[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX

Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost,
but I am kind of desperate.

I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too)
for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can
be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*.

I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access
this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc
connections.

Thank you for your help and patience,
--
Guido
| Experience is a strange teacher,           |

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

IBM AS400

IBM Infoprin 1130 stampe as400 (msg x OBELIX)
Ciao a chiunque legga!!! Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! "davidino" <tomomot@katamail.com> wrote in message news:48e87dd8.0404160539.770f2afa@posting.google.com... > Ciao a chiunque legga!!! > > Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM > infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. > Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da > avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale > PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo > > utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? > > Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! Try something we can read. Might help..... Knibbel ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

unix odbc drivers for as400
hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying arround?, it would be a lot of help! thanks in advance. fel <felipevaldez@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa- 8dd368d29024@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com: > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying > arround?, > > it would be a lot of help! > > > thanks in advance. > > as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX there is an ODBC driver for LINUX: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html -- Ad, pas de probl�me, que des solutions On Sep 21, 1:29=A0pm, Ad <noem...@spam.com> wrote: > fel <felipeval...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa- > 8dd368d29...@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com: > > > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from > > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying > > arround?, > > > it would be a lot of help! > > > thanks in advance. > > as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX > there is an ODBC driver for LINUX: > > http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html > > -- > Ad, > > pas de probl=E8me, que des solutions thanks fel wrote: > On Sep 21, 1:29 pm,...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Non-IBM ODBC driver for Windows?
Hello, In ODBC Administrator I find a bunch of drivers (DBase, Foxpro, Nintendo, dontknowwhat), plus the iSeries Access ODBC driver. Are there other than IBM iSeries drivers available which I can use on PCs which have no iSeries Access installed? Walter HiT odbc for AS/400 http://www.hitsw.com/support/relnotes/odbc400-rn.html It is much friendlier to M$ applications than IBM's driver "Walter" <user317@web.de> wrote in message news:1114760078.627319.19210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > In ODBC Administrator I find a bunch of drivers (DBase, Foxpro, > Nintendo, dontknowwhat), plus the iSeries Access ODBC driver. > > Are there other than IBM iSeries drivers available which I can use on > PCs which have no iSeries Access installed? > > > Walter > Just curious - why don't you want to use the iSeries Access driver ? StarSQL : http://www.starquest.com/Productfolder/starsql.html Very fast and easy to use. Bob "Walter" <user317@web.de> wrote in message news:<1114760078.627319.19210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>... > Hello, > > In ODBC Administrator I find a bunch of drivers (DBase, Foxpro, > Nintendo, dontknowwhat), plus the iSeries Access ODBC driver. > > Are there other than IBM iSeries drivers available which I can use on > PCs which have no iSeries Access installed? > > > Walter ...

AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver
I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - SQL system error". Can someone help me on this issue? Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - > SQL system error". > > Can someone help me on this issue? > If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250 ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this to find the job: wrkactjob job(qzda*) Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10 (Display detailed messages). -- Karl Hanson Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver&...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

IBM DB2 ODBC-driver for download
Hi, Frontend: MS Access XP on Win XP Backend AIX: DB2 ... (7.1) Hi, to be honest, concerning the db2 i�m a rather newbie, so sorry for unexact question. I tried in beforehand to find some for me relevant information on the IBM or MS side and on Google-groups, but i failed (maybe i�m just to silly). In the office there is Office XP and Win XP installed together with an (older) ODBC-driver for IBM DB2 7.1 which i use to just link the tables into Access. On my Toshiba-laptop i installed for testing purposes the Personal Edition of IBM DB2, a CD which i got from IBM on a fair (Version 8.2 beta). This one obviously automatically installs a newer odbc-driver. This driver behaves differently on dates as said in an article about Access and dates and ODBC So my question: Where to load the new ODBC-driver seperate from the PE ? I don�t want to install the whole system for just getting a new driver. Any special things i�ve to look for ? mfg Klaus Oberdalhoff Klaus Oberdalhoff [MVP] wrote: > Hi, > > Frontend: MS Access XP on Win XP > Backend AIX: DB2 ... (7.1) > >> > This driver behaves differently on dates as said in an article about > Access and dates and ODBC > > So my question: Where to load the new ODBC-driver seperate from the PE ? > I don�t want to install the whole system for just getting a new driver. > Any special things i�ve to look for ? > There's much differ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

