what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?

Well, I know about shift up-and-down:

       shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on
        choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the
        cursor all the way to the beginning or the end.

       shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the
       screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click
       *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN
       choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes
       to scroll-down that FIRST time.)

What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the
left and right arrows?

Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken
key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack),

and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is
*one nice feature*!)

Other tricks with those arrows?

Thanks!

David

0
dkcombs
10/23/2006 9:37:41 PM
comp.sys.hp48 9763 articles. 2 followers. fbarbaise (60) is leader. Post Follow

David Combs wrote:
> Well, I know about shift up-and-down:
>
>       shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on
>        choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the
>        cursor all the way to the beginning or the end.
>
>       shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the
>       screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click
>       *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN
>       choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes
>       to scroll-down that FIRST time.)
>

> What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the
> left and right arrows?
>

> Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken
> key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack),
>
> and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is
> *one nice feature*!)
>
> Other tricks with those arrows?

Try them!

I think there is an appendix about shortcuts in the manual

At least the reserved variables list should be ok

left arrow starts PICTURE environment
down arrow start an editor

I have ASsigNed some xtra functions shift&hold up-arrow & down-arrow
the other changes the font size
and the other changes the header size

0
Veli
10/23/2006 9:48:45 PM
VPN wrote:

> down arrow start an editor

Actually, pressing down-arrow can start one of three different editing
modes, depending on how you press it: without shift, shift-and-release,
and shift-and-hold.  These are keyboard shortcuts to the internal
commands EDIT, EDITB, VISIT, and VISITB.

Regarding the subject line question: While editing, shift-left &
shift-right jump either one screen width at a time (screen-left and
screen-right), or jump to the left or right end of the current line.
That's analogous to the shifted up and down keys
(screen-up/screen-down, home/end).

-Joe-

0
Joe
10/24/2006 9:26:09 AM

On Oct 23, 11:48 pm, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen" <DROP_...@dlc.fi> wrote:

> I think there is an appendix about shortcuts in the manual

Right!
It's the G-Appendix, pages G-1 to G-3
Best regards.
Giancarlo

0
Giancarlo
10/24/2006 11:10:49 AM
Giancarlo wrote:
> On Oct 23, 11:48 pm, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen" <DROP_...@dlc.fi> wrote:
>>
>> I think there is an appendix about shortcuts in the manual
>>

> Right!
> It's the G-Appendix, pages G-1 to G-3
> Best regards.
> Giancarlo

so newbies should
Read The Full Manuals
!!!

0
Veli
10/24/2006 8:54:28 PM
In article <g_u%g.13283$vE7.6958@reader1.news.jippii.net>,
Veli-Pekka Nousiainen <DROP_vpn@dlc.fi> wrote:
>Giancarlo wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 11:48 pm, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen" <DROP_...@dlc.fi> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think there is an appendix about shortcuts in the manual
>>>

>> Right!
>> It's the G-Appendix, pages G-1 to G-3
>> Best regards.
>> Giancarlo
>
>so newbies should
>Read The Full Manuals
>!!!

I'm working my way through, piece by piece.

But 800 pages?   That's sure a bunch -- and besides, even
that leaves *lots* of stuff undocumented (I discover).

David

0
dkcombs
10/24/2006 10:40:41 PM
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:37:41 -0500, David Combs wrote:

> Well, I know about shift up-and-down:
>
>        shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on
>         choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the
>         cursor all the way to the beginning or the end.
>
>        shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the
>        screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click
>        *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN
>        choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes
>        to scroll-down that FIRST time.)

Many not-so-stupid applications do exactly the same
(first use of "scroll 1 page" jumping to current page border,
if not already there), including email programs (Eudora, Opera)
and even my Sharp Wizard.

The face of the HP49G included eight colored icons around the
cursor keys, attempting to illustrate the effects during editing
of the shifted cursor keys:

http://www.hpcc.org/images/hp49g.jpg [659x1397, 179K]

Gee, that looked so good, I started trying to push the keys,
until I saw my thumbprints all over my monitor :(

> Oh, apparently undocumented, I've found (via mistaken
> key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack),
>
> and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST
> (that HIST is *one nice feature*!)

Why, all that is completely documented -- in the HP48G[X] manuals, anyway :)

> Other tricks with those arrows?

Ever see an arrow pushed thru a balloon, without breaking it?

I'd look for a picture of that, too, except that our perimeter firewall
has just gone into its "I'm falling down a black hole" mode again :)

[r->] [OFF]
0
John
10/24/2006 11:32:00 PM
Previously:

>> Other tricks with those arrows?
> Ever see an arrow pushed thru a balloon, without breaking it?

Here we go:
http://www.letusteachkids.com/magic/Needle%20thru%20Balloon.JPG
http://www.elmhurst.edu/~applebee/img2.jpg
http://www.indianaclowns.com/magic/needleballoon.JPG
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~edhall/magic/balloon2.gif

While sold in "magic shops," the recipe is simple,
and can be performed at home or school,
using easily obtainable everyday materials.

