[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2

Hello,
I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too)
for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can
be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*.

I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access
this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc
connections.

Thank you for your help and patience,
--
Guido
| Experience is a strange teacher,           |

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido Guido Spadotto wrote: > Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, > but I am kind of desperate. > > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > > I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access > this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc > connections. > > Thank you for your help and patience, Hi Guido, I've used DB2 Connect to connect to an AS400 via PHP on a Linux machine. I haven't tried it on my Mac, but it's conceivable that it could be installed on OS X via the terminal. Might be worth a look. Other than that... maybe Rumba (from NetManage) running in Virtual PC? -- David Hennessy http://david.maidix.com/ I wish I could help you, but I am--alas--not a Mac expert. I do like the combination of the innovation of a MAC with the only single level store, truly object oriented OS ever made commercially viable. Have a look at this produ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

IBM AS400

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

IBM Infoprin 1130 stampe as400 (msg x OBELIX)
Ciao a chiunque legga!!! Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! "davidino" <tomomot@katamail.com> wrote in message news:48e87dd8.0404160539.770f2afa@posting.google.com... > Ciao a chiunque legga!!! > > Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM > infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. > Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da > avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale > PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo > > utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? > > Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! Try something we can read. Might help..... Knibbel ...

IBM NULL MAC Driver
Howdy World ! Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest OSes via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC WITHOUT that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me). Now the instructions for that procedure where for Windoze. So I wonder how one would install a loopback adapter in OS/2? Maybe that IBM NULL MAC driver is it? Also, what do the two parameters you can specify for the Virtual PC MAC driver mean? And while we're at it, what does the term MAC mean anyway? Greetings Morenga On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote: >Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest >OSes >via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC >WITHOUT >that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers >Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me). > Open up the TCPIP Configuration notebook and check the loopback interface is enabled. Cheers Wayne -- Posted with PMINews 2 for OS/2 Running on eComStation 1.1 On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:12:15 +0900 (JST), Wayne wrote: >On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote: > >>Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest >>OSes >>via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC...

porting network driver from 2.2.x to 2.4.x #2
Hello, All! There are some sources of pseudo network interface driver develkoped for 2.2.x kernel. I have to port it onto 2.4.x kernel. I have explored the structure 'net_device' from linux/net/netdevice.h, there are few major changes. The main problem for now is - how to check that interface is ready to transmit data (in 2.2.x 'tbusy' field was used fot this and function 'test_and_set_busy' checking the 'tbusy' state). But thus field was removed from 2.4.x kernel, and now you should use the function 'netif_start_queue' or 'netif_stop_queue'. How can I check in 2.4.x that device is not busy and ready to to transmit data? Thanks in advance. With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, >> I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version >> is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of >> ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to >> explode ;) >> >> Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on Tiger? It'll take some work, but companies like Riverace, Remedy, and OCI can help out with this stuff if staying with 5.3.1 is essential. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for help with this stuff. >> > http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/ >> I will try it out, and let you know how it works. Great - if there are any problems please let us know quickly so that we can get the fixes into the x.4.8 beta. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

as400 driver #2
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

[...]

x^(3/2)+x^(5/2) = (x+x^2)*x^(1/2)
Is there a simple way to get Maple to convert x^(3/2) + x^(5/2) to (x+x^2)*x^(1/2). I am willing to assume(x>0). Maple does recognize these as being equal: > p:=x^(3/2)+x^(5/2): > q:=(x+x^2)*sqrt(x): > simplify(p-q); 0 Here's a clumsy way to do it: > p:=x^(3/2)+x^(5/2): > assume(t>0): > subs(x=t^2,p); > simplify(%,{t^2=x}); > collect(%,t); Is there something simpler? (This has undoubtedly come up before, but I cannot find it anywhere.) --Edwin If you do not insist upon your incomplete factoriz...

AS400 to AS400 connection

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

unix odbc drivers for as400
hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying arround?, it would be a lot of help! thanks in advance. fel <felipevaldez@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa- 8dd368d29024@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com: > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying > arround?, > > it would be a lot of help! > > > thanks in advance. > > as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX there is an ODBC driver for LINUX: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html -- Ad, pas de probl�me, que des solutions On Sep 21, 1:29=A0pm, Ad <noem...@spam.com> wrote: > fel <felipeval...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa- > 8dd368d29...@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com: > > > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from > > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying > > arround?, > > > it would be a lot of help! > > > thanks in advance. > > as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX > there is an ODBC driver for LINUX: > > http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html > > -- > Ad, > > pas de probl=E8me, que des solutions thanks fel wrote: > On Sep 21, 1:29 pm,...

Web resources about - [X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

OK Brothers, there is still some hope in Valve! (X-post from /r/Gaming) - Imgur
The Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer.

(x-post from asoiaf) So happy for season 5! Here's a painting of Daenerys in watercolor I've been working ...
The Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer.

Take your pick (x-post r/TheBluePill) - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Slab climbing Ibex (x-post from /r/WTF) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Made a Dota 2 poster in Blender (x-post r/dota2) - Imgur
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.