Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g

Dear hp calculator users:

I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises
for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide.  The
tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)

I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators
among my students at Utah State University.  We meet twice a week
after classes for that purpose.

I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the
tutorial exercises:

http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm

The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference
materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the
User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you
can download to your calculator.

So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp
49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April
21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU.

I hope you find these materials useful.

Sincerely,

Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering &
  Utah Water Research Laboratory
Utah State University
Logan, Utah 84322-4110
http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/
0
gurro (4)
2/3/2004 4:17:40 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

This is great ! Many thank's !

"Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le message de
> Dear hp calculator users:
>
> I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises
> for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide.  The
> tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
> lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
> keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)
>
> I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators
> among my students at Utah State University.  We meet twice a week
> after classes for that purpose.
>
> I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the
> tutorial exercises:
>
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm
>
> The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference
> materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the
> User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you
> can download to your calculator.
>
> So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp
> 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April
> 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU.
>
> I hope you find these materials useful.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E.
> Associate Professor
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering &
>   Utah Water Research Laboratory
> Utah State University
> Logan, Utah 84322-4110
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/

0
Herv
2/3/2004 10:42:04 PM
Not sure if any others have struck this, but I got a message saying that I
didn't have the font 'FontMenu' when I open one of the PDFs.

"Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
> Dear hp calculator users:
>
> I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises
> for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide.  The
> tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
> lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
> keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)
>
> I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators
> among my students at Utah State University.  We meet twice a week
> after classes for that purpose.
>
> I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the
> tutorial exercises:
>
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm
>
> The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference
> materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the
> User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you
> can download to your calculator.
>
> So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp
> 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April
> 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU.
>
> I hope you find these materials useful.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E.
> Associate Professor
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering &
>   Utah Water Research Laboratory
> Utah State University
> Logan, Utah 84322-4110
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/

0
Cockpit
2/4/2004 9:08:46 AM
Cockpit Colin wrote:

> Not sure if any others have struck this, but I got a message saying that I
> didn't have the font 'FontMenu' when I open one of the PDFs.

Yes, same thing happened to me. And after this error, some fonts where
unreadable.

Regards,
--
Beto
Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.

0
Beto
2/4/2004 3:44:24 PM
Same issue with me. I tried both Acrobat Reader V5 and V6.0.1 Fr, both same
issue.

Regards,
Herve

"Beto" <beto_z_o.Borra_Esto@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Cockpit Colin wrote:
>
> > Not sure if any others have struck this, but I got a message saying that
> > didn't have the font 'FontMenu' when I open one of the PDFs.
>
> Yes, same thing happened to me. And after this error, some fonts where
> unreadable.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Beto
> Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
> Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.

0
Herv
2/4/2004 9:26:49 PM
>I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the
>tutorial exercises:

Dr. Urroz:
The material is Excellent  Thank you for your efforts.
GC
0
gcookeng
2/4/2004 11:41:10 PM
Thanks for your posting indicating the problems with the fonts.  I
have included a new link in the web site where you can download the hp
fonts, so you can install them in your computer.

These fonts represent keystrokes and menu labels that I use in the
tutorial documents.

Once again, the link to the class is:

http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm

Gilberto Urroz
http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/
0
gurro
2/5/2004 12:46:17 AM
"Herv� Chappe" <herve.chappe@laposte.net> wrote in message news:<4021636e$0$20655$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-01.noos.net>...
> Same issue with me. I tried both Acrobat Reader V5 and V6.0.1 Fr, both same
> issue.
>
> Regards,
> Herve
>
> "Beto" <beto_z_o.Borra_Esto@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> > Cockpit Colin wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure if any others have struck this, but I got a message saying that
> > > didn't have the font 'FontMenu' when I open one of the PDFs.
> >
> > Yes, same thing happened to me. And after this error, some fonts where
> > unreadable.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Beto
> > Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
> > Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.

http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/Software_Calculators/HP48_49G_Docs/ProgrammingInThePC.htm

On this page go to "hp fonts" download and install. It contains all
the menu fonts and keyboard fonts required to produce/read
documentation.
0
kalashu
2/5/2004 5:31:42 AM
Hello

Gilberto Urroz wrote:
> tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
> lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
> keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)
I thought the 49G had the same HELP capabilities as the 49G+ ?

Jean-Yves
0
Jean
2/5/2004 6:56:09 AM
I briefly saw a post from Pr Urroz giving a fix link to the FONTmenu
problem, and then the post disappeared...
To sad !

"Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le message de
> Dear hp calculator users:
>
> I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises
> for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide.  The
> tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
> lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
> keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)
>
> I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators
> among my students at Utah State University.  We meet twice a week
> after classes for that purpose.
>
> I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the
> tutorial exercises:
>
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm
>
> The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference
> materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the
> User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you
> can download to your calculator.
>
> So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp
> 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April
> 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU.
>
> I hope you find these materials useful.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E.
> Associate Professor
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering &
>   Utah Water Research Laboratory
> Utah State University
> Logan, Utah 84322-4110
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/

0
Herv
2/5/2004 11:10:12 PM
Jean-Yves Avenard <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bvspdl$104ud1$1@ID-177907.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Hello
>
> Gilberto Urroz wrote:
> > tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the
> > lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain
> > keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.)
> I thought the 49G had the same HELP capabilities as the 49G+ ?
>
> Jean-Yves

Hi, Jean-Yves:

Comment allez vous? I think the help facility did not appear in ROM
1.18, the last one supported by hp.  But it is there for ROM 1.19-6,
unsupported.

Gilberto Urroz
0
gurro
2/6/2004 12:25:09 AM
Hi Herv�,

It's here:
http://tinyurl.com/2nur2

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:10:12 +0100, "Herv� Chappe"
<herve.chappe@laposte.net> wrote:

>I briefly saw a post from Pr Urroz giving a fix link to the FONTmenu
>problem, and then the post disappeared...
>To sad !

0
Johannes
2/6/2004 1:10:43 AM
I am sorry but I simply can't find this link to those FONTmenu
Would you be kind enough to post it separately ?
Best Regards,
Herve

gurro@cc.usu.edu (Gilberto Urroz) wrote in message news:<9e993670.0402041646.5f3c9f02@posting.google.com>...
> Thanks for your posting indicating the problems with the fonts.  I
> have included a new link in the web site where you can download the hp
> fonts, so you can install them in your computer.
>
> These fonts represent keystrokes and menu labels that I use in the
> tutorial documents.
>
> Once again, the link to the class is:
>
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm
>
> Gilberto Urroz
> http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/
0
herve
2/6/2004 1:08:12 PM
Hello, everyone:

I have to apologize for the missing link for the fonts.  I didn't
realize I hadn't posted my updated tutorial web page until yesterday.
Then, our network has been taken down for fixing and will be off for a
few hours.  By the time of this posting, however, I expect it to be
up.  Once again, to get to the tutorial page start at:

http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm

I have posted exercises up to Chapter 8 so far.  The last two postings
include multiple equation solutions (basically the examples in the
User's Guide) and operations with lists.

Greetings,

gilberto urroz
0
gurro

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 49G+ cable to transfer to HP 49G
Do you know if any cable exist to trnasfer files between HP 49G & HP 49G+? Thank you in advance jajacom Nope. Toby ...

HP 49G Plus manual for the HP 49G
For those who have the 49G with it's skimpy manual, can the 49G Plus manual be used as a substitute? Are there significant differences in the operation of the 49G Plus and 49G? Thx. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Hi, Apart from speed? No. Regards Dave "howard" <erickson@codenet.net> wrote in message news:3f95e2d5_7@corp.newsgroups.com... > For those who have the 49G with it's skimpy manual, can the...

HP 49g Programs used on HP 49g+
Hi: Are ALL HP49g Libraries/Programs directly usable on the 49g+ ??? I have seen some programs labeled "For 49g+ only" implying backward compatibility problems; but I've seen nothing regarding 49g Libs/Progs use on the 49g+. Thanks G Most of the 49G programs will run just fine of the 49g+. However, some authors used unsupported entries and those might not work. If there is a program, just try it and see if it works. You shouldn't be able to destory your calculator running a bad program. The programs that say "for the 49g+ only" are generally those generall...

train for HP 49g & HP 49g+
Hi Folks, This is a rewrite of the HP 48 train program for the HP 49g and HP 49g+, originally posted here 10th October 1991. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1991Oct10.182325.2360%40usenet%40CS.ORST.EDU The train program sends a train across the top of the screen. It generates self dissipating smoke and occasionally toots. A smoke billowing module has been added. The first annotated source is for the HP 49g. The second listing is for the HP 49g+. Jeremy |-) jeremy@peak.org %%HP: T(3)A(D)F(.); @ train - HP49g - 4th October 2004 - Jeremy Smith \<< MEM DROP DEPTH 190 1 FS?C PICT ...

HP 48GII vs. HP 49G+
I'm looking into buying either one of these calculators. I was wondering if getting the 49G+ is worth paying an extra 40 dollars for? I know that the 49 has a bigger display and is faster, but other than that what is different? I don't know much about calculators, and I used a TI 83 for highschool. But my brother convinced me to get a HP. I got a 48GX for christmas but the screen broke 2-3 months after that, and now I am borrowing my other brothers TI 85. thanks russ In <16bd5fef.0309181846.166df546@posting.google.com> Russ wrote: > I'm looking into buying either one...