[r->] [OFF]
0
John
10/25/2006 12:29:25 AM
[other uses of arrows]

They do it in Physics class, too:
http://pirt.asu.edu/images/2A10.150(01).jpg

-[ ]-
0
John
10/25/2006 12:36:21 AM
Something went wrong with the URL, I think, so trying again
(with more photos):

Using "arrows" in Physics class:
http://pirt.asu.edu/images/2A10.150(01).jpg
http://pirt.asu.edu/images/2A10.150(02).jpg
http://pirt.asu.edu/images/2A10.150(03).jpg

Spoiler (how to do it):
http://pirt.asu.edu/detail_10.asp?ID=3D1975

-[ ]-
0
John

Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift )
Hello, I think these two functions will come in very handy to solving the "write longword bits" problem. ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) Shifting with extra inputs is what is required to solve it nicely. // Begin of Code *** program Project1; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} { Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) version 0.01 created on 5 may 2008 by Skybuck Flying. Be carefull though, the shift parameter must be 0 to 31. } uses SysUtils; // make overloaded versions for easy coding // display in big e...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from ri...

shift left, shift right
Hello, Is there any command to shift left or right a vector ? thanks for your reply. patrice: <SNIP ...Is there any command to shift left or right a vector... a hint: help circshift us Try these: 4.1 Vectors To shift and rotate the elements of a vector, use X([ end 1:end-1 ]); % shift right/down 1 element X([ end-k+1:end 1:end-k ]); % shift right/down k elements X([ 2:end 1 ]); % shift left/up 1 element X([ k+1:end 1:k ]); % shift left/up k elements Try this link: <http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/course/2003/impr/matlab/MatlabTip.pdf> -TRO patrice wrote: > > > H...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

Changing M-<right,left> to C-<right,left>
Hello, I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to have it 70%, 30%. TIA, Andre Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gma...

Left Shift / Right Shift Operators
Hi, Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift Operator ? e.g int a = 5 ; a = a >> 1 ; // // a is now 2 and the least significant bit is lost // // I want this solution for the question: "How to find if the number is even or odd using only "<<" or/and ">>" operators ?" On Thu, 29 Nov 2006, Santosh Nayak wrote: > > Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift > Operator ? int a = 5; int lost_bit = a & 1; a = a >> 1; /* now lost_bit holds the lost bit */ > ...

left shift then right shift an unsigned int
Hello, for the following code: unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) Thanks and best regards, Wenjie On 11 Jul 2003 04:07:43 -0700, gokkog@yahoo.com (Wenjie) wrote: >Hello, for the following code: > unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; > unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; >Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) It looks OK to me... -- Bob Hairg...

Java left shift and right shift operators.
I have a problem where I have to do left shift and right shift. Long N; int shiftby; output = N >> shiftby; Above N is shifted right. Example if N=11101101 [binary value] will become: 1110110 when shiftby=1; will become: 0111011 when shiftby=2; will become: 0011101 when shiftby=3; will become: 0001110 when shiftby=4; will become: 0000111 when shiftby=5; will become: 0000011 when shiftby=6; will become: 0000001 when shiftby=7; When I want to shift left I can use output = N << shiftby; //[Not change in sign "<<" instead of ">>"] Above N is shi...

Distinguish Shift - click left and Shift
Is there a way to distinguish the SelectionType property in a figure for a Shift - click left and Shift - click right? Both result in the SelectionType 'Extend'... Thx "Stefan" <s@m.de> wrote in message <hpkik9$5c3$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way to distinguish the SelectionType property in a figure for a Shift - click left and Shift - click right? > Both result in the SelectionType 'Extend'... > > Thx Hi Stefan, if you are in a callback function you can use this example with small changes, taken from the figure prope...

How to do >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) in Matlab?
Hi all, How >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) 2'complement number (both positive and negative integer). Is x>>2 equal to floor(x/4)? And is x<<2 equal to x*4? Best regards, Davy Soho wrote: > Hi all, > > How >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) 2'complement number > (both positive and negative integer). > > Is x>>2 equal to floor(x/4)? > > And is x<<2 equal to x*4? > > Best regards, > Davy > Does bitshift: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/bitshift.html do what you wa...

How to shift Left or Right in SSE2
How do I do a bitwise shift left or right in SSE2? I would like that each of the 4 Word is shifted left (or right) by a number of n bits. I could only find _mm_srai_epi32 (only right!), which howevere does not do what I want, as it brings in introduce the sign bit. Thanks, Fabio spamtrap@crayne.org writes: > How do I do a bitwise shift left or right in SSE2? > > I would like that each of the 4 Word is shifted left (or right) by a > number of n bits. > > I could only find _mm_srai_epi32 (only right!), which howevere does > not do what I want, as it brings in int...

SPARK left/right shift.
Hi. What's the "correct" way to get access to left/right shift operations for modular types in SPARK? I see from the Checker manual that the proof language is capable of modelling them but then I also see that the Interfaces package isn't predefined. On Jul 21, 10:07=A0am, xorque <xorquew...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi. > > What's the "correct" way to get access to left/right shift operations > for modular types in SPARK? The standard shift/rotate functions in Interfaces are overloaded, so not legal SPARK. The way round this is to declare a...

Web resources about - what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do? - comp.sys.hp48