I think it uses a IR220LN from ACTiSys. If I put the HP48GX near to the IR port of the system, the HP48GX thinks, that it receives characters, but of course it gets garbage ("�"). The systems are less that 1 inch apart from each other. If I put the HP49+ near to the IR port, nothing happens at all. Is it possible to get the data send from the system either via HP48Gx or HP49G+ ????????? ...

HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48
Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-) The non-CAS list of 49/50 commands not in the 48: { ANS COLLECT DBUG DEF DISPXY DRAW3DMATRIX e EQW EXITED EXPAND FAST3D FILER FLASHEVAL FONT\-> \->FONT FONT6 FONT7 FONT8 GROBADD HEADER\-> \- >HEADER i \oo INT I\->R KEYTIME LANGUAGE LNP LOCAL MENUXY MINIFONT \- >NDISP PLOT REF RENAME R\->I ROMUPLOAD SCALEH SCALEW SCROLL \GSX2 \GSY2 SREPL STARTED STARTEQW STARTERR STARTOFF START...

HP48 & HP49 programming...
Looks like the "golden" era of HP48 / HP49 programming is over... since most of the HP49 Jazz messages are from 1999 / 2000, and the HP49G rom hasn't been updated in ages. Ironically, I'm finally getting into hobby game dev on my HP49, a few years after I picked one up ;-) Is anyone still doing HP48 / 49 programming these days? Or has the group moved onto HP50G ? What are the main differences from the 49 ? Cheers Hi, I can't speak for other people, but I'm still developing software for the real HP-48. Currently a new version of SpeedUI is in the works, which s...

NiMH batteries in HP48 and HP49 ?
Have any of you tried rechargeable batteries in your HP's ?? The HP49G manual states "Rechargeable batteries are not recommended because of their lower capacity and short low-battery warning time" I put 800 mAh NiMH in my old HP48SX and everything seems fine.... so I was planning to use them in all my HP calcs I know that writing to Flash memory needs more power.... but am I right in saying that HP48's do NOT use flash memory ???? What about HP49's ?..... has anybody tried downloading apps into flash from the PC when powered with rechargeables ?? Hello Stephen Yo...

transferring HP48 program cards to HP50G
I have several of the "Pocket Professional" cards for HP48.... from da Vinci Technologies Group Inc. & Sparcom Corp. Spice 48 Math Pro EE Pro How can I get these programs on HP50G..... is it possible ? I would particularly like to use the Spice 48..... or perhaps there is an even better version of Spice for HP50G ????????? Anybody know ? On Sep 16, 7:35=A0pm, STEPHEN MENDES <smen...@smendes.com> wrote: > I have several of the "Pocket Professional" cards for HP48.... from da > Vinci Technologies Group Inc. & Sparcom Corp. > > Spice 48 > Math...

HP48 <-> HP49 Infrared compatibility
Can anyone tell me if the HP49+'s infrared is downward compatible with the 48GX? i.e. can we transfer data between a 49+ and a 48GX via infrared? Thanks! Morgan No it is not. John "Morgan Strickland" <morgan@opinionmeter.com> wrote in message news:fd24bb56.0311031517.5bf7f703@posting.google.com... > Can anyone tell me if the HP49+'s infrared is downward compatible with > the 48GX? i.e. can we transfer data between a 49+ and a 48GX via > infrared? > > Thanks! > Morgan morgan@opinionmeter.com (Morgan Strickland) wrote in message news:<fd24bb56....

IrDA HP48 SX vs. HP49 G+
Hi there. I've just bought a HP49 G+ and I've got my good old HP48 SX. Is it possible to transfer objects from the HP48 SX to the HP49 G+ via IrDA? I haven't managed to establish a connection, yet. Am I doing someting wrong or is it not possible? Thanks for your help in advance. Peter. > I've just bought a HP49 G+ and I've got my good old HP48 SX. > Is it possible to transfer objects from the HP48 SX to the HP49 G+ via IrDA? > I haven't managed to establish a connection, yet. > Am I doing someting wrong or is it not possible? > Thanks for your help i...

USB to serial cable and serial to HP48 or HP49 cables
Hello HP gurus, I have inherited of an old IBM NetVista PC, and I run both Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP on it. A great machine ! Unfortunately, the machine has no serial port, instead it has a lot of USB ports - I presume USB 1.1. I am considering to acquire an USB to serial port to connect my fafourite HP 48and HP49 calcs. The money is not the issue, the thing is cheap. I just wonder if anyone has any experience with those adaptors, either for HP48, or HP49, under W2K or XP... Any feedback will be welcome. Best regards and many thank's to all supporters on this NG, Herve ...

Methodology for converting HP48 software towards HP49/50
Thanks very much to all contributors that have helped me out on Debug4x. I'm currently using this development tool to make an old software, initially written in 1993 for HP48SX, accessible to newest HP49/50 platforms. This post is about SysRPL code. I will keep ASM questions for a separate one. So far so good, i've been quite impressed at the ease of conversion for SysRPL code with Debug4x, which just involve recompiling the same source code with a different target. For information, i've been using Carsten's HP Entry list instead of the default one. You can find it here : htt...