Re: MySQL ODBC driver on Mac OS X
Hi Scott, I had a similar problem. The instructions for driver installation mad no sense with respect to the contents of the package. I downloaded som packages from [url]http://www.serverlogistics.com/mysql.php[/url] an installed the drivers from there. That web page also has a link (a the bottom) to "Thomas Berger's OS X Tips" that contains some usefu information, though not everything works as described. I've got th ODBC driver installed, but not fully working yet. I know that I' communicating with the server (looking at the traffic log on th server), but ...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

How to connect to AS400 IFS with a Mac running OS X
When I connect to our companies AS400 (iseries) the file names appear in korean. When I first purchased my G4 (4 or 5 years ago) I was able to see my AS400 file shares with no problems. At some point I upgrade to a more recent version of Mac OS X and I lost the ability to see my AS400 (at least in english). I can see other PC's on the network, and they can see the as400. It seems like some kind of character set issue. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Is there anyone elso who is connecting to their companies AS400 IFS using Mas OS X? Thanks, Martin Machine specs: OS X 10.3.8 G4 To those of you that find this message... I solved the problem with a product called DAVE (thursby.com). Please note they don't officially support the connection. Martin Martin, the problem you noted is fixed on the iSeries in V5R2 via PTF MF34715. Said fix is in the base on V5R3 and is not available for V5R1. Jon Martin wrote: > When I connect to our companies AS400 (iseries) the file names appear > in korean. When I first purchased my G4 (4 or 5 years ago) I was able > to see my AS400 file shares with no problems. At some point I upgrade > to a more recent version of Mac OS X and I lost the ability to see my > AS400 (at least in english). ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

as400 driver
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

IBM NULL MAC Driver
Howdy World ! Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest OSes via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC WITHOUT that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me). Now the instructions for that procedure where for Windoze. So I wonder how one would install a loopback adapter in OS/2? Maybe that IBM NULL MAC driver is it? Also, what do the two parameters you can specify for the Virtual PC MAC driver mean? And while we're at it, what does the term MAC mean anyway? Greetings Morenga On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote: >Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest >OSes >via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC >WITHOUT >that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers >Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me). > Open up the TCPIP Configuration notebook and check the loopback interface is enabled. Cheers Wayne -- Posted with PMINews 2 for OS/2 Running on eComStation 1.1 On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:12:15 +0900 (JST), Wayne wrote: >On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote: > >>Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest >>OSes >>via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC...

IBM no POST
Hello, We have a IBM that don't POST with no beep codes or nothing. The monitor is black too. A. I pull all cards out and there are still no beeps or POST. B. I finally pull-out the memory stick and bingo! Now I get beep codes like crazy. Is this a indication that I need new ram? Thanks, Al On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:17:46 GMT, "Al Davis" <shonnel7@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello, >We have a IBM that don't POST with no beep codes or nothing. The monitor is >black too. > A. I pull all cards out and there are still no beeps or POST. > B. I finally pull-out the memory stick and bingo! Now I get beep >codes like crazy. > >Is this a indication that I need new ram? > Was it working? It may just be the wrong type of stick if this is a build. It was working and this IBM pc came from the IBM store. --AL <gfretwell@aol.com> wrote in message news:t7hk41pqjlkda6k3491c9a0bcnrl0fatjc@4ax.com... > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:17:46 GMT, "Al Davis" <shonnel7@sbcglobal.net> > wrote: > > >Hello, > >We have a IBM that don't POST with no beep codes or nothing. The monitor is > >black too. > > A. I pull all cards out and there are still no beeps or POST. > > B. I finally pull-out the memory stick and bingo! Now I get beep > >codes like crazy. > > > >Is this a indication that I need new ram?...

Web resources about - [X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

OK Brothers, there is still some hope in Valve! (X-post from /r/Gaming) - Imgur
The Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer.

(x-post from asoiaf) So happy for season 5! Here's a painting of Daenerys in watercolor I've been working ...
The Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer.

Take your pick (x-post r/TheBluePill) - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Slab climbing Ibex (x-post from /r/WTF) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Made a Dota 2 poster in Blender (x-post r/dota2) - Imgur
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.