EQLplus from Wolfgang: HP 49G vs hp 49g+
Hello together, the 49G and the 49g+ behaves different, when I try to solve a set of equations. When UserFlag 61 is cleared the solver uses "Units": in this case 49G and 49g+ behave similar. When UserFlag 61 is set (without Units), the 49g+ solver is running fine, while the 49G solver "simplifies" the equations to something which is not usefull anymore. This is an official invitation to test Wolfgangs EQLplus :-) with HP 49G as well as with hp 49g+ (please note, that hp 49g+ is *not written with capital letters... ;-) http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~raut/WR49/EQLplus.zip ...

Difference between HP 48GII & HP 49G+
What is the difference? HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+ I need a calculator for STATISTICS use Many thanks -- cerco una calcolatrice programmabile che sia collegabile al pc vanno bene sia le HP che le Texas. Contattatemi con richieste e foto. TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscaliTOGLIQUESTO.it Some days are better than others <cezanne76@tiscali.TOGLIQUESTO.it> wrote: > What is the difference? > HP 48GII is more cheper than the HP 49G+ > I need a calculator for STATISTICS use The 48gII has: - Smaller screen (64 pixels high, not 80) - Less memory - No SD card - Serial instead...

HP 49G or HP 48GX?
-- -------------------------------- Sent from pine, yes that pine... Both are old, nut the 49G has internal Faslh for permanent storage 49G "Joel Snape" <jdsnape@catra.homeunix.net> wrote in message news:slrneroteb.ndi.jdsnape@localhost.localdomain... > > > -- > -------------------------------- > Sent from pine, yes that pine... > Thanks for your opinion, I think I will go for the HP49G Does anyone know of any good infomation on how to build a serial lead? I have only been able to find snippits of infomation. I was thinking of a complete howto k...

HP 49g or HP 48gx
I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP 49g(non plus). I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and has more memory, but it has rubber keyboard. Is it worthy to swop? "Beto" <beto_z_o.Borra_Esto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:33dk7kF3tv77jU1@individual.net... > Marijan wrote: >> I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP >> 49g(non >> plus). >> I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and >> has more >> memory, but it has ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

hp 49g+ faceplates for Emu48 (still with the hp 49g keyboard, however)
Hello, everyone: I have produced two faceplates for Emu48 that resemble the hp 49g+. They are not exact reproductions of the hp 49g+, but rather hp 49g+-like faceplates for the hp 49g emulator. Please notice that these faceplates and their accompanying KML scripts are the product of my first-ever exercise in KML script development, therefore, they are not the hp 49g+ emulator that everyone in the group is expecting, but a rather crude approximation. The faceplate bmp's and KML scripts are included in the zip file referred below. I also included two versions of version 1-19.7 of the hp...

hp 49g/49g+
does have both possibility of step by step matricials(like autovalori and autovettori) calculous? the hp 49g standard(the blu one) has, and the new gray one? "Hierro" <chiedete@ng.invalid> wrote in message news:zHRkc.129555$hc5.5677689@news3.tin.it... > does have both possibility of step by step matricials(like autovalori and > autovettori) calculous? > the hp 49g standard(the blu one) has, and the new gray one? > The new one (it is gold not grey) has the same functionalities as the old blue one. I believe that you are interested in the EGVL and EGV commands Ar...

Web resources about - Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g - comp.sys.hp48

Plank (exercise) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The plank (also called a front hold , hover , or abdominal bridge ) is an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a difficult ...

Mike Schroepfer, David Ebersman Exercise Facebook Restricted Stock Units
Facebook Chief Technology Officer Mike Schroepfer and Chief Financial Officer David Ebersman disclosed their Facebook stock transactions in Form ...

Nutrition for heavy exercise
Regular (ie 3+ times/wk) strength-building exercise requires some extra dietary protein for muscle repair and building. I would include plyometric ...

Chip Wilson Exercises lululemon Board Nomination Right with Appointment of Kathryn Henry
Chip Wilson, founder of lululemon athletica, inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) and a holder of 14.5 percent of the outstanding shares of the company, today ...

How much exercise does your heart really need?
Many Americans don't know that someone with heart disease needs to exercise as much as everyone else

Jennifer Lopez on her workouts: it’s ‘hard work’ but ‘doesn’t feel like exercise’
... to always to get as much sleep as I can so that I can start the day well rested and do my morning meditation and affirmations.” Up next, exercise. ...

IDG Contributor Network: One crucial exercise for a healthy business
Is your business going in the right direction? Is your business dealing with internal conflict or chaos given the market conditions? Most industry ...

USC Uses Bizarre Bouncy Castle Exercise To Teach Students Sexual Consent
USC Uses Bizarre Bouncy Castle Exercise To Teach Students Sexual Consent

Cartoon: Climate change denial winter exercises
Denying climate change exists because it’s cold out is just the tip of the rapidly melting denial iceberg. Unfortunately it’s a well-funded iceberg ...

FCC: T-Mobile, Comcast Inquiry Just an 'Information Exercise' -
... approaches to zero rating (letting select content bypass usage caps). Wheeler has been quick to insist the inquiry is an " information exercise ...