CORRECTION : USB to serial ADAPTOR and serial to HP48 or HP49 cables
Hello HP gurus, I have inherited of an old IBM NetVista PC, and I run both Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP on it. A great machine ! Unfortunately, the machine has no serial port, instead it has a lot of USB ports - I presume USB 1.1. I am considering to acquire an USB to serial ADAPTOR to connect my fafourite HP 48and HP49 calcs. The money is not the issue, the thing is cheap. I just wonder if anyone has any experience with those adaptors, either for HP48, or HP49, under W2K or XP... Any feedback will be welcome. Best regards and many thank's to all supporters on this NG, Herve I don't know if it will help but I've used them on a number of computers using a 39G. This suffers the same problem of needing a comm port with many computers not having them. I put info on my website for other users with the same problem. See http://www.hphomeview.com/Tips/USB%20to%20Serial%20Converters.pdf Herve Chappe wrote: > Hello HP gurus, > I have inherited of an old IBM NetVista PC, and I run both Windows 2000 > Pro and Windows XP on it. A great machine ! Unfortunately, the machine > has no serial port, instead it has a lot of USB ports - I presume USB > 1.1. I am considering to acquire an USB to serial ADAPTOR to connect my > fafourite HP 48and HP49 calcs. The money is not the issue, the thing is > cheap. I just wonder if anyone has any experience with those adaptors, > either for HP48, or HP49, under W2K or XP... Any feedback will be we...

LLL and PSLQ algorithm
Hi everyone. I'm trying to see if it is feasible to solve small Diophantine equations and integer programming on the hp49. Have anyone made any implementation of the LLL algorithm and or the PSLQ algorithm on the hp48 or hp49 and are willing to share the sources? Any info would be appreciated. Best regards Gjermund Skailand "Gjermund Skailand" <germund.skailand@dnv.com> wrote: > Hi everyone. > > I'm trying to see if it is feasible to solve small Diophantine equations and > integer programming on the hp49. I've done this to some extent for the 68...

New Graphical User interface (GUI+) for calculators HP50 HP49 HP48
More info. http://www.adictoshp.org/node/2149 ...

Re: LLL and PSLQ algorithm
Hi. I have an implementation of pslq algorithm for the 49g. Presently it only using internal math routines with 15-16 digits precision. It is very similar to Mika Heiskanen's, but not a direct port. I'm looking for some betatesters. Mika's examples run ok though, with timings similar to his. If you are interested, please let me know. Best regards Gjermund Skailand add a dot and the alfa-sign together with dnv for reply > I'm looking for some betatesters. > > Mika's examples run ok though, with timings similar to his. > If you are interested, please let m...

Equation solver
Hi, I have the following equation: i = a*(z - s*log(1 + z/s))*(1 + s/z) I want to assign numeric values to a, s, and i and find z (just as a hp calculator equation solver does). I can input the values, but i have problems on how to solve and find z. Furthermore, suppose there a a 100 values for each of the variables in excel spreadsheet. How can I substitute each value and obtain 100 values for z in the same spreadsheet? Thanks in advance "Leo " <leoj_cruzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message <ib6utf$ldq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have ...

HP48 Applications
I have just recent acquired an HP48 GX. I've heard about the 2 and 4mb ram cards that are available, would this be a good buy? I've also heard about Erable and Meta Kernel. I take it these are neccessary applications? Do anymore practical applications exist for the HP48? "D.E.L" <graphic7@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote in message news:81fdbfd0.0403051028.630fa7f1@posting.google.com... > I have just recent acquired an HP48 GX. I've heard about the 2 and 4mb > ram cards that are available, would this be a good buy? I've also > heard about Erable and Meta Ke...

Web resources about - transfer hp48 solver equations to hp49? - comp.sys.hp48

Equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an equation is a formula of the form A = B , where A and B are expressions that may contain one or several variables called ...

UNSW research finds happy people do not live longer when ill health is removed from equation
Research investigated the conventional wisdom that happier people lived longer, and found there was much more to the story.

An equation that debunks conspiracy theories
... Grimes decided to try to create a mathematical measure for just how stupidly implausible that idea is—a sort of conspiracy probability equation. ...

Joe Biden and the Cold Equations
Looking at @FoxNews @BillKristol & @WSJ takes on Biden non-run, gotta wonder: Was it all an elaborate practical joke at GOP media's expense? ...

Community is king: a simple equation
... has been for some time. But what is community? Community, from the perspective of marketing and especially social media marketing, is an equation: ...

How to solve the STEM gender equality equation
It's common knowledge that women are underrepresented in STEM careers. What's less clear is what businesses can do to better attract and retain ...

Math whizzes recalculate beer-foaming equation
Just in time for St. Patty's, mathematicians from Ireland figure out how to put a better, cheaper head on your Guinness.

Page Thirty Three launches Tactile Equations homeware line
Australian design brand Page Thirty Three has released homeware collection Tactile Equations, which requires owners to 'complete' objects themselves ...

The Surprise Equation: Low Carb + Gluten-Free = Better Bread
Next time you dine out at a restaurant that serves a free breadbasket, watch the people around you. You’ll see some of your fellow diners eye ...

The People Equation in Shifting to a Customer-Obsessed Business
It's not news that the digitally-empowered customer is changing our world. What is news is (1) the pace needed to catch-up to an extremely dynamic ...